20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 82.
#3301 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Because you’d rather buy all the other games that have in-playfield screens?

LOL, I remember when the OG first pictures came out, people complained the playfield screens would be a big mistake.

I won't miss the playfield screen. I played it and It was convenient but redundant. Not necessary. Glad I'm not paying for it on this version.

#3302 2 years ago

Im excited that others get to enjoy Alien. It truly is in a class on its own. Best in my collection thats for sure.

#3303 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I really want this game!
But without the in-playfield screen Im really disappointed.
Maybe there will be an LE that has it, otherwise Im out.....
REALLY DISAPPOINTED....

So you don't really want it then.

#3304 2 years ago

I really want this game!
But without the in-playfield screen Im really disappointed.
Maybe there will be an LE that has it, otherwise Im out.....
REALLY DISAPPOINTED....

Judging from the last gameplay video, I don't think it will really matter. I like it in mine, and might wait to see if the LV has it, but it wouldn't keep me from buying this game. The important decision PB made was keeping the game as it was designed to shoot, and even adding back a couple of mechs. The other stuff is bling, whether you like it or not. Not that important, just looks good, depending on your tastes, as many don't even like it.

#3305 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Judging from the last gameplay video, I don't think it will really matter. I like it in mine, and might wait to see if the LV has it, but it wouldn't keep me from buying this game. The important decision PB made was keeping the game as it was designed to shoot, and even adding back a couple of mechs. The other stuff is bling, whether you like it or not. Not that important, just looks good, depending on your tastes, as many don't even like it.

When I first saw Alien with the cool screen, I was hooked.

I just love innovative toys I guess.

On My TH, Smaug was advertised to be interactive with the ball and ended up not to be.

I thought the 3 rings on POTC would be like the incredible spinning magnet on Twister, but ended up being lame.

So many cool ideas and toys never make it into games...

I was disappointed with TH, but I still really love the game.

We'll see how I feel about it after I get to play the game.

But for now, I feel let down a bit.

Maybe there will be an LE?

#3306 2 years ago

We'll see how I feel about it after I get to play the game.

I'm gonna guess, and I don't know, just spit balling here....................Disappointed?

#3307 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

I'm gonna guess, I don't know...Disappointed.

Lol

#3308 2 years ago

I admit, I was too. I liked the idea of the pf screen. I also liked the lit side panels, but ultimately, given what they were actually used for, I am fine without them. I hope the ironed out all the actual issues with the game itself.

#3309 2 years ago

I'm gonna guess, and I don't know, just spit balling here....................Disappointed?

Life is filled with disappointments...

Ill try to get over it..

Thats what Whisky is for

#3310 2 years ago

Ill try to get over it..

Don't do that, u might not need the whiskey anymore. I'll take disappointment and Whiskey any day of the week.

#3311 2 years ago

Life is filled with disappointments...
Ill try to get over it..
Thats what Whisky is for

First world problems...no playfield screen - what should I do?

#3312 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

First world problems...no playfield screen - what should I do?

Drink Whiskey !

#3313 2 years ago

Don't do that, u might not need the whiskey anymore. I'll take disappointment and Whiskey any day of the week.

Sage advice...

#3314 2 years ago

That's just as bad, actually disturbing. How about "Its pretty good" Sorry, I can't stand these new forced words, especiallt when they are coming from people who just shouldn't be using them, I mean I hate it regardless but "Dog" and "Bro" its like old guys starting sentences with "Dude" its just embarrassing. Don't get me started on sandals.

I'm the same. Can't stand those words. Makes people sound like morons. Oh, and how about a grown man saying "meh" I literally could kick someone in the face for saying it.

#3315 2 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I'm the same. Can't stand those words. Makes people sound like morons. Oh, and how about a grown man saying "meh" I literally could kick someone in the face for saying it.

Figuratively.

#3316 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Figuratively.

If you look up “literally,” definition 2 is now “figuratively.” Whippersnappers like facelift are warping our language beyond all recognition!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

#3317 2 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Meh

#3318 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

LOL, I remember when the OG first pictures came out, people complained the ⁰l
playfield screens would be a big mistake.
I won't miss the playfield screen. I played it and It was convenient but redundant. Not necessary. Glad I'm not paying for it on this version.

