20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 82.
#2201 3 years ago

I played one, and yeah, it wasn't bad. And clearly most people who played Alien say it is very good if not one of the best. Sad that things went how they did. They clearly had some talent.

#2202 3 years ago

I'm hearing rumblings about an Alien news/update shortly......

#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hearing rumblings about an Alien news/update shortly......

I hope you’re right!

#2205 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well kind of. Lets say the first batch comes in the spring and then by Xmas they are selling well, working well and it looks like everything is on track. That's the time for me to buy. After Alien and Predator and Dutch and what ever is happening with that other company with John P. I just can't.

I talked with Cointaker today and was told to expect mine this month. If and when I get it ,then I will post some pics for everyone.

#2206 3 years ago

How is that even possible unless they are already on a boat?

And...I'm not really sure why everyone keeps bugging Cointaker. They'll update you when they know more.

#2207 3 years ago

To whoever backed out of their Q1 SE to switch to an LE last week (probably minutes before I happened to see one in stock on the CT page), thank you

#2208 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How is that even possible unless they are already on a boat?
And...I'm not really sure why everyone keeps bugging Cointaker. They'll update you when they know more.

This was all in the interview it just seems some types of people didn't believe the timeframes they were talking about, or just assumed they were making up random stuff, or whatever. If what they said was accurate then the first trial batch from Pedretti was in boxes before Christmas.

They also did say first batch at cointaker in January. So, yeah, not like it's a surprise to anyone whom actually listened to the interview and took it for face value.

#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

This was all in the interview it just seems some types of people didn't believe the timeframes they were talking about, or just assumed they were making up random stuff, or whatever. If what they said was accurate then the first trial batch from Pedretti was in boxes before Christmas.
They also did say first batch at cointaker in January. So, yeah, not like it's a surprise to anyone whom actually listened to the interview and took it for face value.

I listened to it, and in no way did they say they had games made and on their way. Yes, they said January in a very....brushed off way, but i missed anything about boxes before Christmas. If that is the case, why are we not seeing anything regarding the new games. Videos, pictures of an actual game, etc. All we've seen is teases of parts, and what appears to be a mock up of the game still image. That is kind of concerning.

It also is kind of annoying that if that IS the case, that they haven't figured out what is going in the LV, but..that's first world problems.

#2210 3 years ago

I'm puzzled as to why there aren't any gameplay videos of a pinball brothers build. Certainly at least one had to get assembled first before they committed to production.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I listened to it, and in no way did they say they had games made and on their way. Yes, they said January in a very....brushed off way, but i missed anything about boxes before Christmas. If that is the case, why are we not seeing anything regarding the new games. Videos, pictures of an actual game, etc. All we've seen is teases of parts, and what appears to be a mock up of the game still image. That is kind of concerning.
It also is kind of annoying that if that IS the case, that they haven't figured out what is going in the LV, but..that's first world problems.

Of course they did not say they had games in boxes and on their way. Neither did I. I quoted words from early December, then extrapolated that basically to say they would have reasonably been boxed by Christmas.

They said, in early December this was, in response to the question "are there games in boxes?" ... that "No games in boxes yet" then (paraphrasing) 'but the first batch is not far from going into boxes'. Followed by "Early in January" to see games at Cointaker ... which I simply stated that as January. Makes sense as the timeframes are fair for shipping to fit with that.

Everybody hears different things, sure. But I relistened to it several times over, in entirety. Also at Normal Speed not 2x or 3x like some people do. One can not pick up everything if listening at such garbled confusing speeds.

So if you're building a container of games, lets say 40, and they are say half built early in December... pretty incompetent to not have those in boxes by Christmas. Wouldn't you think?

They Are an experienced game manufacturer. Seems pretty reasonable to say their "deadline" would have been Christmas.

To me all the negative assumption and vitriol by some is just... meh. Whatever. Be negative and miserable then Lol

Anyway, makes no difference to me really. Just pointing out what was actually said, in English, without interpreting it around subjective assumptions too much.

