20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 82.
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Save almost 2 weeks to east coast. No canal needed and cheaper.

For sure, my only experience is shipping container pins to Seattle from Italy, I'd think based on watching our boats do their trek that it would be a week less. The longest part of the journey is getting to the Atlantic, the ships usually spend a few weeks stopping to load and unload at ports before they head accross the ocean. If you have the container info, it's fun to watch them on ship tracking websites.

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I did reserve a spot but I do have my reservations on the look of the turret art. It does look a little copy and paste, I hope the final version looks a little more complete with the style of the rest of the game kind of does stick out like a sore thumb but I owned an original and the gameplay is one of the best which is why I am onboard for the remake.

Aren't the white turrets like an insert that lights up during play modes? Like the white inserts in between them?

I'm thinking they must have lighting underneath or the muzzel flash in front of each wouldn't be white but colored yellow. Right?

#1853 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Wait what? Are there sirens or speakers contained inside the beacons? Or do you mean it's noisy via the code when the beacons are active?
If there's a noise maker in the beacons that can't be adjusted for volume control I wonder if using a gob of tape or some other material would quiet it down. ???

My geared beacons are totally silent, but 24v motors.

#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Aren't the white turrets like an insert that lights up during play modes? Like the white inserts in between them?

That's the ammo clip for Sentry Guns, shoot off one on each orbit. Shots add ammo, Sentry Guns Multiball qualifies after 1000 rounds are built up. Only multiball that is stackable, but it can only stack by starting it during another MB. See vids above.

#1855 3 years ago

What is the sound system like on these? I didn't see that there are any real changes coming there. Decent?

#1856 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'm thinking they must have lighting underneath or the muzzel flash in front of each wouldn't be white but colored yellow. Right?

Yes

#1857 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The beacons are cheaply made Chinese crap. They are incredibly loud when they rotate.

There's a fix for it on the Aliens owners thread that involves adding grommets.

#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What is the sound system like on these? I didn't see that there are any real changes coming there. Decent?

Second video has the better mic pickup... and more modes ... shaky video at start.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/37#post-6025228

My geared beacons came silent without rubber insulators. Depends which ones you get maybe.

#1859 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That's the ammo clip for Sentry Guns, shoot off one on each orbit. Shots add ammo, Sentry Guns Multiball qualifies after 1000 rounds are built up. Only multiball that is stackable, but it can only stack by starting it during another MB. See vids above.

Sentry guns, not turrets, thankyou. The new ones that replaced the playfield screen with the 2 columns of 5 white insert boxes between them. They're not in the videos with the playfield screen. That's a separate muzzel flash insert in front of each at the barrel tip, right? All that lights up with colored lights from underneath, right? I think we might be talking about different things.

Sentry Guns (resized).jpgSentry Guns (resized).jpg
#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Sentry guns, not turrets, thankyou. The new ones that replaced the playfield screen with the 2 columns of 5 white insert boxes between them. They're not in the videos with the playfield screen. That's a separate muzzel flash insert in front of each at the barrel tip, right? All that lights up with colored lights from underneath, right? I think we might be talking about different things. [quoted image]

Yea I wished they added a little splash of color but maybe it’s lit from leds?

#1861 3 years ago

Thanks. Are games going to ship looking like that? It almost looks like it wasn't finished yet in the published flyer. It does seem out of place but I guess with the game turned on and lighting underneath it would look better.

Sentry Guns (resized).jpgSentry Guns (resized).jpg
#1862 3 years ago

Beacons can also be greased to make them silent too.

Beacons are awesome and really add to the look. I'm sure they can be added to this one... We'll see

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Wait what? Are there sirens or speakers contained inside the beacons? Or do you mean it's noisy via the code when the beacons are active?

Cheap sloppy plastic gear noise. They sound like a grinding mixer

#1864 3 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Agreed. I'm sure there is a yellow LED under the muzzle flashes or those inserts will be yellow with a white LED underneath for the muzzle flash.
And those white sentry guns - ??? Probably unfinished in the advertising flyer?

#1865 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Sentry guns, not turrets, thankyou. The new ones that replaced the playfield screen with the 2 columns of 5 white insert boxes between them. They're not in the videos with the playfield screen. That's a separate muzzel flash insert in front of each at the barrel tip, right? All that lights up with colored lights from underneath, right? I think we might be talking about different things. [quoted image]

Nope if you watch the vids, the sentry guns when it is made the entire screen does the flashing instead of a little insert. No Sentry Gun "magazine bars" for the display version... when you have a PF screen the actual detailed ammo count number/progress is in the large boxes as an actual number, main playfield display, upper right quadrant. Using inserts the effect is still present but much reduced in detail. Maybe easier to see progress if you do not know where to look, but that is all that could be an "improvement" for insert sentry guns.