But, what if they changed it? If they are adding content, why not make better use of the PF screen. The audio is already good to go, adding video assets to match will take this pin to the next level.

#3319 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

But, what if they changed it? If they are adding content, why not make better use of the PF screen. The audio is already good to go, adding video assets to match will take this pin to the next level.

If they added content and it was exclusively on the playfield screen then sure, that would be really cool, but I don't see that happening.

#3320 2 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Have you considered taking a break from the internet, brah?

#3321 2 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I literally could kick someone in the face for saying it.

Let's be honest, you're on a pinball forum, you can't lift your leg that high.

#3322 2 years ago

When someone gets a machine, please post a video of that upper magnet, ive only read about it, I want to see it in action!!

#3323 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

When someone gets a machine, please post a video of that upper magnet, ive only read about it, I want to see it in action!!

When I get mine I plan to post a crapload of photos - playfield, under playfield, cabinet, backbox, etc. I'm just now working my way through the original Alien thread to try to get a handle on things to look out for. I'm hoping that major design issues with things like power supplies and USB cable interference have been rectified.

I'll do my best at posting some videos, too. I'm not set up for streaming so it will be phone camera quality. At least I know to turn the camera to landscape mode before filming...

#3324 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Haha, LMFAO

#3325 2 years ago

If you are an adult male and you use the word literally in a sentence that is attacking others speech patterns....well that's just downright hilarious. It might be time for some introspection.

#3326 2 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Chill daddio, that is such a dudebro thing to say, brah, like for realz.

#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

When I get mine I plan to post a crapload of photos - playfield, under playfield, cabinet, backbox, etc. I'm just now working my way through the original Alien thread to try to get a handle on things to look out for. I'm hoping that major design issues with things like power supplies and USB cable interference have been rectified.
I'll do my best at posting some videos, too. I'm not set up for streaming so it will be phone camera quality. At least I know to turn the camera to landscape mode before filming...

Thanks man!

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

We are more rare than we should be. My buddies know at this point that kinda talk is banned from my house as are sandaled feet or any other opened toed shoe on a man. I've green garbage bagged feet before and I will bag again. I would rather hack them off at the ankle but baby steps. Shorts is wear I get the most resistance. Banned.
bc7da61e-f24f-46b4-b82a-9a674652683f_screenshot (resized).jpgbc7da61e-f24f-46b4-b82a-9a674652683f_screenshot (resized).jpg

#3329 2 years ago

Oh boy... these posts have become so idiotic. I'm so anxious to get my Alien Pinball Machine.... not so I can play it... but so I don't have to read this thread anymore looking for updates.

#3330 2 years ago

My buddies know at this point that kinda talk is banned from my house as are sandaled feet or any other opened toed shoe on a man.

Strict dress code at Humungus' place. Jacket and tie required.

rodgers-denim (resized).jpgrodgers-denim (resized).jpgTheShadow (resized).jpgTheShadow (resized).jpg

#3331 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Oh boy... these posts have become so idiotic. I'm so anxious to get my Alien Pinball Machine.... not so I can play it... but so I don't have to read this thread anymore looking for updates.

Its not our fault u don't have a sense of humor. Better start a new thread cause I think ur gonna be waiting a long time. Good day to u sir.

I said good day.

#3332 2 years ago

Dope!

Quoted from ectobar:

#3333 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

oh the irony

#3334 2 years ago

I thought this place was aboot pinball, not making fun of the way people talk.

#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I thought this place was aboot pinball, not making fun of the way people talk.

U thought wrong and no one really talks that way. Hence the need to make fun of it.

Word

#3336 2 years ago

Good day to u sir.

I said good day.

You mean like when people put this at the end of every point in their argument because they think it's still clever? It's in the running with 'You ARE the weakest link... Goodbye!'.