#2212 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Perhaps they are gauging the response for the standard before deciding on the production of LVs. Seems smart not to undermine their sales of standard games. With any luck, these forums are influencing their decisions, such as putting a screen in the playfield.

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Of course they did not say they had games in boxes and on their way. Neither did I. I quoted words from early December, then extrapolated that basically to say they would have reasonably been boxed by Christmas.
They said, in early December this was, in response to the question "are there games in boxes?" ... that "No games in boxes yet" then (paraphrasing) 'but the first batch is not far from going into boxes'. Followed by "Early in January" to see games at Cointaker ... which I simply stated that as January. Makes sense as the timeframes are fair for shipping to fit with that.
Everybody hears different things, sure. But I relistened to it several times over, in entirety. Also at Normal Speed not 2x or 3x like some people do. One can not pick up everything if listening at such garbled confusing speeds.
So if you're building a container of games, lets say 40, and they are say half built early in December... pretty incompetent to not have those in boxes by Christmas. Wouldn't you think?
They Are an experienced game manufacturer. Seems pretty reasonable to say their "deadline" would have been Christmas.
To me all the negative assumption and vitriol by some is just... meh. Whatever. Be negative and miserable then Lol
Anyway, makes no difference to me really. Just pointing out what was actually said, in English, without interpreting it around subjective assumptions too much.

I'm not complaining, I just think it is unlikely given what was said, but who knows. The sooner the better. It is just odd that they have barely said a word since the announcement, and no gameplay videos, or anything at all for a game they are actively trying to sell. Even RAZA had more marketing.

#2214 3 years ago

You would think they have at least 1 game made tho. Show it off so you can sell it would be my number one priority. Just wait and see I guess.

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm puzzled as to why there aren't any gameplay videos of a pinball brothers build. Certainly at least one had to get assembled first before they committed to production.

Because, as I have found out in the BL thread, pinside is a small part of the pinball world and should be discounted.

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not complaining, I just think it is unlikely given what was said, but who knows. The sooner the better. It is just odd that they have barely said a word since the announcement, and no gameplay videos, or anything at all for a game they are actively trying to sell. Even RAZA had more marketing.

Yes indeed Lol ... but, whom would want to be a Derproot? ..... PB will do well with "A little less conversation, a little more Action!". They've said their bit. Now heads down bums up!

I'm assuming here of course, that they were smart enough to only really make claims that they could back up with actions. Perhaps a reason why some things seemed to be talked around rather carefully... some giveaway sort of words in there on the subject too, really.

Also, RAZA didn't already have production of 200 or so games that essentially played well (that is basically B/W proto kind of numbers) . Yes a bug here or there, but interested people already know the layout gameplay, which I'm guessing is why they emphasised they are sticking mostly with the original games layout that was devised by Nordman there, but just improving the one or two clunky bits maybe, along with adding the 3 features, and describing how no PF display can still inform the player via new inserts in the display position. They don't need to waste effort with early gameplay vids. Sales back up that theory.

I didn't think you were complaining. I do see a photo shoot image when examining the image closely though, not a rendering. However unlikely, I was just talking about what they did say in the interview, and trying to highlight some things they did not say. Time to time some wild assumptions get mixed into random posts. I was sharing what I heard in the interview. I didn't single you out or even mean to imply that I was complaining, quoting was just intended to relate to your question marks, which I am a fan of question marks.

I thought I roughly implied just that I don't get the negativity.

"meh ... whatever" ?

#2217 3 years ago

pedretti5 (resized).jpgpedretti5 (resized).jpg

melissa discusses potential VE upgrades with prospective buyers, while the couple behind her anxiously await delivery of their SE.

#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

[quoted image]
melissa discusses potential VE upgrades with prospective buyers, while the couple behind her anxiously await delivery of their SE.

