20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 82.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

This is pretty close to that:
Who would have thought.

Sooo.....that was creepy.

#102 5 years ago

Nostradamus just withdrew his story that TBL was going back into production:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-heard-that-the-big-lebowski-is-actually-coming-out-/page/3#post-4892594

Wonder if his CGC Alien rumor was subject to the same strict scrutiny before he went live with it?

#103 5 years ago

Who's to say Pinball Brothers doesn't have the license, and CGC is just contract assembling them?

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Who's to say Pinball Brothers doesn't have the license, and CGC is just contract assembling them?

If this were to actually happen, there's no reason CGC would have to hold a license if it were a contract job, just like Stern never held the license to make MM.

#105 5 years ago

Only the penchant man shall pass...

#106 5 years ago

Maybe Kaneda is wanting an Alien and podcasted some misinformation to get the price down?

I agree with others that there are safer routes to make money for CGC than building Alien. I don’t see how Pinball Bros could ever be involved without lawsuits and restitution claims.

But FWIW - it did turn out to be a great game. I own one and love it - I don’t want to sell it even at the current 17k rate. If they remake it - cool - more people can enjoy it.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

So you're saying that Spooky has predicted that the world is going to go up in a ball of fire and piss soon ... and they wanted to jump into the rumor mill by releasing that pin! You heard it here first ... Spooky has predicted the end of the world by releasing TNA ... amazing.

FUNNY... I'm hoping you realized I was using that pinball title as a joke! LOL

But you just never know what is going to happen right? I'm sure if there is a NUKE war the only thing left standing on planet earth will be a TNA machine. LOL

Not a fan of the game but I'm sure based on theme alone it would be immune to the blast. LOL

#108 5 years ago

I've still got lots of bad memories going through that fiasco, but all the BS aside, it is still a great game. Just a few issues to address on the remodel...

1) Put it in a standard widebody cabinet
2) Just one standard LCD, and move it from the playfield to the backbox where it belongs.
3) New boards with more robust parts
4) Add standard GI spotlights for the dark areas
5) With LCD removed & more space on the playfield, create a new killer Alien art package that this game deserves. And go for broke & get Ripley's likeness rights for the artwork. Andrew was never truthful about any of that BS.

Watch the orders come in. We shall see I guess.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why not:
Re-engineering and redesigning that entire lemon to 1) actually work, and 2) fit into a standard WPC cabinet is an expensive and time-consuming proposition.
The question is not "why not," it's "why?" Why would they do that when they have at least 10 years worth of profitable re-makes of 90s games ahead of them?
Maybe FIFTEEN YEARS worth of 90s remakes, as others have pointed out SS, TOTAN, WWater etc. are all viable.
You haven't even tried to answer that.

Agreed, I don’t believe it. Potential market is a few hundred games. Not worth it for CGC who is busy building B/W remakes for another five years.

ps -I could see a need to up the license if .... someone planned to create a digital version of Alien for online sale. that rumor is free of charge.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Potential market is a few hundred games.

#111 5 years ago

Faster than a speeding bullshit.
More powerful than a loco Montana.
Able to jump tall guns in a single bound...

What I'm saying is, I hadn't heard a peep about this myself before an hour or so ago.

#112 5 years ago

funny thing. I mentioned Alien was my GOAT and ....Kaneda said Alien could never be considered a great game because it didn’t include any likeness of sigourney weaver nor is the rest of the cast shown in video and no theme song. For those reasons the game was a FAIL, presumably a horrible mess. Also since it supposedly never sold well, meant it wasn’t that good. It couldn’t be, right?

One week later ... swapping out for b/w parts, redesigning mech’s and asking a company to build a widebody pin for the first time is a wonderful idea. No changes on the weaver and cast front, and the software and code is done - but Alien will be a great pin. Whereas Andrew could hardly sell and build 125 Alien games, the market craves them by the hundreds for the same price (which was $9k delivered). :-/t=

ok call me stupid. The Dude says when something smells fishy in Denmark, it means K is full of shit. I’d call this strike 2, and if so ... it’s the end of Kaneda as we know him.

#113 5 years ago

So, K now says CGC will make Queen as well!