Those white insert stacks (ammo clip for the sentry guns) are just worth 200 rounds per square, unmissable, but without showing the exact detailed count.

#1866 3 years ago

When will we see a real flipping game of this remake?

#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Agreed, I'm thinking the pics from the flyers are place holders. I hope. Maybe all that white imagery that replaced the playfield screen is just missing colored insert lenses.

#1868 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Nope if you watch the vids, the sentry guns when it is made the entire screen does the flashing instead of a little insert. No Sentry Gun "magazine bars" for the display version... when you have a PF screen the actual detailed ammo count number/progress is in the large boxes as an actual number, main playfield display, upper right quadrant. Using inserts the effect is still present but much reduced in detail. Maybe easier to see progress if you do not know where to look, but that is all that could be an "improvement" for insert sentry guns.

Ok I get it. Is the airlock screen giving ammo count numbers or is it on to something else during these events?

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Agreed, I'm thinking the pics from the flyers are place holders. I hope. Maybe all that white imagery that replaced the playfield screen is just missing the colored insert lenses.

I don't think that will happen. The screen going wouldn't be anywhere near as rough if what filled the space matched the theme and didn't contrast or clash so much with virtually every other area of the game. The Sentry Guns on the playfield should be coloured in, differentiating them from the completely unrelated 5 "weapons" inserts.

That is the too much white, the Sentry Guns themselves. Just the white bar magazine stacks on their own would have been okay. The way it is might make the player assume "Sentry Guns" is another one of the weapons you use as well, when it is not.

The inserts will stay clear, but they would be RGB lit. Can only hope some of the white might get filled in somehow.

Sentry guns ammo progress is shown on the main playfield default display graphic, and you know you start it because the black and yellow "SAFE" to "ARMED" switchover fills the whole playfield screen...

#1870 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The inserts will stay clear, can only hope some of the white might get filled in somehow.

Yep, fingers crossed. I can see where using colored insert lenses defeat the purpose of using RGB lighting underneath. But for the ammo count blocks in the no playfield screen version what other color would be used other than green? Or were they yellow in the movies?

I guess if they turned red when your getting low on ammo that would be a nice effect.

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yep, fingers crossed. I can see where using colored insert lenses defeat the purpose of using RGB lighting underneath. But for the ammo count blocks in the no playfield screen version what other color would be used other than green? Or were they yellow in the movies?
I guess if they turned red when your getting low on ammo that would be a nice effect.

The idea is to burn out all the ammo at the orbits, then reload at Xeno and Scoop. Go again, as long as the MB lasts for you.

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Display based digital counter in the movies, just as is shown on the playfield display.

The playfield display was definately a significant part of the theme integration and using assets well... boldly, in your face.

I recommend the longer vid, it does show alot.

Hypersleep Multiball is one of my favorite modes.

#1873 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The idea is to burn out all the ammo at the orbits, then reload at Xeno and Scoop. Go again, as long as the MB lasts for you.

That's awesome, thank you. As you might have guessed I haven't got to play the game yet. Probably won't get to until I bring one home to learn on.

#1874 3 years ago

Interesting - not sure if this was posted before.
I was browsing this:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2020/12/18/alien-remake-announced/

And ran across this show room link:

http://www.pedrettigaming.it/en/chi-siamo

#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Interesting - not sure if this was posted before.
I was browsing this:
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2020/12/18/alien-remake-announced/
And ran across this show room link:
http://www.pedrettigaming.it/en/chi-siamo

The manufacturer.

#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The playfield display was definately a significant part of the theme integration and using assets well... boldly, in your face.

Agree, still hoping this makes it into the LE. Super solid, was looking at it earlier today. I put some Mylar over the top and it looks flush and well protected. Seems a lot of the future club members would like this!

BD7099AD-5C94-4799-B4DC-6B89D51A0DCB (resized).jpegBD7099AD-5C94-4799-B4DC-6B89D51A0DCB (resized).jpeg
#1877 3 years ago

The beacons work super silence if you just put grommets between.

DSCN8371 (resized).JPGDSCN8371 (resized).JPG

#1878 3 years ago

Mylar on top of the screen is a good idea, but the main issue will appear if the edges of the coating will break!
One of my first improvements and it works very well... putting the mylar on top of the playfield 10 mm over the edges of the monitor.

DSCN7235 (resized).JPGDSCN7235 (resized).JPG

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Agree, still hoping this makes it into the LE. Super solid, was looking at it earlier today. I put some Mylar over the top and it looks flush and well protected. Seems a lot of the future club members would like this!
[quoted image]

Would be fine if it was on the apron like in potc imo.

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Would be fine if it was on the apron like in potc imo.

