20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 82.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Seriously? This isn't groundbreaking shit. It's just a display on the playfield. It's convenient, that's it.

So it is useful, and more convenient than looking up for redundant information on the back-box. Kinda figured that was the case.

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I thought PB said no deposits were required? You also need a deposit in Europe (where the game costs 8000 euros which is 9700 USD).

Damn....I'd hoped it would be a bit less here. Ofcourse: VAT needs to be added, but still: with 21% it'd be 9410 dollar, which would be € 7741 euro. And I'd think perhaps less shipping costs (not sure) so it'd be a little lower than that. They rounded it upwards though, it seems?

Still: great that it comes available, or so it seems at least.

#2303 3 years ago

I doubt anyone in the US is getting a SV in January because they (PB) would have had to ship a game already. Let’s see some pics or news of a working game please.

#2304 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I doubt anyone in the US is getting a SV in January because they (PB) would have had to ship a game already. Let’s see some pics or news of a working game please.

There won't be a single game on US soil in January. That was an incredibly optimistic estimate they've made. Let's hope for better timeline in the next update.

#2305 3 years ago

F that display in the middle of the playfield, just build one in the apron for the LV! I'm digging more of the art on the playfield.....

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

F that display in the middle of the playfield, just build one in the apron for the LV! I'm digging more of the art on the playfield.....

Well, I have to say I love that idea. That would be a great potential apron mod kit that I'd buy.

#2308 3 years ago

Can we just get to see a video of a real, working machine now and not just some renders or pics of empty playfields? I'm really looking forward to this pin re-release but as it is now I'm still wondering if the "new" machine even exist yet. Come on, show us some videos pretty please ?!

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'm still wondering if the "new" machine even exist yet

According to the Pinside map, 6 people have this game in their collections right now!

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Can we just get to see a video of a real, working machine now and not just some renders or pics of empty playfields?

How dare u sir. Did u not witness the "sledgehammer test" video. I was awestruck. Just what I'm after with this pin. I've lost many a game by accidentally smashing it with the old sledge.

#2311 3 years ago

I’ve said it before, but computer screens are a big part of Alien AND Aliens. The original starts with an extended bootup sequence, then there’s Mother and the ship auto destruct. The second film has the iconic motion trackers and the sentry gun sequence (in the correct version to watch).

This stuff can be done on a backbox display, sure, but it feels a lot more immersive, particularly the motion tracker stuff for it to be in front of you, almost like you’re holding it.

Playfield LCD is as much a USP on this pin for me as the Alien tongue mech. I dearly hope it will feature on the LV.

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I’ve said it before, but computer screens are a big part of Alien AND Aliens. The original starts with an extended bootup sequence, then there’s Mother and the ship auto destruct. The second film has the iconic motion trackers and the sentry gun sequence (in the correct version to watch).
This stuff can be done on a backbox display, sure, but it feels a lot more immersive, particularly the motion tracker stuff for it to be in front of you, almost like you’re holding it.
Playfield LCD is as much a USP on this pin for me as the Alien tongue mech. I dearly hope it will feature on the LV.

easy enough to put a screen mod on the apron.... and u wont have worry about screen damage/scratch's, fogging!
just finished the patent, pending....for all games ;D

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So it is useful, and more convenient than looking up for redundant information on the back-box. Kinda figured that was the case.

LOL i was thinking that the little playfield display was redundant.

#2314 3 years ago

LOL i was thinking that the little playfield display was redundant.

The other way around. In practice, I rarely look up as the data is right there. Beyond being practical, it is beautiful and pulls you into the game.

#2315 3 years ago

It's been crickets on their facebook page since collecting orders . Not inspiring.

Maybe its the put-up or shut-up theory . We had the constant propaganda from Andrew when he had the control , but if we ar esupposed to see games soon , there should be something to show.

Now back to your normally scheduled "playfield screen" discussion.

#2316 3 years ago

I'd appreciate a playfield screen in the LV along with a bigger lcd in the back box. Willing to show said appreciation with my wallet. Otherwise, I'm not interested because aesthetically speaking that's what really distinguishes this game from others.

#2317 3 years ago

really...that's the ONLY thing...hmm...

by that logic, there's no reason to own more than 1 game.

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

really...that's the ONLY thing...hmm...
by that logic, there's no reason to own more than 1 game.

I see your point. Actually I meant the opposite because I want something different in my lineup.

