20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
A9F4C5E8-5E36-44E8-8A8D-0B47B8CB785F (resized).jpeg

There are 4,060 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 82.
#2251 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would think that these days the hardware cost of such things (center pf, and large backbox lcd) would be lower, but production costs and other part costs are higher than they were in 2017. I imagine the removal of the center, and smaller bb screen was to offset some of that cost (and probably cheaper motherboard as less outputs needed) which was transferred to the stability improvements, the ball lock, the magnet. However, I can't imagine they saved that much money by making those screen changes.

Seems like Roger said the costs were the same to take the screen out. I like what they did for sure, but hope someone mirrors the screen, even on the apron as someone previously suggested. I'm guessing the new motherboard will have more than one DVI output.

#2252 10 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Seems like Roger said the costs were the same to take the screen out. I like what they did for sure, but hope someone mirrors the screen, even on the apron as someone previously suggested. I'm guessing the new motherboard will have more than one DVI output.

In the interview they also said that the reason for the smaller backbox was due to assets, which was kind of odd, since the assets were already done and worked on the big screen. I wonder if they made new assets. Or maybe something was lost in the language.

#2253 10 months ago

Spare screen to buy is about 45. Can't be that much they saved. Imo it really was about durability and cutting down on the eventual flurry of folks with issues. And yes for me, it was fine but ultimately there could be issues which many owners did have including the screen not working (not just of damage)

#2254 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would think that these days the hardware cost of such things (center pf, and large backbox lcd) would be lower, but production costs and other part costs are higher than they were in 2017. I imagine the removal of the center, and smaller bb screen was to offset some of that cost (and probably cheaper motherboard as less outputs needed) which was transferred to the stability improvements, the ball lock, the magnet. However, I can't imagine they saved that much money by making those screen changes.

Thats my thought. Are they really saving much money removing the pf screen?

#2255 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In the interview they also said that the reason for the smaller backbox was due to assets, which was kind of odd, since the assets were already done and worked on the big screen. I wonder if they made new assets. Or maybe something was lost in the language.

My take was that this is forward looking. So their next title would benefit.

#2256 10 months ago

I for one did not like the screen in the playfield. It was very distracting to me during gameplay, and it's the same info that's on the normal backbox display.
I'm happy with the standard edition in a normal Williams/Bally wide body cabinet too.

#2257 10 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

I for one did not like the screen in the playfield. It was very distracting to me during gameplay, and it's the same info that's on the normal backbox display.
I'm happy with the standard edition in a normal Williams/Bally wide body cabinet too.

For me it is less distracting and adds great atmosphere. You literally never have to look up during the game, which increases focus during gameplay. Also, there are things you'd miss if you had to look up. As one example, in Combat Drop mode on Aliens, when you hit standup targets, individual characters briefly pop up on the screen, not long enough to reference to the backbox. Lots of other examples as well. But at the end of the day, this is Alien. You're still playing a masterpiece of pinball.

#2258 10 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

I got hand it to you for sharing a nearly unique take on the playfield screen. Refreshing for sure after weeks of going blind reading threads about our awesome new toy that will be here soon hopefully. I can definitely see your point. The pf screen never bothered me but it did seem redundant although its true that the atmosphere and experience during multi ball are super cool. I am very optimistic that I will enjoy gameplay more with the physical lock and extra magnet. I have a very tough time making the upper right flipper shots on my original(I'm not that good) and like if said before a dozen times, I love physical ball locks. It's the main reason I traded off my standard Wonka and am currently looking for an LE or CE in trade for my original Alien.

