20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 82.
#2801 3 years ago

What happened to the two (?) units that were on their way to Cointaker? Was that just Chinese whispers?

#2802 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What happened to the two (?) units that were on their way to Cointaker? Was that just Chinese whispers?

Covid. Weather. Take yer pick.

#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I have bought 2 NIB Houdini and JPprem. Only had to wait a couple months on the JP. I was hoping to get the Alien this month but I understand delays are part of this hobby so not a big deal. I am waiting for TBL (9mos since deposit) and also a RAZA. I like what these companies are offering and love JJP machines unfortunately am not a fan of GNR otherwise I would have skipped the RAZA. Waiting and risk for me is tolerable, for now. But if American comes up with a great title I might have to start selling something lol.

deerhunter (resized).jpgdeerhunter (resized).jpg
#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

you realize the rest of the entire world - including Italy - calls pinball "Flipper."

No we don't

#2805 3 years ago

They need to hire someone to do marketing.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody else disturbed by the use of an official PB employee using the word "paddles" to describe flippers? That's straight up "mom doesn't know anything about pinball but found one in her new basement" craigslist ad posting lingo!

No, they do not. Realize that PB are not interested in taking on a top heavy US marketeer to cater your needs. In German, a pinball bat is sometimes referred to as a "flipper paddel".

#2806 3 years ago

OK. The rest of the non-English speaking world calls pinball "flipper."

Hey whatever. Enjoy your paddle game.

#2807 3 years ago

Since no one else will make a 45 second phone call I did.

Melissa said their Alien pins were held up for whatever reason.

She said they will stream video next week.

I was told they are receiving 4 or 5 more pins air freight next week and those will go out to customers. Then the week after a few more via air freight to go out to customers. Then from there it will be containers.

I didn't call to waste her time and discuss third world problems. I felt bad enough bothering her with such trivialities. She is such a sweetheart.

You're welcome.

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I was told they are receiving 4 or 5 more pins air freight next week and those will go out to customers. Then the week after a few more via air freight to go out to customers. Then from there it will be containers.
I didn't call to waste her time and discuss third world problems. I felt bad enough bothering her with such trivialities. She is such a sweetheart.
You're welcome.

I agree with you. They don't need to be bothered, PB should be the ones stating this stuff.

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I agree with you. They don't need to be bothered, PB should be the ones stating this stuff.

LOL - I didn't know their number

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

very odd statement from that admin. Waiting on parts due to COVID? These company reps sometimes need to step back and realize what's going on and just address those concerns directly and nothing else.
Shipping update - what happened to the two being sent and expectation for the 1st batch to be received.
Done.
Everything else is just speculation. People who think a youtube video proves the music has changed or effects won't be in there lack common sense to begin with so why even address.

It’s good to question. FB admin provided answers, so no voice speculation. Waiting on first CT pin release video, then hopefully forward momentum. ( I’m in on an LV model).

#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do not want a Prometheus/Covenant pin!!!

I do. Prometheus was a great film and Covenant wasn't very good but still a good pin theme. Better than most of the ones we get. Anything is better than Band and Superhero crap.

#2812 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'd like to believe this and I hope I'm very wrong but not gonna happen. Why wouldn't PB have posted we have begun shipping? Who got a call that their Alien should be here this month? I'm sure Melissa is a fine person but like Nitro up here in the GWNorth they jump on anything they can to sell, and why not. Just saying the biggest seller of games in Canada will not get anywhere near this yet and they never did with og Alien either. When then say they are getting PB Alien I'm in. For now I'll wait in the wings.

#2813 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

I'd like to believe this and I hope I'm very wrong but not gonna happen. Why wouldn't PB have posted we have begun shipping? Who got a call that their Alien should be here this month? I'm sure Melissa is a fine person but like Nitro up here in the GWNorth they jump on anything they can to sell, and why not. Just saying the biggest seller of games in Canada will not get anywhere near this yet and they never did with og Alien either. When then say they are getting PB Alien I'm in. For now I'll wait in the wings.

Goodbye then ...

