20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 82.
#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

But the Xeno head looks nonfunctional and broken?

He simply wasn't hungry...

#2902 3 years ago

Ok well if i ever own an Alien, it will the the OG. That cab art looks cheap as hell..

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok well if i ever own an Alien, it will the the OG. That cab art looks cheap as hell..

While I agree, the other looked pretty awesome, the tradeoff was..well not so great. In most peoples collections it won't be sitting anywhere you can see the side art anyway.

#2904 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I thought it looked good especially considering the price of the game and I prefer the standard Williams widebody cabinet over the Heighway cabinet/backbox. I am 100% in on a standard.

#2905 3 years ago

Playfield dimpling! Send it back. Any way you look at it, it's Alien for $8k. Yes, cheaper cabinet, and no side art. But...same basic layout and incredible music/sound and video package. I prefer my original, there is nothing like it, but am glad the remake is finally coming.

#2906 3 years ago

If they can crank these out in steady numbers and have a reliability comparable to other manufacturers, this could be a HUGE hit.

#2907 3 years ago

Wish they would show the hyper sleep ball lock working and the Alien grabbing the ball. They say prototype cabinet in the beginning so does this mean we should expect changes? The first machines are all prototypes then?

#2908 3 years ago

Cabinet art looks cheap af. Would’ve assumed it would be something more like Radcals, or glossy at the very least.

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Cabinet art looks cheap af. Would’ve assumed it would be something more like Radcals, or glossy at the very least.

Yeah pretty plain Jane there on the art, hopefully the LV will be better....did see the dimpling too...a little disappointing, previous video seemed to show really glassy playfields...

#2910 3 years ago

Looks great to me.

#2911 3 years ago

Anyone see the photo’s they mentioned of underneath the PF? The biggest thing for me about this game is reliability and apparently all of the parts were redone per the video. Would love to see what it looks like. I think the cab looks fine - just need to replace that grey armor and it’s all good. I’m hoping to also install the beacons too.

Video itself was terrible. No video of the alien eating the ball? The alien mouth was open as well yet they show alien MB ambush which happens after it eats the ball. I love the “professionals” take on this first look. Cointaker deserves better. Btw - of course CT delivered, as expected. Don’t doubt them people.

Even with the poor video, this is a lot of pinball for your money and is an absolute steal in this market. Pumped to get Alien, more reliable, better code, more features (magnet and physical lock) and at 8k? Yes please.

I’ll get the LE too - SE will be fine for now, sell it when LE comes. No brainer. Demand will not be met for this game - no chance.

#2912 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Video itself was terrible. No video of the alien eating the ball? The alien mouth was open as well yet they show alien MB ambush which happens after it eats the ball. I love the “professionals” take on this first look. Cointaker deserves better.

I agree.

#2913 3 years ago

I wonder how the licensing worked since it changed over to Disney since it was first licensed? I can't imagine that was cheap.

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wonder how the licensing worked since it changed over to Disney since it was first licensed? I can't imagine that was cheap.

Most likely there'd be extension clauses in the original contract, which PB would have simply leveraged and Disney would need to honour those terms

#2915 3 years ago

Video was good but way to short, was it not supposed to be about 30 min long when announced earlier or am I imagining things?

Why didn't they show the physical lock in action. Also wanted to see some alien eating balls, better view of the color-changing pop bumpers and some explanation around the turret inserts. The inside cab pics promised in the beginning only showed a pic or two from the backbox but almost nothing were shown there. It all felt very rushed.

#2916 3 years ago

I thought the playfield looked gorgeous. Loved the new shiny ramps. Just gorgeous.
Hard to tell which machine is better, the og or the new one, but reliability will be the most important factor in the end for me.
Love the Williams type cabinet. Left ramp looked smooth as butter in gameplay.
Great work Pinball Brothers!!!

#2917 3 years ago

I still don't understand the benefit of the right magnet? Is the shot tough on the OG? Does it play into the theme somehow?

#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I still don't understand the benefit of the right magnet? Is the shot tough on the OG? Does it play into the theme somehow?

It's to help hit the rear ramp and lock a ball, very much like TZ and the jackpot shot into the piano.

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes would love to see a demonstration of it

#2920 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It’s definitely one of the toughest shots on the game.

#2921 3 years ago

Glad to see the game getting a second chance....a rebirth if you will. Hopefully this one ships with a service manual!

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Video itself was terrible. No video of the alien eating the ball? The alien mouth was open as well yet they show alien MB ambush which happens after it eats the ball. I love the “professionals” take on this first look. Cointaker deserves better. Btw - of course CT delivered, as expected. Don’t doubt them people.

Podcaster celebrities not knowing the subject matter... call me shocked

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Playfield dimpling! Send it back. Any way you look at it, it's Alien for $8k. Yes, cheaper cabinet, and no side art. But...same basic layout and incredible music/sound and video package. I prefer my original, there is nothing like it, but am glad the remake is finally coming.

Ok yea thanks for the reminder. Gameplay over art for sure, I think i was just kinda shocked. Just goes to show you how bad ass the original pin is. The new pin will sell big time if PB gets it right.

