20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 82.
#2401 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

“We were a bit too optimistic when we had our prototypes up and running. After receiving and putting together all the final parts and electronics we encountered some minor misbehaviors in the game that we absolutely want to fix before we deliver any machine to you.
Sorry for the delay, please bear with us.
To ease the waiting here is a video from our prototype’s new hypersleep chamber three ball lock!” - Pinball Brothers

So where is this video that shows the prototype’s three ball lock.

#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Playing Devils Advocate - if you look at the OG Alien thread you can find people posting misgivings who got downvoted on principal by “true believers” in the early days of that too, because they didn’t want to entertain any other reality than the one they’d accepted, and we know how that ended up.
Weren’t Cointaker involved that time around too, as in they were the distributor but they got stiffed as well and eventually stopped doing business with them (Heighway) because of the false promises?
I think it’s possible to be both optimistic and guarded about this new pin, without dismissing the chequered history of the entities involved.
I hope it’s a success, as it’s a great theme and has great potential. People paying Cointaker currently are safe in so much as their deposits are, but I don’t think it’s prudent to get too carried away beyond that. We haven’t seen a functional pin yet, so it does still have that whiff of a kickstarter around it right now.

I could have been considered more than a "true believer" way back then, long before distributers were even brought in. Didn't downvote much, but got crucified for keeping hope alive, only to quit the "club" when the company tanked, leaving all pre-order guys like me screwed, watching a shipment of early, crappy games floating around the States to be taunted, flipped in our faces (ever seen an ad for an Alien pin stating it had problems? I haven't, but we all know better). Stocking parts made sense because who the hell was going to support us, ghostbusters? Sheer luck at the right time landed me a nice example, but of course no company to support it.

The popularity of this theme still speaks volumes (dammit, why won't someone do Predator)....look at the preorders despite the curtains. As an "OG" owner, not heard of a group concerned in fear of losing anything. If there is, I'm not a part. My game stays. Might even pickup a new one if/ when it actual gets made AND supported, who knows.

I'm too close to too many things to bring anything of value to this thread, but do watch it. I hope the games get made. I hope people can enjoy this new experience. More Alien Pinball is a good thing* (*)= tbd.

Off to fix one of my W/B machines that decided to cook one of the boards last night.....( all these damn games break/ need attention)

#2403 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So where is this video that shows the prototype’s three ball lock.

https://m.facebook.com/pinballbrothers/videos/681486082547477/

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm too close to too many things to bring anything of value to this thread, but do watch it. I hope the games get made. I hope people can enjoy this new experience. More Alien Pinball is a good thing* (*)= tbd.

It's good to see a Heighway Alien owner in the thread, so I think that actually does add value to this thread in itself. Possibly any adjustments you made to your game can assist those that decide to go with the Pinball Brothers Alien remake. Speaking of value, I'm curious to know what this will do to that of the market on the original Heighway Alien games, I would imagine similar to that when CGC remade some of the Williams titles. You'll always have mixed opinions when it comes to re-makes but reliability (& what the LV offers) with this game will be a major contributing factor. I think if Pinball Brothers is successful (sales / reliability) with Alien I can see them making a Predator as game #2. These titles would certainly compliment each other.

#2404 3 years ago

Man not a lot of slack given by the pinside peanut gallery as usual.

Company ships games on time with problems: CRUCIFY THEM!

Company delays shipment of games to fix problems: CRUCIFY THEM!

Nobody's got any money floating in the wind on this unless a meteor hits cointaker HQ, take a chill pill and stop being so god damned dramatic.

#2405 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Playing Devils Advocate - if you look at the OG Alien thread you can find people posting misgivings who got downvoted on principal by “true believers” in the early days of that too, because they didn’t want to entertain any other reality than the one they’d accepted, and we know how that ended up.

It’s the same in everyone of these “futures” threads. The people who have thrown their support and money at something don’t want to hear anyone questioning or doubting. It’s why they even have “club” threads for pre orders... trying to insulate themselves from reality that doesn’t suit them. Objectively is not embraced

#2406 3 years ago

I wouldn't call what they said a promise. The conversation was the source of quite a bit of back and forth here as to how to interpret it. Many of us knew there was no way there were games on their way in the timeframe mentioned.

There is a key difference with this one as to last time, which is the money was given up front and gone. While there are lots of things that could make this go south, if people were to not get their money back, Cointaker (as well as other distros for this) would be in hot water and damage any future business with those companies because it was explicitly stated that it was refundable and not being given to the PB up front. They had the foresight to know many people wouldn't go for it otherwise.

