“Will Chicago Gaming manufacture Alien pinball?”

• Yes, I believe it will happen 133 votes
    34%
  • No way, not a chance 253 votes
    66%

(386 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 218 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BBEE8224-6AEF-4B96-9491-EF7A2DC1DA7D (resized).jpeg
92771abd-533e-4a5f-bffc-44e05d9ea805 (resized).jpg
4zg1q2 (resized).jpg
Colette_Ferro_Pic2 (resized).jpg
97026F38-EB99-49E3-A9F6-7D9C02D165B0.gif
7331f39bd004811d27595501aafe4dde (resized).jpg
F1658294-FC1A-47E2-96E5-A8F4F8CB58C1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien Sentry Guns (resized).JPG
96B08E69-71A0-4F43-A926-89966302FE78.jpeg
B7DD3770-FCC8-4627-B340-D854A31BB7A1 (resized).jpeg
9B6A461A-33DF-4D46-A772-6DD9B7AAD8EA (resized).jpeg
C92CFFC9-09A2-4EFA-B0F7-841E014D5F41 (resized).jpeg
Alien_LV_Mrclean (resized).png

There are 2784 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 56.
#2651 13 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I agree with this 100%. The sentry guns were in the directors cut and not the theatrical release so they have very little significance IMO. Especially right in the middle of the play field, it just looks weird.

F1658294-FC1A-47E2-96E5-A8F4F8CB58C1 (resized).jpeg

#2652 13 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I agree with this 100%. The sentry guns were in the directors cut and not the theatrical release so they have very little significance IMO. Especially right in the middle of the play field, it just looks weird.

First, let me say I like the theatrical release of Aliens much better than the director's cut because I think it was a mistake to show what was happening on LV426 before Ripley and the soldiers got there. Cutting that scene was appropriate and necessary... in fact, if I show someone the film for the first time, I make sure they see the theatrical release. On the other hand, the sentry gun scene is fantastic and I think was only cut out of shorten the film. I think it is worthy of making it a big part of the game!

#2653 13 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

This is kinda the directors cut of this machine? ‍♂️

Pretty easy to work into a mode of the game. Based on scenes right? Many of them used weapons. Is this strictly for the sentry guns (scene) or used as a readout for all weapons?

#2656 13 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

That's LV to you sir... Wait and see approach could cost you, don't be surprised if LE/LV goes up $1000. Stern started an awful precedent with Elvira, rolled over into JJP... Snoozing to losing .. Especially with the unpredictable U.S dollar these days.
I'm happy with what see, balls deep!

They'll sell a lot more and get people on the fence like me if they stick with the announced pricing. Raise it and I'm out.

Stern and JJP think people will keep buying despite these massive hikes but they are overestimating the market with their greed.

Covid will be winding down summer/fall timeframe and money is going to shift from at home recreational pursuits to travel and other things. These guys are starting to alienate many customers that are growing tired of the endless hikes and greed and will refuse pay as much for a pinball machine as a good used car.

#2657 13 days ago
#2658 13 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

quick.. see how many it lets you add to your cart to see how many they have!!!!
(no.. please dont)

Do it!! Do it!! Do it!!

#2659 13 days ago

Add as many pre orders as you like mizzou and flynnibus - but we only ship to the UK I am afraid. The deposit should have been in stock only, not the games, but we have added an explicit tag at the top of both now. Just to be 100% sure that no one thinks it's anything different.

https://pinballbazaar.co.uk/product/retro-atomic-zombie-adventureland-arcade-edition-pinball-machine/

https://pinballbazaar.co.uk/product-category/alien-pinball-machine/

They do say PRE ORDER all over the main page, and the item... you can also chek us out on the Pinball Bros distributor page.

https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/

#2660 13 days ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

Regardless of how it lights up, it still looks unfinished on the pf, like an uncolored picture in a coloring book.
Plus the sentry guns are a very small part of the movie, and not worthy of their central location and larger size on the pf.
I’m hopeful the LE is much improved in that area. Doesn’t have to be another screen, but give us something more interesting. All imo of course.

Wrong. Please bring the screen back!! Lol

#2661 13 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wrong. Please bring the screen back!! Lol

I prefer the screen in the center of the apron, gonna recess it so it looks stock... And I don't have to worry about a foggy scratched screen down the road.

#2662 13 days ago

Quite simple ..
Don't like don't buy!
Withholding judgement till it's seen.
Happy they are making it again!

