20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 82.
#3201 3 years ago

Excited to know about the upcoming LV features. Guessing 3-6 months from now for a list of those features ? With delivery date around December ?

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Excited to know about the upcoming LV features. Guessing 3-6 months from now for a list of those features ? With delivery date around December ?

Yes last I read (I think it was from TWIP) they said the LV would be announced in the summer time. Assuming the production line is in full swing by then, I’d like to think we’d see them later in the year.

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Relax.
I'm pretty sure there were a bunch of people who sent Andrew the full amount of funds for a game and never got anything........ thus, they lost all their money. If my statement is "over the top hysterics" or "just here to hype up my OG game" then fine, let's just go with that dramatic interpretation.
I've got an original and I'm pretty happy with it. I hope a bunch new of games get made and make a ton of other people happy. Everybody happy and everybody wins.
QSS

"........ thus, they lost all their money" yup..... I was one so it did happen. Already been in contact with PB for the reduced price new version and they responded quickly. Looking forward to the new version.

#3204 3 years ago

Let me get this straight - hard to tell from the thread, but are you guys putting deposits down for alien 2.0?

hit head.gifhit head.gif
#3205 3 years ago

The deposits are with Cointaker and the first sample game from the new Italian factory is already stateside and was at the Ohio brewfest this past weekend. Seems like alot safer than say.... Deep Root.

#3206 3 years ago

Where’s all the reviews?

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Let me get this straight - hard to tell from the thread, but are you guys putting deposits down for alien 2.0?

So? I don't know why people keep trying to spin this into something negative. This is not Highway. My 1K is with the distributer and it's fully refundable. Do you really think there is a chance that Cointaker will jeopardize their name and business by taking all our money and leaveing town? My distributer still has my money, I know him, he has a great reputation in the pinball community. My money is safe.

#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

So? I don't know why people keep trying to spin this into something negative. This is not Highway. My 1K is with the distributer and it's fully refundable. Do you really think there is a chance that Cointaker will jeopardize their name and business by taking all our money and leaveing town? My distributer still has my money, I know him, he has a great reputation in the pinball community. My money is safe.

distributor.

#3209 3 years ago

Is it totally sick if I say the risk here (real or perceived) is making it even more exciting?

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Is it totally sick if I say the risk here (real or perceived) is making it even more exciting?

Ps- I’m batch #2 from Cointaker so maybe less concerned. I’m mentally prepared for 2022 delivery but will be happy if much much sooner

#3211 3 years ago

Starting to post..

Screenshot_20210415-132407_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210415-132407_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where’s all the reviews?

On the Ohio Brewfest thread there are a few reviews from people the played the first prototype that arrived in the states. Mostly very positive until a flipper mech broke.

#3213 3 years ago

Update from Melissa is that the first air shipment is leaving tomorrow for Cointaker - so my guesstimate of getting my machine next week is looking unlikely. Just as well since I'm away for most of the week.

Hopefully we'll get some actual gameplay videos from our French friends soon.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

On the Ohio Brewfest thread there are a few reviews from people the played the first prototype that arrived in the states. Mostly very positive until a flipper mech broke.

Interesting that the flipper mech broke as I thought they'd moved to using B/W mechs ... so wondering what actually broke as they're typically pretty reliable (especially given it's band new)

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Umm ok this is not highway - right... and not trying to put a negative spin on this, just can't believe people still put deposits down on games that don't yet exist. I agree cointaker is much safer with a deposit. Hope this all works out, the original was a great game.

#3218 3 years ago

There's a drain post on this game? Didnt know that...

#3219 3 years ago

HOLY CRAP! That is awesome!!! Never thought I'd have the opportunity to get this game!!

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I haven't seen it in person but the people I know that did said the armor, cabinet art and translite were all sub-standard and stuck out pretty badly.

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I haven't seen it in person but the people I know that did said the armor, cabinet art and translite were all sub-standard and stuck out pretty badly.

I like it. I think the armor/lock down bar and legs should be black powder but otherwise this thing oozes Alien.

#3224 3 years ago

Got this last night.

We are happy to announce that your request for a voucher has been accepted!

