20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 82.
#2601 3 years ago

So did the two aliens come in or not this past week?

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I disagree. PB were specific about 2 things when announcing:
No collecting preorder money
And all sales through distributors
The nice thing about distributor sales and support is not having to contact an out of country manufacturer when you have an issue. The US distributor, CoinTaker, seems to have a good reputation for customer support. They are getting 2 units early to "go over" and I'm sure they will be familiarizing themselves with every aspect of the pin to fill their support role competently and build up a well rounded parts inventory.

Yes, sales are going through distributors just like big Lebowski.. Your in delusion land if you think coin taker is going to open every box, check it then ship from there.

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Your in delusion land if you think coin taker is going to open every box, check it then ship from there.

Where did I say this?

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Where did I say this?

Guess I miss read it, appauligeez.

#2605 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Melissa confirmed with me on Friday 2/5 that the 2 coming by air are in transit but haven’t actually reached Cointaker due to complications by weather

#2606 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

Melissa confirmed with me on Friday 2/5 that the 2 coming by air are in transit but haven’t actually reached Cointaker due to complications by weather

That’s great news . Similar thing happened to my le when I ordered it , got delayed because of a sea monster and ended up in Australia . Stupid sea monsters

Maybe this time it’s those stupid gremlins

I’m just curious would u guys still consider the new alien a “boutique “ machine?

#2607 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

And since the LV is 6 months down the road

Roads ?! Where we're going we don't need roads!

C92CFFC9-09A2-4EFA-B0F7-841E014D5F41 (resized).jpegC92CFFC9-09A2-4EFA-B0F7-841E014D5F41 (resized).jpeg
#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Similar thing happened to my le when I ordered it , got delayed because of a sea monster and ended up in Australia . Stupid sea monsters

9B6A461A-33DF-4D46-A772-6DD9B7AAD8EA (resized).jpeg9B6A461A-33DF-4D46-A772-6DD9B7AAD8EA (resized).jpeg
#2609 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so much for you having an inside scoop on the poop.

Quoted from Cloud9:

if she had a nickel for every time a fanboy from this thread phoned her.. I betcha she'd have a shit pile of nickels! seriously, it was stated that she is posting a video when they arrive. you guys are like lil kids on a road trip! "are weee there yet"

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

so much for you having an inside scoop on the poop.

if she had a nickel for every time a fanboy from this thread phoned her.. I betcha she'd have a shit pile of nickels! seriously, it was stated that she is posting a video when they arrive. you guys are like lil kids im the backseat on a road trip! "are weekend there yet"

Who said I had the "inside" scoop? haha

#2611 3 years ago

Found a new gift for the wife

B7DD3770-FCC8-4627-B340-D854A31BB7A1 (resized).jpegB7DD3770-FCC8-4627-B340-D854A31BB7A1 (resized).jpeg
#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Found a new gift for the wife
[quoted image]

Be right back ...I'm going out to get my ears pierced.

#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m just curious would u guys still consider the new alien a “boutique “ machine?

It depends how many they end up producing. If the first batch doesn't have any major problems and people are happy with them, I could see this title selling 1,000+ games and taking it out of the boutique category.

#2614 3 years ago

Im looking out the window in Michigan and weather looks pretty good to me, cold but sun is out, where be them aliens.

#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, I wrote it... IPDB is not up to date.

It's 70 days later.

Hello!

My apologies!

Your email to me, dated 8/7/20, was labeled "New ALIEN Rulesheet" and I set it aside because I was unable to add the "new ALIEN" listing until only two days ago, when Pinball Brothers told me that their ALIEN (Standard Version) game began shipping in Feb 2021:

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6757

Therefore, only now am I addressing emails that I figured had to wait until that listing was present. Your email was among them.

But, I see your nice document is dated 2020-08-05 which, to me, means that it was written months before the Pinball Brothers remake was made. The authors must have had only the Heighway version available with which to compose it. I say "authors", plural, because the cover page attributes it as "made possible by the pinball community" therefore you are the editor?

So, even though the cover page says "Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers", I am going to play it safe and, for now, add it only to the Heighway Brothers "Alien (Standard Edition)" listing,

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6419

on the belief that the community could only forecast that the Rules for the Remake would be identical to the original.

And they may be proven exactly right, now that the Remake is out, but that's the Editor in me.