#2814 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

You're welcome.

This is what I was told as well. I sure as heck hope its true. This would mean several people should have one by the end of March!!

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Goodbye then ...

This thread is the wings, Jackass.

#2816 3 years ago

Why yes it will... if it were being remade to the specifications of the original version which it is not.

Quoted from pookycade:

So let me amend that statement. The habit of putting dollars and pre-orders down for a game that does not exist ready to ship out the door today does pinball a disservice. And yes at zero risk to me, I can get my dollars back from CT at anytime. My complaint if there is one is that in order to determine interest companies are seemingly encouraged/forced to resort to way overly optimistic projections for when product will be delivered. That is the true similarity to Kickstarter. If companies were truly honest that you won’t see a product for several years out rather than 3 months from deposit, the interest would be far far less. It just a terrible practice and ultimately I don’t think it serves anyone’s interests well here. Company is eventually forced to backtrack and issue apology after apology. Rable-rousers have a field day. Reputation is tarnished. Clearly as Levi states the company is getting more positive than negative out of it, so it will continue. I am just saying that past this one experience I won’t continue to support this approach . Others most certainly will, and I have no qualm with that, other than a general feeling it’s not healthy for the industry as a whole. Stern has many many issues themselves, but delay in early shipping pins after product announcement is not really one of them.

Stern is probably the only one who gets games out the door quickly and then you read that they're incomplete, mainly with code and people complain they are barely playable sometimes. GNR is backordered too and they even raised the price, you won't be getting your game any time soon from JJP either. The distributor is holding the deposit money for Alien, not the designer so its in escrow; no game you get your money back without having to deal the the designer. Interesting post, enjoy your Stern machines because that's the only manufacture who is going to ship you a game the month after you order it. Really surprised by the negativity for having to wait for something unique. Stern certainly will not have all good titles. Go ahead and limit your options...your money and your choice. What isn't healthy for the industry is shoddy games and promising something you will NEVER deliver.

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

then you read that they're incomplete, mainly with code and people complain they are barely playable sometimes.

That's kinda ancient history now sir. I can't remember the last Stern that was "barely playable" due to code. JJP has always been slow out of the gate. Its a good thing that this time around the deposits are with the distributors and no game means no loss of money but whats interesting to me is someone would even want 1 of possibly only a handful of games like the OG Alien then it dies. Hey I'm glad they are out there cause its the only way this thing is gonna happen.

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

That's kinda ancient history now sir. I can't remember the last Stern that was "barely playable" due to code. JJP has always been slow out of the gate. Its a good thing that this time around the deposits are with the distributors and no game means no loss of money but whats interesting to me is someone would even want 1 of possibly only a handful of games like the OG Alien then it dies. Hey I'm glad they are out there cause its the only way this thing is gonna happen.

I'm just saying pinball is an imperfect industry and there is a reason for it. Nobody, and I mean nobody is going to build a warehouse full of games ready to ship and then the game is not popular and they are stuck with tens of thousands of dollars in inventory. They get built to fill orders and that takes time and yes, some of these designers/manufactures run into production problems with quirks or parts suppliers that delay delivery even further. Delays don't phase me, BS does and by now people should be able to know when something is really wrong and keep their wallets closed.

#2819 3 years ago

I’m first on the Cointaker list and have heard nothing. When I’m asked to send payment, I’ll let this thread know immediately.

Not getting my hopes up yet, cause I did last time I heard there was a shipment coming by air “next week”. Fool me once...

And I’m not blaming Melissa for this - she is just relaying what she is told. PB needs to work on their communication skills both to customers and distributors.

#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Covid. Weather. Take yer pick.

This is everyone's excuse for everything now. I'm not saying there aren't legitimate impacts from both but FedEx recently temporarily lost a package I had paid a LOT to have delivered overnight, Saturday delivery. When I called them after it didn't show up the first excuse was weather, when I pointed out the weather in the parts of the country it was shipped from all the way through to where it was going was perfect those days they blamed it on COVID. It was lost (no tracking updates) for three more days and then miraculously got delivered with still no tracking updates. They still refused to refund the cost as they changed that policy back in March and blame it on COVID. They lost it, they know it and I know it but they can get away with it so they do. It will be like the fuel surcharges everyone slapped on when gas was $4+ a gallon that they never removed even when it dropped to $2 a gallon.