Here are the rules for the voucher:
- We attach your non-transferrable voucher for 75% of the amount that we accept as your loss.
- You can use the voucher on any pinball machine sold by Pinball Brothers when you buy from one of our distributors.
- The maximum discount on any one game is 25% of our MSRP*. Any left over amount on the voucher can be used on other machine purchases.
- You can buy one game of each type using the voucher, i.e. not two Alien SVs but only one Alien SV and then one other machine that we may offer; whether an Alien LV or one of the other Pinball Brothers machines that we plan bring to market (SV or LV).
- The voucher is valid until 31st December 2023. We might extend the voucher expiry date in the future.
- This is a voluntary offer by Pinball Brothers. A voucher claim cannot be enforced by legal action or otherwise.

#3225 3 years ago

Another short gameplay video (thanks Jean-Francois Baudet):

https://www.facebook.com/jeanfrancois.baudet/videos/10225404070395079/

#3226 3 years ago

I'm gonna wait but its nice to see a game in the wild.

#3227 3 years ago

I own the last batch OG Alien and I pref the big screen and the playfield screen/cabinet over this newbie any day looks to cheap That said I’m am glad that now everybody can enjoy this awesome game with the remake hope they stamp out games quick and that the xeno assy keeps working .

#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I own the last batch OG Alien and I pref the big screen and the playfield screen/cabinet over this newbie any day looks to cheap That said I’m am glad that now everybody can enjoy this awesome game with the remake hope they stamp out games quick and that the xeno assy keeps working .

I hear ya, I love the original look better. How reliable has yours been?

#3229 3 years ago

Looks like there are many more almost ready to ship!
https://fb.watch/4VzNxX_NV-/

#3230 3 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Looks like there are many more almost ready to ship!
https://fb.watch/4VzNxX_NV-/

That's what I like to see!

#3231 3 years ago

For about $150 you can pretty much fix that cab art on your own. I'm not overly concerned about it at all since it's going to be jammed in with all the other machines that I never see the cabinet on.

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

For about $150 you can pretty much fix that cab art on your own. I'm not overly concerned about it at all since it's going to be jammed in with all the other machines that I never see the cabinet on.

Are you planning on just slapping it over the old art? If you want to do it right and prep the cabinet, it is no easy task. I don't mind the art as is

What is the price on v2.0?

#3233 3 years ago

Agreed - replacing cabinet art is a huge undertaking if you are going to do it right. Fortunately the cabinet art on the SE doesn't bother me. and will be nestled in between other pins anyway. I might consider powder coating the chrome if that does bother me, but I doubt it will. I'm much more interested in what is under the glass.

WeirPinball the SE (Standard Edition, which is the only one available right now) is $7777 + $418 shipping. Features have not been announced for the limited version yet - I think pricing might have been announced ($9500 rings a bell).

#3234 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Agreed - replacing cabinet art is a huge undertaking if you are going to do it right. Fortunately the cabinet art on the SE doesn't bother me. and will be nestled in between other pins anyway. I might consider powder coating the chrome if that does bother me, but I doubt it will. I'm much more interested in what is under the glass.
WeirPinball the SE (Standard Edition, which is the only one available right now) is $7777 + $418 shipping. Features/pricing have not been announced for the limited version yet.

That's not bad actually - that's about what I paid for the original

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

WeirPinball the SE (Standard Edition, which is the only one available right now) is $7777 + $418 shipping. Features have not been announced for the limited version yet - I think pricing might have been announced ($9500 rings a bell).

It can be an undertaking yes...but these are decals, not paint. You replace them with decals and you could honestly slap new decals right over the top. Or you can take em off. Just pointing out the people acting like it is a horror show have an option if offends their senses so bad.

LV was said 9999 back when they announced. I almost imagine it will be higher now if they still do it.

#3236 3 years ago

Cab art - who cares. Looks fine

OG? yeah its a better overall experience but I don't like having to invest any real time in searching for parts and dealing with repairs. Would much rather have this version from hopefully an up and running company.

Otherwise looking very forward to grabbing one of these once its an established company and pin. After all the other failures I'm gonna have to wait. But in the mean time bring on the unboxing and gameplay videos with the delight that would be, "Man these things are rock solid, we have a winner on our hands" or a close facsimile. Good day kind sirs.

#3237 3 years ago

Things are looking really good, judging from these videos, gameplay is basically the same. I love my original, but could be swayed on the LV if they upgrade the cabinet, maybe add the screen back, figure out some EL side and back art, basically getting closer to the original, and add some code updates.

Quoted from LordHumungus:

OG? yeah its a better overall experience but I don't like having to invest any real time in searching for repairs and dealing with trying to get parts.

