20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 82.
#2501 3 years ago

Here is a bust for comparison.

PXL_20210129_235612197 (resized).jpgPXL_20210129_235612197 (resized).jpgPXL_20210129_235623718 (resized).jpgPXL_20210129_235623718 (resized).jpg
#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Ordered one. It's really nice and can be used better but I'm thinking it may be too big for the machine. Opinions?[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Is he doing the "live long and prosper" gesture? Ragtime chestburster for mine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2503 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Here is a bust for comparison.[quoted image][quoted image]

Prefer the bust. Love the blue, btw, wish more LEs came in that color.

#2504 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Nice! Is he doing the "live long and prosper" gesture? Ragtime chestburster for mine.
[quoted image]

I noticed that too. Didn't realize he was such a friendly xenomorph.

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Ordered one. It's really nice and can be posed better but I'm thinking it may be too big for the machine. Opinions?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a way you can have him facing forward, with his knees bent in a crouched position as though he’s about to leap towards the player. I have a smaller, detailed Neca version of this guy in that position on the playfield near the far right, upside down ramp and he looks awesome. Kinda looks like he’s guarding the alien eggs. I’ll take a pic.

#2506 3 years ago

D1B4F4F5-B62B-474B-B094-6D56975539C7 (resized).jpegD1B4F4F5-B62B-474B-B094-6D56975539C7 (resized).jpeg

#2507 3 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2508 3 years ago

n/m didnt see the post above them.

#2509 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Not sure where that racist and derogatory comment is stemming from but to your defense, assembling pinball machines is not particularly hard and has been done for nearly 100 years now. Designing and manufacturing the actual parts from scratch, is a different story all together and 99% of that work was done prior, as seen in fully working Heighway games on location.

Calling a company Italian, because its based in Italy is now racist? What the hell is wrong with people...

#2510 3 years ago

SWING AND A MISS great job buddy

#2511 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Ordered one. It's really nice and can be posed better but I'm thinking it may be too big for the machine. Opinions?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not a fan. Looks like its waving lol.

#2512 3 years ago

How did I miss that all these years?

#2513 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Is there a way you can have him facing forward, with his knees bent in a crouched position as though he’s about to leap towards the player. I have a smaller, detailed Neca version of this guy in that position on the playfield near the far right, upside down ramp and he looks awesome. Kinda looks like he’s guarding the alien eggs. I’ll take a pic.

Couldn't figure out how to get it in a crouched position and stay vertical, but kneeling works well.

PXL_20210130_061902606 (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_061902606 (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_061919495 (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_061919495 (resized).jpg
#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How did I miss that all these years?

I saw this a long time ago and was super interested until I saw someone mention the word “diificult “ in the install info then I was like forget it

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I saw this a long time ago and was super interested until I saw someone mention the word “diificult “ in the install info then I was like forget it

The easy way is a VGA Video Monitor Splitter Dual Port USB powered dongle. As long as the machine is VGA equipped.

#2516 3 years ago
671CFFB4-1B1E-4220-BB11-293A079C6553.jpeg671CFFB4-1B1E-4220-BB11-293A079C6553.jpeg
#2517 3 years ago

Are they referring to the lighted posts??

#2518 3 years ago

I think so. That’s pretty cool!

#2519 3 years ago

Lighting in this game is so important. I love what they're doing to make it a little brighter on the pf but keeping the vibe.

#2520 3 years ago

I think the original had lighted posts too didn’t it?

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think the original had lighted posts too didn’t it?

Nope - serialized light tubes for most GI.....almost identical to WOZECLE, which also suffered from dim lighting. There were some nice changes developed around the sling area to make the lighting much better for the originals (TimeBandit is a genious). I oddly like the dimmer playfield for Alien....fits the whole atmosphere...some basic, dimmable overhead lighting allows me to easily see everything.

In the pic they just showed - 3x lit starposts, as opposed to 2x light tubes in original. No matter in this instance, as they both are behind the APC drops, so more for effect than pf lighting.

#2523 3 years ago

"Im not dead yet"

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#2524 3 years ago

The silence in this once pretty active thread is deafening. No updates on facebook, which is the only way they seem to post updates really or I guess instagram?

It truly is disappointing we have not heard any details on the LV version, or that they are shipping them, or the issues are resolved. Just utter silence.

I even emailed them, thinking I would get a response lol.

10 days later still no reply at all.

Really hope we hear something soon from them that is actually an announcement besides pictures of zoomed in parts of the playfield.

#2525 3 years ago

Maybe they have to think about their GameStop trading losses.

#2526 3 years ago

Relax. Let them make a fine game. All of this you experience was not created in a day. Be patient.

#2527 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

The silence in this once pretty active thread is deafening. No updates on facebook, which is the only way they seem to post updates really or I guess instagram?
It truly is disappointing we have not heard any details on the LV version, or that they are shipping them, or the issues are resolved. Just utter silence.
I even emailed them, thinking I would get a response lol.
10 days later still no reply at all.
Really hope we hear something soon from them that is actually an announcement besides pictures of zoomed in parts of the playfield.