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I’m first on the Cointaker list and have heard nothing. When I’m asked to send payment, I’ll let this thread know immediately.
Not getting my hopes up yet, cause I did last time I heard there was a shipment coming by air “next week”. Fool me once...
And I’m not blaming Melissa for this - she is just relaying what she is told. PB needs to work on their communication skills both to customers and distributors.

Hopefully Cointaker or PB show a working game soon. Once we see that and Melissa has games and asks you for the balance of payment are you in? Just so weird how they say they are air shipping some before showing us the product.

#2822 3 years ago

I’m in as soon as I can get one.

#2823 3 years ago

It's not ready...think about it. They've not shown any actual full on gameplay of it other than small close up snippits....and then when they do a longer video, it is with the glass off, dubbing sound and music over the top (with people pointing out issues with the xeno). No...this isn't ready.

#2824 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not ready...think about it. They've not shown any actual full on gameplay of it other than small close up snippits....and then when they do a longer video, it is with the glass off, dubbing sound and music over the top (with people pointing out issues with the xeno). No...this isn't ready.

Yet, most other manufacturers (not just pinball) ship a product not ready. Its shipped and updated. The last time Computing, Engineering and Technology felt confident was middleware based. Software instead of hardware with decent middleware (Atari 80s, N64, Vectrex game console) will only lead to human error with the next update covering the details. Whens the last time, across any platform, a product came finished and absent of attack (change)?

#2825 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes this much is pretty obvious which is why I said my expectations shifted to 2022. Once you have a fully working product ready to send out the door it is generally another good 6 mos before you actually ramp up production.

#2826 3 years ago

What I find perplexing is that if it’s not done yet - as seems self evident from the videos - then what is on a boat/plane/submarine to Cointaker? Surely they would be unfinished units?

I got the vibe they were demo units, possibly even customer ones, but that didn’t square with the “work in progress” footage we’re seeing on FB?

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What I find perplexing is that if it’s not done yet - as seems self evident from the videos - then what is on a boat/plane/submarine to Cointaker? Surely they would be unfinished units?
I got the vibe they were demo units, possibly even customer ones, but that didn’t square with the “work in progress” footage we’re seeing on FB?

Mechanically complete, but software could be the the challenge. My hopes where that they where still producing physical pins whilst working on software issues before shipping. Porting from the original game to their new hardware platform would probably a bit if a hurdle, and more so if if the programmer hasnt done a pin before.

#2828 3 years ago

I would imagine Brian would have been contacted by PB to make the software changes for the mech and other things they changed.

Quoted from earetz:

Mechanically complete, but software could be the the challenge. My hopes where that they where still producing physical pins whilst working on software issues before shipping. Porting from the original game to their new hardware platform would probably a bit if a hurdle, and more so if if the programmer hasnt done a pin before.

#2829 3 years ago

I was excited to see a video was released.

I was happy to see it flowing pretty well.

I was disappointed in nearly everything else. No sounds or music from the game? No screen to show imagery? Some mechanics not working properly?

I came away with more questions and concerns than positivity. That's concerning.

#2830 3 years ago

Demo units or not, I am not sure if the first couple of machines will be worth getting. If there are problems, will the first customers be taken care of to be fixed? There is no track record that PB will take care of us other than the past shenanigans and that does not bode well.

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Demo units or not, I am not sure if the first couple of machines will be worth getting. If there are problems, will the first customers be taken care of to be fixed? There is no track record that PB will take care of us other than the past shenanigans and that does not bode well.

But the games here in the US are coming from Cointaker, a distributor, so you would not be dealing with warranty issues through PB.

#2832 3 years ago

Ok so issues would be handled by Cointaker then. Still need parts or whatever from PB.