That isn't to say all of us are sitting here blindly expecting this to go off without a hitch. I will expect something more before I hand over the rest of the money, even if Cointaker has to take the videos themselves.

#2407 3 years ago

I'm sad for those that are stressing about the wait for their pins and those that post just to instigate worry for them.

I'm waiting for an LV. When I'm contacted for a deposit and then the remainder balance when the pin is being put on a truck for my destination, I'm gladly going to fork over my money. All this fuss and hand wringing will be done sorted long before that happens way down the road.

I guess what I'm saying is relax, what will be will be. The day will come. But until then why let your panties get bunched? It's not like anyone has any money in jeopardy. It's not like what's said here will change or expedite anything.

I wish this was more of a happy anticipatory discussion but since we have already seen the game years ago, or at least 90% of what it's going to be, the posts here are understandably bitchy.

I for one wait optimistically with the joy of anticipation. It's freaking ALIEN! Love it.

#2408 3 years ago

I’ll wait, in the grand scheme of things it’s nothing. I waited a year for R&M. More interested in a great game not a fast delivery.

#2409 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

don't say you weren't warned if this goes south for any reason. we have yet to see any video of gameplay OR any physically assembled pins headed to the US.. just a bunch of fanboys waving their hands full of money. why don't you want to see some evidence of a working machine? instead of apologies and misleading posts on Facebook?

Once again, deposits are being held by the distributors, not sent directly to PB. I've been down the pre-order road with Wayne and MM long before JPOP or anybody else with a bad pre-order experience. This is not the same thing...its not even as much of a gamble as Deeproot and I believe those folks will get a machine in the future too. Evidence of what? This isn't a crime scene and people who want to see somebody else playing a pinball machine to get an idea of what its like is an absurdity to me because you can't get a feel for anything unless you're the one experiencing it. I wanted this game the first time around and now I can get it and if doesn't happen like some of you are thinking, that's ok...but if you're not in, then take a hike because it doesn't affect you. And oh, I don't need you to tell me anything...I'll figure it out on my own.

#2410 3 years ago
AB4D902B-42B1-497D-8EA7-EAC55F744443 (resized).pngAB4D902B-42B1-497D-8EA7-EAC55F744443 (resized).png
#2411 3 years ago

Already ordered my topper from Walmart.

NECA - Alien 1/4 Scale Action Figure - 40th Anniversary Big Chap:

94EC98AE-EEE2-4DBC-9461-FCFA894AA194 (resized).jpeg94EC98AE-EEE2-4DBC-9461-FCFA894AA194 (resized).jpegB71C9511-CC99-4343-A820-BD29B1F31560 (resized).jpegB71C9511-CC99-4343-A820-BD29B1F31560 (resized).jpeg75DF4329-201C-4E70-ABEE-E12B0C3AE0E5 (resized).jpeg75DF4329-201C-4E70-ABEE-E12B0C3AE0E5 (resized).jpegD35EE97E-D63E-47C0-B86A-FF1287FDF983 (resized).jpegD35EE97E-D63E-47C0-B86A-FF1287FDF983 (resized).jpeg

#2412 3 years ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Already ordered my topper from Walmart.
NECA - Alien 1/4 Scale Action Figure - 40th Anniversary Big Chap:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The beacons are imperative. I'm sure they will work on this game as well. Tied into the code, it's a no brainer.

#2413 3 years ago

Maybe a couple hundred years from now someone will find hundreds of aliens in a landfill just like Atari ET because they couldn’t get the damn ball lock to work

#2414 3 years ago

I have money down and I'm very concerned that PB is in over their head. They need to show us something soon, pictures of the factory building games, a tour, pictures of a prototype... something more than a video of an assembly or unpopulated playfield. A little marketing would go a long way.

There are lots of people sitting on the side line waiting for something significant that shows PB can handle this. Right now there is ZERO hype on this title. This thread is DEAD. Distributers could be getting hundreds of more pre orders.

#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I have money down and I'm very concerned that PB is in over their head. They need to show us something soon, pictures of the factory building games, a tour, pictures of a prototype... something more than a video of an assembly or unpopulated playfield. A little marketing would go a long way.
There are lots of people sitting on the side line waiting for something significant that shows PB can handle this. Right now there is ZERO hype on this title. This thread is DEAD. Distributers could be getting hundreds of more pre orders.

Or maybe they are happy with the number of orders now and don't want to get in over they're head with more orders.
see where the money making them ends up, Maybe they might raise the price on the next batch... who knows. all speculations.

#2416 3 years ago

Boutique pinball has pretty much always been a very expensive Kickstarter campaign. I put money down on this one, didn’t on RAZA. But really it’s all one and the same odds as to when and whether anything actually gets delivered here. But really without these futures threads what else would we do with our time on pin side ?