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

funny thing. I mentioned Alien was my GOAT and ..Kaneda said it could never be considered a great game because it didn’t have S Weaver nor cast likeness in video. For that reason alone the game was a FAIL Presumably it was a horrible mess. Also since it never sold well, somehow meant it wasn’t that good. One week later it seems Alien is a great game and by swapping out mechs, redesigning everything and having a company build a widebody pin for the first time - it became a great idea. Whereas the market could barely absorb the 125 Alien games built by the first bankruptcy, it now craves them by the hundreds if offer price is the same. ok call me stupid. The Dude says something is fishy in Denmark AND K is often full of shit.

Whether true or not I think people are undervaluing the fact that CGC has a robust dealer network and can build pinball machines at scale. I had no interest in Alien but if CGC could produce a Pro model at $6500 I think it would tempt lots of people by theme alone... basically the Stern business model.

#115 5 years ago

Obviously I'd want a mechanically revised and refined Alien put back in the market; it would mean money for me, finally. But the confirmation point would be a deal made concerning my design rights to the game, since the work is not paid for. This has not happened.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Obviously I'd want a mechanically revised and refined Alien put back in the market; it would mean money for me, finally. But the confirmation point would be a deal made concerning my design rights to the game, since the work is not paid for. This has not happened.

I hope your looking for a good lawyer

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Well, after listening to the K-man himself say not only that he is "100% positive" this is happening, but also added the machines are about 30 days out from being ready. we won't have to wait long to see if its true.

Too funny. They are still making MBR. No time frame even if it were true.

Quoted from Beechwood:

If he is wrong, he will have absolutely zero credibility.

Labowski didn't already do that ?

LTG : )

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Money owed to you by Andrew, UK company went to creditors from Norway, Sweden, Germany etc, LTD company formed in the UK, now the game will supposedly be made in the US, all new mechanics using Bally/Williams components and redesign as there is a new playfield coming in a new cabinet formfactor

I say good luck with that. You will need an internationally versed law firm, they will prolly ask for at least 10k down minimum for anyone to start as much as read through your contract to test your claim before anything is done to begin with. Where will you file? UK? Sweden? Germany? USA? Norway? Even the UK LTD is "protected"by further Ltd's down the line in the respective countries.

The distribution of shares in Pinball Brothers Limited is as follows:
Roger Svanevik and Cato Paus Skrede (Through the Norwegian company “Umbrella Corporation AS): 47.77%
Mats Daniel Janson and Johan Patrik Tenn (Through the Swedish company White Walker AB): 25.04%
Alexander Spohr: 16.2% (let's not forget that Xytanics GmbH is located in Germany, representing Spohr, another Umbrella/Ltd)
Jutta Spohr: 1.58%
Stefan Riedler: 4.22%
Philip Young: 0.53%
Angus Bailey: 4.66%

Tenn dropped out a short while ago.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yeah.. that 30 day statement made me feel as though he was dipping into the bourbon early today.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Only the penchant man shall pass...

Penitent.

#122 5 years ago

Looks like kaneda has not only removed the big lewbowski podcast but now the alien one is removed too. Hmmmmmmm

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks like kaneda has not only removed the big lewbowski podcast but now the alien one is removed too. Hmmmmmmm

Listened to it just before it was pulled. Unfortunately, I didn't download it.

#124 5 years ago

Sad thing is next time he makes up more stuff, 8 threads will go crazy talking about it. No one will learn.

But I guess that’s the point. Gossip and drama make for more viewers.

#125 5 years ago

Well CGC is known for reproducing high priced games to kill the value of originals soooooo....

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Sad thing is next time he makes up more stuff, 8 threads will go crazy talking about it. No one will learn.
But I guess that’s the point. Gossip and drama make for more viewers.

Gossip and rumors are what keeps pinside interesting. Could the rumors be true? Sure. Not many people know the truth and we won’t know for a while. I hope the rumors are true, I hope the guys screwed by Dutch pinball can get their pins. I hope alien is remade so more people can enjoy it.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Well CGC is known for reproducing high priced games to kill the value of originals soooooo....

Yep, thats why they are reproducing them. Solely to kill the value of originals. Those rascals.

#128 5 years ago

Jeez, a cgc Alien.. I miss the layout.

#129 5 years ago

But, what if Kaneda was right and C.....A.....T actually does spells DOG.