I have no idea why it is disappointing that we have not heard any details on the LV version. The estimate for when these details will be available is mid-2021, so until then, I don't understand why people keep expecting it earlier.

thesimpsons (resized).pngthesimpsons (resized).png

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No promises but I'm thinking gameplay is coming soon.

it's almost been a month

#2529 3 years ago

CoinTaker confirmed they are receiving 2 Alien pins to "go over" this week barring any weather related shipping issues.

Melissa said they will make an announcement and post videos.

Just a reminder of Alien awesomeness

“Hey Ripley, don’t worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phased plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks…”

#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

CoinTaker confirmed they are receiving 2 Alien pins to "go over" this week barring any weather related shipping issues.
Just a reminder of Alien awesomeness
“Hey Ripley, don’t worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phased plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks…”

i volunteer to test play .. weather related issues ? <just 2-3 ft of snow , thats all ..lol

#2531 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Well there you go. This is great news! Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if any other distributer will get games to play test?

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Well there you go. This is great news! Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if any other distributer will get games to play test?

Last time ct was the only distributor in the us

#2534 3 years ago

I noticed an expected dip on original Alien Heighway games popping up on marketplace, It's inevitable with the re-make pending..... Is the Pinball Brothers Alien LV pricing still at $9995 ?

#2535 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

Silence > Hot Air

#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:I noticed an expected dip on original Alien Heighway games popping up on marketplace, It's inevitable with the re-make pending..... Is the Pinball Brothers Alien LV pricing still at $9995 ?

dip as in pricing? I didnt notice a single dip, SEs are still running > 12k

#2537 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I noticed an expected dip on original Alien Heighway games popping up on marketplace, It's inevitable with the re-make pending..... Is the Pinball Brothers Alien LV pricing still at $9995 ?

Not sure its inevitable. All the originals remade by CGC have held their value. I of course understand the original Aliens had quality issues not present in the 1990s B/Ws

#2538 3 years ago

With GNR SE now at $7700 the Alien just got even more awesome!

#2539 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Not sure its inevitable. All the originals remade by CGC have held their value. I of course understand the original Aliens had quality issues not present in the 1990s B/Ws

The original B/Ws have absolutely plummeted due to the remakes. Before the remakes MM were 15k. CC is also dropping big time and hasn't even been announced.

Alien HW is a little diff though since it has it's own unique attributes. Great to have both.

#2540 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The original B/Ws have absolutely plummeted due to the remakes. Before the remakes MM were 15k. CC is also dropping big time and hasn't even been announced.
Alien HW is a little diff though since it has it's own unique attributes. Great to have both.

Yeah, I think regardless of quality of the new ones, the displays etc are going to be a sticking point for some which will keep prices up on the old ones.

#2541 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

PB is probably watching that JJP $1k upcharge and thinking... The MM to MMR analogy is somewhat different in that original Alien has some unique features that will remain pretty compelling, especially with improved support from PB, I/O boards updated, parts, etc. But I’m still excited for a cheaper version of Alien.

#2542 3 years ago

Everyone who owns an original and finally working Heighway LE, won't sell at any costs if not necessary.
And it's still not resolutely that the new machine is really better.
Heighway is the original one and that's a fact.

#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Everyone who owns an original and finally working Heighway SE, won't sell at any costs if not necessary.

This is a little dramatic. It's not like people will ONLY sell if they need it for ransom for a loved one, or need to buy a new kidney on the black market.

Sometimes people just want to make a few bucks!

#2544 3 years ago

Im not selling mine.. unless it falls on me again, or catches fire again. Then its out the door!

#2545 3 years ago

I'm really looking forward to having the magnet to set up the upper right flipper and the physical lock achieved by said flipper. I'm also intrigued by the addition of the new back entrance to the airlock.I'm high on the list so I hopefully soon I will be able to tell you all which one I like better once I have my original and remake side by side. That said, one them will be going for sure. I couldn't care less if I lose money on either. This is about toys for me not investing. So if you are looking for a remake or an original I will hopefully have one or the other available soon

#2546 3 years ago

Hopefully Cointaker really gets a game soon. I don’t get why an emerging company like Pinball Brothers who would want to promote their new product will leave pictures and videos up to a distributor. Something does not seem right.

#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Hopefully Cointaker really gets a game soon. I don’t get why an emerging company like Pinball Brothers who would want to promote their new product will leave pictures and videos up to a distributor. Something does not seem right.

This is what is strange to me. The only thing I can think is, this isn't an American company and they do things differently.

#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Everyone who owns an original and finally working Heighway LE, won't sell at any costs if not necessary.
And it's still not resolutely that the new machine is really better.
Heighway is the original one and that's a fact.

Be that as it may, I'd rather have the newer version if they work out all the bugs and can make a solid machine. Some collectors may want an original but I don't want to buy a headache and maintenance nightmare, original or not.

#2549 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Be that as it may, I'd rather have the newer version if they work out all the bugs and can make a solid machine. Some collectors may want an original but I don't want to buy a headache and maintenance nightmare, original or not.

Me too!

I don’t care about the PF screen either way.

#2550 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

My original has been surprisingly reliable, better than many other new games I’ve owned. I spent hours dialing in BM66, IMDN, JJPOTCs, etc and basically have had to do minor things on my LE. The late run games were really good, so hopefully PB will continue down that road.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/51?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.