#2417 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

It would be reassuring to see an actual, working machine, I agree. However, it appears they're concentrating on solving any issues and the impression I get is that the project is proving a challenge! I like that they're concentrating on an initial, small number - don't get overambitious, get it right. Show it when it's ready.

I think the Pinball Brothers know (and I also believe) that if they can produce a reliable machine and rebuild trust, the game will sell well. It's been years, what's a few more days / weeks/ months to get it right? They can't afford any major issues directly impacting on the customer.

#2418 3 years ago

Is there an example of a successful contract manufacturing partnership in Pinball?

That is the largest red flag to me.

#2419 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Is there an example of a successful contract manufacturing partnership in Pinball?

Spooky seemed pretty successful at contract work.

#2420 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Spooky

#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Spooky seemed pretty successful at contract work.

I guess I was asking about a manufacturer that wasn’t already making their own games, not Spooky or Stern.

#2422 3 years ago

I just ordered an Alien also for a topper. Thanks Engel67 for the suggestion!

#2423 3 years ago

Walmart with the Kenner re-release? Interesting.

#2424 3 years ago

NO, it's handled and shipped direct from NECA, Walmart is just letting them use their website. Charges less than Amazon for listing.
125.00 direct ship can't beat that price, I've seen triple that on E-Bay and elsewhere.
It's 22 inches tall, going to be a hell of a topper!

#2425 3 years ago

Trouble in paradise?!?

Who coulda seen that coming?

No worries I’m sure everything will work out in this Italian pinball factory.

#2426 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trouble in paradise?!?

I think we will see them shipping sometime in March or April, but thats just my opinion

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trouble in paradise?!?

Yep. I hate to say it but this is very far from happening and just because certain distributors decided to start taking deposits doesn't make it any more viable. The main one in Toronto won't get near this right now, they weren't even in with Heighway and that company had a game out with Alien on the horizon. I hope it works out but....

#2428 3 years ago

I'm giving this thread a BIG Thumbs Up!

Thumbs_Up_Alien_mrclean.pngThumbs_Up_Alien_mrclean.png
#2429 3 years ago

Bump in the road, everybody grab a haterade!

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Bump in the road, everybody grab a haterade!

I don't think its hate. Lets be honest about this though. An overseas company with the Heighway assets and no prior game releases using an Italian unknown pinball manufacturer with no income outside of I'm assuming some local investors? Please explain how people can't be anything but highly skeptical?

#2431 3 years ago

My dream theme! But too expensive for me anyway.

#2432 3 years ago

Unlike RAZA, the beauty of it is, we aren't out anything if it does fall through. I'd rather put my money on this than anything Stern is rushing out at this point.

Took a year to get an MBr, took a year and a half to get R&M. I couldn't get myself to pay the 'rarity' fee on an og Alien. We'll see how this plays out. I think it will be fine, I just don't think they are going to be hitting any fast timelines and I'm okay with that.

#2433 3 years ago

God forbid a company who is

!building their first game! Yay pinball!

FINDS ISSUES BEFORE SHIPPING THEIR FIRST GAMES OFF OF A NEW ASSEMBLY LINE AND ATTEMPTS TO FIX THEM!

Any new company is fucked either way with you people. Please, tell me what you wanted them to do, ship them on time with problems out of the box? Would that have met your approval? Start manufacturing at a new facility without any kind of delays or unseen problems? Do you think that's realistic? Did pinside's infamous hater army treat spooky the same way when they started up?

I'll try to remember it's only cool to hate on foreign companies next time you cry your eyes out about someone suggesting a Stern coder could be doing a better job, Levi.

That's a stupid donkey internet rant, I just people would stop taking pages out of Kanedas playbook of being negative and nitpicky as fucking possible sometimes. I'm guilty as well sometimes no doubt. I probably just need a nap. Or a beer.

#2434 3 years ago
Pinball_Brothers_MRCLEAN_PINSIDE.gifPinball_Brothers_MRCLEAN_PINSIDE.gif
#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Any new company is fucked either way with you people.

B3F-vjvCIAAc2Av (resized).pngB3F-vjvCIAAc2Av (resized).png
#2436 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

I don't think its hate. Lets be honest about this though. An overseas company with the Heighway assets and no prior game releases using an Italian unknown pinball manufacturer with no income outside of I'm assuming some local investors? Please explain how people can't be anything but highly skeptical?

Dream theme does this to people..

#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trouble in paradise?!?

No issues here. Company has taken no money, they are communicating what's going on. I never expected anything would be ready by January. If they can get 100 of these in buyers hands in the next 3 to 6 months I'd call that a win. No one has the expectation that this is Stern.

