20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 82.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

This thread blows my mind. 30+ new entries. 0 news.

people don't talk about news, they talk about lack of news

#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

That's nothing, over 3000 posts and very very little pertaining to the pin, is that really our fault?

Could be why its the only one.

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

people don't talk about news, they talk about lack of news

They have 2.

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Deeproot thread says Hold my beer.

#3155 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Do you think its possible that PB and CT don't pay attention to this thread and are just going about their business? Is it possible that PB isn't interested in more videos and marketing until they have a solid functioning product? Is it possible that many on here are just bored and need more to chat and banter about? I keep coming back because I see the activity and am curious. Yet, more speculation, frustration, even anger. Occasional pics of rad cakes and awesome wall art... So there is that. I have a feeling I will have waited longer for my Rick and Morty when all is said and done (well over a year), but we shall see.

No. Lots of of choices out there and not everyone can buy every pin. PB started with the vids and pics, then stop? Seems a fledgling company would want to keep interest high? What ever happened to the 2 pins shipped a couple of months ago?

Also, you knew you would get R&M. (Brilliant game btw).

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Deeproot thread says Hold my beer.

DR will most likely own that record for many years lol.

#3157 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:Do you think its possible that PB and CT don't pay attention to this thread and are just going about their business?

Not a chance in hell. Doesn't mean they're obligated to reply however.

#3158 2 years ago

Mine is on the way as we speak. Unboxing pictures when it gets here. I believe I was #1 or #2. 4 games are boxed up and on their way.

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Mine is on the way as we speak. Unboxing pictures when it gets here. I believe I was #1 or #2. 4 games are boxed up and on their way.

Heck yes! So excited for you! Any way you could do a stream or gameplay video?

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I swear I've seen 4-5 people claim to be 1 or 2.... But anyway, great to hear.

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Mine is also paid for and part of first air freight shipment of 4. I’m guessing week after next for delivery.

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Mine is on the way as we speak.

Congratulations
When you get it post pictures here so all the crap slingers will shut up.

#3163 2 years ago

might wanna plug it on and turn it on first

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Sweet! Was this game here in the US in Cointakers possession and ready to send to you? Congrats, hope you can share a lot more than what has been showed so far.

#3165 2 years ago

Wish I was there to try....
alien (resized).jpgalien (resized).jpg

alien 2 (resized).jpgalien 2 (resized).jpg
#3166 2 years ago

I’m really not liking the cabinet art. I know that’s being picky, and to be honest if the OG Alien don’t exist it would be one of those things where I think I’d just go “oh”, but as it is - it just screams “built down to a price” to me, especially compared to the OG.

Glossy Radcals and a straight up better choice of artwork for the sides would’ve lifted it massively.

Still, it’s not like you look at the sides once it’s installed.

#3167 2 years ago

I think it looks awesome. good work.

#3168 2 years ago

Looks sharp. Not as cool as the OG but still nice.

#3169 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I’m really not liking the cabinet art. I know that’s being picky, and to be honest if the OG Alien don’t exist it would be one of those things where I think I’d just go “oh”, but as it is - it just screams “built down to a price” to me, especially compared to the OG.
Glossy Radcals and a straight up better choice of artwork for the sides would’ve lifted it massively.
Still, it’s not like you look at the sides once it’s installed.

Maybe the 2 upgraded versions will be the bomb.

#3170 2 years ago

I actually really like the art. Looks good. I def don’t like the silver but that’s an easy Robert stone paint job - and a color I want. Excited to get mine. Shouldn’t be too much longer.

#3171 2 years ago

I canceled my order and will revisit whenever the LE or other models come out. The delays killed my enthusiasm for a game I was lukewarm on. If I could of picked up a few months ago I would of enjoyed it and moved on but we have the next Stern around the corner and hopefully some games from other manufacturers. I hope you all enjoy the games that look to be arriving soon. I will definitely consider jumping in on an LE if the product stands up and the build quality is solid.