#2259 10 months ago

I'm really curious as to the $7777.00 SE vs. the now what looks to be removed price of the LV ? CoinTaker had them at I think they were $9995.00 I can't find the price listed on their website anymore.. "The game details have not been finalized". Are they now changing the pricing ? Either way for the roughly $2,200 difference I'm guessing :

Upgraded back box larger LCD
Back Glass artwork upgrade
Black Gloss Armor (or something to represent the drippy Alien Queen type look)
Shaker
Alternative Translucent Glowing cabinet side art / plexi pieces
Colored Titan / Upgraded colored polyurethane rubber rings
Under cabinet lighting
Unique Topper exclusively for the LV Beacons or perhaps something else that links game play
Numbered plaque / serialized plates up to guessing 426 units.
LCD underneath playfield / or additional LCD in the Lockbar would probably be most cost effective for them not to need to change playfields
Pop Bumper eggs that close / open during certain modes
The Xenomorph inner mouth teeth type upgrade near the magnet area

#2260 10 months ago

My 2c

I played only 8-9 games on original Alien several years ago.

If someone had an original game and was used to playing with the PF screen, they would miss the screen and not like the new version as much.

Someone who is new to the game probably won't miss the screen because they never got the habit of having the screen there in the first place.

To me it's like the walker bomb on TWD premium which is missing on the pro. People say the walker bombs are a key feature or an essential aspect of TWD premium. However I have a pro and never got acclimated or used to playing the walker bombs so I don't miss it. I suspect someone going from TWD premium to pro would miss the walker bombs but my self as an owner of the pro never missed them or feel like the game is lesser because it doesn't have them.

Overall aesthetics look of the pin (IMO) the PF looks better with inserts and full art (better than a blank screen cut into the artwork) it's not like the art was illustrated around the screen like CFTBL or AcDc premium. It's just like the screen was thrown in and the art was cur out after the fact.

I

#2261 10 months ago

#2262 10 months ago

I could see how the playfield display would enhance AMBUSH because of the proximity screen. During this mode does the closeness of a alien correspond to a shot on the playfield to shoot it? When it turns red and close proximity if you shoot that particular shot does it go away?

#2263 10 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm really curious as to the $7777.00 SE vs. the now what looks to be removed price of the LV ? CoinTaker had them at I think they were $9995.00 I can't find the price listed on their website anymore.. "The game details have not been finalized". Are they now changing the pricing ? Either way for the roughly $2,200 difference I'm guessing :
Upgraded back box larger LCD
Back Glass artwork upgrade
Black Gloss Armor (or something to represent the drippy Alien Queen type look)
Shaker
Alternative Translucent Glowing cabinet side art / plexi pieces
Colored Titan / Upgraded colored polyurethane rubber rings
Under cabinet lighting
Unique Topper exclusively for the LV Beacons or perhaps something else that links game play
Numbered plaque / serialized plates up to guessing 426 units.
LCD underneath playfield / or additional LCD in the Lockbar would probably be most cost effective for them not to need to change playfields
Pop Bumper eggs that close / open during certain modes
The Xenomorph inner mouth teeth type upgrade near the magnet area

Plus the all metal ball guides on the sides.. Look pretty cool.

#2264 10 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I could see how the playfield display would enhance AMBUSH because of the proximity screen. During this mode does the closeness of a alien correspond to a shot on the playfield to shoot it? When it turns red and close proximity if you shoot that particular shot does it go away?

No, the quadrant where the radar dot is located correspond to a playfield shot. Proximity is important because if an alien reaches the center, all jackpots unlight and the Jackpot value resets to baseline. Even without the screen, though, that information is conveyed via the audio.

#2265 10 months ago

Wonder if they could use the GI as a proximity sensor during ambush

#2266 10 months ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

One good thing about Andy Heighway, he loved to get gameplay vids out early. He had me shoot gameplay vids on broken prototypes, which required masterful editing skills to make it look good.
Watch this video which shows the raw cut and my final edit of the original Alien promotional video.

Gotta say, if you have a finished product....SHOW THE DAMN WORLD ALREADY! Not showing anything means: you either have no confidence in your product, or it's not ready.

Why does this post contradict itself?

It is proof of how what a gameplay video shows can be manipulated. Good things AH done hey... made a video that made it seem like the game he made actually worked.