I lay up at night thinking about these things.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Gossip and rumors are what keeps pinside interesting. Could the rumors be true? Sure. Not many people know the truth and we won’t know for a while. I hope the rumors are true, I hope the guys screwed by Dutch pinball can get their pins. I hope alien is remade so more people can enjoy it.

Hah touché!

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lets see if Kanada back tracks on his predictions.. If he is wrong Or having a Jesse Smollett moment it would not be good!Not good at all!!

Magic Girl shipping at TPF? What’s next.

If kanada is correct than we all have some great pins the choose from in 2019-20!! Hope so!!

#132 5 years ago

A lemon it is definitely not....took a bit to get it solid, and wish they hadn't done a few things (USB connectivity for the boards is the biggie, now that PETG plastic sets can be had on occasion). It's not a game for the timid due to lack of spare parts, no schematics, etc., but can say it absolutely blows away anything else I own...if it were to ever have gotten a few polish code updates, along with final engineered hardware revs, nothing could touch it. Mines very, very functional and a blast to play in current state.

Very fortunate to have acquired some amazing, fun games over the years (love them all), and then there is Alien...is what it is.

( can't vote as I have no idea)

#133 5 years ago

Hahaha. Whoever trolled Kaneda into these announcements is a gentlemen and scholar. Well done.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hahaha. Whoever trolled Kaneda into these announcements is a gentlemen and scholar. Well done.

Looks like a Hilton tattoo on the rear.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Lets see if Kanada back tracks on his predictions.. If he is wrong Or having a Jesse Smollett moment it would not be not be good!Not good at all!!
Magic Girl shipping at TPF? What’s next.
If kanada is correct than we all have some great pins the choose from in 2019-20!! Hope so!!

I can't believe he came out with the TBL story based on one guy's gossip. The other podcaster can have their own laugh track now....

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Looks like a Hilton tattoo on the butt.

Technically he’s supposed to stop the podcast. But we all know that ain’t going to happen.

#137 5 years ago

What’s a pinball podcast go for these days on the Pinside marketplace?
Looks like this character is trying to pump and dump his fast.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

about 10 years worth of them, EASILY.
TOM
CV
TAF
TZ
IJ
CC
Would all sell plenty without the hassles of trying to turn Alien into a functioning, reliable machine they can sell to people.

I don't believe TAF or IJ being done

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

What’s a pinball podcast go for these days on the Pinside marketplace?
Looks like this character is trying to pump and dump his fast.

$10k by Christmas

#140 5 years ago

Just 29 more days till they ship me that Alien!

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

You don't have enough hands to count how many times he said "100% confirmed" and its happening.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He did say it was 100% guaranteed.

Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't have enough hands to count how many times he said "100% confirmed" and its happening.

He promised to end his podcast if he was proved wrong. I assume he has some credible source, but it seems time will tell if it’s true or false

#143 5 years ago

I may have to go on the Podcast again to get to the bottom of this!

#144 5 years ago

All the rumours are true. I know because I heard rumours.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I may have to go on the Podcast again to get to the bottom of this!

Please do.

#146 5 years ago

He did say he would fold his podcast if the news wasn’t true.

#147 5 years ago

Cgc doing alien ? I doubt it . They are doing classics mmr, amfr, mbr, etc why would they get involved making alien ? It’s a great game but it’s horror theme just doesn’t match with what cgc does

#148 5 years ago

And K is 11 days too early to claim an April fool

The tattoo with Hilton on his butt, will be too funny

Butt, he won't do it, will he???

#149 5 years ago
63EF2FA3-41C8-435D-A5E3-38BE67235761 (resized).png63EF2FA3-41C8-435D-A5E3-38BE67235761 (resized).png
#150 5 years ago

"So now they’re bankrupt and defunct and some guys called the pinball brothers own it and are trying to find new companies to produce it??"

Heighway Pinball is in a liquidation phase still. Pinball Brothers is a "separate" company, owned by the same people who owns Heighway. They organized business this way in order to avoid having to actually deliver games to all the people who pre-ordered and pre-paid for Alien. Nice way to get a clean start, but quite possibly not legal. As one of the people burnt (fully pre-paid Alien; lesson learnt), I'm very seriously considering finding a good UK lawyer to pursue this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/3?hl=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.