#3172 2 years ago

You pre-ordered a game you were lukewarm on?

IMO, tt's less innovative than the Heighway version, but cleaner and will fit into a lineup better. I too may be a buyer if it proves to be reliable.

#3173 2 years ago

I live in a pinball desert and if I want to play it’s either spend hours driving somewhere to wait in line and play a few games or buy and move on if it doesn’t impress me. I’m fortunate to have more money them time and you typically don’t lose too much on NIB. Someone has to support the secondary market.

#3174 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

how much did your distributor need for a deposit to pay his distributor a deposit to secure a spot and pass all the other people who already paid a deposit to secure their spot on the first shipment? sounds like a shady distributor deal and very typical with the way Andrew and his Brothers like to do business- shady as fuk! definitely assuming Cointaker wouldn't need help moving the first shipment of pins(that hasn't even arrived)

Not shady at all but go ahead and believe what you want. My distributer is a friend of mine and he still has my $1,000 deposit. He didn't send it to anybody.

Latest news is there is a container of games on a ship and mine should be on it. If it's not then life will go on. I should know more next week.

#3175 2 years ago

I really dislike the chrome. Of all the 'looks' issues that people complain about, that is what stands out the most to me and you actually see that. I will definitely be looking to get them coated.

It's good to see some movement, but this whole thing has been so...odd.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Not shady at all but go ahead and believe what you want. My distributer is a friend of mine and he still has my $1,000 deposit. He didn't send it to anybody.
Latest news is there is a container of games on a ship and mine should be on it. If it's not then life will go on. I should know more next week.

hope u get your pin soon. the way they're going about this remake release is shady..

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I was told I was #2 but I moved my reserve (1400) to an LE so I hope that’s why I wasn’t contacted about shipping games. How much was the final cost for the Se? Did Melissa email or ask for final pmt letting you know it’s shipping?

#3178 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I was told I was #2 but I moved my reserve (1400) to an LE so I hope that’s why I wasn’t contacted about shipping games. How much was the final cost for the Se? Did Melissa email or ask for final pmt letting you know it’s shipping?

Payment request came by email from Cointaker and was for $7777 + 418 shipping minus deposit. I called Melissa before paying just to get a gauge on how imminent the shipment was. She told me 4 are boxed and ready to ship to her (from Europe - not sure where) and will be received next week. Then they have to ship out to us. Her estimate was 10-12 days total and I spoke to her last Tuesday so I’m thinking week after next if all goes well.

I still take this all with a grain of salt after the delays over the past 3 months.

#3179 2 years ago

I think that is BS. Cointaker should have these in their possession before asking for payment. Now your gonna through it’s delayed in customs, or delayed because of weather, the ship got lost, whatever. Good luck.

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Payment request came by email from Cointaker and was for $7777 + 418 shipping minus deposit. I called Melissa before paying just to get a gauge on how imminent the shipment was. She told me 4 are boxed and ready to ship to her (from Europe - not sure where) and will be received next week. Then they have to ship out to us. Her estimate was 10-12 days total and I spoke to her last Tuesday so I’m thinking week after next if all goes well.
I still take this all with a grain of salt after the delays over the past 3 months.

Great to see they’re sticking to the original pricing breakdown. Would be nice to hear about delivery of your game and any le info. Hope I don’t regret making the move to an le and missing out before they close their doors!!!

#3181 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Hope I don’t regret making the move to an le and missing out before they close their doors!!!

WTF?

#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think that is BS. Cointaker should have these in their possession before asking for payment. Now your gonna through it’s delayed in customs, or delayed because of weather, the ship got lost, whatever. Good luck.

+1

If they getting delivered straight to you from Europe then who is fronting the customs duty & taxes, however much they’ll be? Are Cointaker just brokering the sale?

EDIT: Misread, they’re being shipped to CT. Phew!

#3183 2 years ago

This is SOOO much different than 'my game is on its way to me'. If they are 'ready to ship' they aren't going to be here 'next week'. I agree with the other person, they shouldn't be taking final payment until they are either in the US -- or at CT. (edit: see you said they are shipping them from CT)

#3184 2 years ago

Never said my game was on my way to me. That was someone else.

#3185 2 years ago

Never said my game was on my way to me. That was someone else.

I know, wasn't referring to you even though I quoted you.

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Congrats JT! Very excited for you. Hope mine follows suit. Can’t wait to see some photos.

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Please share video of :

1) working xeno head
2) working right magnet that supposedly makes lock ball shot easier
3) working lock ball
4) audio quality
5) brightness/darkness of playfield

Thanks !

#3188 2 years ago

Will the new Alien have Roman PDI Glass? I recall Andrew saying the original Alien was going to have it.

#3189 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Where are you getting 'losing all my money'? That isn't even possible, even if CT ran off with the deposit which is very unlikely, it's not 'all my money' It was a minor fraction of the total.
This is the over the top hysterics that is stupid. There is no stress. If you OG people are just here to hype up your OG games, then don't. This isn't DR policies we are dealing with. Is it possible the games never come? Sure, but we can get our money back at any time. I actually think given the current situation of the world that these games may in fact never make it, but that's just my normal pessimism. The only thing I wish is that these companies (most all of them) were way more forthcoming about things rather than spinning stories to keep people from know what's going on.

Relax.

I'm pretty sure there were a bunch of people who sent Andrew the full amount of funds for a game and never got anything........ thus, they lost all their money. If my statement is "over the top hysterics" or "just here to hype up my OG game" then fine, let's just go with that dramatic interpretation.

I've got an original and I'm pretty happy with it. I hope a bunch new of games get made and make a ton of other people happy. Everybody happy and everybody wins.

QSS

#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Will the new Alien have Roman PDI Glass? I recall Andrew saying the original Alien was going to have it.

That was an upgrade option, and Im pretty sure Roman stated he had no deal with Andrew. So it was either completely another lie to grab more cash or they were going to source it from a 3rd party. Im guessing more the first than the second.

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

That was an upgrade option, and Im pretty sure Roman stated he had no deal with Andrew. So it was either completely another lie to grab more cash or they were going to source it from a 3rd party. Im guessing more the first than the second.

My original LE has PDI roman glass. But I got mine shipped from Australia, so not sure if this was an added option to that lot.

#3192 2 years ago

I asked one of my fellow instagrammers what his thoughts were. We now know what the "issues" PB are working on. Do not expect working games folks.

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 10.59.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-13 at 10.59.46 AM (resized).png

#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Do not expect working games folks.
[quoted image]

Seems like an extreme assessment based on a game setup at a pinball show. Balls getting stuck does not qualify a fail.

#3194 2 years ago

Back to the drawing board....

#3195 2 years ago

In the pinbrew thread I asked what folks thought, and everyone said they enjoyed the way it played*. But there was some negative feedback on the quality of the cabinet decals and translite.

*A flipper mech broke mid show and the game did eventually get pulled.

#3196 2 years ago

I’m waiting for one as well. Glad that it’s getting tested and hopefully the bugs are getting resolved. It may be why it’s taking so long to arrive in quantity.

#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems like an extreme assessment

Agreed, all NIB game have issues to be fair, so never expect working games ever out-of-the-box.

#3198 2 years ago

Thats the game cointaker got as the first one off the line. Consider it a sample game for them to bang on and shake out the issues. No more/No less.

#3199 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Thats the game cointaker got as the first one off the line. Consider it a sample game for them to bang on and shake out the issues. No more/No less.

Heck Yeah. Aliens for ALL!! Such a great game and at this price point in todays market a Great opportunity if you enjoy pinball. Can't wait personally.

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Heck Yeah. Aliens for ALL!! Such a great game and at this price point in todays market a Great opportunity if you enjoy pinball. Can't wait personally.

Absolutely! I’m so psyched about this!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/64?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.