#2319 3 years ago

Well I put a $1 down for the interest list. I doubt they will make 2 different playfields: One with a pf screen, and one without. From talking to a few of my friends who have either owned or played Alien the majority of them said that this new sentry gun feature is a much needed improvement over the previous design since this aspect of the game was really lacking/confusing. Again I haven't played an Alien, so I don't have an opinion for or against this. Along the same line if this is an improvement to the game I highly doubt they would have this for one and not all versions of the game. I do like the idea of a screen in the apron tho, that way you still get the extra screen and keep the sentry gun feature. I still want to know what all the LV goodies are first before I jump in.

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It's been crickets on their facebook page since collecting orders . Not inspiring.
Maybe its the put-up or shut-up theory . We had the constant propaganda from Andrew when he had the control , but if we ar esupposed to see games soon , there should be something to show.
Now back to your normally scheduled "playfield screen" discussion.

Thats true. They were "leaking" all sorts of photos, leading up to "taking deposits" Now, nothing..

#2321 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would think that these days the hardware cost of such things (center pf, and large backbox lcd) would be lower, but production costs and other part costs are higher than they were in 2017. I imagine the removal of the center, and smaller bb screen was to offset some of that cost (and probably cheaper motherboard as less outputs needed) which was transferred to the stability improvements, the ball lock, the magnet. However, I can't imagine they saved that much money by making those screen changes.

less out puts are they just mirrored?

Also why no EB button on the new game (when it does stuff in game) + ops can make more with buy in's.

#2322 3 years ago
1EF11468-9EC6-4FE0-A3AF-3C91A0F6A1D7.gif1EF11468-9EC6-4FE0-A3AF-3C91A0F6A1D7.gif
#2323 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

less out puts are they just mirrored?
Also why no EB button on the new game (when it does stuff in game) + ops can make more with buy in's.

I haven't seen the buy-in feature in a game is a LONG time, hard to even think of the last one it was included it but certainly it was the 90s unless there were early 2000s Sterns that had it.

#2324 3 years ago

I did use buy in as a kid when I thought I could get to a free game. Risk - reward kind of thing. Sometimes I wouldn't make it and one ball cost me one credit, sometimes one ball with a multiball I had already almost ready and a free credit, together cost one credit.

#2325 3 years ago

There is almost no activity in this thread. I wonder if it's because we don't have that many people on the pre order list or is it because there are no new updates... or both? LOL

#2326 3 years ago

Honestly there is not much to post till we have built machines. I’m first on the Cointaker list and reached out to Melissa today - she has unfortunately been out sick all week and didn’t have any further updates from Pinball Brothers. Hopefully we’ll get more details next week.

#2327 3 years ago

games?
updates?

wheretheyare.gifwheretheyare.gif

#2328 3 years ago

I wonder if we have an Australian distributor?

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I wonder if we have an Australian distributor?

It's Wayne

https://mrpinball.com.au/pinball-machines/new/alien

#2330 3 years ago

I wonder if it's because we don't have that many people on the pre order list or is it because there are no new updates

Personally I can't believe there's even a pre-order list at all and anyone willing to send money, even a refundable deposit. I'm glad its there cause if that's what its gonna take to get these built and out there I'm all for it. I wouldn't want 1 of 50 or 100 made then it dies. I really wish Stern was doing this, I'm trying to stay away from this thread as I don't want to be downer but can't stay away as I'm excited for the possibility of actually getting this machine. Damn it.

#2331 3 years ago

Makes one wonder why they don't post any more pics, wasn't it supposed to be built and shipped in January. The pin brother's kind of suck in communication with their fans.

#2332 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Makes one wonder why they don't post any more pics, wasn't it supposed to be built and shipped in January. The pin brother's kind of suck in communication with their fans.

We just barely hit mid-January. They have 15 more days to ship the first game.

#2333 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

We just barely hit mid-January. They have 15 more days to ship the first game.

Here they come . paint a target on your roof

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2334 3 years ago

I return occasionally to check on this thread just for the banter.

I know my LV won't even be close to delivery until at least 6 months from now.

I know PB have been getting their ducks in a row for a few years and with the million they previously lost with Heighway and the money they continued to invest since, they have a plan to be successful.

I know PB aren't dependant on pre deposit sales as they're aware they don't get a dime of the pre deposit sales.

I know they went the distributor only route because it was the only way to be taken seriously but the right way to demonstrate their own confidence as well as give their customers confidence.

I know they have deep pockets and they're footing all the bills and investments with the only risks being to themselves.

I know they wouldn't have secured the assets, the license, offered support to those that got screwed, and made improvements in the game design if they weren't serious about being successful.

I know they announced because it fits their timeline and gives the customer base time to plan financially.

I know great interest is there because the US distributor has been inundated with requests to be put on their LV list.

I know we hem and haw like babies for more info but we can't always get what we want, but if we try real hard, we get what we need.

I know they're not Cylons, but I know... They Have a Plan.

These are things I know. I mean, I think I know. We know these things right?

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I know my LV won't be close to delivery until at least 6 months from now.
I know PB has been getting their ducks in a row for a few years and with the million they previously lost with Heighway and the money they continued to invest since, they have a plan to be successful.
I know PB aren't depending on pre deposit sales as they're aware they don't see a dime of the pre deposit sales.
I know they went the distributor only route because it was the only way to be taken seriously but the right way to demonstrate their own confidence as well as their customer confidence.
I know they have deep pockets and they're footing all the bills and investments with the only risks to themselves.
I know they wouldn't have secured the assets, the license, offered support to those that got screwed, and made improvements in the game design if they weren't serious about being successful.
I know they announced because it fits their timeline and gives the customer base time to plan financially.
I know we hem and haw like babies for more info but we can't always get what we want, but if we try real hard, we get what we need.
I know they're not Cylons but I know... They Have a Plan.
These are things I know. I mean I think I know. We know these things right?

You know a lot.

#2336 3 years ago

I know.

#2338 3 years ago

I know I enjoyed playing Alien at TPF a few years ago.

I know I allowed myself to get caught up in the Predator fiasco.

I know making pinball machines is hard.

I know I will wait until a few hundred buyers are enjoying their issue-free games before I will consider making a purchase.

I know.

#2339 3 years ago

I know of no reason why if they had at least one machine actually built they would not be showing/telling us about it.

Maybe Yipykia does.

#2340 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I know of no reason why if they had at least one machine actually built they would not be showing/telling us about it.
Maybe Yipykia does.

I know they have a plan

I know they have a timeline

I know you know I don't know anything else

I'm just here for the banter at this point

Lol

#2341 3 years ago

"You don't know sh*t Lebowski!"

Oops sorry wrong unobtanium pin thread...

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I mean, I think I know.

Probably should have started with this
Here's what I know, we are a long ways off from this being anything I'm gonna touch. I also know I have seen gameplay vids and pinball machines shipped and it still all goes to hell. I want this pin as much as anyone, Neh more. Still this is all nothing but fluff. I'm gonna wait till I see massive posts which will indicate gameplay footage or machines shipped. Good day to u kind sirs.

I said good day.

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Still this is all nothing but fluff.
Good day to u kind sirs.
I said good day.

How dare you sir!

This is not fluff.

This is banter!

#2344 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I know my LV won't even be close to delivery until at least 6 months from now.
I know PB has been getting their ducks in a row for a few years and with the million they previously lost with Heighway and the money they continued to invest since, they have a plan to be successful.
I know PB aren't dependant on pre deposit sales as they're aware they don't get a dime of the pre deposit sales.
I know they went the distributor only route because it was the only way to be taken seriously but the right way to demonstrate their own confidence as well as give their customers confidence.
I know they have deep pockets and they're footing all the bills and investments with the only risks being to themselves.
I know great interest is there because the US distributor has been inundated with requests to be put on their LV list.
I know they're not Cylons, but I know... They Have a Plan.
These are things I know. I mean, I think I know. We know these things right?

Boy you’re a real know it all. Lol!
Just kidding

#2345 3 years ago
well-if-you-dont-know-now-you-know (resized).jpgwell-if-you-dont-know-now-you-know (resized).jpg
#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I know they have a plan
I know they have a timeline

much better than having know plan and know timeline.

#2348 3 years ago

Their news release was smart, stole a ton of Christmas sales... Alien took my money from the LZ flop, still on the fence with GnR... I'm not a fan of the band. Can't wait to play it Though. I bailed on Lebowski because of the quality issues they have been having, plus paying $4500 more because they f'd up their first try at building it. I have a feeling PB will pull this off... Willing to bet $7777 on it, even if there are a couple of issues...It will be worth it to have this game at this price point. Got a feeling they will jack up the price on later runs. Happy to pay the "get our name out there" price now.

#2349 3 years ago

Somethings I know, and something I dont.

Great tv show ...................anyone can name or even seen it wins the prize.

#2350 3 years ago

Sigh. 25 new posts in this thread almost made me think there was actual news.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/47?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.