20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 82.
#2351 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Their news release was smart, stole a ton of Christmas sales... Alien took my money from the LZ flop, still on the fence with GnR... I'm not a fan of the band. Can't wait to play it Though. I bailed on Lebowski because of the quality issues they have been having, plus paying $4500 more because they f'd up their first try at building it. I have feeling PB will pull this off... Willing to bet $7777 on it, even if there are a couple of issues...It will be worth it to have this game at this price point. Got a feeling they will jack up the price on later runs. Happy to pay the "get our name out there" price.

The tweaks with TBL have been minor.

I bet the same on Aliens. Minor tweaks coming / small batch runs usually require it!

I will let you know as I am in on Aliens.

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Sigh. 25 new posts in this thread almost made me think there was actual news.

28 posts, I know...

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The tweaks with TBL have been minor.
I bet the same on Aliens. Minor tweaks coming / small batch runs usually require it!
I will let you know as I am in on Aliens.

I think Dutch is up to 12 future fix's now...
With Alien.. I will let know too, who ever gets it first.

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

28 posts, I know...

When there's something tangible there will be way more than 28 new posts. Many r watching this but not posting anything.

#2355 3 years ago

This pinball machine destroyed every other unboxing and first impression I have ever tried for the last 10 years.

Alien took me by storm, okey I love the theme but from the first game I was hooked, I mean the music and callouts alone are amazing. Shots, ruled, displays, widebody ahhh the list is long.
I filmed in a fast pace, my first thoughts of this pin, want to share it with you guys:

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

This pinball machine destroyed every other unboxing and first impression I have ever tried for the last 10 years.
Alien took me by storm, okey I love the theme but from the first game I was hooked, I mean the music and callouts alone are amazing. Shots, ruled, displays, widebody ahhh the list is long.
I filmed in a fast pace, my first thoughts of this pin, want to share it with you guys:</blockq

I filmed in a fast pace, my first thoughts of this pin, want to share it with you guys:

Arnold's loving this game!

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Their news release was smart, stole a ton of Christmas sales... Alien took my money from the LZ flop, still on the fence with GnR... I'm not a fan of the band. Can't wait to play it Though. I bailed on Lebowski because of the quality issues they have been having, plus paying $4500 more because they f'd up their first try at building it. I have a feeling PB will pull this off... Willing to bet $7777 on it, even if there are a couple of issues...It will be worth it to have this game at this price point. Got a feeling they will jack up the price on later runs. Happy to pay the "get our name out there" price now.

I wouldn't call LZ a flop, it's kind of standard Stern and not likely to be bad. I played GnR was not into the gameplay (rules, upper PF) to me was more about the flash and looks maybe the SE would play better.

Alien is a theme I can get behind, with lots of atmosphere and the kind of rules that I like (mode based) and the price is reasonable. I don't have a line on one but I was considering a MM royal but the price is crazy at $5K more than an Alien SE and honestly I'd probably like Alien more than MM.

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I think Dutch is up to 12 future fix's now...
With Alien.. I will let know too, who ever gets it first.

You are correct and I know either 10 or 11 of those 12 have been implemented in all new releases.

Thinking about the original Alien games and then look back at this thread and others. The new Aliens game coming out has a number of changes - I bet greater than 12. And by the way - that is awesome for us new buyers.

Anytime companies fix or enhance their games you have to love the continuous improvement (as long as it is not for bean counter reasons.....)

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You are correct and I know either 10 or 11 of those 12 have been implemented in all new releases.
Thinking about the original Alien games and then look back at this thread and others. The new Aliens game coming out has a number of changes - I bet greater than 12. And by the way - that is awesome for us new buyers.
Anytime companies fix or enhance their games you have to love the continuous improvement (as long as it is not for bean counter reasons.....)

Yes, you are correct. looks like some issues have been addressed except for the 2 that matter most.. Bowling Mech and the pins mech. They were talking about in the Lebowski forum. And I don't want to pay $7000 Cad more for the mistakes dutch made the first time around.