Looking away, may as well not bother, or just sticking with the backbox is no different than on the apron. Ie. Away from the play area or out of normal playing view, and also way too small for the video effects to have any significant meaning. Not in your face anymore.

Imho. Apron display completely pointless for replacing anything that the PF display does in Alien here. Simply way too small now mostly, but also very inconvenient position which is as much of a setback as in the backbox. Complete waste of time.

Better off with 27" in the backbox so you get some flashing in the peripheral vision at least that isn't microscopic to try see.

#1881 3 years ago

Moved to Alien owners thread

#1882 3 years ago

Maybe better to complain in the member's thread?

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Beacons can also be greased to make them silent too.

Beacons are awesome and really add to the look. I'm sure they can be added to this one... We'll see

I'll tell ya I'm happy there's a nice lite version. Never liked the look of the beacons and don't want em. Big displays? not for me. Center PF screen? who cares. So for the price of a Stern Pre I can have an Alien pin how I like and that kind sirs is greatness. Really hoping in 6 months or a year from now this is a proven new company making a reliable and easily accessible Alien pin.

#1884 3 years ago

For sure the white blocks will have RGB leds underneath them. I'll miss the LCD monitor since it was a cool feature, but the LCD in the speaker panel will be more traditional and show the important info you need. At least the 180-200 current owners will always have something special. I don't ever see them making a new model with the playfield lcd embedded but at least hundreds more will get to experience and enjoy this game. Looking forward to playing it.

Quoted from Yipykya:

#1885 3 years ago

Edit: Quick response from Melissa at CT confirmed that the deposit is refundable.

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Mylar on top of the screen is a good idea, but the main issue will appear if the edges of the coating will break!
One of my first improvements and it works very well... putting the mylar on top of the playfield 10 mm over the edges of the monitor.
[quoted image]

Yes, that’s what I did, on your advice, covered the edges onto the playfield. I removed the screen to see how hard it is to level, very easy, like the playfield windows on Congo/CFTBL/TBL. This made me more puzzled by PB’s decision, as it would be easy to ship with Mylar over the screen and edges, and they said the costs were the same as what they did instead. Posted here to keep the idea out there as it seems PB hasn’t finalized everything on the LV shipping later in 2021.

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Yes, that’s what I did, on your advice, covered the edges onto the playfield. I removed the screen to see how hard it is to level, very easy, like the playfield windows on Congo/CFTBL/TBL. This made me more puzzled by PB’s decision, as it would be easy to ship with Mylar over the screen and edges, and they said the costs were the same as what they did instead.

From my extensive experience, owning alien since it was first released (CT first batch) it’s not the damage to the PF but the actual screen itself. In my earlier ones, the screen would change color after a while. I’ve even had to replace it completely which is why I buy backups but the quality of that screen after multiple uses and the heat in the game causes problems. They prob said if it’s just a mirror, let’s not deal with the hassle b/c it won’t be an if but a when with that PF screen itself (whether it’s damage to the PF, the screen working itself after multiple use or both).

For me, I would still rather have it and deal with that than not but for the majority and if I’m PB, it’s another hassle you don’t need to deal with. I actually think the sen guns and the weapon info is the smartest thing to replace b/c in the original, the weapons aren’t explained really well so this really puts a spotlight on it. I think both (screen or art) work

#1888 3 years ago

I had a playfield protector on, so I had no levelling issues with the PF monitor on my original Alien. However, some glue or some other type of debris (maybe wax, I do not know) was coming off from the edges of the playfield monitor, but it was easily cleaned by removing the monitor and wiping the debris via the opening away below the playfield protector. Also had the "red playfield monitor" phenomenon, but it was solved by securing the cable to the monitor - I do not remember, but it might have involved taking the monitor apart and securing the connection inside the monitor chassis. Anyway, as it was the same video mirrored from the backglass, I won't be missing it, the new inserts are fine and also the playfield graphics will be better now when one does not have to have the monitor there (which was there originally I believe due to the modular build of the Heighway games and inherited from Full Throttle).

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The beacons work super silence if you just put grommets between.
[quoted image]

Grease the gears. worked for me.

#1890 3 years ago

Ok just so people are aware and can stop thinking the old Aliens were a pain or something, the last batch that went out were fantastic. I have had only minimal issues, (honestly probably more problems with Stern or my JJP POTC then my alien). Here was a list of my issues:

1) Alien head was too tight, the tongue would seize, loosen a bolt done
2) level playfield .. done
3) my right lit cabinet panel was shattered during shipping.. got a replacement .. done
4) Alien tongue magnet fell off, re glued done

After it fell over and broke my leg:

5) siren replaced x 1 done
6) LED egg broken, replaced done

NO PLAYFIELD MONITOR ISSUES. Do I use the playfield monitor during play ? Yes! I dont look up at the main screen at all.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok just so people are aware and can stop thinking the old Aliens were a pain or something, the last batch that went out were fantastic. I have had only minimal issues, (honestly probably more problems with Stern or my JJP POTC then my alien). Here was a list of my issues:
3) my right lit cabinet panel was shattered during shipping.. got a replacement .. done
NO PLAYFIELD MONITOR ISSUES. Do I use the playfield monitor during play ? Yes! I dont look up at the main screen at all.