#3337 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Can't agree more...... Let's bring this to the club thread. People who want to talk about and get hyped for the new alien should follow. This thread is toxic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-club-by-pinball-brothers-she-s-back

#3338 2 years ago

We are more rare than we should be. My buddies know at this point that kinda talk is banned from my house as are sandaled feet or any other opened toed shoe on a man. I've green garbage bagged feet before and I will bag again. I would rather hack them off at the ankle but baby steps. Shorts is wear I get the most resistance. Banned.
[quoted image]

Such a sensitive snowflake. Not sure what this has to do with Aliens though.

#3339 2 years ago

And to think I stepped into this thread willingly just to see what was going on, just to be hit in the face with an instant case of "been here, done this before"-itis

Good thing to know Pinside is so reliable...

#3340 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You mean like when people put this at the end of every point in their argument because they think it's still clever? It's in the running with 'You ARE the weakest link... Goodbye!'.

Its not at the end of every argument. No desire to be clever. Oh and "you are the weakest link" how is that anywhere close to the same thing? Its not even remotely close to being similar in meaning. I would like one example of someone making a point, right or wrong who ends with "you are the missing link"
Man is that stupid.

Quoted from nwpinball:

Such a sensitive snowflake

Maybe time to look up the meaning behind calling someone a snowflake. If I'm snowflake then ur a woman.

Quoted from delt31:

Can't agree more...... Let's bring this to the club thread. People who want to talk about and get hyped for the new alien should follow. This thread is toxic.

Good idea. I'll see u there.

#3341 2 years ago

I can't tell if this is satire or you need to get out into the world more.

#3342 2 years ago

Maybe time to look up the meaning behind calling someone a snowflake. If I'm snowflake then ur a woman.

That's not how it works, you are just a snowflake, it's got nothing to do with me. You are the one so easily offended by the words people use and clothes they wear that you need to complain about it in an Alien pinball thread on Pinside. I mean, geeze, shorts and sandals offend you? As does someone saying dude? That's taking snowflake to a whole new level. You've got to be in your 70s or 80s.

#3343 2 years ago

Everyone is just grumpy because they haven't got their Alien's yet.

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This thread is toxic.

What's toxic about it?
Man r some of u guys ever lame. I bet u throw some real fun parties.
Lets argue and exchange insults a little bit. Especially when there's nothing else to discuss right now. "I don't like the cab art" "will the LV have the screen" for the 100th time. Is that better?
Delt u own the game already, what exactly r u here to discuss? If i had to put my money on it ur reveling in the fact the rest of us aren't getting the same level game u have. If I had a Alien already I wouldn't even bother any PB thread.

#3345 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You are the one so easily offended by the words people use and clothes they wear that you need to complain about it in an Alien pinball thread on Pinside. I mean, geeze, shorts and sandals offend you? As does someone saying dude? That's taking snowflake to a whole new level. You've got to be in your 70s or 80s.

46 yrs old

Snowflake is one thing no one has ever called me and with good reason.

Offended? not really, disappointed sure, disillusioned maybe? ok

From ur brief paragraph I know all I need to. Its ok. U will think about it now the next time u put on ur sandals and shorts. U might think twice before starting ur sentences with "dude" or saying "that's dope".

#3346 2 years ago

Here is something to discuss. Who thinks the picture of the 6 Aliens was taken in an Italian Factory? Those floors didn't look like a factory floor to me.

#3347 2 years ago

U will think about it now the next time u put on ur sandals and shorts.

I'll promise you this, if I think about you next time I'm putting on my shorts I'm quitting Pinside for good. Life's too short for that shit.

#3348 2 years ago

This thread went south faster than Andrew Heighway escaping to Australia.

#3349 2 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Here is something to discuss. Who thinks the picture of the 6 Aliens was taken in an Italian Factory? Those floors didn't look like a factory floor to me.

That's a really good point! I didn't think about that at all. I was surprised to see them on their legs too. I feel like you don't really see them on their legs in a factory.

#3350 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

That's a really good point! I didn't think about that at all. I was surprised to see them on their legs too. I feel like you don't really see them on their legs in a factory.

Have you looked at the Spooky build pics? These are small shops, not shops pounding out 1000's of products a day on lines. (granted I do not know 'where' they are making these so who knows).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/67?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.