20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 82.
#2751 3 years ago

I'm not a comic book guy but I saw on you tube that Marvel is releasing Alien comic book series. Perhaps Stern will pick this up in a year or so and I will finally get an Alien pin. No problem with comic art and original story Alien pin. As long as I get it. I mean unless this happens.

#2753 3 years ago

Looks like the Xeno jaw is stuck open during the hypersleep multiball.

That head I tell you. Pretty finicky.

#2754 3 years ago

Is it just me or are the sound effects missing? No slingshot sounds, target sounds, etc. A few voice callouts here or there, but otherwise just music. Is the OG that way? Or is this something maybe they just haven't fixed the coding on?

#2755 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is it just me or are the sound effects missing? No slingshot sounds, target sounds, etc. A few voice callouts here or there, but otherwise just music. Is the OG that way? Or is this something maybe they just haven't fixed the coding on?

The background music they played was not from the game.

#2756 3 years ago

Looks like when you hit the left or the right spinner , that sides turret gun lights up.

#2757 3 years ago

The shiny ramps look great.

Not sure why they didn't just record with audio bc what they put over it is not exactly in game.

What is up with the Alien head being stuck open during mb? They publish this video and didn't notice? Weak

Otherwise pf, mechs look solid.

I'm hoping the LE has the screen though. It would be perfect bringing all the new one has, especially enhanced/more reliable parts and the screen in one package.

Look forward to these actually shipping

#2758 3 years ago

Honestly if they are going to redesign the boards, the playfield, the backbox, they should have just as well redesigned the xeno head. Oh well, we are only 3-4 months away from a working prototype! only!

BTW what happened to those two supposedly mid flight?

#2759 3 years ago

yeah..with each new 'tease', it brings to light that this thing isn't nearly ready, and wasn't nearly ready in December. If they aren't using the actual sound from the game --- and they haven't in any of the videos I've seen , why not? Am I imagining hearing the mechs and the ball rolling??

I don't think there are any on their way to CT, which would be fine...except, why lie about it?

#2760 3 years ago

This new video game looks pretty cool.

#2761 3 years ago

I hope that they retained the original audio from the Heighway version. To me that was one of the best parts of the game. It added such a suspenseful atmosphere. So many games today feel that they have to add a music soundtrack to everything. I think that in many instances this can detract from the experience.

#2762 3 years ago

the sentry inserts are awesome. it literally looks like it's firing when it flashes red.

#2763 3 years ago

Did the small LCD screen ever show any useful information during any of those clips, if it did I missed it?

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yeah..with each new 'tease', it brings to light that this thing isn't nearly ready, and wasn't nearly ready in December. If they aren't using the actual sound from the game --- and they haven't in any of the videos I've seen , why not? Am I imagining hearing the mechs and the ball rolling??
I don't think there are any on their way to CT, which would be fine...except, why lie about it?

Umm yeah I’m with you on this. I have now based on this re-estimated 2022 at the earliest for delivery. They are seemingly a long way off here. I do not understand in the pinball industry that overpromise underdeliver is an accepted way to do business. At least with these reveals there is some truth telling here at last.

#2765 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I do not understand in the pinball industry that overpromise underdeliver is an accepted way to do business. .

You don't? That's because you left out a step:

1. overpromise
2. solicit and accept tons of advance money from people who should know better
3. Underdeliver

It works every single time, and these start ups all need capital to get their Italian factories running. If it didn't work, they'd stop doing it, but for thirsty pinheads the formula is always attractive. There's just something about being an "owner" - even if they really own nothing besides a piece of paper - that is just irresistable.

#2766 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

the sentry inserts are awesome. it literally looks like it's firing when it flashes red.

Yeah, they seem to serve their purpose pretty well.

Overall, it's looking good. Just would appreciate being a little more up front about it not being at all ready.

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

The background music they played was not from the game.

Yes it is... Hypersleep Multiball.

#2768 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sound designer David Thiel commented on that in the YouTube video. He mentioned there are a lot of sound effects you can't hear in the video - you have to play the game.

Was David contacted by Pinball Brothers to be involved again, or have I got that wrong?

#2769 3 years ago
Quoted from Gadbury:

Sound designer David Thiel commented on that in the YouTube video. He mentioned there are a lot of sound effects you can't hear in the video - you have to play the game.
Was David contacted by Pinball Brothers to be involved again, or have I got that wrong?

Do you mean due to copyright they can't show them on youtube?

-1 for licensing lawyers if true.

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This new video game looks pretty cool.

That looks awesome!

#2771 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It was not direct sound from the actual game play is what I meant. It was music over the actual game playing...

#2772 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you mean due to copyright they can't show them on youtube?
-1 for licensing lawyers if true.

Could be although I'm not sure exactly what David's comment meant.

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

That looks awesome!

Hopefully its multiplayer like gears of war, then we can get a online group together.

#2774 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:Just would appreciate being a little more up front about it not being at all ready.

I know, probably wanted to lock in the sales so we didn’t order a different pin. However with the significant delays we could have got a different pin and still got Alien when it’s ready.

#2775 3 years ago

So far I am only out a $1, which I am totally comfortable tossing towards this dream.

#2776 3 years ago

Those worried about the music.... It's the same. They said the glass was off so it was loud and dubbed over. The code is already done. Music is the last of my concerns. Really the only thing that's worrisome is that alien jaw was stuck open and it appears to be completely ignored in the presser video. That's embarrassing

#2777 3 years ago

My concern is the bull about two aliens being shipped and in flight and being delayed because of weather. What kind of crap is that?

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sorry if I confused matters... there are actually a few different music tracks from the game played on that video, but the last minute or so was Hypersleep. (Someone else asked me about that part of the music and I think my brain was stuck there. )

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My concern is the bull about two aliens being shipped and in flight and being delayed because of weather. What kind of crap is that?

this is straight out of Jpop playbook.

#2780 3 years ago

If there are two units in transit, surely its feature complete and bug free? Otherwise are they expecting Cointaker to do some on site with themselves to fix it?

#2781 3 years ago

Let me clarify: yes everything heard in the video are sound assets from the game.
However, they are not sync'd with the video. They were added after.
I contacted PB and suggested that they take the line out from the game computer in the future for a more faithful experience.
Yes, I was contacted by PB, I have finally been paid for the original HP contract (bless PB) and I am open for future collaborations.
The work I did for Alien is owned in perpetuity by whoever owns the IP for Alien Pinball, which in this case is Pinball Brothers.

And for the record I am very excited that eventually there will be more Alien Pinball machines in the wild. This was a fun project, I am still friends with the members of Team Alien and I look forward to collaborating with one or more of them again in the future.

#2782 3 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Let me clarify: yes everything heard in the video are sound assets from the game.
I contacted PB and suggested that they take the line out from the game computer in the future for a more faithful experience.
Yes, I was contacted by PB, I have finally been paid for the original HP contract (bless PB) and I am open for future collaborations.
The work I did for Alien is owned in perpetuity by whoever owns the IP for Alien Pinball, which in this case is Pinball Brothers.
And for the record I am very excited that eventually there will be more Alien Pinball machines in the wild. This was a fun project, I am still friends with the members of Team Alien and I look forward to collaborating with one or more of them again in the future.

As someone that never sugar coats what’s going on in this industry and tells it straight - David, you are the most talented sound designer in pinball. Your work is incredible. Thank you for all of your contributions to this industry.

#2783 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

1. overpromise
3. Underdeliver
It works every single time, and these start ups all need capital to get their Italian factories running. If it didn't work, they'd stop doing it, but for thirsty pinheads the formula is always attractive. There's just something about being an "owner" - even if they really own nothing besides a piece of paper - that is just irresistable.

FAR Part 15

#2784 3 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Loved the audio in this game so much! When I played the HP Alien I will never forget the atmosphere created from the sound!

#2785 3 years ago

Good info below from the PB Facebook page.... In summary, STFU, be patient, and stop trolling.

Pinball Brothers
Hi guys, i’m Tim, the pinballbrothers facebook admin. I’d like to clear a few things up.
OK so we have lots of people with alien pinball experience here anxious to get their hands on the new product. I get that.
There’s also people who have never seen this beast before. Keep in mind the videos are mainly designed for these new enthusiasts.
I am torn in the middle between people who want some video and others who’d rather wait until the machine is fully done.
I have tried to cut some video in mid process to get you some of the action. Because we did it without the glass the paddle sounds were quite heavy so i put some scenes music on top and some of the audio package. Sorry if that confused you. All these efforts are work-in-progress, there’s going to be proper gameplay when the machines are shipped.
But guys, honestly: If you only hear Hicks and Newt in this sample, why deduct that other sounds are missing? I’m looking at the 1219 files of the audio package, they are all going to be there if you how know to complete the missions and tame the beast. So please, just be patient and don’t go into wild speculations.
We are working on all issues to have machines over in USA asap, but due to Corona there still are setbacks with availability of some parts.
If you have questions make sure to check out the FAQ on the website, I’ll update it soon.
I shall gather your concerns and answer them there for all to see so you don’t have to sift through all these threads.
Be sure we are doing the best we can, and if a question is unanswered, there’s simply nothing to tell you at this point.
LE details will be announced in Summer. Let’s get the basic models shipped first!
Cheers for your patience, feel free to engage, but realize that my response time may be limited as I’m doing this from Germany and have to sleep sometimes when you are at your most active.

#2786 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

1. overpromise
3. Underdeliver

It was a rhetorical question of sorts. But yeah I agree with your response. This is my first pre-order and will be my last. It’s not that I don’t expect to get this game, it will likely come. It’s not that I don’t understand there will be hiccups. Foolish to not think this will be the case. However, supporting this Kickstarter approach to pinball I think does the entire industry a disservice. It probably leads to a lower successful outcome of new companies knowing one can possibly run on no capital to bootstrap versus getting their house in order first and making sure the resources are there from the start to get the job done. Honestly as far as model new companies go, American Pinball has been the most no drama young pinball company. We should be more supportive of those kinds of efforts so that it discourages taking this high drama approach. But then maybe we are all just suckers for a good story with lots of popcorn involved.

#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

It was a rhetorical question of sorts. But yeah I agree with your response. This is my first pre-order and will be my last. It’s not that I don’t expect to get this game, it will likely come. It’s not that I don’t understand there will be hiccups. Foolish to not think this will be the case. However, supporting this Kickstarter approach to pinball I think does the entire industry a disservice. It probably leads to a lower successful outcome of new companies knowing one can possibly run on no capital to bootstrap versus getting their house in order first and making sure the resources are there from the start to get the job done. Honestly as far as model new companies go, American Pinball has been the most no drama young pinball company. We should be more supportive of those kinds of efforts so that it discourages taking this high drama approach. But then maybe we are all just suckers for a good story with lots of popcorn involved.

You didn't really kickstart it. They are doing this all out of pocket. The deposit in this case was to gauge interest for how many parts to order. Way more people are serious about $1000 than $1 (or no $). You are free to remove your money from the CT holding area at any time. There is no 'drama' really. The only real issue is that their initial 'it's up for sale' statement did make many people think the kinks had already been worked out and that games were on their way. This clearly was NOT the case, and NOW apparently they are doing the 'but corona' excuse.. Basically....I was right all along. There was no game ready, and it is likely to be Q3 at the earliest before games ship. They didn't even have parts available in December beyond probably prototypes.

Note, I am fine with waiting. That's never been the issue. The clear misdirection when it seemed they were being sincere, followed up by lack of communication to clarify it all is what annoys me. What they should have said is, these won't be ready until end of 2021, but they chose to pull on peoples impatience instead.

Clearly based on their FB post, pinside aren't the only ones questioning them, and they should have expected there would be a pretty large eye on what is going on and questions based on the teases that make no sense to an outsider.

#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You didn't really kickstart it. They are doing this all out of pocket. The deposit in this case was to gauge interest for how many parts to order. Way more people are serious about $1000 than $1 (or no $). You are free to remove your money from the CT holding area at any time. There is no 'drama' really. The only real issue is that their initial 'it's up for sale' statement did make many people think the kinks had already been worked out and that games were on their way. This clearly was NOT the case, and NOW apparently they are doing the 'but corona' excuse.. Basically....I was right all along. There was no game ready, and it is likely to be Q3 at the earliest before games ship. They didn't even have parts available in December beyond probably prototypes.
Note, I am fine with waiting. That's never been the issue. The clear misdirection when it seemed they were being sincere, followed up by lack of communication to clarify it all is what annoys me. What they should have said is, these won't be ready until end of 2021, but they chose to pull on peoples impatience instead.
Clearly based on their FB post, pinside aren't the only ones questioning them, and they should have expected there would be a pretty large eye on what is going on and questions based on the teases that make no sense to an outsider.

So let me amend that statement. The habit of putting dollars and pre-orders down for a game that does not exist ready to ship out the door today does pinball a disservice. And yes at zero risk to me, I can get my dollars back from CT at anytime. My complaint if there is one is that in order to determine interest companies are seemingly encouraged/forced to resort to way overly optimistic projections for when product will be delivered. That is the true similarity to Kickstarter. If companies were truly honest that you won’t see a product for several years out rather than 3 months from deposit, the interest would be far far less. It just a terrible practice and ultimately I don’t think it serves anyone’s interests well here. Company is eventually forced to backtrack and issue apology after apology. Rable-rousers have a field day. Reputation is tarnished. Clearly as Levi states the company is getting more positive than negative out of it, so it will continue. I am just saying that past this one experience I won’t continue to support this approach . Others most certainly will, and I have no qualm with that, other than a general feeling it’s not healthy for the industry as a whole. Stern has many many issues themselves, but delay in early shipping pins after product announcement is not really one of them.