Argument for Not making a "gameplay video" is all we see here isn't it?

Anyway, as some already said, completely unwaranted given how sales are going, so they made the right choice not wasting resources on a pointless gameplay demo.

Quoted from dts:

Interesting how much the playfield LCD is featured in this video. It really is puzzling that they left out a central feature. It's easy to level, like the window on Congo/Creature/Lebowski, and mylar overlay on the screen and edges protects from scratches/chips. It is much more important than the spinning disc in JJPOTC imo. In some modes, you wouldn't have enough time to look up at the screen to see what is going on during gameplay. No doubt, there will mods to address this.

It's just marketing (promoting) a difference for the pro model. It would be madness to produce your game with deleted main integral feature, and say "it was awesome and viable, but we left it out to save it for the LV" .... How do we think that would go for SV sales vs LV sales?? . Promote the product you are releasing Now. That is all they appear to be doing, makes sense. Yes, the display there is basically what the whole game and visuals was built around.

It definitely detracts alot from gameplay experience by removing it, that is obvious to anyone whom played the game alot and got to see how it is integrated to all the modes.

#2267 10 months ago

I don't know what the big deal about the playfield display is? We have all been playing pinball for years and we all are used to looking up at the display in the backbox. We've been doing it for years. Also there still is the other display on the playfield. Perhaps they have a new plan for it?

#2268 10 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Wonder if they could use the GI as a proximity sensor during ambush

Now...that is not somethig I think has ever been done. With everything being addressable LED now, this would be an interesting mechanic. Lit 'areas' rather than lit inserts.

"Hey Vasquez, shine a light on your left!" and the left portion of the GI lights up, and you need to hit targets there

etc...

Or...multi color regions on the pf GI with different point strategies.

#2269 10 months ago

I do hope the GI lighting is enhanced a bit, maybe the RGB lit targets will help too... but my only other issue with the original was it was hard to see the ball as the game is so dark. That fits the mood for sure I know, but a little more lighting would have helped. Regardless, I am so happy to be getting an SE of this amazing title.

#2270 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Now...that is not somethig I think has ever been done. With everything being addressable LED now, this would be an interesting mechanic. Lit 'areas' rather than lit inserts.
"Hey Vasquez, shine a light on your left!" and the left portion of the GI lights up, and you need to hit targets there
etc...
Or...multi color regions on the pf GI with different point strategies.

I think might be onto something with bright white "ping wave" eminating from the g.i. flipper area out and upward across the playfield. Scott Danesi style

#2271 10 months ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I don't know what the big deal about the playfield display is? We have all been playing pinball for years and we all are used to looking up at the display in the backbox. We've been doing it for years. Also there still is the other display on the playfield. Perhaps they have a new plan for it?

Just talking about the reality of it.

Indeed it took hundreds of games for me to break the old habbit of looking at the backbox, when now looking up actually does nothing useful, makes much more sense to keep looking at where the ball is for your info, especially when it's provided there for you along with the visual/video immersion rolling over right in front of your face!. I can totally get people not actually knowing what they are missing. But that is the point, pro SV gameplay videos would only serve to highlight the new deficiency of no PF display. No gamplay video is a very smart move imho.

Lots of things humans did and kept doing for years, but now something different gets built in and makes something so much better, or makes a game incredibly visually awesome, functional, and fully immersive... Cool!. Take it out and something profoundly significant is obviously lost/missing from the Original game. That is all. Actually that is probably the most valid reason for no gameplay video.... people whom have played it a bit would see all too clearly how much of the game really is lost without that Playfield Screen.

Of course the Pro game still works fine!. But it is still significantly inferior in terms of visual immersion. It simply can not be anything other than less visually immersive, obviously Lol. But, that is what people expect in a Pro, of course, only what you Really Need, to play and enjoy the most basic form of the game.

If the PV/LV was not significantly better, not as many would choose to buy it, hey. But no point detracting from pro sales by demonstrating that right now.