#2924 3 years ago

I recently chatted with Joe Schober (original programmer) and he was not involved in adding additional code for the remake with Pinball Brothers. He is glad that now more people will be able to see and play the game.

It’s a fun game and I’m glad there will be more out there for everyone to enjoy

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok yea thanks for the reminder. Gameplay over art for sure, I think i was just kinda shocked. Just goes to show you how bad ass the original pin is. The new pin will sell big time if PB gets it right.

It will be interesting to see what the LV has over the standard. If it is just cosmetic, for example no playfield screen but beacons and side art, the standard may be the way to go.

#2926 3 years ago

Don't forget that this video has been compressed by Facebook. So I'm sure the game looks much better in person.

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Don't forget that this video has been compressed by Facebook. So I'm sure the game looks much better in person.

Crazy that’s the video debut video of the game.

#2928 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me how the Xenomorph works in this game. Have yet to see the ball grab and all videos show the mouth always open. Thanks

#2929 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Compare this to Guns n Roses. PB need some marketing lessons.

#2930 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

me too, kinda shocked, I have a super reliable last batch original LE. I have literally had to swap 2 LED bulbs in 2 years (a lot of others have reliable units also) and it has played fantastic, no reliability issues. The reason I am saying this is that I was still hoping this could be great and could be a potential purchase for me, but I am sorry, if you have ownership of or have played an original game, this looks like a really stripped down version.. maybe the LE will seriously up the ante... great that it's getting made all the same and hope it works out...

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Can anyone tell me how the Xenomorph works in this game. Have yet to see the ball grab and all videos show the mouth always open. Thanks

Sometimes it snarls.. opens and closes , when u do ambush the ball sits on the magnet the jaw opens the tongue comes out and grabs the ball

#2932 3 years ago

that video was not so super and barely awesome. glad to see it lives.. kinda. doesn't look like Zeno was working..playfield already dimpled, and people who've never seen it raving about reliability over the OG which owners say there are no reliability issues. hmmm

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It will get into the hands of streamers sooner or later and this nonsense will be done with.

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I recently chatted with Joe Schober (original programmer) and he was not involved in adding additional code for the remake with Pinball Brothers.

Correct - but the other half of the programming team, Brian, has been Considering they were changing the platform, and not the game rules, modes, etc.. it's the exact fit one would expect.

#2935 3 years ago

How the heck can u guys see dimpling on the playfield with this video ?? U have some sort of magic eyeballs ?

#2936 3 years ago

if that's a proto, it's very possible that isn't the 'pristine' playfield you are expecting. Also, I agree with ^^

#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How the heck can u guys see dimpling on the playfield with this video ?? U have some sort of magic eyeballs ?

haha I was wondering the same thing although the video quality was really bad so I didn't really focus on it.

btw - the video was shot narrow on top of it. Not super awesome but embarrassing guys.

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

1. Hit play on video.
2. Look at playfield.

#2939 3 years ago

First thing I noticed was the dimples in the playfield. With such a dark color/lacking graphics they will be easy to see. Start the video over and concentrate on the dark parts of the Playfield

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

1. Hit play on video.
2. Look at playfield.

Just took a look at my original and there are minimal dimples. The ones that are there are very shallow and hard to see, like on my TZ. I bet this was a recent playfield and played a ton before shipping. Hope the other playfields have more cure time, if that’s the issue.

#2941 3 years ago

I mean its a prototype isnt it going to have dimpling?

#2942 3 years ago

alien fanboys: "looks good(enough) to me! now take my money!"

#2943 3 years ago

I thought Alien was supposed to be super awesome indestructible playfield.

#2944 3 years ago

Believe the demonstration was related to adhesion and pooling performance.

#2945 3 years ago

I think people are looking for things to be mad about. I watched that video multiple times and not once was I like..omg look at the dimples. I was more amazed at how shitty the video quality was in 2021, and how they clearly had no idea how to shoot a release video.

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Believe the demonstration was related to adhesion and pooling performance.

That’s ok then. I don’t care about dimples every game has them, it’s the pooling and chipping that I worry about.

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think people are looking for things to be mad about. I watched that video multiple times and not once was I like..omg look at the dimples. I was more amazed at how shitty the video quality was in 2021, and how they clearly had no idea how to shoot a release video.

Their flyer looked like it was designed by a 10-year old after a case of Monster.

They social media guy thinks flippers are called "paddles."

I don't think anybody is surprised that there's some bumps in the road. Pinball isn't easy.

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Agree.

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I was impressed with the flipper power. Dimples most likely from an old playfield / prototype situation.

It's up to cointaker to inform the people who ordered the game.

Facebook blurbs and videos; where the main game feature toy isn't working aren't cutting it.

Seems their policy is to inform whomever calls up .

If only there was a feature in email where you could create a list and email in mass to everyone that ordered, as things progress with the product they ordered.

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It does look like it was done by “PromosRUs”. I sure hope they didn’t get paid much for this. I could have done better filming my kid playing on my cell phone. That said, the salient points are there and it actually exists and shoots, so all good despite the “bro” video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/59?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.