#2789 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

So let me amend that statement. The habit of putting dollars and pre-orders down for a game that does not exist ready to ship out the door today does pinball a disservice. And yes at zero risk to me, I can get my dollars back from CT at anytime. My complaint if there is one is that in order to determine interest companies are seemingly encouraged/forced to resort to way overly optimistic projections for when product will be delivered. That is the true similarity to Kickstarter. If companies were truly honest that you won’t see a product for several years out rather than 3 months from deposit, the interest would be far far less. It just a terrible practice and ultimately I don’t think it serves anyone’s interests well here. Company is eventually forced to backtrack and issue apology after apology. Rable-rousers have a field day. Reputation is tarnished. Clearly as Levi states the company is getting more positive than negative out of it, so it will continue. I am just saying that past this one experience I won’t continue to support this approach . Others most certainly will, and I have no qualm with that, other than a general feeling it’s not healthy for the industry as a whole. Stern has many many issues themselves, but delay in early shipping pins after product announcement is not really one of them.

I completely agree. I have waited a year or more for each NIB I've purchased, but I will caveat that by saying, in those cases, I was well aware of the wait time. There was no question, and it was told up front (based on where you were in the line). The one issue you run into is...for me...Stern for the most part isn't putting out games I want. I never thought I'd buy a NiB pin, and here I've bought 2 in the last 3 years, with a 3rd (Alien) in the works, but none of those were Sterns. That isn't to make this a anyone vs Stern argument, I'm just stating that sure, I may be able to get one right now, but it doesn't mean I want one.

These small shops are the only ones that happen to be doing what I want right now. So you just have to go with it, lumps and all.

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I completely agree. I have waited a year or more for each NIB I've purchased, but I will caveat that by saying, in those cases, I was well aware of the wait time. There was no question, and it was told up front (based on where you were in the line). The one issue you run into is...for me...Stern for the most part isn't putting out games I want. I never thought I'd buy a NiB pin, and here I've bought 2 in the last 3 years, with a 3rd (Alien) in the works, but none of those were Sterns. That isn't to make this a anyone vs Stern argument, I'm just stating that sure, I may be able to get one right now, but it doesn't mean I want one.
These small shops are the only ones that happen to be doing what I want right now. So you just have to go with it, lumps and all.

I have bought 2 NIB Houdini and JPprem. Only had to wait a couple months on the JP. I was hoping to get the Alien this month but I understand delays are part of this hobby so not a big deal. I am waiting for TBL (9mos since deposit) and also a RAZA. I like what these companies are offering and love JJP machines unfortunately am not a fan of GNR otherwise I would have skipped the RAZA. Waiting and risk for me is tolerable, for now. But if American comes up with a great title I might have to start selling something lol.

#2791 3 years ago

So without reading 55 pages of comments have they started shipping this game?

#2792 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I have bought 2 NIB Houdini and JPprem. Only had to wait a couple months on the JP. I was hoping to get the Alien this month but I understand delays are part of this hobby so not a big deal. I am waiting for TBL (9mos since deposit) and also a RAZA. I like what these companies are offering and love JJP machines unfortunately am not a fan of GNR otherwise I would have skipped the RAZA. Waiting and risk for me is tolerable, for now. But if American comes up with a great title I might have to start selling something lol.

You are a glutton for punishment.

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No

#2794 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not even close, and appears they are actually going backwards!

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not even close, and appears they are actually going backwards!

NOoooooo. I do not want a Prometheus/Covenant pin!!!

#2796 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

NOoooooo. I do not want a Prometheus/Covenant pin!!!

Yeah that theme just doesn’t do it for me , has to be the marines

#2797 3 years ago

very odd statement from that admin. Waiting on parts due to COVID? These company reps sometimes need to step back and realize what's going on and just address those concerns directly and nothing else.

Shipping update - what happened to the two being sent and expectation for the 1st batch to be received.

Done.

Everything else is just speculation. People who think a youtube video proves the music has changed or effects won't be in there lack common sense to begin with so why even address.

#2798 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Good info below from the PB Facebook page.... In summary, STFU, be patient, and stop trolling.

Anybody else disturbed by the use of an official PB employee using the word "paddles" to describe flippers? That's straight up "mom doesn't know anything about pinball but found one in her new basement" craigslist ad posting lingo!

Well, at the very least I hope they are using quality "rubber bumpers" in this "table!"

#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody else disturbed by the use of an official PB employee using the word "paddles" to describe flippers? That's straight up "mom doesn't know anything about pinball but found one in her new basement" craigslist ad posting lingo!
Well, at the very least I hope they are using quality "rubber bumpers" in this "table!"

No, that's the least of my concern..it's a different country, with people who english is not their first language. Paddles...makes sense.

#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No, that's the least of my concern..it's a different country, with people who english is not their first language. Paddles...makes sense.

It does until you realize the rest of the entire world - including Italy - calls pinball "Flipper."

Paddles?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/56?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.