If someone can get back to me (at my IPDB email address, not here) once the Remake is validated against the Rulesheet, I'll add it to the Remake listing. Is that okay? Perhaps there will be a new Revision with a new date, showing any tweaks to the document.

BTW, when I asked Pinball Brothers for a manual, they told me they'd put it on their website but that hasn't happened yet.

Thank you!

Jay
IPDB
[email protected]

#2616 3 years ago

Came back to this thread to see Yipykya ears got pierced...

#2617 3 years ago

Those aliens must have been shipped in a blimp not an airplane .

#2618 3 years ago

Awwww, every time I see this thread has new posts I hope "maaaaaaybee they have released a pic/vid of the final assembled game" and every time I get equally dissappointed... meh. Show us some stuff yo Pin Bro's!

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Awwww, every time I see this thread has new posts I hope "maaaaaaybee they have released a pic/vid of the final assembled game" and every time I get equally dissappointed... meh. Show us some stuff yo Pin Bro's!

If they had the problems they admitted to , i would expect we will not see video until that is fixed . It's possible that if Cointaker does receive games for inspection , they may not have the improvements that PB is incorporating. Therefore no video.

PB may be smart not to make a string of broken promises , because "pinball is hard" .

However , a pic of the factory working on the games would go a long way .

#2620 3 years ago

I’m starting to suspect they don’t actually have a working game assembled, nor a line set up to put them together.

Just a hunch! I’m probably wrong and they actually have a state of the art pinball assembly facility ready to crank these out. Probably just holding back on the photos to increase the dramatic tension.

#2621 3 years ago

Shipping is stupidity slow... had a package ordered from Australia, got diverted from air to boat. Ordered March 2020 arrived August 2020

#2622 3 years ago

Did anyone else have to pay shipping when they put their $1000 deposit down? Also says free shipping on their site if you want to order from second run or LV which is confusing.

#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Did anyone else have to pay shipping when they put their $1000 deposit down? Also says free shipping on their site if you want to order from second run or LV which is confusing.

Yes, it was $418 for me.

#2624 3 years ago

I stubbed my toe, took a wrong turn somewhere and forgot to finish (but it should be ready tomorrow). Then the dog ate it, not all the way but pretty bad so it needed more work. I’ve almost got the kinks worked out now. Okay - it’s in the mail. You didn’t get it yet? Must be lost. I’ll look into it and get right back to you. In the meantime, maybe check your spam filter.

#2626 3 years ago

It shows the sentry gun inserts lit - I wonder if they're always white

Alien Sentry Guns (resized).JPGAlien Sentry Guns (resized).JPG
#2627 3 years ago

Nice to see a real machine playing. Not a bad thing that PB wants more time to squash the production bugs.

As for the sentry guns..not sure what they add to gameplay but I would rather have a playfield screen. And if the century guns are relevant to immersive gameplay then put those in the apron. Great LV idea.

#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Nice to see a real machine playing. Not a bad thing that PB wants more time to squash the production bugs.
As for the sentry guns..not sure what that adds to gameplay but I would rather have a playfield screen.

Me too ...

#2629 3 years ago

Any chance the music in that short video is in the game itself ?

#2630 3 years ago

Gotta say looks pretty good !

#2631 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Any chance the music in that short video is in the game itself ?

Yes it is. Audio on this game is top 3 for me all time

#2632 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes it is. Audio on this game is top 3 for me all time

Awesome, only played it once, in a very loud location.. I hope I can get the bass of this thing up like that when it arrives in my basement..

#2633 3 years ago

Me three.. They pulled the screen, for that? Put THOSE in the apron lol///

#2634 3 years ago

I never even knew what part the sentry guns played in the movie until I saw the directors cut. I also think they look out of place right there in the middle of the playfield. Hope it incorporates with the game good tho.

#2635 3 years ago

Three things:

The playfield artwork/clear-coat looks really good, nice and clean looking.
The playfield lighting looks pretty bright.
The metal ramps look like chrome.

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Three things:
The playfield artwork/clear-coat looks really good, nice and clean looking.
The playfield lighting looks pretty bright.
The metal ramps look like chrome.

Yes I made the same observations, it does look good, but it's a tease I need more before I decide on anything. Also I will probably wait for the LE to be announced and see what it includes.

#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat: Also I will probably wait for the LE to be announced and see what it includes.

