20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 82.
#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Seeing a video walkaround of a finished machine, even with the bugs they’re saying is holding things up, would do a lot to ease people’s minds, I would think.
Right now it’s essentially has a Kickstarter project vibe.

I hate kickstarter... every single thing I backed up is a piece of junk. Never again.

Remember that stupid Ouya. Man those creators were rip off artists.

#2452 3 years ago

My first kickstarter as a backer for Thimbleweed Park - what a game and what a great success!

#2453 3 years ago

I almost invested in a hydrofoil company once..owner never convinced me he knew wtf he was talking about tho

#2454 3 years ago
91E893B5-1FA3-4539-800D-97BA88A63A99.jpeg91E893B5-1FA3-4539-800D-97BA88A63A99.jpeg
#2455 3 years ago

Love them. Now where is my game?

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

LMAO

We are gonna be seeing lots of posts like this over the next few years.

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Seeing a video walkaround of a finished machine, even with the bugs they’re saying is holding things up, would do a lot to ease people’s minds, I would think.
Right now it’s essentially has a Kickstarter project vibe.

For who? All those kiddies wich cant wait?? And cry; i want more, i want more?? Pff, when the game is ready to sell, all resellers have it in stock, then no doubt there will be plenty information

#2459 3 years ago

Our new improved lights are much better as the original crap from Heighway.
That's nothing magic...

#2460 3 years ago

Wow lights in a Pinball machine how novel ! Is it not time to show the whole game and how it shoots?

#2461 3 years ago

What's new about them? The OG had RGB didn't it?

I tire of these close up teasers. They are already for sale. Show the f'ng game. You show this stuff PRIOR to announcing it is for sale.

These aren't changing naysayers minds, and they aren't impressing the people who are already ordered or sitting on the sidelines.

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I tire of these close up teasers. They are already for sale. Show the f'ng game. You show this stuff PRIOR to announcing it is for sale.
These aren't changing naysayers minds, and they aren't impressing the people who are already ordered or sitting on the sidelines.

Look, we ALL knew this was gonna turn out this way when we saw the first looks-like-a-10-year-old-made the flyer, and heard it was being built in an Italian garage that produces 60-1 MAMEs.

The good news is with Mighty Melissa handling the cash, people might not have their money stolen this time.

But, clearly, this project is going to take YEARS, and when people get their games, they are going to be lemons that will require several Pinside threads to keep functioning. The game is obviously years away from being saleable so I would advise buyers to settle in for the long haul.

Good luck to those taking the plunge! The rest of us will just watch with bemusement from the sidelines as usual.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look, we ALL knew this was gonna turn out this way when we saw the first looks-like-a-10-year-old-made the flyer, and heard it was being built in an Italian garage that produces 60-1 MAMEs.

Pure conjecture. My opinion is the opposite, I happen to think they will succeed with this project, despite the challenges. None of us actually know yet. Let's see how it pans out. I do share your thoughts in wishing all those involved the best of luck.

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The good news is with Mighty Melissa handling the cash, people might not have their money stolen this time.
But, clearly, this project is going to take YEARS, and when people get their games, they are going to be lemons that will require several Pinside threads to keep functioning. The game is obviously years away from being saleable so I would advise buyers to settle in for the long haul.
Good luck to those taking the plunge! The rest of us will just watch with bemusement from the sidelines as usual.

Wow! You know everything...
Pray you are right here or delete your account.

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no issue waiting, but I doubt years. If this is going to fall through it will be long before that. I really am curious what is going on over there though. Getting a lemon is possible, we've seen it many times before. Let's hope it doesn't end like that.

#2466 3 years ago

Maybe they’ll show a little leg next time

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

Wow! You know everything...
Pray you are right here or delete your account.

Come on noob ain't no account deleting going on here! It's pinside, everybody knows everything and is never wrong, except when they are wrong. There's literally no consequences for being a know it all around here.

Seeing as how you are new to this I can forgive you for not having seen this movie before. This is like Rocky 7 for most of us, we know how it's gonna turn out.

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yep, the OG has rgb lights - every bulb on the playfield is rgb. Not sure what is supposed to be new or upgraded here.

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

This is exactly what JPop was doing. Show an isolated photo but never a working pin.

Dear customer we don’t have a shooting game but we will be shipping shortly (not).

#2470 3 years ago
1B850424-EFF7-4FB2-8304-758472278361.jpeg1B850424-EFF7-4FB2-8304-758472278361.jpeg
#2471 3 years ago

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the comments on their FB posts are all 'glad you are keeping us informed'. I'm not sure what information they are giving, as I've not seen much.