May I ask how it fell over? Never heard of a gaming falling over?

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'll tell ya I'm happy there's a nice lite version. Never liked the look of the beacons and don't want em. Big displays? not for me. Center PF screen? who cares. So for the price of a Stern Pre I can have an Alien pin how I like and that kind sirs is greatness. Really hoping in 6 months or a year from now this is a proven new company making a reliable and easily accessible Alien pin.

If you're paying $8200 USD for a Stern Premium I think you need a new distributor but maybe that's the going rate in Canada. This game is priced between premium and LE.

#1893 3 years ago

Why all the posts about Gen 1 reliability? Are they all going up for sale? Seems they are building a new game that will need to establish its own service track record so not sure I understand the justification feedback. My original MM was flawless granted I didn’t expect the MMr to be guaranteed the same.

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:If you're paying $8200 USD for a Stern Premium I think you need a new distributor but maybe that's the going rate in Canada. This game is priced between premium and LE.

13% tax my friend. A Stern Pre will cost u $10,500.

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why all the posts about Gen 1 reliability? Are they all going up for sale? Seems they are building a new game that will need to establish its own service track record so not sure I understand the justification feedback. My original MM was flawless granted I didn’t expect the MMr to be guaranteed the same.

I think this relates to a few previous posts re reliability of originals so people with reliable machines just putting their view also. My machine is 100% staying right here not for sale - ever. Oneangrymo is spot on . Mine was last batch LE and have had superb reliability for 2 years and 3 incredibly minor issues. An absolute blast for 2 years best machine in my collection. Hope the new Alien pin is great also.

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

May I ask how it fell over? Never heard of a gaming falling over?

I was using that stupid pinball lift w/ wheels and it became too top heavy and start tilting, then the whole thing came crashing on me. Be careful with that stupid cart!

You know what i found that works 100% better and is safer! Those carpet disc movers! Changed my life!

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh and I dont recall any of the heighway motorcycle people complaining about their playfield monitor.. at least I dont think I ready anyone saying anything bad.

#1898 3 years ago

By far the mode I'll miss on the PF screen was ambush where the motion sensor screen came up and you heard the sound of the motion tracked aliens getting closer. That was extremely well done, and I used it to gauge what shots were where on the PF without having to look at the way at the backbox or even the upper screen. And then when the alien showed up ready to bite at proximity alert....man....

There weren't many, many times I needed the PF screen or preferred it, but dang, that mode was EXTREMELY immersive with the screen right there staring back at you. Granted, last I really played it was August 2018, so maybe this has changed with code updates.

I need to stop checking this thread. Time has slowed to a infant's crawl since I saw it I knew I was selling Scared Stiff when I move to Ohio in March. I didn't know "why?" - now I do.

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

From my extensive experience, owning alien since it was first released (CT first batch) it’s not the damage to the PF but the actual screen itself. In my earlier ones, the screen would change color after a while. I’ve even had to replace it completely which is why I buy backups but the quality of that screen after multiple uses and the heat in the game causes problems. They prob said if it’s just a mirror, let’s not deal with the hassle b/c it won’t be an if but a when with that PF screen itself (whether it’s damage to the PF, the screen working itself after multiple use or both).
For me, I would still rather have it and deal with that than not but for the majority and if I’m PB, it’s another hassle you don’t need to deal with. I actually think the sen guns and the weapon info is the smartest thing to replace b/c in the original, the weapons aren’t explained really well so this really puts a spotlight on it. I think both (screen or art) work

That helps to understand why they removed it, less is more for PB in this case.

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was using that stupid pinball lift w/ wheels and it became too top heavy and start tilting, then the whole thing came crashing on me. Be careful with that stupid cart!
You know what i found that works 100% better and is safer! Those carpet disc movers! Changed my life!

OT: but I have to know, is this the cart you were using? If so it’s hard for me to imagine how it could fall over, I have been using this cart for years and it is rock solid! Even while moving a JJP wide body around.
50EDAC9D-E82D-4AFC-B3E2-1D31FFBEBA84 (resized).jpeg50EDAC9D-E82D-4AFC-B3E2-1D31FFBEBA84 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/38?hl=rgzpinx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.