Probably 6 months of more teasers. Free!

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Yes I made the same observations, it does look good, but it's a tease I need more before I decide on anything. Also I will probably wait for the LE to be announced and see what it includes.

That's LV to you sir... Wait and see approach could cost you, don't be surprised if LE/LV goes up $1000. Stern started an awful precedent with Elvira, rolled over into JJP... Snoozing to losing .. Especially with the unpredictable U.S dollar these days.
I'm happy with what see, balls deep!

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It shows the sentry gun inserts lit - I wonder if they're always white[quoted image]

I wonder if these inserts will have color too.

Perhaps added colors here will be one of the anticipated unique LV cosmetic differentiators?

PB did specifically say the LV's will have different lighting effects (as well as different toys) during the standard edition introductory announcement podcast.

#2640 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I wonder if these inserts will have color too.
Perhaps added colors here will be one of the anticipated unique LV cosmetic differentiators?
PB did specifically say the LV's will have different lighting effects (as well as different toys) during the standard edition introductory announcement podcast.

I mentioned awhile ago that the sentry gun inserts being white looked a little bit out of place because of the color. Not exactly bad...just not quite fitting in. I guess pictures might be deceiving, but bright white wouldn't have been my first choice. Warm white would have looked better than the bright white. Still a good looking pin regardless.

#2641 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I mentioned awhile ago that the sentry gun inserts being white looked a little bit out of place because of the color. Not exactly bad...just not quite fitting in. I guess pictures might be deceiving, but bright white wouldn't have been my first choice. Warm white would have looked better than the bright white. Still a good looking pin regardless.

I read you can see in a reflection that they do indeed have color capability. Sure enough if you pause at the 22 second mark you can see in a reflection they're green. Look in the lower right quadrant of the backbox art underneath the LCD screen to the right of the PB logo. Booyah! Just a little surprise that awaits discovery. Wonder how advanced the coding is to tie the ammo counters in with the whole. Could be meh. Or it could be holy sh!t spectacular. They did have a couple years to sort things out and integrate. We'll see!

#2642 3 years ago

pretty effin lame you have to pause a video and look at the reflection on the pf to notice the simplest of things on this game. really disheartening the level of communication with these "brothers"

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I read you can see in a reflection that they do indeed have color capability. Sure enough if you pause at the 22 second mark you can see in a reflection they're green...

Unfortunately, I think that is just the green of the backglass causing that. In the SnipIt below, everything is green.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Unfortunately, I think that is just the green of the backglass causing that. In the SnipIt below, everything is green. [quoted image]

I don't think so. When it is white, it looks white on the green of the backglass:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I don't think so. When it is white, it looks white on the green of the backglass:[quoted image]

Your 'pause' click on the mouse must be better than mine. And I even tried 2-3 times, plus even after you posted! I guess time will tell...

#2646 3 years ago

There's tons of shots of it NOT on the backglass. Due to the white overlay it is hard to tell but it sure looks like it at least has green color shining through and especially on the edges, and possibly red as well. It would make sense for it to be green/yellow/red if those are bullet levels. Mostly hard to say for sure yet...mostly.

#2647 3 years ago

Regardless of how it lights up, it still looks unfinished on the pf, like an uncolored picture in a coloring book.

Plus the sentry guns are a very small part of the movie, and not worthy of their central location and larger size on the pf.

I’m hopeful the LE is much improved in that area. Doesn’t have to be another screen, but give us something more interesting. All imo of course.

#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

Regardless of how it lights up, it still looks unfinished on the pf, like an uncolored picture in a coloring book.
Plus the sentry guns are a very small part of the movie, and not worthy of their central location and larger size on the pf.
I’m hopeful the LE is much improved in that area. Doesn’t have to be another screen, but give us something more interesting. All imo of course.

The ruleset is the same as the old, in which it serves multiple weapon functions.

#2649 3 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

I agree with this 100%. The sentry guns were in the directors cut and not the theatrical release so they have very little significance IMO. Especially right in the middle of the play field, it just looks weird.

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's tons of shots of it NOT on the backglass. Due to the white overlay it is hard to tell but it sure looks like it at least has green color shining through and especially on the edges, and possibly red as well. It would make sense for it to be green/yellow/red if those are bullet levels. Mostly hard to say for sure yet...mostly.

Thanks Newt!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.