#2663 13 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I prefer the screen in the center of the apron, gonna recess it so it looks stock... And I don't have to worry about a foggy scratched screen down the road.

You will probably look at it as much as you will in the backbox. Never. In the middle just puts you right in the action, without having to really look away.

2 lit up column markers, vs an entire screen filled with information and much more immersive? Some things just seem like a no brainer.

#2664 12 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:2 lit up column markers, vs an entire screen filled with information and much more immersive? Some things just seem like a no brainer.

Of course its a no brainer that the screen is more immersive and a better overall option. I just couldn't care less that's its gone at all. If this actually happens and I get the theme, the layout, the code and music/FX I'm happy as a pig in shit. To be honest even if the SV has a center screen and beacons, all that stuff I'm still going SE.

#2665 12 days ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Of course its a no brainer that the screen is more immersive and a better overall option. I just couldn't care less that's its gone at all. If this actually happens and I get the theme, the layout, the code and music/FX I'm happy as a pig in shit. To be honest even if the SV has a center screen and beacons, all that stuff I'm still going SE.

x2. Got my money down on a SE. Personally i think the pf screen would distract me. I have faith in the PB will deliver and deliver a good product. They are busy making it right, have patience people.

#2666 12 days ago
Quoted from earetz:

I have faith in the PB will deliver and deliver a good product.

I wish I did.

#2667 12 days ago

From podcasts and what i understand, PB paid out those that lost money when they where not obligated to do so.... Correct me if im wrong here. Secondly most of them are IT guys and passionate about pinball. I put money down that is refundable if a game is not produced, game is there, they are ironing out the bugs as im guessing the code would need to be ported and some re written, not to mention it cant be an easy startup. Praying to the pinball gods here.

#2668 12 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You will probably look at it as much as you will in the backbox. Never. In the middle just puts you right in the action, without having to really look away.
2 lit up column markers, vs an entire screen filled with information and much more immersive? Some things just seem like a no brainer.

Place your cell phone in the center above the lockdown bar and play your favorite clip from Aliens. You'll see what I mean, it's a sweet spot. If anyone prefers the screen, it will be an easy mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-pinball-apron-screen-mod

#2669 12 days ago
Quoted from earetz:

From podcasts and what i understand, PB paid out those that lost money when they where not obligated to do so.... Correct me if im wrong here. Secondly most of them are IT guys and passionate about pinball. I put money down that is refundable if a game is not produced, game is there, they are ironing out the bugs as im guessing the code would need to be ported and some re written, not to mention it cant be an easy startup. Praying to the pinball gods here.

Me 2. Believe me a better theme in pinball does not exist for my taste. At least not yet. A sabbath pin or better yet Slayer, maybe Road Warrior a new Robocop, Terminator 84' Blade runner there are plenty that match it in my dream theme category but that hasn't happened, u know we get? TMNT, GnR, STh, Pirates and superheros in other words.......CRAP

I'm in.

#2670 12 days ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Me 2. Believe me a better theme in pinball does not exist for my taste. At least not yet. A sabbath pin or better yet Slayer, maybe Road Warrior a new Robocop, Terminator 84' Blade runner there are plenty that match it in my dream theme category but that hasn't happened, u know we get? TMNT, GnR, STh, Pirates and superheros in other words.......CRAP
I'm in.

Awesome theme's, can't see toy story being a huge seller. I think JJP will switch gears after this title hopefully.

#2671 12 days ago
Quoted from earetz:

Well I don't know who got "paid out" but I sure didn't see my money back. Waiting to hear back on my credit on the new one to see if I'm made whole or not.

#2672 12 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I’ve owned the original Alien with the screen on the playfield and there’s no question it’s very cool and immersive BUT if the overall reliability of the game is better than the original, my vote is for the new and hopefully improved version of Alien. Hands down. Also I’m very excited they are going with the Williams style cabinet. Getting that all in one piece pinball glass off and back on was a pain in the ass.

#2673 11 days ago

I look forward to playing one. As of now I'd rather buy an original with the playfield screen once the prices drop. Hoping the LV has it....

#2674 11 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’ve owned the original Alien with the screen on the playfield and there’s no question it’s very cool and immersive BUT if the overall reliability of the game is better than the original, my vote is for the new and hopefully improved version of Alien. Hands down. Also I’m very excited they are going with the Williams style cabinet. Getting that all in one piece pinball glass off and back on was a pain in the ass.

Heck if this is well built for the price of a Stern premium (a little more with shipping) it will be a heck of a deal.