#2438 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

No issues here. Company has taken no money, they are communicating what's going on. I never expected anything would be ready by January. If they can get 100 of these in buyers hands in the next 3 to 6 months I'd call that a win. No one has the expectation that this is Stern.

I'd be willing to bet PB will pull this off. They have their name stamped all over the boards on my Alien. So another company is building it in Italy, sounds good to me. If it is close to the original, there is truly nothing like it. I'm down to one Stern at this point, and hope they follow the example of others by integrating more assets into machines. Like GnR, Lebowski, and Alien. Competition is good for everyone.

#2439 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Well just for fun, what if they can't ship working games within in next 3 to 6 months?

I'd call it utterly predictable as we've seen this script many, many times. What would you call it?

#2440 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure where that racist and derogatory comment is stemming from but to your defense, assembling pinball machines is not particularly hard and has been done for nearly 100 years now. Designing and manufacturing the actual parts from scratch, is a different story all together and 99% of that work was done prior, as seen in fully working Heighway games on location.

#2441 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Not sure where that racist and derogatory comment is stemming

Racist?

Take it easy. I think its more a case that not too many of us own pins that aren't American made and the ones that have come from over seas aren't exactly "winners" in the longevity department.

#2442 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Not sure where that racist and derogatory comment is stemming from but to your defense, assembling pinball machines is not particularly hard and has been done for nearly 100 years now. Designing and manufacturing the actual parts from scratch, is a different story all together and 99% of that work was done prior, as seen in fully working Heighway games on location.

Agreed, Chicago Gaming did it with MMr, AFMr and MBr and did an amazing job too.

#2443 3 years ago

I'm concerned that we don't really have any proof that they have even built a prototype. However, I would be more concerned if PB took preorder money. They didn't and the 1K down is refundable. I trust my distributer.

Yeah we know better and personally the "I told you so guys here" don't bother me. It's actually funny to me. This is a crazy hobby and yes, that's all it is. A hobby. There are more important things. I'm still going to bitch from time to time, only because I love a good bitching.

#2444 3 years ago

I‘ve noticed that when Pinsiders make comparisons between car companies and pinball companies, it‘s usually the Italian carmakers which are selected as as the shining beacons of great quality and execution. So I imagine in a few years Pinballbrothers will be the go to example for pinball excellence.

#2445 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

cked either way with you people. Please, tell me what you wanted them to do, ship them on time with problems out of the box? Would that have

Quoted from dri:

What the poster probably meant: Pedretti is/was a 4-5 people company!!! (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong).
So now they have to ramp up to 100's of games (they make repro plastics normally) and get the supply line in order, quality control in order and need to set up assembly lines....

It will be difficult to say the least.

#2446 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

t‘s usually the Italian carmakers

I'll take a Caddy over any of that Eurotrash all day, every day.

#2447 3 years ago

To clarify my comment regarding the deposits:
PB very clearly stated they DO NOT ASK DEPOSITS.
Now why would the distributor then need 1000 deposit? To secure your spot, 100 would already be enough.

The answers from you guys that it's the distributor, not PB, who asks deposits comes down to the same thing; you can only buy it through a distributor.
So if you want the game you have to down pay.

I'm skeptical, that's all... especially because they were screaming out loud 'no deposits'. It's conflicting info, same as it was with Heighway/pinball brothers 3 years ago.

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

The answers from you guys that it's the distributor, not PB, who asks deposits comes down to the same thing; you can only buy it through a distributor.

It is the distributor and its people who want to secure their position putting down a deposit. What if it comes out that they are only producing 500. They might get to 100 and the whole thing dies. Well u have ur game and more so if u want to back out then u can. Is it ridiculous? To me, Yes but I'm highly jaded after being in on Alien the first time and Predator and seeing everything else that can go wrong with new companies in this business so I just don't see it happening, but Man I hope it does.

#2449 3 years ago

I'm fine and relaxed with my 1k deposit, why?
CT take my 1k as a deposit and I personally trust in CT (Melissa). I didn't sent money to PB and I'm fine with it
No one promise me a game before end on Jan, I can wait 3m ( I waited 9m for MBrLE). I want to trust in CT \ PB \ Pedreti this hobby need something new
Last facebook post about "problems" from my point of view was a great plus, Admit to have a problem is honestly great

#2450 3 years ago

Seeing a video walkaround of a finished machine, even with the bugs they’re saying is holding things up, would do a lot to ease people’s minds, I would think.

Right now it’s essentially has a Kickstarter project vibe.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/49?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.