Should have held off on this, in case it did actually fail. As of today, not really relevant. Shot your load early bro...

#2219 3 years ago

How was the sound system in the original HWP version? I'm assuming that the PB version will be the same.

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

How was the sound system in the original HWP version? I'm assuming that the PB version will be the same.

original system was really good. The original game was just a little .....unreliable at times. Imo.
The lighting was also ver dark. I liked it that way. Fit the theme but some people didn’t.
Gameplay and code was spectacular. Probably the most immersive game I ever played.

#2221 3 years ago

It is exceptionally good, among the best I've ever heard. Not sure if they are using the same system but if so, it will be amazing. David Thiel even weighed in on how to fine tune the amplifier:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/503#post-5146963

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It is exceptionally good, among the best I've ever heard. Not sure if they are using the same system but if so, it will be amazing. David Thiel even weighed in on how to fine tune the amplifier:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/503#post-5146963

Thanks for posting that link - hope they use the same set up or if not get David to work out the best settings on the new system for optimal audio

#2223 3 years ago

High end quality assurance with a great impact:

Pretty convincing, although I think there were some scratches after the hit !!!

#2224 3 years ago

Yeah doesn’t look like the art is going to delaminate on that playfield.

#2225 3 years ago

It’s the best of any of my current machines awesome sound system

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

High end quality assurance with a great impact:

Pretty convincing, although I think there were some scratches after the hit !!!

Hope that's not my playfield!

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Hope that's not my playfield!

That's going on the Nuked From Orbit Edition.

#2228 3 years ago

Alien Pinball Breaking News! (for you LV-LE-CV seekers):

Evidently interest in the Limited Edition Alien pin has reached a surprising new level. CoinTaker needed to add a $1.00 placeholder charge to their website just for people who wish to demonstrate their interest in it because the LV list they are keeping has become overwhelming. I immediately sent the $1.00 payment with PayPal thinking something had changed and the list was started over for the planned upcoming 500 LV's.

Just out of curiosity I called this morning and Melissa said they just recently added the $1.00 charge on the website because the list they were keeping has grown such that it was becoming unwieldly. However from what I understand if your name is already logged on their Official LV List everything is still fine with your spot to be contacted for the initial Limited Edition deposit.

The new LE $1.00 payment descriptor states: This is for the our "I am interested in purchasing a Alien Limited Version" list.

https://cointaker.com/products/alien-limited-version-interest-list

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Stern doesn't release gameplay videos before the game is coming out, maybe they are following their way of doing it?

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Alien Pinball Breaking News! (for you LV-LE-CV seekers):
Evidently interest in the Limited Edition Alien pin has reached a surprising new level. CoinTaker needed to add a $1.00 placeholder charge to their website just for people who wish to demonstrate their interest in it because the LV list they are keeping has become overwhelming. I immediately sent the $1.00 payment with PayPal thinking something had changed and the list was started over for the planned upcoming 500 LV's.
Just out of curiosity I called this morning and Melissa said they just recently added the $1.00 charge on the website because the list they were keeping has grown such that it was becoming unwieldly. However from what I understand if your name is already logged on their Official LV List everything is still fine with your spot to be contacted for the initial Limited Edition deposit.
The new LE $1.00 payment descriptor states: This is for the our "I am interested in purchasing a Alien Limited Version" list.
https://cointaker.com/products/alien-limited-version-interest-list

Thanks I am in for an SE but you never know they might have some stuff on the LV that you just can’t live without lol.

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Stern doesn't release gameplay videos before the game is coming out, maybe they are following their way of doing it?

Add to that This game has been out for Years already with hundreds of videos showing game play? Will a revised cabinet change much of the play?

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Add to that This game has been out for Years already with hundreds of videos showing game play? Will a revised cabinet change much of the play?

IMO, proof of life with gameplay footage from a first time company would go a long way to boost consumer confidence. Not to mention it be nice to see all the enhancements and how they ended up implementing the weapons display in lieu of a playfield screen.