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Yes, you are correct. looks like some issues have been addressed except for the 2 that matter most.. Bowling Mech and the pins mech. They were talking about in the Lebowski forum. And I don't want to pay $7000 Cad more for the mistakes dutch made the first time around.

Mine worked great - couple people tweaking their mechs out of ~200 people. Beauty is you get an upper and lower playfield on this one - rare but pricey.

No worries. Get used to tweaking niche games that comes with territory. Sure Alien will have its tweak.

I am going in on LV Aliens - about $2k savings. Need to see the fun on this one for $10k plus shipping. Hope it lives up to the hype for me.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Arnold's loving this game!

Hahahahaaa, best comment ever

#2362 3 years ago

I dont know if anyone has family in Italy or not, but I keep reading/seeing the news about the status of their economy and politics, wondering how their manufacturing sector is, heres hoping for the best.

#2363 3 years ago

Complete silence. Not good.

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Complete silence. Not good.

It would be just our luck that all the aliens are on a boat and it hit a storm.

FC57FDBE-EBEA-41F3-B843-20AA762FB4CB (resized).jpegFC57FDBE-EBEA-41F3-B843-20AA762FB4CB (resized).jpeg
#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It would be just our luck that all the aliens are on a boat and it hit a storm.
[quoted image]

Maybe the ship’s computer heard a signal on the voyage and the crew had to be diverted to check it out.

#2366 3 years ago

Not complete silence. Pinball Brothers just posted today. And they acknowledge that you are waiting! hehehehe

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2367 3 years ago

Same art, no games. It's going to be a long wait.

#2368 3 years ago

I don't know how I missed they are remaking Alien but just learned about it today. Does anyone know when the first games will be for sale and how long this new company will be making the "remake?"

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I don't know how I missed they are remaking Alien but just learned about it today. Does anyone know when the first games will be for sale and how long this new company will be making the "remake?"

They are already for sale at Cointaker. There will be 2 models, the lower (SV) is currently for sale - and scheduled to start being delivered sometime this quarter (remains to be seen). The higher end model (LV) has not had its details announced yet. To order requires a $1400 refundable deposit to Cointaker (PB will not see this money until delivery). Many people are putting a payment down on the SV and putting their name in for the LV just in case it is worth the price difference.

Google pinball brothers alien for more details.

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Personally I can't believe there's even a pre-order list at all and anyone willing to send money, even a refundable deposit. I'm glad its there cause if that's what its gonna take to get these built and out there I'm all for it. I wouldn't want 1 of 50 or 100 made then it dies. I really wish Stern was doing this, I'm trying to stay away from this thread as I don't want to be downer but can't stay away as I'm excited for the possibility of actually getting this machine. Damn it.

I wish CGC was doing it. I don't know what to make of this new company.

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Well the company making the playfield is supposedly one of the best. and the videos they've shown are pretty damn good. But yes, lots of unknowns at this point.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are already for sale at Cointaker. There will be 2 models, the lower (SV) is currently for sale - and scheduled to start being delivered sometime this quarter (remains to be seen). The higher end model (LV) has not had its details announced yet. To order requires a $1400 refundable deposit to Cointaker (PB will not see this money until delivery). Many people are putting a payment down on the SV and putting their name in for the LV just in case it is worth the price difference.
Google pinball brothers alien for more details.

Thank you for the info. Any idea what the LV gets you over the SE? Is this a one run type of thing or will they be making the game for a while?

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you for the info. Any idea what the LV gets you over the SE? Is this a one run type of thing or will they be making the game for a while?

The LV is just cosmetic supposedly. They are making 500 of the LV's, and no limit that they've stated on the SV.(at least I think that's what they said). They've given no details at this point. I don't know how long they plan on making it.

#2374 3 years ago

Just spoke to Melissa at Cointaker and her latest info is that PB have 22 games built and ready to ship, they plan to send 2-3 over via air freight and the rest will be coming by sea. I agree it is odd that we haven't seen any pictures or video of a completed machine, but maybe that is why they are shipping those first few by air freight - so Cointaker can arrange an unboxing / stream. That last part is pure speculation on my part. PB don't seem to be very marketing-savvy.

#2375 3 years ago

It's all good as long as it's they arrive and are a quality product.

#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The LV is just cosmetic supposedly. They are making 500 of the LV's, and no limit that they've stated on the SV.(at least I think that's what they said). They've given no details at this point. I don't know how long they plan on making it.

If LV is purely cosmetic, they might not sell 500.

If bigger backbox display, in-playfield display, etc then no problem selling 500.

I guess we will know in the next few months.

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Just spoke to Melissa at Cointaker and her latest info is that PB have 22 games built and ready to ship, they plan to send 2-3 over via air freight and the rest will be coming by sea. I agree it is odd that we haven't seen any pictures or video of a completed machine, but maybe that is why they are shipping those first few by air freight - so Cointaker can arrange an unboxing / stream. That last part is pure speculation on my part. PB don't seem to be very marketing-savvy.

I could be wrong but I have a feeling PB is going to surprise people with delivering games soon. I remember getting a similar response from CT when the original alien was released and people questioned where were they. The next week it was in my house.

Ask me how times Cointaker/Melissa has been wrong in the years I've known them? Zero. I'm confident this will happens soon.

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Nahh, i prefer EU company so we are sure have no pooling issues

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

That’s awesome news! Hope it’s true.

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

And no tariffs for you guys

#2381 3 years ago

Wow! wasn't expecting to hear delivery is starting.. cool

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Ummm, when have CGC pins ever had "pooling issues?" They own Churchhill cabinets which supplied Stern and Bally/Williams with many playfields over the years.

Playfields with pooling issues began when the German company (Mirco?) became the primary supplier.

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

And no tariffs for you guys

That would be awesome!

#2385 3 years ago

Sorry PinBros but if all you can show is a 7sec video I find that concerning.

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Sorry PinBros but if all you can show is a 7sec video I find that concerning.

“We were a bit too optimistic when we had our prototypes up and running. After receiving and putting together all the final parts and electronics we encountered some minor misbehaviors in the game that we absolutely want to fix before we deliver any machine to you.
Sorry for the delay, please bear with us.
To ease the waiting here is a video from our prototype’s new hypersleep chamber three ball lock!” - Pinball Brothers

I agree with this, they contradict themselves. They claimed they already shipped games / air shipped (to CoinTaker) some & built what 22 machines ?! Yet they now have a problem, and claim need to fix before shipping ?!

#2387 3 years ago

I remember when I ordered my LE. Supposedly it was "on the boat and coming right now". Weeks later.. nothing. Months later.. nothing. Then it ended up in Australia and I had to buy it from there.

I have a feeling this batch is coming, but will take time. Alien requires patience!

#2388 3 years ago

The lock mechanism does look cool. I’d like to see some videos of the game as well.

I think this game is going to be awesome.

#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I agree with this, they contradict themselves. They claimed they already shipped games / air shipped (to CoinTaker) some & built what 22 machines ?! Yet they now have a problem, and claim need to fix before shipping ?!

They never Claimed anything, Pinside did as usual.

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I remember when I ordered my LE. Supposedly it was "on the boat and coming right now". Weeks later.. nothing. Months later.. nothing. Then it ended up in Australia and I had to buy it from there.
I have a feeling this batch is coming, but will take time. Alien requires patience!

I think it is a good thing they are taking their time and trying to work out as many kinks as possible before shipping anything. Rushing things never seems to turn out well, especially when it comes to high priced items like pinball machines.

#2391 3 years ago

At least they are play testing them and fixing before shipping.

I've been down the "wait for stern to ship replacement parts" path with AIQ and it's not any fun.

Can't remember the SAPS interview exactly , but January games might have been a best case scenario.

#2392 3 years ago

Didn't mean to stir up misinformation and was just trying to share what I heard from Melissa about the 22 machines that were built. The "ready to ship" part was probably me incorrectly assuming that built meant ready to ship. Frankly I'm glad that they're doing enough of an inspection on these machines to identify issues and they clearly want the first ones out the door to be trouble free. Happy to wait a few extra weeks (or months) if it means a better unboxing experience.

#2393 3 years ago

Nothing has changed with this company: the games are not ready and not shipped. We haven't even seen a picture of how the display is integrated in the backbox, no gameplay video's etc. Yet they are collecting deposits.

“We were a bit too optimistic when we had our prototypes up and running. After receiving and putting together all the final parts and electronics we encountered some minor misbehaviors in the game that we absolutely want to fix before we deliver any machine to you.
To ease the waiting here is a video from our prototype’s new hypersleep chamber three ball lock!” - Pinball Brothers

This statement means they didn't even test their first production series prior to starting production, or completely skipped testing and prototyping, just as Heighway did.
What can possibly go wrong....

#2394 3 years ago

2 big differences... THEY are not collecting deposits, cointaker is and your money is safe. The other difference is instead of shipping games they know are broken they are actually trying to fix the issues before shipping them out.

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Nothing has changed with this company: the games are not ready and not shipped. We haven't even seen a picture of how the display is integrated in the backbox, no gameplay video's etc. Yet they are collecting deposits.
This statement means they didn't even test their first production series prior to starting production, or completely skipped testing and prototyping, just as Heighway did.

You are spreading false information here.

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Why are you in this thread or any other if your concerns are so grave about a company or machine that you probably aren't going to purchase one. Your opinion and thoughts about somethings you're not interested in don't matter to me or anybody else. There are plenty of other companies and pinball machines to purchase and more threads for you to talk about why you're going to do something instead of why you're not. I don't care about why you're not so please go elsewhere. I can read what the Pinball Brothers wrote and form my own opinion because I am buying a machine from them. I don't need your non-customer clamor.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

Why are you in this thread of any other if your concerns are so grave about a company or machine that you probably aren't going to purchase one.

Could be owners of the OG Alien are getting a little bent out of shape that their very rare pin while still different from this one will lose that rare expensive edge.

That being said who cares what he posts?

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I don't care about why you're not so please go elsewhere. I can read what the Pinball Brothers wrote and form my own opinion because I am buying a machine from them. I don't need your non-customer clamor.

don't say you weren't warned if this goes south for any reason. we have yet to see any video of gameplay OR any physically assembled pins headed to the US.. just a bunch of fanboys waving their hands full of money. why don't you want to see some evidence of a working machine? instead of apologies and misleading posts on Facebook?

#2399 3 years ago

Playing Devils Advocate - if you look at the OG Alien thread you can find people posting misgivings who got downvoted on principal by “true believers” in the early days of that too, because they didn’t want to entertain any other reality than the one they’d accepted, and we know how that ended up.

Weren’t Cointaker involved that time around too, as in they were the distributor but they got stiffed as well and eventually stopped doing business with them (Heighway) because of the false promises?

I think it’s possible to be both optimistic and guarded about this new pin, without dismissing the chequered history of the entities involved.

I hope it’s a success, as it’s a great theme and has great potential. People paying Cointaker currently are safe in so much as their deposits are, but I don’t think it’s prudent to get too carried away beyond that. We haven’t seen a functional pin yet, so it does still have that whiff of a kickstarter around it right now.

#2400 3 years ago

they also promised working machines to be shipped to the US by the end of January..and are now getting a hall pass on that promise because they need time to test the games. (which obviously are NOT assembled and already on a ship headed across the ocean as previously promised)

someone should call Melissa again! seems to put minds at ease around here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/48?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.