No probs on my late run at all, and PB will be supporting better I/O boards and parts. Not concerned about future support any more than for the remake.

#3238 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

No probs on my late run at all, and PB will be supporting better I/O boards and parts. Not concerned about future support any more than for the remake.

Good. Still wouldn't buy one.

#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Things are looking really good, judging from these videos, gameplay is basically the same. I love my original, but could be swayed on the LV if they upgrade the cabinet, maybe add the screen back, figure out some EL side and back art, basically getting closer to the original, and add some code updates.

Are they using the same motherboard and software? I wouldn't think so, but reminder if anyone needs it I have it hosted on my website:
http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html

#3240 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Are they using the same motherboard and software? I wouldn't think so, but reminder if anyone needs it I have it hosted on my website:
http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html

I think they are actually selling them, but for more than just buying one on Alibaba. Thanks for doing that!

#3241 3 years ago

This really is starting to get exciting.
Can't wait for the first games to land, need pictures and vids.

#3242 3 years ago

Got the voucher as well. Will order an le to get more discount. Very happy to get a revised version instead of the Heighway lemon.

#3243 3 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Yeah I agree...and disagree.
The built in screen in the playfield was very cool no doubt. As for the cabinet, I couldn’t stand the thin backbox. It just looked goofy. I absolutely love the Williams type cabinet.
The other thing about this game I absolutely couldn’t stand was removing the playfield glass from the original. It weighed a ton since the rails and playfield glass were all one piece. I thought it was a terrible design.
Overall, I rather have the newer one but the OG was still very fun...when it didn’t break down.... which was rare but it drove me nuts.
Gameplay on the OG or new sample is still immersive and amazing.

#3244 3 years ago

Either way, OG or remake, can’t we all agree that it is (probably in my case as I have never played it) a kick ass game. I’m just happy that I might have the chance to own one and play it. Finally!!

#3245 3 years ago

Any news about the code? There were some fan updates on the og code...

#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yeah I agree...and disagree.
The built in screen in the playfield was very cool no doubt. As for the cabinet, I couldn’t stand the thin backbox. It just looked goofy. I absolutely love the Williams type cabinet.
The other thing about this game I absolutely couldn’t stand was removing the playfield glass from the original. It weighed a ton since the rails and playfield glass were all one piece. I thought it was a terrible design.
Overall, I rather have the newer one but the OG was still very fun...when it didn’t break down.... which was rare but it drove me nuts.
Gameplay on the OG or new sample is still immersive and amazing.

I have to disagree .the playfield glass removal was bulky and heavy yes but the nice thing about it that if you have limited space you can get the glass out without having to have twice the amount of space like with a normal pinball to slide the glass out. Anyway I’m glad now everybody can Enjoy the remake and hope they will produce many hope to see the LV and XV version soon

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I have to disagree .the playfield glass removal was bulky and heavy yes but the nice thing about it that if you have limited space you can get the glass out without having to have twice the amount of space like with a normal pinball to slide the glass out. Anyway I’m glad now everybody can Enjoy the remake and hope they will produce many hope to see the LV and XV version soon

What’s an XV version??

#3248 3 years ago

On the box it’s stating there there going to be 3 versions

I’m trying to upload a picture but does not work :-/

https://imgshare.io/image/288dcce6-60ef-4b1f-aa0a-34d7f041163f.pZXaQ9

#3249 3 years ago

I'm hoping to see some pictures of underneath the pf.... The parts being used.

Many big incentives here with the new version, including better code, more features (an actual ball lock and extra magnet), much cheaper price but also better reliability bc the parts are not HW proprietary. I would love to see what they used.....

My game will be immediately powder coated too. Grey is not the way. Thinking black but I might go green. I like the art used especially the head which I never liked that thin HW head. Looking great.

#3250 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hoping to see some pictures of underneath the pf.... The parts being used.
Many big incentives here with the new version, including better code, more features (an actual ball lock and extra magnet), much cheaper price but also better reliability bc the parts are not HW proprietary. I would love to see what they used.....
My game will be immediately powder coated too. Grey is not the way. Thinking black but I might go green. I like the art used especially the head which I never liked that thin HW head. Looking great.

Now that I'm seeing better lit pictures of the cab I'm thinking black will look awesome. Kind of the way tz looks good with black powder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/65?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.