#2233 3 years ago

It would be nice to know what is included on the Sv so that we could decide which version to order.

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

[quoted image]

That post is pretty lame actually.

#2235 3 years ago

I feel like the people saying 'why would you want that?' have no f'ng clue what they are talking about, since yes, there ARE changes. Lots of changes.

#2236 3 years ago

Build the games and get them out there, we need to see it, we need demos and reviews and if as promised this thing will snowball. Everything else is crap.

#2237 3 years ago

No promises but I'm thinking gameplay is coming soon.

#2238 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No promises but I'm thinking gameplay is coming soon.

gee, ya really think so!? derrrp! I will go out on that limb even further... I GUARANTEE there will eventually be a gameplay vid coming out.... soon. these posts of people trying to be the "first one to say it" are getting redundant! lemme guess you have an inside scoop but aren't gonna say who it is!

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

gee, ya really think so!? derrrp! I will go out on that limb even further... I GUARANTEE there will eventually be a gameplay vid coming out.... soon. these posts of people trying to be the "first one to say it" are getting redundant! lemme guess you have an inside scoop but aren't gonna say who it is!

Good grief man! Did delt31 piss in your Cheerios this morning or something?

#2240 3 years ago

nope..sorry, but it's petty damn obvious that there will be gameplay video. just don't understand why people pretend to have an inside scoop on this kinda stuff.

#2241 3 years ago

I have a scoop that pretty soon someone is gonna have a scoop as to when there will be a gameplay video...I think...

#2242 3 years ago

I have a scoop on nearly every pin.

#2243 3 years ago

I also heard from a guy who knows a guy who promised not to tell another guy that they already know what the second game is gonna be. The first guy is credible too.. his guy has an inside guy who is sworn to secrecy tho

#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Good grief man! Did delt31 piss in your Cheerios this morning or something?

also, how the hell did u know I had cheerios this morning!!..do u got a guy?

#2245 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

also, how the hell did u know I had cheerios this morning!!..do u got a guy?

I have an inside scoop, but I’m not gunna say who it is...

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

nope..sorry, but it's petty damn obvious that there will be gameplay video. just don't understand why people pretend to have an inside scoop on this kinda stuff.

I have 2 scoops of heavenly hash in a waffle cone.

#2247 3 years ago

One good thing about Andy Heighway, he loved to get gameplay vids out early. He had me shoot gameplay vids on broken prototypes, which required masterful editing skills to make it look good.

Watch this video which shows the raw cut and my final edit of the original Alien promotional video.

Gotta say, if you have a finished product....SHOW THE DAMN WORLD ALREADY! Not showing anything means: you either have no confidence in your product, or it's not ready.

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Gotta say, if you have a finished product....SHOW THE DAMN WORLD ALREADY! Not showing anything means: you either have no confidence in your product, or it's not ready.

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

One good thing about Andy Heighway, he loved to get gameplay vids out early. He had me shoot gameplay vids on broken prototypes, which required masterful editing skills to make it look good.
Watch this video which shows the raw cut and my final edit of the original Alien promotional video.

Interesting how much the playfield LCD is featured in this video. It really is puzzling that they left out a central feature. It's easy to level, like the window on Congo/Creature/Lebowski, and mylar overlay on the screen and edges protects from scratches/chips. It is much more important than the spinning disc in JJPOTC imo. In some modes, you wouldn't have enough time to look up at the screen to see what is going on during gameplay. No doubt, there will mods to address this.

#2250 3 years ago

I would think that these days the hardware cost of such things (center pf, and large backbox lcd) would be lower, but production costs and other part costs are higher than they were in 2017. I imagine the removal of the center, and smaller bb screen was to offset some of that cost (and probably cheaper motherboard as less outputs needed) which was transferred to the stability improvements, the ball lock, the magnet. However, I can't imagine they saved that much money by making those screen changes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/45?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.