20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 82.
#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

On the box it’s stating there there going to be 3 versions
I’m trying to upload a picture but does not work :-/
https://imgshare.io/image/288dcce6-60ef-4b1f-aa0a-34d7f041163f.pZXaQ9

According to their PB Facebook page, in posts area Cointaker says no XV version.

#3252 2 years ago

Lets see what happens first. Crazy thing is there is not info on the LV :-/

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hoping to see some pictures of underneath the pf.... The parts being used.

Me 2.

I'm really interested in the inner workings. under the PF, what's in the B Box. All that jazz.

Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I'm thinking black will look awesome.

Chrome is better than some kind vomit green or sparkly blue but black is the ticket.

#3254 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Why is that crazy??? They said in December that there would be no LV info until mid-2021. I don't understand why people keep expecting info about it earlier. It has already been stated many times. WTF?

ANYWHERE BUT THE FIRST Fing THREE ROWS!

#3255 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Chrome is better than some kind vomit green or sparkly blue but black is the ticket.

Have you seen one?! Still, blue is my favorite.

0DC26474-4DD9-418B-87DB-2EA564F4C1CF (resized).jpeg0DC26474-4DD9-418B-87DB-2EA564F4C1CF (resized).jpeg2476137D-66B5-4216-8CCB-62349F688941 (resized).jpeg2476137D-66B5-4216-8CCB-62349F688941 (resized).jpeg
#3256 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Have you seen one?! Still, blue is my favorite.[quoted image][quoted image]

No, but love that Lebowski pinball!

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Have you seen one?! Still, blue is my favorite.

I don't want 2. I've never liked colored armor or powder coating. Part of the reason I stopped buying LE's. Just not my thing. Black, with a little grit to it. Thats the ticket.
Still what a beauty. I so wish Heighway had kept going. I'd have my LE and who knows what else from them by. That's a shame.

#3258 2 years ago

I don't want 2. I've never liked colored armor or powder coating. Part of the reason I stopped buying LE's. Just not my thing. Black, with a little grit to it. Thats the ticket.
Still what a beauty. I so wish Heighway had kept going. I'd have my LE and who knows what else from them by. That's a shame.

Well black is a color too!
I’m excited to see what the community does with the remake.

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

African Armor, please.

#3260 2 years ago

I never liked the green as it was implemented...and I'm very much a black on lime green person. For whatever reason though, it just didn't click with me. Needed to be 'less' I think. I'm thinkings layered crackled black with the lime underneath peaking through...actually...el paper under it would look pretty f'ng cool too.

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Very nice! I just love alien pinball - OG or new. Such a good game.

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Very nice! I just love alien pinball - OG or new. Such a good game.

I can't wait to see you add Ripley into the video!

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

They said in December that there would be no LV info until mid-2021. I don't understand why people keep expecting info about it earlier. I

An when they announce... Will be the usual negativity that seems all to common here

When they build it , you can buy it... probably will still be out before CGC builds another remake

#3264 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

An when they announce... Will be the usual negativity that seems all to common here

There will be praise as well. Its called "opinions"

#3265 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I’m excited to see what the community does with the remake.

Black is not a color. Don't believe me? Look it up.

#3266 2 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Black is not a color. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Yeah, I know. Changing the metal another color or shade was the point.

#3267 2 years ago

A little light reading to get excited while we wait for the LV

20210417_220636 (resized).jpg20210417_220636 (resized).jpg
#3268 2 years ago
Quoted from Mzis:

A little light reading to get excited while we wait for the LV
[quoted image]

The new Alien comic (issue #1 last month) is pretty dope too so far

#3269 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Yes I have, and its spectacular!

Quoted from cpr9999:

No, but love that Lebowski pinball!

That my game dude!

#3270 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

is pretty dope too so far

Dope? Come on man.

#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I can't wait to see you add Ripley into the video!

I can't wait to not see u add Ripley into the video.

#3272 2 years ago

Dope? Come on man.

Sorry. It's pretty keen, daddy-o.

#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Sorry. It's pretty keen, daddy-o.

That's just as bad, actually disturbing. How about "Its pretty good" Sorry, I can't stand these new forced words, especiallt when they are coming from people who just shouldn't be using them, I mean I hate it regardless but "Dog" and "Bro" its like old guys starting sentences with "Dude" its just embarrassing. Don't get me started on sandals.