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

The game is being done by the same guy who built the original platform software... and has done multiple games. They are changing small amounts... this isn’t really a big concern.

Their biggest challenges are the opposite... getting things built with parts... not concerns about software

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok so issues would be handled by Cointaker then. Still need parts or whatever from PB.

Which is what the distributor will help with as well, if needed.

Hopefully the first 10 games have minor issues. After all, it has been in redesign mode for at least 2 years.

#2835 3 years ago

Anyone hear from any other distros (in other countries?)

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Hopefully Cointaker or PB show a working game soon. Once we see that and Melissa has games and asks you for the balance of payment are you in? Just so weird how they say they are air shipping some before showing us the product.

Yes, I'm in. I expect bumps and issues but an issue free NIB machine does not exist. I spent at least 8 hours getting my Rick & Morty to a playable state where the shots were smooth and the glass didn't vibrate without disabling the bass. I have an AIQ premium that I just replaced the subway on and am now having issues with binding of the teeth in that mech, so more work still needed. Look at all the complaints about clear coat issues from just about every manufacturer. That is one area I feel pretty confident in for this machine - Buthamburg makes amazing playfields.

If I were dealing directly with PB I would be more concerned, but have complete confidence in Cointaker looking out for us. I'm also very comfortable tinkering with machines. I got into the hobby 20 years ago by restoring 90's Bally/Williams machines. Once you've stripped an STTNG playfield top and bottom, run the wiring harness through a dishwasher and all metal through a tumbler, and reassembled it all successfully, little things don't bother you anymore.

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If there are problems, will the first customers be taken care of to be fixed?

If PB is planning on being a viable company they will need to take care of the first customers. Hopefully they've found and fixed all the major issues, if any, before putting them in customer's hands. Cointaker ran into this problem the first time around as the distributor. Much harder to take care of issues away from the factory.

#2838 3 years ago

I’m first on the Cointaker list and have heard nothing.

Really? You haven’t mentioned it......

#2839 3 years ago
Quoted from dmess:

Really? You haven’t mentioned it......

I’m never first at anything - this is a big moment for me! I knew I’d mentioned it before but thought it pertinent to the “Aliens on a plane” discussion. I also post so rarely that I assume nobody remembers anything I say

#2840 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:I’m never first at anything - this is a big moment for me! I knew I’d mentioned it before but thought it pertinent to the “Aliens on a plane” discussion. I also post so rarely that I assume nobody remembers anything I say

I remembered that you were first and I thought it was absolutely pertinent to the current topic. Enjoy yourself TBD and rock out with that tiny black rocket out!

#2841 3 years ago

Have I mentioned that I'm #7. I haven't heard anything new either.

#2842 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Have I mentioned that I'm #7. I haven't heard anything new either.

How do you find out where you are on the list?

#2843 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

How do you find out where you are on the list?

Email Melissa - she'll let you know.

#2844 3 years ago

Email Melissa - she'll let you know.

LV under 10. lol

#2845 3 years ago

There was 1 left when I ordered from the 'first batch'..so I assume I am #34.

I have a place holder on an LV...just in case.

#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There was 1 left when I ordered from the 'first batch'..so I assume I am #34.
I have a place holder on an LV...just in case.

Remember the date?

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The game is being done by the same guy who built the original platform software... and has done multiple games. They are changing small amounts... this isn’t really a big concern.
Their biggest challenges are the opposite... getting things built with parts... not concerns about software

Well, even better, thanks for the clarification. I think they will deliver a good product and happy to be first up. Maybe we should just be patient. Hanging for this pin

#2848 3 years ago

Is this the week we get to see a real game?

#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK. The rest of the non-English speaking world calls pinball "flipper."
Hey whatever. Enjoy your paddle game.

That's mighty white of the non English speaking world to use an English word. Even if it's the wrong one, it shows they are trying.

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's mighty white of the non English speaking world to use an English word. Even if it's the wrong one, it shows they are trying.

Hey, not for nothing, but we DID invent pinball and share it with the rest of the world. The least they could do is learn the correct nomenclature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/57?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.