Also someone wrote this in response to what is different about the lights:

"Les alien de série haighway pinball avaient une simple led avec puits de lumière. Là c'est comme les premier prototype, des totem mais avec une autre technologie"

Rough google translation:
The heighway pinball series aliens had a single led with skylight. This is like the first prototype, totem but with another technology

Since I'm not that familiar, I can't say what that means.

#2472 3 years ago

I’m glad they’re improving things on the remake. As we know theme is ultra important. Look at AP who has struggled to gain sales momentum. For all we know Alien might be the greatest theme PB has ever so good they’re trying to make the most of it.

#2473 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The heighway pinball series aliens had a single led with skylight. This is like the first prototype, totem but with another technology

The very early Aliens used 5-element GI LED "towers", with LED facets facing north, south, east, west, and up. Those got pretty hot and caused problems, so later Aliens switched to a 1-element GI LED that just faced up... but that was much darker than the original design. (You'll hear people talk about how dark Alien can be.) Sounds like Pinball Brothers has found a solution to brighten things up while (hopefully) not overheating.

#2474 3 years ago

Too many new toys coming out going nuts

1) new upgraded alien
2) new model x just came out may upgrade
3) new micro Led tvs which are supposed to beat oled

All during pandemic ! Man they know how to milk you for everything u got !

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The very early Aliens used 5-element GI LED "towers", with LED facets facing north, south, east, west, and up

BTW ... since these GI towers got removed from the game, I'm glad I didn't waste time on this: I had an idea to do a "rotating beacon" lighting effect by shining all the GI "north", then all the GI "east", then all the GI "south", then all the GI "west", and repeat. (Yes, each facet was individually addressable.) Never got around to trying that out, but I've gotta think it would've looked cool.

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

BTW ... since these GI towers got removed from the game, I'm glad I didn't waste time on this: I had an idea to do a "rotating beacon" lighting effect by shining all the GI "north", then all the GI "east", then all the GI "south", then all the GI "west", and repeat. (Yes, each facet was individually addressable.) Never got around to trying that out, but I've gotta think it would've looked cool.

That would have been amazing!!! Loader battle tied to the beacons still blows me away everytime I get to it!!!

#2477 3 years ago

This list is suspect in some ways with the top spot being Wall-e and Gravity being #3

But it has Alien #4 and Aliens #10 of all time sci-fi movies.

So that’s something to have a pinball machine with scenes from both films.

https://stacker.com/stories/3346/50-best-space-movies-all-time?page=5

In my opinion the top spots should be 2001 a space odyssey, Blade Runner and A new hope.

#2478 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The very early Aliens used 5-element GI LED "towers", with LED facets facing north, south, east, west, and up. Those got pretty hot and caused problems, so later Aliens switched to a 1-element GI LED that just faced up... but that was much darker than the original design. (You'll hear people talk about how dark Alien can be.) Sounds like Pinball Brothers has found a solution to brighten things up while (hopefully) not overheating.

Glad you mentioned this. People who are saying who cares about the lights obviously don't understand. This is great to see they've brightened it up without losing that great vibe that something like pinstadiums kills. Super excited about this

#2479 3 years ago

This is even better list with Aliens #9 and Alien #2.

Blade Runner #1 ( Ridley Scott has top two spots) James Cameron has almost a handful of movies in top 25.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/best-sci-fi-movies/

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just looked at the list, I like most of the movies on it, and weird that one I really like is not there anywhere.

Event Horizon

#2481 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is great to see they've brightened it up without losing that great vibe that something like pinstadiums kills. Super excited about this

Lighting is important...Ripley agrees, she keeps getting blinded by those pinstadium flashers!

EE449411-9F6B-498D-9FDC-3706354152FB.gifEE449411-9F6B-498D-9FDC-3706354152FB.gif
#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It has some great films but most of them stink and have no business in a Sci Fi movie list let alone top 50 then again as we all know via pinside top 100 and mostly all other ratings, they suck.

#2483 3 years ago

THIS is lighting...

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on noob ain't no account deleting going on here! It's pinside, everybody knows everything and is never wrong, except when they are wrong. There's literally no consequences for being a know it all around here.
Seeing as how you are new to this I can forgive you for not having seen this movie before. This is like Rocky 7 for most of us, we know how it's gonna turn out.

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'd swear this guy works for stern.... Dude, your peace of shit LZLE sucked! Tell Gary to stop fucking with us with this junk!..

No more Yacht money... it's trending! "GME MEETS STERN". Love it! Fuck the bean counters! Stop buying Stern!!!

Yeah Gary please, that's enough.
What r u talking about? Ever played JP, Maiden, DP, TWD, GB, Met, TMNT the list is long sir in terms of solid, vey fun to play Stern pins so where r u getting "Fucked with Junk" I have to say if ur statement held any water what so ever Stern would not be the top manufacturer of pinball machines. Some good some bad, that's life. Good day to u sir......................I said good day.