#3274 2 years ago

That's just as bad, actually disturbing. How about "Its pretty good" Sorry, I can't stand these new forced words, especiallt when they are coming from people who just shouldn't be using them, I mean I hate it regardless but "Dog" and "Bro" its like old guys starting sentences with "Dude" its just embarrassing. Don't get me started on sandals.

You need a Valium

#3275 2 years ago

Whatever, mang.

#3276 2 years ago

And here I thought this thread was about pinball , boy were I wrong...

#3277 2 years ago

I can't wait to not see u add Ripley into the video.

I’m missing your other avatar, Hazoff! Delt did some cool movie integration to JP code, so I figured he will build on what is already happening in the og community with audio mods. The code is already excellent, but it was fun to see that on JP, which really needed it. It may not be worth the time to implement, if the code allows anyhow. The universe here is solid without Ripley, but most people ask where she went. Back to the snooze button on Alien remake. I bet it will be in production for a while.

#3278 2 years ago

I'll do my best to bend the rest of humanity to fit into the mold you've created for them. A lot of these jerks are just going around participating in completely different cultures with unique mannerisms and language though so it might take a while, mein furher.

#3279 2 years ago

Game looks great. Looking forward to unboxings!

#3280 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

No XV from PB.

4FC6754D-A4DA-4293-BA3A-1AFDFB9DD502 (resized).jpeg4FC6754D-A4DA-4293-BA3A-1AFDFB9DD502 (resized).jpeg
#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Delt did some cool movie integration to JP code

Oh yeah I saw that, I prefer the animations myself. I liked the first Jurassic park but that was long ago. It was on the other day, couldn't get past 20 min.

Quoted from attyrhodes:

You need a Valium

Why?

Quoted from Chalkey:

I'll do my best to bend the rest of humanity to fit into the mold you've created for them. A lot of these jerks are just going around participating in completely different cultures with unique mannerisms and language though so it might take a while, mein furher.

No idea what this means. Just try not to use "Dope" cause believe me I'm not the only one who thinks it sounds ridiculous, might be part of the few willing to say that its ridiculous. Word.

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

boy were I wrong...

Ur spell check certainly is. How long to u figure we can discuss the 60 secs of video from France before the topic goes off the rails again.

Quoted from gliebig:

Whatever, mang.

This is great. I think ur avatar is grateful dead? That = Sandal wearer. I'll be grateful when the whole band is dead.

Man I'm having a good time here, u guys are gonna cause me to crack a beer early. keep it coming.

#3282 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I’m missing your other avatar, Hazoff!

I have a few, try to switch it up. here ya go.

#3283 2 years ago

Fun to see 6 Aliens in a row.....

Agreed, anxious to see " under the hood" .
Code had to accommodate magnet, physical lock, diff screen configuration, pf inserts,, etc. so had to be addressed.. Not sure that constitutes " better" or not.

BB empty except screen and speakers like before, so have to believe everything lives below.

Can't make it out in any of the videos or pics...are there actual rollover microswitches on the outlanes? Didn't see them...guessing the proximity sensors are still being used(?)

Believe @ averell is the only one that has toyed w adding, changing some audio/ video elements w Brian's help. PB doesn't work on this game tmk...could be wrong.

Anyway, fun to speculate what could be coming...the good side of this effort so far...

#3284 2 years ago
flintstones alien (resized).jpgflintstones alien (resized).jpg
#3285 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I haven't seen it in person but the people I know that did said the armor, cabinet art and translite were all sub-standard and stuck out pretty badly.

I can attest to that...played it at the Pinbrew show and right away, the cabinet art looked like someone printed it on their home printer and forgot to use gloss paper....looked really cheap, the "armor" was just usual pinball rails etc...which most will powder coat anyway, and the "back glass" was REALLY bad! multiple holes drilled for the speakers and the whole plastic back glass flopped around in the back box...really sad. Game play was good, but the cabinet was just sad/cheap looking.....and yes I am a fan of this pin....had a deposit on the Highway pin back whenever that was since I try to forget.

Brian

#3286 2 years ago

Second the cabinet and back plastic being very disappointing.