I know this is crazy time but I bought a ST LE for $7700 (iirc) that was a good time but now Stern LE are crazy price.

#2675 11 days ago

I had the original and loved it. When I first started playing it I never looked at the playfield screen. I have been programmed to look up at the backbox for too long. As time went on and I started getting better at the game I learned to use the playfield screen to check ammo and guns. I never felt like the screen on the playfield was what created the immersive feeling (although it was super rad). For me it was the audio clips, the music, and the ambient lighting. I used to wait until The Flipper Room closed and I would turn all of the lights off except the adjacent room. It was just dark enough to get that creepy feeling while the game was going. This pinis so good. I am looking forward to the new version with the inserts. It has what is important to look for in the middle of the playfield. No extra distraction. As far as a screen near the lock bar or apron..? I would never even consider dropping my eyes that low while playing. But to each their own, we all play different.

#2676 10 days ago

Is there any information on the differences between the standard edition and limited edition?

#2677 10 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Is there any information on the differences between the standard edition and limited edition?

No... Not until mid-2021 at the earliest.

#2678 9 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

yup, one might have a screen on the pf.. one definitely does not.

#2679 9 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Probability and finance dictates that differences are more than likely dependent on pre-sales of the standard. Cashflow. Return on investment.

#2680 9 days ago

I have to get rid of a game once this is ready to be shipped so I’m kinda glad they are taking their time. I don’t know what game to sell.

#2681 9 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

Was the pin less reliable with the pf screen?

#2682 9 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I have to get rid of a game once this is ready to be shipped so I’m kinda glad they are taking their time. I don’t know what game to sell.

Let me help...LZ sucks, sell it for half price,...there's your space.haha!

#2683 9 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Let me help...LZ sucks, sell it for half price, you might get a hit for a dumb buyer...there's your space

Don’t have LZ dude. Nice one.

#2684 9 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Don’t have LZ dude. Nice one.

Lol, your already ahead then. Glass is half full.

#2685 9 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Was the pin less reliable with the pf screen?

The screen and game reliability are two different things. My original screen went out a month into owning it. It was a defect with the screen not a board issue. A small part failed, I took it apart and isolated the incident. It was months and a ton of emails to get a replacement, but the game was totally playable without it.

#2686 9 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I bet more people are glad they are taking their time because they're still trying to come up with the $7,100 they'll need once it is ready to ship. hehehe

#2687 7 days ago

Cointaker loving the games they received or still no word?

#2688 7 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Ditto.

#2689 7 days ago
7331f39bd004811d27595501aafe4dde (resized).jpg
#2690 7 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Cointaker loving the games they received or still no word?

I believe they are being tested at ASOA down in Florida.

#2691 7 days ago

If I piss my pants on purpose will it make my Alien show up faster? Only the coolest piss themselves haha.

#2692 7 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

If I piss my pants on purpose will it make my Alien show up faster? Only the coolest piss themselves haha.

You ain't cool, unless you pee your pants. If pissing your pants is cool, you can call me Miles Davis!

#2693 7 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sweet, sounds like they worked out all the bugs. Looking forward to seeing some vids soon. Most immersive game that I have ever played, finally gonna own one.

#2694 7 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

You ain't cool, unless you pee your pants. If pissing your pants is cool, you can call me Miles Davis!

97026F38-EB99-49E3-A9F6-7D9C02D165B0.gif
#2695 7 days ago

That dropship has to be out of fuel by now. Did we ever actually have anyone confirm the whole 2 games were being flown to CT thing?

#2696 7 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That dropship has to be out of fuel by now. Did we ever actually have anyone confirm the whole 2 games were being flown to CT thing?

Pilot didnt make it.

Colette_Ferro_Pic2 (resized).jpg
#2697 7 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Pilot didnt make it.[quoted image]

Perhaps we could remote pilot the second dropship in the USS Sulaco? We patch in a portable terminal. We'd have to align the dish. I think it would work. I'd volunteer to go, but I'm not stupid.

#2698 7 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

Perhaps we could remote pilot the second dropship in the USS Sulaco? We patch in a portable terminal. We'd have to align the dish. I think it would work. I'd volunteer to go, but I'm not stupid.

The problem is we go through all that work, you risk your life, and then when we actually retrieve the boxes, there aint shit inside. I think we better wait...

#2699 7 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#2700 7 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Let me help...LZ sucks, sell it for half price,...there's your space.haha!

Nobody needs your help. Really. Just move on. We’ll be okay without your vast knowledge of LZ or any other game. Lmao.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2784 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside