20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 82.
#3101 3 years ago

Did they update the boards so its not like a chain if one LED goes out?

#3102 3 years ago

Curious, do any other country distros have any info or a machine? Seems it's been 100% quiet about anything other than CT.

#3103 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Curious, do any other country distros have any info or a machine? Seems it's been 100% quiet about anything other than CT.

Cointaker is the only distro doing this in the USA, as with Lebowski. I think it is Nitro in Canada, not sure in Europe.

#3104 3 years ago
9E72C57E-06C3-4896-8B68-522F05C2EB6C (resized).jpeg9E72C57E-06C3-4896-8B68-522F05C2EB6C (resized).jpeg
#3105 3 years ago

I don't think anyone is getting this anytime soon, possibly this year. Now I know u can't say anything about Cointaker but get ready for more delays and all that. PB would have posted a line up of built machines by now and where's the gameplay vid of the test machine they sent. Melissa went away? so what. Does she run the whole shop. I think its cause its not working.

Keep in my mind I want to be very wrong, setting my expectations real low here as 2 limit disappointment.

#3106 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

I don't think anyone is getting this anytime soon, possibly this year. Now I know u can't say anything about Cointaker but get ready for more delays and all that. PB would have posted a line up of built machines by now and where's the gameplay vid of the test machine they sent. Melissa went away? so what. Does she run the whole shop. I think its cause its not working.
Keep in my mind I want to be very wrong, setting my expectations real low here as 2 limit disappointment.

That's where I'm at. Fortunately, I'm not in a position to take possession of the game for awhile, so while I am anxious to see news I don't have an issue waiting. I'm staying cautiously optimistic, but am not worried about waiting.

#3107 3 years ago

Announcement new pinball machine company manufacturing games starting tomorrow!
Most of pinside... I want mine yesterday or I'm just going to post crap about them!

Sure they will succeed... strange times to get anything accomplished now..

Patiently waiting and looking forward to playing this game

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Announcement new pinball machine company manufacturing games starting tomorrow!
Most of pinside... I want mine yesterday or I'm just going to post crap about them!
Sure they will succeed... strange times to get anything accomplished now..
Patiently waiting and looking forward to playing this game

Where does it say they are making them tomorrow?

#3109 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The UK distributor (Pinball Bazaar) have stated they're expecting a 'showroom' table shortly, followed by further stock and a Twitch stream imminently.

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pinball-brothers-teasing-alien-on-twitter.48051/page-8#post-398279

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from Gadbury:

The UK distributor (Pinball Bazaar) have stated they're expecting a 'showroom' table shortly, followed by further stock and a Twitch stream imminently.
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pinball-brothers-teasing-alien-on-twitter.48051/page-8#post-398279

Never been on that site. General concensus there seems to be they don't like the Alien pin anyway and are VERY Stern oriented. If there's one thing I am glad is it isn't Stern that had this license. I am not interested in dropping even 5k on most of their games.

I'm curious what Neil means by they are ripping people off. Haven't saw him mention it here. I know there were people who were involved originally that initially were not 'involved' but I thought most had since been involved or promised something.

#3111 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Where does it say they are making them tomorrow

#3112 3 years ago

I swear this title has some serious bad joo-joo associated with it...so much speculation and weird rumors. This is eerily reminiscent of the Heighway disaster. I truly think Cointaker is simply parroting what PB is telling them, truth or not. Do I think CT is at fault? No. Do I think they should STFU until whatever they're told is confirmed? Absolutely. This type of communication make them look bad. Really bad.
I've dealt with Melissa on the 1st Alien. Put down a sizable deposit, etc etc. When the walls came crumbling down (Heighway) I decided to wait it out as CT had a good reputation and wasn't going anywhere. At that point I wasn't nervous but insisted on timely updates from her. I got them, but like I said, she was simply Heighway's proxy and at a certain point CT began lacking credulity. It was and IS a bad position for a company to put themselves in. I believe we're seeing Heighway 2.0 here. I hope I'm wrong, but fool me once and all of that.......

#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:Announcement new pinball machine company manufacturing games starting tomorrow!

I think most of pinside isn't going anywhere near this right now, let alone posting in this thread. Its 2 years old and of the 3K posts its a very small group of Alien loving dickheads, of which I am one.

#3114 3 years ago

Of course a distributor is going to parrot whatever the manufacturer/designer is telling them, they are not part of the production stream and are only the go between from the manufacturer to the user. For the distributor not to pass on what is told to them by the designer would create more problems than them passing along nothing when they have been told something. The distributor should be the voice for the end customer because as a designer/manufacturer, I would not respond to every single email or phone call asking the same question constantly. Maybe PB has nothing new to say. Better than making things up. With the other distributors reaching out to their customers, something must be going on and it seems like PB are moving forward.

#3115 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

Of course a distributor is going to parrot whatever the manufacturer/designer is telling them, they are not part of the production stream and are only the go between from the manufacturer to the user. For the distributor not to pass on what is told to them by the designer would create more problems than them passing along nothing

....eerm, yea sure thing. Just remember that it is human nature to shoot the messenger. CT should wake up so they can smell the bullshit that's likely being thrown at them.

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Cointaker is the only distro doing this in the USA, as with Lebowski. I think it is Nitro in Canada, not sure in Europe.

There are two in the Dallas area.

#3117 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

There are two in the Dallas area.

I don't think you're talking about the same thing. As dts said, CT is the only distro in the US that will be handling the new Alien. If you mean machines, they are the old ones, not the new ones.

#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't think you're talking about the same thing. As dts said, CT is the only distro in the US that will be handling the new Alien. If you mean machines, they are the old ones, not the new ones.

I'm not really sure what you mean but there are two distributers in the Dallas area handling the new Aliens. I ordered from one.

#3119 3 years ago

I'm not really sure what you mean but there are two distributers in the Dallas area handling the new Aliens. I ordered from one.

Please tell me your distributor isn’t ASOA...

#3120 3 years ago

Interesting...that's the first I've heard of this, and the official PB site does not mention this.

#3121 3 years ago

That must mean they are purchasing the machines from another distributor and selling them. They are not an authorized distributor. You might be kissing your deposit good bye. Why didn't you go through Cointaker?

https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/

#3122 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

That must mean they are purchasing the machines from another distributor and selling them. They are not an authorized distributor. You might be kissing your deposit good bye. Why didn't you go through Cointaker?

Not worried in the least. The distributer is a friend of mine.

#3123 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Interesting...that's the first I've heard of this, and the official PB site does not mention this.

LOL, I'm sure their website is updated reguarly

#3124 3 years ago

Point being is it's just one more thing that makes no sense in this whole thing. More distros is good, but they sure aren't advertising it if they exist. At this point, I have a hard time believing anything anyone says.

Too many people with 'info' that is more thin air bs than actual facts.

#3125 3 years ago

While we wait for this machine, definitely looking forward to watching this double feature on the silver screen

EDD28CFC-969A-4DA6-8B5A-34CE477CD928 (resized).jpegEDD28CFC-969A-4DA6-8B5A-34CE477CD928 (resized).jpeg
#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:While we wait for this machine, definitely looking forward to watching this double feature on the silver screen

Silver screen?
I don't know, after getting a high end OLED and recently watching Aliens in all its glory and in the comfort of my own home its doubtful I will ever step foot in a theater again. It looked amazing.

#3127 3 years ago

Not worried in the least. The distributer is a friend of mine.

I’d bet his source is CT, as they are the exclusive distributor in the States, and always have been.

#3128 3 years ago

Silver screen?
I don't know, after getting a high end OLED and recently watching Aliens in all its glory and in the comfort of my own home its doubtful I will ever step foot in a theater again. It looked amazing.

Sadly going to a theatre post-COVID is going to involve risk even if you’ve been vaccinated. How badly do you need to see the latest film in a cinema? Some industries, I think, are going to have serious long term viability issues.

#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Sadly going to a theatre post-COVID is going to involve risk even if you’ve been vaccinated. How badly do you need to see the latest film in a cinema? Some industries, I think, are going to have serious long term viability issues.

For the price of a pinball machine, you can set up a high end home theater, 4k projector, large fixed gray screen, high end sound system. I have no real desire to go back to the movie theater, except as a reason to go out, so these direct release to home movies are fine by me.

#3130 3 years ago
167125189_10164736098300251_1645284172260256458_n (resized).jpg167125189_10164736098300251_1645284172260256458_n (resized).jpg
#3131 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

[quoted image]

LMAO nice one mate!

Reminds me of my son's birthday cake

20170611_115953 (resized).jpg20170611_115953 (resized).jpg
#3132 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I’d bet his source is CT, as they are the exclusive distributor in the States, and always have been.

Yes your right, they are the only distributer with the International shipping license. But my price is the same as everybody else.

I just checked with my distributer and my game is "supposed" to be in the first shipment and they are starting to pack containers now. Might get game by the end of the month with any luck. Could be PB bullshitting my distributer, I don't know. Just telling you all what I have been told. I'm not holding my breath.

#3133 3 years ago
CF8B1C77-1F45-4F14-9382-7D28BAB9B92F (resized).jpegCF8B1C77-1F45-4F14-9382-7D28BAB9B92F (resized).jpeg
#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

For the price of a pinball machine, you can set up a high end home theater, 4k projector, large fixed gray screen, high end sound system. I have no real desire to go back to the movie theater, except as a reason to go out, so these direct release to home movies are fine by me.

I built my own cinema room nearly 20 years ago with a Barco 808s projector, upscaler, 100” screen, 6.1 amp, B&W speakers and 2 Paradigm Servo 15 subs
All bought at bargain prices, Barco came from Brands Hatch race track for £700, think they were £15k new!
Going out to the cinema was never the same!
These days I’m happy with my OLED and same speakers in my living area. Once you are spoilt it is hard to go back.
The old Barco is still set up and working but the room is for storage at the moment as the kids grew up

Must watch Alien again

#3135 3 years ago

I just checked with my distributer and my game is "supposed" to be in the first shipment and they are starting to pack containers now.

They are?

Wouldn't PB show some pics of finished pins, then boxed and ready to go? All we have is what a 2min video of one pin sent to Coin taker. Come on man. U see this is the problem with these guys taking deposits, including Cointaker, lots of eager folk waiting for their Alien and distributors who want to make a sale, possibly with the thousands in the bank right now that they would rather keep, so what do u get? "on their way".

No one should have taken deposits yet and more so no one should have put them down, refundable or not. Its only gonna cause trouble. AS per usual, boy I hope I'm wrong.

#3136 3 years ago

They are?
Wouldn't PB show some pics of finished pins, then boxed and ready to go? All we have is what a 2min video of one pin sent to Coin taker. Come on man. U see this is the problem with these guys taking deposits, including Cointaker, lots of eager folk waiting for their Alien and distributors who want to make a sale, possibly with the thousands in the bank right now that they would rather keep, so what do u get? "on their way".
No one should have taken deposits yet and more so no one should have put them down, refundable or not. Its only gonna cause trouble. AS per usual, boy I hope I'm wrong.

If these buyers are putting down deposits, thats their problem. Some people, or communities, never learn. Why put down a deposit until you see proof this is actually going to happen.

Isnt there a saying about a sucker is born every minute, or a fool and his money is soon parted?

Good luck all, but I just dont understand how people do this over and over. Buy a game when you see them boxed up and ready to go. What a concept.

#3137 3 years ago

Yeah I agree with you! I rather spend 1k more for a machine in hand then get an email that your money is lost... like with heighway pinball at the time. I own a last run Alien LE and man I’m in love with this game. It works perfect and when I just seen that hideous new alien pin I’m so glad I have this!

#3138 3 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Yeah I agree with you! I rather spend 1k more for a machine in hand then get an email that your money is lost... like with heighway pinball at the time. I own a last run Alien LE and man I’m in love with this game. It works perfect and when I just seen that hideous new alien pin I’m so glad I have this!

Thing is, its hard to comment on the actual pin itself, because nobody has seen it! Yet people cant wait to out deposits down on something, that nobody has seen yet!! Insane..

#3139 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

These days I’m happy with my OLED and same speakers in my living area.

I went to see Blade Runner 2049 in the theater, first film I've seen in the theaters for almost 20 years and it the video was dark, theater was very cold and 2 loud. Its like trying to enjoy pinball in a Barcade where u can't hear it, people all over, music and smells I don't want hear nor sniff, after at home pinball bliss. Loud, lighting how I want and usually just me and the pin. I don't care how great the screen is ur not beating an OLED.

Quoted from Roostking:

Thing is, its hard to comment on the actual pin itself, because nobody has seen it!

The pin looks pretty good, what's starting to happen is that I just don't care anymore. It strange cause it really is a dream theme but I wasn't blown away by that gameplay vid and its definitely lost something in the transition, even more so than just the items cut from the OG. Seems different. Time will tell.

#3140 3 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I'm not sure the new Alien pin is hideous but I agree with you on everything else you say. I too have a last run Alien and it has been rock solid. I paid more for it but I wanted to see how the game turned out and I was not willing to be part of the "pre order hysteria" and risk loosing all my money. I would rather wait and see, pay a bit more and in the end there's wayyyyy less stress. The extra money that Alien cost me is money well spent in my world.

QSS

#3141 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I'm not sure the new Alien pin is hideous but I agree with you on everything else you say. I too have a last run Alien and it has been rock solid. I paid more for it but I wanted to see how the game turned out and I was not willing to be part of the "pre order hysteria" and risk loosing all my money. I would rather wait and see, pay a bit more and in the end there's wayyyyy less stress. The extra money that Alien cost me is money well spent in my world.
QSS

Where are you getting 'losing all my money'? That isn't even possible, even if CT ran off with the deposit which is very unlikely, it's not 'all my money' It was a minor fraction of the total.

This is the over the top hysterics that is stupid. There is no stress. If you OG people are just here to hype up your OG games, then don't. This isn't DR policies we are dealing with. Is it possible the games never come? Sure, but we can get our money back at any time. I actually think given the current situation of the world that these games may in fact never make it, but that's just my normal pessimism. The only thing I wish is that these companies (most all of them) were way more forthcoming about things rather than spinning stories to keep people from know what's going on.

#3142 3 years ago

Edit post, deleted.

I decided I didn't care anymore.

#3143 3 years ago

I think most of pinside isn't going anywhere near this right now, let alone posting in this thread. Its 2 years old and of the 3K posts its a very small group of Alien loving dickheads, of which I am one.

That’s why you’re the Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla.

Self deprecation is always a trait of the Alpha. Keeps us real. Now someone else calls me a Dickhead to my face...well...

I’m on the LV list with CT. Keeping my Alien expectations on a coma for foreseeable future.

#3144 3 years ago

Yes your right, they are the only distributer with the International shipping license. But my price is the same as everybody else.
I just checked with my distributer and my game is "supposed" to be in the first shipment and they are starting to pack containers now. Might get game by the end of the month with any luck. Could be PB bullshitting my distributer, I don't know. Just telling you all what I have been told. I'm not holding my breath.

how much did your distributor need for a deposit to pay his distributor a deposit to secure a spot and pass all the other people who already paid a deposit to secure their spot on the first shipment? sounds like a shady distributor deal and very typical with the way Andrew and his Brothers like to do business- shady as fuk! definitely assuming Cointaker wouldn't need help moving the first shipment of pins(that hasn't even arrived)

#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

how much did your distributor need for a deposit to pay his distributor a deposit to secure a spot and pass all the other people who already paid a deposit to secure their spot on the first shipment? sounds like a shady distributor deal and very typical with the way Andrew and his Brothers like to do business- shady as fuk! definitely assuming Cointaker wouldn't need help moving the first shipment of pins(that hasn't even arrived)

Arrived, didn’t arrive. Cutting the line. All bullshit unless PB builds em.

#3146 3 years ago

Do you think its possible that PB and CT don't pay attention to this thread and are just going about their business? Is it possible that PB isn't interested in more videos and marketing until they have a solid functioning product? Is it possible that many on here are just bored and need more to chat and banter about? I keep coming back because I see the activity and am curious. Yet, more speculation, frustration, even anger. Occasional pics of rad cakes and awesome wall art... So there is that. I have a feeling I will have waited longer for my Rick and Morty when all is said and done (well over a year), but we shall see.

#3147 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Do you think its possible that PB and CT don't pay attention to this thread and are just going about their business? Is it possible that PB isn't interested in more videos and marketing until they have a solid functioning product? Is it possible that many on here are just bored and need more to chat and banter about? I keep coming back because I see the activity and am curious. Yet, more speculation, frustration, even anger. Occasional pics of rad cakes and awesome wall art... So there is that. I have a feeling I will have waited longer for my Rick and Morty when all is said and done (well over a year), but we shall see.

Not just possible but very likely. This is what happens in a vacuum wait and see timeframe. Harmless banter and what I consider one of Pinsides strengths.

#3148 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Not just possible but very likely. This is what happens in a vacuum wait and see timeframe. Harmless banter and what I consider one of Pinsides strengths.

Exactly.

#3149 3 years ago
20210404_135323 (resized).jpg20210404_135323 (resized).jpg
#3150 3 years ago

This thread blows my mind. 30+ new entries. 0 news.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/63?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.