#3287 2 years ago

That’s why PB or someone needs to correctly show the features on this game so people can know what their getting. Fuckin weird way of doing business IMO.

#3288 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Code had to accommodate magnet, physical lock, diff screen configuration, pf inserts,, etc. so had to be addressed.. Not sure that constitutes " better" or not.
BB empty except screen and speakers like before, so have to believe everything lives below.
Can't make it out in any of the videos or pics...are there actual rollover microswitches on the outlanes? Didn't see them...guessing the proximity sensors are still being used(?)
Believe @ averell is the only one that has toyed w adding, changing some audio/ video elements w Brian's help. PB doesn't work on this game tmk...could be wrong.
Anyway, fun to speculate what could be coming...the good side of this effort so far...

They are using induction/proximity switches that are more modular. On the video/audio, you are correct that Averell has done some great work on it, super talented guy, as well as @mik-readinguk. Some videos over on the og forum.

#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

They are using induction/proximity switches that are more modular. On the video/audio, you are correct that Averell has done some great work on it, super talented guy, as well as Mik-ReadingUK. Some videos over on the og forum.

Hmm on the switches....I've got some of Averell's files ( shared and others) in my machine so familiar. Was simply referencing this wasn't done w pinball browser...

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hmm on the switches....I've got some of Averell's files ( shared and others) in my machine so familiar. Was simply referencing this wasn't done w pinball browser...

Yeah, PB doesn't seem to work from what I have gathered. Cool you have extra files! Would like to do that after I finish other projects unrelated to pinball.

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No XV from PB.[quoted image]

So PB are saying that there is a LV already...

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Second the cabinet and back plastic being very disappointing.

One things for sure its better than "backglass and cab look great but the pf and mechs stink"

Cab art, I never really see it doesn't for me and backglass would be a fairly cheap fix. It should be all good from the factory but my worry is the reliability and condition of the PF/guts of the game.

#3293 2 years ago
Quoted from conester:

I can attest to that...played it at the Pinbrew show and right away, the cabinet art looked like someone printed it on their home printer and forgot to use gloss paper....looked really cheap, the "armor" was just usual pinball rails etc...which most will powder coat anyway, and the "back glass" was REALLY bad! multiple holes drilled for the speakers and the whole plastic back glass flopped around in the back box...really sad. Game play was good, but the cabinet was just sad/cheap looking.....and yes I am a fan of this pin....had a deposit on the Highway pin back whenever that was since I try to forget.
Brian

I can live with the cabinet art work as most of the time you look at it when you first get the game and then it goes into the lineup and you forget about it. The back glass concerns me. For the premium price I want a real back glass, not some flimsy POS plastic with art.

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hoping to see some pictures of underneath the pf.... The parts being used.

If still relevant when I get my machine, I will do a comprehensive breakdown off the game on my stream, including lifting the PF, opening the backbox etc. I've setup a handheld camera for this purpose so you'll be able to ask exactly what you want to see and you'll get the close-up.

I'm #32 with CT but at the current rate of producing games it will be Christmas before I get it and the new-game-smell has ascended.

#3295 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

If still relevant when I get my machine, I will do a comprehensive breakdown off the game on my stream, including lifting the PF, opening the backbox etc. I've setup a handheld camera for this purpose so you'll be able to ask exactly what you want to see and you'll get the close-up.
I'm #32 with CT but at the current rate of producing games it will be Christmas before I get it and the new-game-smell has ascended.

When did you place your order?

#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

When did you place your order?

On the day of the podcast/announcement, 12/18/20.

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I keep seeing/hearing rumors that there are additional callouts that weren't in the original? Can anyone confirm? Like I thought I saw someone mention something about Bill Paxton, was he in the original?

#3298 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I keep seeing/hearing rumors that there are additional callouts that weren't in the original? Can anyone confirm? Like I thought I saw someone mention something about Bill Paxton, was he in the original?

Bill's in original big time...

#3299 2 years ago

I really want this game!

But without the in-playfield screen Im really disappointed.

Maybe there will be an LE that has it, otherwise Im out.....

REALLY DISAPPOINTED....

#3300 2 years ago

Because you’d rather buy all the other games that have in-playfield screens?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/66?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.