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Yeah Gary please, that's enough.
What r u talking about? Ever played JP, Maiden, DP, TWD, GB, Met, TMNT the list is long sir in terms of solid, vey fun to play Stern pins so where r u getting "Fucked with Junk" I have to say if ur statement held any water what so ever Stern would not be the top manufacturer of pinball machines. Some good some bad, that's life. Good day to u sir......................I said good day.

Yeah I have Stern machines, I like them. I play Tron all the time, Black Knight, my Star Wars LE. They be fun.

#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'd swear this guy works for stern.... Dude, your peace of shit LZLE sucked! Tell Gary to stop fucking with us with this junk!..
No more Yacht money... it's trending! "GME MEETS STERN". Love it! Fuck the bean counters! Stop buying Stern!!!

LOL @ "peace of shit."

This guy is operating on a 2nd grade literacy level. My post didn't even mention Stern.

I think you need some fresh air. Go for a walk or something!

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL @ "peace of shit."

This guy is operating on a 2nd grade literacy level. My post didn't even mention Stern. Are you drunk?

I enjoyed the "yacht money" and "Bean Counters" reference. Cause u know those other companies usually take a loss and have no interest in maximum profit.
Just like B/W who weathered the storm and really held on to insure their loyal customers/pinball enthusiasts were taken care of.

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL @ "peace of shit."
This guy is operating on a 2nd grade literacy level. My post didn't even mention Stern.
I think you need some fresh air. Go for a walk or something!

Yikes!, apologeez. Had a few with fam here last night. Guess I'm still pissed about LZ, thought I let it go.

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Yikes!, apologizeez. Had a few with fam here last night. Guess I'm still pissed about LZ, thought I let it go.

I feel like this is a whole new era of promise in our relationship!

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

I enjoyed the "yacht money" and "Bean Counters" reference. Cause u know those other companies usually take a loss and have no interest in maximum profit.
Just like B/W who weathered the storm and really held on to insure their loyal customers/pinball enthusiasts were taken care of.

Has Hazoff emerged from puberty (like an alien chest buster) into Humungus adulthood? Maybe a Doctor Who reference would be better...knock, knock...good day to me sir, I said good day.

#2492 3 years ago
16E7848F-4260-4A2E-A563-64AF760C7E52.jpeg16E7848F-4260-4A2E-A563-64AF760C7E52.jpeg
#2494 3 years ago

Man, that playfield looks Saweet! So pumped for this game.

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Man, that playfield looks Saweet! So pumped for this game.

I must say yes, the playfield does look pretty clean and nice.

#2496 3 years ago

Yes, it's the same as the original one, just missing the screen.
Nothing new and all known as the first prototype was released... that machine already had second magnet, drop targets and so on.

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, it's the same as the original one, just missing the screen.
Nothing new and all known as the first prototype was released... that machine already had second magnet, drop targets and so on.

What about the improved lighting, physical air lock / ball lock, & presumably reliability isn't that new over the OG Alien from Heighway? The only major unknowns are the LV's. But they are to be *likely* expected upgrades such as upgraded glass, larger LCD, beacons (or some type of special Topper), numbered plate, shaker, possibly upgraded backglass art etc... Things I'd be surprised about them including in the LV would be the translucent side blades & playfield LCD for the cabinet as that's a key component to the originals & really makes Alien in general stand out.

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

What about the improved lighting, physical air lock / ball lock, & presumably reliability isn't that new over the OG Alien from Heighway? The only major unknowns are the LV's. But they are to be *likely* expected upgrades such as upgraded glass, larger LCD, beacons (or some type of special Topper), numbered plate, shaker, possibly upgraded backglass art etc... Things I'd be surprised about them including in the LV would be the translucent side blades & playfield LCD for the cabinet as that's a key component to the originals & really makes Alien in general stand out.

I would be down with those OG EL rails. I am disappointed they are missing on this.

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would be down with those OG EL rails. I am disappointed they are missing on this.

This game is screaming for the LV to have a powder coat that would match the Alien exterior body, like a chrome / drippy black armor look if that makes sense.

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Already ordered my topper from Walmart.
NECA - Alien 1/4 Scale Action Figure - 40th Anniversary Big Chap:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered one. It's really nice and can be posed better but I'm thinking it may be too big for the machine. Opinions?
PXL_20210129_225617484 (resized).jpgPXL_20210129_225617484 (resized).jpgPXL_20210129_225630264 (resized).jpgPXL_20210129_225630264 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/50?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.