#2272 10 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

I do hope the GI lighting is enhanced a bit, maybe the RGB lit targets will help too... but my only other issue with the original was it was hard to see the ball as the game is so dark. That fits the mood for sure I know, but a little more lighting would have helped. Regardless, I am so happy to be getting an SE of this amazing title.

100% agree. Dark theme yes but the minimal GI on the original was dismal. As for the playfield display, could care less. Just seemed like a distraction and for Mine anyway was constantly a problem dropping to static constantly. I can look up at the display would rather see the weapons inserts as they opted. Excited to get this new and improved version at Realistic market value without a trunk of needed spare parts lol.

#2273 10 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

pf screen is a must for lv version. More distracting more fun

#2274 10 months ago

Where to buy the green glo-balls? Please pm thnx

17B09D02-5B5B-4065-859F-3B2A2AFE5198 (resized).png
#2275 10 months ago

I don't see it happening. They will cause ill will to the people who buy a SE or lots of people cancelling orders (if it is announced before delivery). They gave no indication that it was going to be on it, and frankly, if it was, they should be up front about it. Period. MAYBE after they see all the people clamoring for it, they may change their mind, but it should be known before SE's are delivered.

#2276 10 months ago
Quoted from Munsters:

pf screen is a must for lv version. More distracting more fun

That's fine for the LE/LV buyers. The SE corrects all I need....and saves me $2k

#2277 10 months ago

I’ve heard nothing but good things about this game. I’m not really sure what game can beat it for 2021 releases.

I got on the preorder list the day it was announced.

Patiently waiting for the release date.

#2278 10 months ago

I'm getting an LV and I don't care one bit about the playfield screen and am pretty sure it won't be in it. I don't believe the old playfields are compatible with the other changes they have made to the game, the airlock, additional magnet and new ramps, etc. I'm not a fan of stainless steel on any of my games and have had them all power coated and have changed the legs too. I would have gotten a SV if I could have gotten it with power coated armor. Don't care about shakers or toppers either, just not my thing. I'm don't want to remove and replace those things myself anymore. Especially on a NIB. Legs are nothing to change, but you can dork up the side art really easily if you're not careful with a heat gun.

#2279 10 months ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I'm getting an LV and I don't care one bit about the playfield screen and am pretty sure it won't be in it. I don't believe the old playfields are compatible with the other changes they have made to the game, the airlock, additional magnet and new ramps, etc. I'm not a fan of stainless steel on any of my games and have had them all power coated and have changed the legs too. I would have gotten a SV if I could have gotten it with power coated armor. Don't care about shakers or toppers either, just not my thing. I'm don't want to remove and replace those things myself anymore. Especially on a NIB. Legs are nothing to change, but you can dork up the side art really easily if you're not careful with a heat gun.

Who ever said anything about the old playfields??

You heard of a thing called CNC?? Lol

If you are "hoping" LV won't have a PF display, I definitely think you will be dissapointed.

Also the ramps (at least, and other wrong assumptions from peoples random "guesswork") have not changed. Except for them now being electro-polished. I bought some of the "new" ones, bolt straight in and are in the same position on the new game.

People unfamiliar with the game are getting Lots of stuff mixed up pretty good. Which is understandable I suppose.

#2280 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't see it happening. They will cause ill will to the people who buy a SE or lots of people cancelling orders (if it is announced before delivery). They gave no indication that it was going to be on it, and frankly, if it was, they should be up front about it. Period. MAYBE after they see all the people clamoring for it, they may change their mind, but it should be known before SE's are delivered.

No not at all. Everyone has been fairly informed that in december "nothing final is decided" and "Everything is on the table for the LV". That includes displays. If you are banking on LV definately Not having a PF screen, well, don't complain or be unreasonably upset when your unfounded assumption proves incorrect.

#2281 10 months ago

I put a $1 bet on it having the screen. If not I'll probably get a standard.

#2282 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No not at all. Everyone has been fairly informed that in december "nothing final is decided" and "Everything is on the table for the LV". That includes displays. If you are banking on LV definately Not having a PF screen, well, don't complain or be unreasonably upset when your unfounded assumption proves incorrect.

There is no banking. Unless you are trying to sneakily tell us you know something, either out with it, or your assumption is worth no more than anyone elses. I'm simply stating the fact that if they were to make that addition, many SE orders will cancel for it. Since they had the forethought to tell everyone they were making an LV too, it is kind of disingenuous (maybe not purposely) to draw everyone to an SE - because they gave good reason that the screen would not be there in the interview - and then suddenly put it a screen on the LV.

#2283 10 months ago

I'm in for an LV. I agree that we need to be informed fairly soon of the specs vs SE.

Am I the only one who thinks that HP would have succeeded if they had ditched FT and focused on Alien? It is a great machine. Hopefully Predator will be their next machine.

#2284 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is no banking. Unless you are trying to sneakily tell us you know something, either out with it, or your assumption worth no more than anyone elses. I'm simply stating the fact that if they were to make that addtion, many SE orders will cancel for it.

I hope they do include it, even if it affects the value of my LE. It really is that good. Yelobird, sounds like you had a lemon, or it needed a new DVI cable. That would drive me crazy on the screen as well if it were static. I've seen that with faulty cables to larger screens as well. If, on the other hand, they leave it out, a standard is pretty appealing for the price.

#2285 10 months ago
Quoted from dts:

I hope they do include it, even if it affects the value of my LE. It really is that good. Yelobird, sounds like you had a lemon, or it needed a new DVI cable. That would drive me crazy on the screen as well if it were static. I've seen that with faulty cables to larger screens as well. If, on the other hand, they leave it out, a standard is pretty appealing for the price.

I agree. I like the screen. That's why I want to know lol. I mean, if it isn't there, I will most likely be happy with SE, but if it is there, and I'm already paid for a SE, I'm going to be not as happy - since they really did lean towards it was NOT going to exist at all. I'm not a fan of moving games in and out.

#2286 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is no banking. Unless you are trying to sneakily tell us you know something, either out with it, or your assumption is worth no more than anyone elses. I'm simply stating the fact that if they were to make that addition, many SE orders will cancel for it. Since they had the forethought to tell everyone they were making an LV too, it is kind of disingenuous (maybe not purposely) to draw everyone to an SE - because they gave good reason that the screen would not be there in the interview - and then suddenly put it a screen on the LV.

Not "suddenly" lol. People don't listen very well (to the interview).

It isn't assumption it is their description in the interview. English.

Good point about SV demand, same point I am making, but I think you may have it all upside down... imho.

You are absolutely right, no banking. Which is why I find it a bit bizarre that some people seem to be "banking" on there Not being a screen. When they said more like the exact opposite.

PB done it well for their business, whatever eventuates, they got variables and unknown's covered. I mean, just look at the pro sales!?!

Do you think that gangbuster sales would have been the same if they blew their wad Early and announced "the LV has a PF display" back in december? ... that would be absolutely dumb m.o. from a busines perspective.

#2287 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I agree. I like the screen. That's why I want to know lol. I mean, if it isn't there, I will most likely be happy with SE, but if it is there, and I'm already paid for a SE, I'm going to be not as happy - since they really did lean towards it was NOT going to exist at all. I'm not a fan of moving games in and out.

You DEFINITELY took That out of Context. Listen to the interview again perhaps mate, that is Only in Direct reference to the SV development/re-release, to be sure. The PF screen comments are in no way related to the LV in the discussions.

LV and I quote "Everything Is On The Table." You can not get much clearer than that man.

This is where the various misinterpretations come from. Making assumptions.

I'm not making a whole lot of assumptions, but relaying what the interview said, not so much assuming about what it did Not say.

Doubt the LV final features list will be anounced before middle of year, like in winter sometime... July-ish perhaps. Would be my guess based on what they said.

I suppose this is partly why it's now a dollar to go on the LV list, otherwise next thing the list would be 2000 names long with only 500 to sell Lol ... and can not charge more that a dollar for "deposit" when a features list is still most likely 6 months away.

#2288 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Doubt the LV final features list will be anounced before middle of year, like in winter sometime... July-ish perhaps. Would be my guess based on what they said.
Lol

Winter in July! You guys are upside down in Australia

#2289 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not "suddenly" lol. People don't listen very well (to the interview).
It isn't assumption it is their description in the interview. English.
Good point about SV demand, same point I am making, but I think you may have it all upside down... imho.
You are absolutely right, no banking. Which is why I find it a bit bizarre that some people seem to be "banking" on there Not being a screen. When they said more like the exact opposite.
PB done it well for their business, whatever eventuates, they got variables and unknown's covered. I mean, just look at the pro sales!?!
Do you think that gangbuster sales would have been the same if they blew their wad Early and announced "the LV has a PF display" back in december? ... that would be absolutely dumb m.o. from a busines perspective.

Quoted from razorsedge:

You DEFINITELY took That out of Context. Listen to the interview again perhaps mate, that is Only in Direct reference to the SV development/re-release, to be sure. The PF screen comments are in no way related to the LV in the discussions.
LV and I quote "Everything Is On The Table." You can not get much clearer than that man.
This is where the various misinterpretations come from. Making assumptions.
I'm not making a whole lot of assumptions, but relaying what the interview said, not so much assuming about what it did Not say.
I suppose this is partly why it's now a dollar to go on the LV list, otherwise next thing the list would be 2000 names long with only 500 to sell Lol ... and can not charge more that a dollar for "deposit" when a features list is still most likely 6 months away.

I can't tell if you just really have your hopes up or if you know something, because you sound like you are convinced there will be one. What they said regarding why they removed it does not in any way mean it's going to be on the LV. The reasons they give explaining why it isn't doesn't lead to it being there on a higher model. If that was the case, and knowing many would be dissappointed it wasn't there, it would have made more sense to just keep it in and raise the price, or just cut out a 'lower' model all together. They also stated that the parts would be available for sale, which also makes it sound like whatever they are putting on the LV is cosmetic only.

And yes, I think that if 'they blew their wad saying LV had a screen' adds to my point. If that is how it is going to go down, it's manipulative. Don't even bother selling an SE in that case. Just sell the high end model and sell the addons separate to keep costs down for those who don't want to pay as much.

there's no point arguing about it. As I said, I want it on there, I just doubt it will be, just as I'll be very surprised if they are here by end of January. There's too much 'hush hush sneaking around' for a game that's already been announced and had deposits taken and supposedly already shipping. None of this would be speculation if there was actual information being released rather than 'teases' and non information. I would 'assume' that once games are shipping they would announce it. Why wouldn't they?

#2290 10 months ago

I hope the LV comes with a playfield display. If everybody jumps from the SE to the LV then that means I will get my SE sooner.

I haven't heard anything that convinces me the playfield display is necessary. I have played the game and always thought the playfield display was redundant. Maybe I need more time on the game, I don't know. Iv'e been wrong before ; )

I don't have any problem looking up a the backbox while playing. It's really not hard, been doing it for years. lol

#2291 10 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I’m not really sure what game can beat it for 2021 releases.

While I'm all about Alien, If done right with all of these Data East re-vamped versions a Back To The Future has so much potential.

#2292 10 months ago

I never was a big fan of the DE BttF. I'd like to see a completely new version.

#2293 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't tell if you just really have your hopes up or if you know something, because you sound like you are convinced there will be one. What they said regarding why they removed it does not in any way mean it's going to be on the LV. The reasons they give explaining why it isn't doesn't lead to it being there on a higher model. If that was the case, and knowing many would be dissappointed it wasn't there, it would have made more sense to just keep it in and raise the price, or just cut out a 'lower' model all together. They also stated that the parts would be available for sale, which also makes it sound like whatever they are putting on the LV is cosmetic only.
And yes, I think that if 'they blew their wad saying LV had a screen' adds to my point. If that is how it is going to go down, it's manipulative. Don't even bother selling an SE in that case. Just sell the high end model and sell the addons separate to keep costs down for those who don't want to pay as much.
there's no point arguing about it. As I said, I want it on there, I just doubt it will be, just as I'll be very surprised if they are here by end of January. There's too much 'hush hush sneaking around' for a game that's already been announced and had deposits taken and supposedly already shipping. None of this would be speculation if there was actual information being released rather than 'teases' and non information. I would 'assume' that once games are shipping they would announce it. Why wouldn't they?

Has his hopes up - no proof - he is “reading between the lines” and drawing conclusions that it will be there.

I hope he is right. I listened and understood the interview just the opposite.

#2294 10 months ago
Quoted from dts:

For me it is less distracting and adds great atmosphere. You literally never have to look up during the game, which increases focus during gameplay. Also, there are things you'd miss if you had to look up. As one example, in Combat Drop mode on Aliens, when you hit standup targets, individual characters briefly pop up on the screen, not long enough to reference to the backbox. Lots of other examples as well. But at the end of the day, this is Alien. You're still playing a masterpiece of pinball.

Yea i cant possibly see how the backbox is better than the PF screen. Also, immersion.

#2295 10 months ago

At one point, pinball didnt have flippers, people were used to that too!
Also, have you never lost track of a ball on the pf when looking up for information? I know I have. Maybe we should think of the backbox as being redundant!!

#2296 10 months ago

I hope the LV comes with a playfield display. If everybody jumps from the SE to the LV then that means I will get my SE sooner.
I haven't heard anything that convinces me the playfield display is necessary. I have played the game and always thought the playfield display was redundant. Maybe I need more time on the game, I don't know. Iv'e been wrong before ; )
I don't have any problem looking up a the backbox while playing. It's really not hard, been doing it for years. lol

I’m pretty sure on the Cointaker website it says you can’t transfer your deposit to the LV correct?

#2297 10 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At one point, pinball didnt have flippers, people were used to that too!

Seriously? This isn't groundbreaking shit. It's just a display on the playfield. It's convenient, that's it.

#2298 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Anyway, as some already said, completely unwaranted given how sales are going, so they made the right choice not wasting resources on a pointless gameplay demo.

Sales? they have sold nothing. Refundable deposits have been made with local distributors. Its not like Heighway where people were sending them money directly. They could do a gameplay vid without spending anything, and no such thing as a pointless gameplay demo when ur trying to create a buzz on a new pin release.

#2299 10 months ago

I thought PB said no deposits were required? You also need a deposit in Europe (where the game costs 8000 euros which is 9700 USD).

On a side note: PB have just redone the electronics (again) and if you see that experienced and big companies like Stern and JJP also have (big) issues once in a while (with new platforms or boards especially) then why is everybody expecting this is going to be a perfect pinball on launch and throwing again all this pre order money at them? Wait and see.

Has anyone gotten their lost pre order money back from Heighway? I haven't seen anyone confirming this.

#2300 10 months ago
Quoted from Faust:

I thought PB said no deposits were required? You also need a deposit in Europe (where the game costs 8000 euros which is 9700 USD).
On a side note: PB have just redone the electronics (again) and if you see that experienced and big companies like Stern and JJP also have (big) issues once in a while (with new platforms or boards especially) then why is everybody expecting this is going to be a perfect pinball on launch and throwing again all this pre order money at them? Wait and see.
Has anyone gotten their lost pre order money back from Heighway? I haven't seen anyone confirming this.

It's been covered multiple times, but:

1. Preorders are to the distributors only and refundable $1k+shipping
2. Old pre-orders are getting voucher for aprox half value to put towards this or other

There really is no risk to ordering at this point as they are not getting the money up front.

There are 4,060 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 82.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside