20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 82.
#1751 3 years ago
CA3A1081-0A38-45A7-B986-9177CB0E6E38.jpegCA3A1081-0A38-45A7-B986-9177CB0E6E38.jpeg
#1752 3 years ago

Built in Italy and shipped to one distributor thus far? I'll be waiting at least a year to see how this plays out. I want one but no way I'm going in yet. Please don't follow my advice, be an early adopter. Send money and buy the pin, work out the kinks and lets get it rock solid with inventory in stock at the biggest distributors then I'll take the plunge.

#1753 3 years ago

Since we are on Alien topic any new movies planned? I liked Prometheus but it was a little confusing and slow. I really liked Alien Resurrection in 2017. Is there a new one planned?

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Since we are on Alien topic any new movies planned? I liked Prometheus but it was a little confusing and slow. I really liked Alien Resurrection in 2017. Is there a new one planned?

There’s only 2 Alien movies (I sortof like the third one), the rest were a fever dream.

#1755 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

My Avatar says he agrees with you. What about Alien Covenant? It wasn’t highly regarded by the masses but I think it is a superb, maybe even touching on genius, work of art. I think a knowledge of norse mythology and an appreciation of the history of Richard Vagner’s The Ring Cycle tie together with the main theme - the ultimate perfect artistic creation: David’s Alien. All the better that a Nordic company is making this new machine.

#1756 3 years ago

Wasn’t there another Alien planned after covenant? But it under performed compared to the studios expectations?

I wasn’t much of a fan of Prometheus or Covenant but the first 2 are all time classics! The directors cut of the 3rd is also pretty good it’s a shame the studio stepped in so much and screwed it up!

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

In a perfect world the LE would have the larger backbox display and the playfield display, but it's hard to see either after listening to the podcast. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it...will be a long 6+ months.

To me it suggested the playfield display is undoubtedly one of the features still under consideration. The fact they deliberately worded Around counting it out, means if enough are asking for it then they would probably Keep it in their LV plans. Why? ... because they can.

None of their words suggested no PF display for the LV. My take from several listens in detail is that it is likely to have the playfield screen if LV potential buyers are screaming for it. Not set in stone at this stage, but to me the suggestion is that their LV plan currently includes EVERYTHING and MORE than they can have.

2:09:00 "from a Gameplay point of view it won't change the playfield!" . Emphasising the narrow point of view for the statment.

2:09:50 *Everything is on the table and more than realistically possible, is on the LV extra features list, for consideration* . So to me PF Lcd is certainly one of the things on the consideration list for the LV. Just depends on what feedback they get about it, I rekon.

Remembering as well, it is called Promotion! ... Talking PF Screens Right Now is Not promoting their current product, so natural to be talking up the model without a screen! .... and just Ignoring undecided details of the LV for the time being.

This Alien is the "Pro" Model, it has what it needs... the operators preference I would think. It is good and they should be talking up no screen, and how well inserts still work for functionality!

Fair too to be sort of Glossing Over the fact that when Sentry Guns is active, shooting the spinner causes (instead of two flashing inserts) display domination of the playfield fullscreen, animation of Sentry Guns, Flashing and Firing!!! . Tuned with the sounds. Can Not Miss It In Your Face!

#1759 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

+reworked parts is good. To be clear, the highway pinball version I had literally didn't have one issue. You'll see some people on these boards put down alien as if it was a mess. No doubt original ones were and even some later builds but once corrected (which mine was), the game was more solid than my JJP.

Fake news.

#1760 3 years ago

Game looks great. Immersion is real important to me, and Alien’s got it. For me, however, it’s a dark themed game, and I’m not sure that’s the vibe I’m looking for now. I’m also not succumbing to FOMO. Once these things are moving off the line and arriving in people’s homes I’ll reevaluate.

I waited on Wonka and MMr and instead of issues and tinkering and disappointment I have two perfectly functioning games that blow away my expectations each and every day.

Good luck everyone!

#1761 3 years ago

Question no one has answered.

Does this mean current Alien owners are stranded for support as PB have complete redone all the electronics- new circuit board layouts etc?

Feel bad for them.

#1762 3 years ago

Just curious - what exactly is fake news? Reworked parts or the fact that certain aliens work perfectly well. I can confirm the latter was accurate for mine

#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

To me it suggested the playfield display is undoubtedly one of the features still under consideration. The fact they deliberately worded Around counting it out, means if enough are asking for it then they would probably Keep it in their LV plans. Why? ... because they can.
None of their words suggested no PF display for the LV. My take from several listens in detail is that it is likely to have the playfield screen if LV potential buyers are screaming for it. Not set in stone at this stage, but to me the suggestion is that their LV plan currently includes EVERYTHING and MORE than they can have.
2:09:00 "from a Gameplay point of view it won't change the playfield!" . Emphasising the narrow point of view for the statment.
2:09:50 *Everything is on the table and more than realistically possible, is on the LV extra features list, for consideration* . So to me PF Lcd is certainly one of the things on the consideration list for the LV. Just depends on what feedback they get about it, I rekon.
Remembering as well, it is called Promotion! ... Talking PF Screens Right Now is Not promoting their current product, so natural to be talking up the model without a screen! .... and just Ignoring undecided details of the LV for the time being.
This Alien is the "Pro" Model, it has what it needs... the operators preference I would think. It is good and they should be talking up no screen, and how well inserts still work for functionality!
Fair too to be sort of Glossing Over the fact that when Sentry Guns is active, shooting the spinner causes (instead of two flashing inserts) display domination of the playfield fullscreen, animation of Sentry Guns, Flashing and Firing!!! . Tuned with the sounds. Can Not Miss It In Your Face!

IMHO, You are dreaming on monitor / screen being in the LV edition. He talked more about trim colors, art work etc. no mention of screen added. Trying to say he was careful with his words and it may be added is dreaming.

Also going to earlier in the podcast they talked exclusively why they eliminated screen / monitor. This is important to listen to.

At 1:53 it was said the monitor was removed because “Worry of maintenance and chipping of lacquer on original Aliens games.”

They clearly covered the playfield monitor question at this point in the podcast.

They also talk around 1:50 that they believe they came up with a better option than putting a monitor in the game. The “century guns?” inserts and circuit boards replace monitor. The new pcb & inserts were a draw in terms of BOM costs. Ask yourself if costs were a draw why would they not have added monitor. They also talked how playfield monitor was just a duplicate of the back box monitor so need for it.

It seems clear to me that playfield monitor will not be part of any games. hope I am wrong; but does not sound good for monitor.

#1764 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question no one has answered.
Does this mean current Alien owners are stranded for support as PB have complete redone all the electronics- new circuit board layouts etc?
Feel bad for them.

Very good question....
I definitively do not know it ....but I would say in some parts yes, in other's no
Playfiled plastics or facehugger, maybe the new ramps should be possible to use on the original Alien
What about the 4 big lamp and switch pcb's which have been changed to smaller pcb's?
IO Boards?
What about future code updates?

#1765 3 years ago

So could someone with more experience and knowledge of the existing Alien tell me how the hyperlock chamber has changed on this new version of Alien?

I remember when I was following the original Alien it was a physical ball lock then dropped?

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from locke987:

Very good question....
I definitively do not know it ....but I would say in some parts yes, in other's no
Playfiled plastics or facehugger, maybe the new ramps should be possible to use on the original Alien
What about the 4 big lamp and switch pcb's which have been changed to smaller pcb's?
IO Boards?
What about future code updates?

Exactly. Maybe some carryovers/improvements.

However, the areas I would call key - IO circuit boards, computer, monitors- all seem to be different. Code too? That would be a big ouch...for support.

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious - what exactly is fake news? Reworked parts or the fact that certain aliens work perfectly well. I can confirm the latter was accurate for mine

I would say a bit Less confident on that last part. Completely NOT your issue and an AWESOME seller no question but not weeks after owning the Alien I bought from you it was literally a crap shoot daily what mech or feature would not function that day. lol Screens out, ball trough rapid fire, Alien mag grab locked, 3 switches broke and so on. Again, it was Perfect when you sold it to me No complaints just not sure this is a Perfect gen 1 game. I am in on the New release with hopes for the same fun without much of the mystery heartache. There is a reason most gen 1 Aliens come with 5k in spares lol.

#1769 3 years ago

The list of issues even in the later games is too long to list, they corrected many of the problems based on the information released.

But your claim that the later aliens work perfectly. You got lucky. But also sent me at least two messages about issues with yours.

#1770 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wasn’t there another Alien planned after covenant? But it under performed compared to the studios expectations?
I wasn’t much of a fan of Prometheus or Covenant but the first 2 are all time classics! The directors cut of the 3rd is also pretty good it’s a shame the studio stepped in so much and screwed it up!

Yes, Alien: Awakening IS coming believe it or not...

Also, there is an Alien TV show coming to Hulu(I think).

I don't hold out any high hopes either will be good though. Covenant was horrible.

#1771 3 years ago

I was hoping to send a $1000.00 down payment to CoinTaker yesterday to secure my Alien pin but as we know only the standard version is being offered first. I am of the opinion that if sales show signs of slowing down the LV, LE, Collectors Edition (whatever you want to call it) will then be offered because it would assuredly be guaranteed to sell out and provide an additional 500 pin sales at that point. Smart, going with the standard edition first and getting any issues resolved first.

So I called Melissa at CoinTaker and she assured me my name is #2 on the LV list they started and I am guaranteed a game when they begin taking deposits for the LV. Who got there before me and sits at #1 on the list? LOL

I listened to the podcast where Pinball Brothers made their big introductory announcement yesterday and was keenly interested on what they had to say about the planned LV model differences starting at 2:05:20

At least not more than 500 LV's will be made.
It will have the same game play but other toys and lighting effects.
Color trim on side and lock down bar.
They have a list of addons they are evaluating to see what they can squeeze into the LV but it's more than can fit so further evaluation is needed to balance that out.
I'm thinking the existing toys might be cosmetically upgraded too but that's conjecture - it wasn't specifically stated.

They say they want to only offer the standard edition currently and make sure it works solidly and if they see they are able to do that then maybe offer additional parts that people can install themselves in their machines at home. And only later people may be able to order options installed at the factory but currently don't want to add complexity into the build process at the factory.

They mentioned a shaker motor will only need 4 screws and a cable upon installation as the standard edition already has the output ready.

I am of the opinion the LV Edition will not have the playfield screen but keep with the informative sentry gun and ammo inserts. They went into some interesting detail on what these inserts will add as for as more information to the player. While a playfield screen would be immersive I think in the home environment where you can get intimately familiar with the game over time through the backbox screen a playfield screen that mirrors it would be redundant as they eluded to. The small screen that took the place of the Queen Chamber should be able to give enough valuable differing information to the player and I think that's a good compromise.

So I didn't have to put down an initial deposit yet and I'm guaranteed the Collectors Edition. All in all a good day.

Now I worry worst case scenario what if they don't get to the Collectors Edition? I thought about it. Pretty sure they won't give up an opportunity to get those out so they can get an additional 500 units sold and $2000.00 more per pin. I doubt they will lack in sales with this theme.

I'm settled and look forward to being contacted when the LE's are ready.

#1772 3 years ago

The more I thought about it, unless there is something amazing on the LV that I can't get on the SE I doubt I jump for a 2k increase at that point. I'm not interested in the blue or green powder coat trim, as I'm going to black mine out most likely. I'm assuming invisiglass will be part of that package, but what else at 2k difference?

Perhaps the lit outer cab? I did think that was really cool on the OG, but since it will be packed among others, it would never be seen in my lineup, so it's not a deal breaker either.

Perhaps a topper...and my do I have some ideas for toppers. Curious to see what happens there.

What I would like to see is on the magnet for the xeno, it actually have some sort of plastic around that inner mouth, but I don't know if that is even possible with how it is configured.

#1773 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The more I thought about it, unless there is something amazing on the LV that I can't get on the SE I doubt I jump for a 2k increase at that point. I'm not interested in the blue or green powder coat trim, as I'm going to black mine out most likely. I'm assuming invisiglass will be part of that package, but what else at 2k difference?
Perhaps the lit outer cab? I did think that was really cool on the OG, but since it will be packed among others, it would never be seen in my lineup, so it's not a deal breaker either.
Perhaps a topper...and my do I have some ideas for toppers. Curious to see what happens there.
What I would like to see is on the magnet for the xeno, it actually have some sort of plastic around that inner mouth, but I don't know if that is even possible with how it is configured.

I can't justify the cost difference between the Standard Edition and the Collectors Edition, we don't know much yet. But when I was a little kid someone unseemly took me to see the Alien movie that was showing in theaters before I was age appropriate and I've been a collector of Alien/s memorabilia my whole life since. I was always going to buy the Collectors Edition over any other regardless. I'm scarred and will carry this burden for the rest of my life.

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

The list of issues even in the later games is too long to list, they corrected many of the problems based on the information released.
But your claim that the later aliens work perfectly. You got lucky. But also sent me at least two messages about issues with yours.

Check my history and you'll see I've had multiple aliens. The one I asked you about was an earlier one which I've easily admitted multiple times, earlier ones had some issues.

You don't have to be a dick and post my private messages to try and confirm your point. You could have easily just taken my own messages in the Alien club which clearly shows how these aliens had issues. I was in the club day one. My last Alien, which I recently sold, has had no issues smartass. I would never say the later one are all perfect. I'm taking about mine. My earlier ones had issues, first being the worst by far.

#1775 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't think a lit outer cab is in the cards, they listed the reasons not going that route in the podcast. I bet the revolving beacons will be the LV topper. I have so much Alien crap I'm sure I'll find something to mount between the beacons.

alien-warrior-blue-edition-life-size-head (resized).jpgalien-warrior-blue-edition-life-size-head (resized).jpg
#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would say a bit Less confident on that last part. Completely NOT your issue and an AWESOME seller no question but not weeks after owning the Alien I bought from you it was literally a crap shoot daily what mech or feature would not function that day. lol Screens out, ball trough rapid fire, Alien mag grab locked, 3 switches broke and so on. Again, it was Perfect when you sold it to me No complaints just not sure this is a Perfect gen 1 game. I am in on the New release with hopes for the same fun without much of the mystery heartache. There is a reason most gen 1 Aliens come with 5k in spares lol.

I'm not even talking about that alien. I've owned multiple. I just recently sold an Alien - never had any issues with that game. That was my point.

To be clear, Alien....many of them have issues. Could they have issues, the ones that were perfect, including my last one? Of course - we all know inherently there were issues and it's always a risk buying them but everyone knows this. I'm simply stating that for the owners who are saying no issues, I can understand as my last one didn't have any.

#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

... Trying to say he was careful with his words and it may be added is dreaming.

I ain't dreaming. Nor am I really fussed at all. I am however interested, and relaying the fact of what was said, word specific and within their own context. Lost on some perhaps I don't know. Also that the entire point of the interview is to Not promote PF screens for this particular versions release, and Specifically avoid anyone getting hyped at the possibility. Of course they do not want Everyone holding off for the LE once they realise display could happen, which almost everyone would want once realising what it's about. The excuse put forward is just that by PB, it is a non issue as posted by so many, and simply a good believable reason they can put forward that aligns with their "Pro" mission, which they also outlined. Most of the assumptions you made there are a bit misguided and do not match what was actually talked about. Think more objectively, listen harder, Imho. Lol

If they threw it out forever they would have said it in plain words no doubt, which they did not. The earlier mention to forgetting the screen and why was of course in direct reference and context to getting out this Pro version they are releasing currently. Hearing words is fine, but if you only listen to half the words you will only get half the story.

The screen will be in if enough are petitioning for it. Simple as that mate.

#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not even talking about that alien. I've owned multiple. I just recently sold an Alien - never had any issues with that game. That was my point. People have questions about the accuracy of their own responses pm me first before speaking so we stop the fake news bs.
Aliens, many of them have issues. Could they have issues, the ones that were perfect, including my last one? Of course - we all know inherently there were issues and it's always a risk buying them but everyone knows this. I'm simply stating that for the owners who safe saying no issues, I can understand as my last one didn't have any.

Two NIB I dealt with here had no serious issues just the plastic gear servo to sort out. 2 from 2 .... sorry small sample size I know

I got myself a used one that needed a bit of TLC, I think it is a bit earlier one where upgrades were attempted (SE065)... sweet now tho!!

#1779 3 years ago

My "late edition" Alien LE has been great. Had to adjust the stepper for the Alien tongue, that's it.

Love this pin.

#1780 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not even talking about that alien. I've owned multiple. I just recently sold an Alien - never had any issues with that game. That was my point. People have questions about the accuracy of their own responses pm me first before speaking so we stop the fake news bs.
Aliens, many of them have issues. Could they have issues, the ones that were perfect, including my last one? Of course - we all know inherently there were issues and it's always a risk buying them but everyone knows this. I'm simply stating that for the owners who safe saying no issues, I can understand as my last one didn't have any.

Ah were resorting to name calling when cornered. I’ve had my hands on more of these machines than most, and I think have seen just about every Frankenstein version.

My point is, seems like everyone has short term memory about this whole saga. I would argue that even the latest build, well tweaked game has multiple design issues, that deserve to be pointed out.

The PCs and the displays were a big one, so I’m glad to see that those have been modified. I don’t care how late your build was, eventually you will have problems with those china video drivers, and fragile/brittle ribbon cables.

The plastic servos in the jaw, eventually will fail. The cheap microcontroller they used will also overheat and fail easily.

The hyper sleep lock, even in late builds were some were stacked lexan and finicky (others were molded).

The ball popper from the scoop, even the redesigned ones have issues and kick out onto the playfield in such a way that if not Mylard will remove paint.

The fragile traces on the PCB light boards. And on, and on, and on..

The software and rules are amazing (thanks for ferret), the graphics are great.. the theme immersion is awesome. But I highly recommend that everyone remember this is the same company that released this garbage and put many through hell (I recognize they are trying to correct this). But anyone setting the expectation that the late games were flawless, and this one will be an absolute gem. I caution you, wait and see.

#1781 3 years ago

From Cointaker's site:

"THESE DEPOSITS ARE NON TRANSFERABLE FOR THE LE. ONCE THE LE'S ARE AVAILABLE, THEY WILL BE ANNOUNCED."

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I can't justify the cost difference between the Standard Edition and the Collectors addition, we don't know much yet. But when I was a little kid someone unseemly took me to see the Alien movie that was showing in theaters before I was age appropriate and I've been a collector of Alien/s memorabilia my whole life since. I was always going to buy the Collectors Edition over any other regardless. I'm scarred and will carry this burden for the rest of my life.

LOL...what if it is actual Ripley callouts...That might be worth the price

My story is similar to yours. My parents were at the drive in watching it. I was 4 and supposed to be alseep. I remember watching some of it, and I remember specifically the chestburster scene. For whatever reason, rather than scaring me, I became a huge fan of the movie and have been collecting various Alien and Giger memorabilia for years. I don't have any of the real big stuff or really high priced stuff like some of the people on pinside have shown in the gameroom threads though.

#1783 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Also, there is an Alien TV show coming to Hulu(I think).
I don't hold out any high hopes either will be good though. Covenant was horrible.

New Alien show is for FX from Noah Hawley, the creator/writer/director of the Fargo TV series, which is one of the best shows on TV. Amazing 4 seasons. Alien is in good hands.

#1784 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

New Alien show is for FX from Noah Hawley, the creator/writer/director of the Fargo TV series, which is one of the best shows on TV. Amazing 4 seasons. Alien is in good hands.

But the rumor is it will take place on earth...so...we'll see I guess.

#1785 3 years ago

I’ve not listed to the podcast so don’t know what does LV stand for?

I’m on the standard edition but more information on the LE

#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

From Cointaker's site:
"THESE DEPOSITS ARE NON TRANSFERABLE FOR THE LE. ONCE THE LE'S ARE AVAILABLE, THEY WILL BE ANNOUNCED."

It does say that.

Are the deposits refundable tho?

#1787 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It does say that.
Are the deposits refundable tho?

Yes.

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve not listed to the podcast so don’t know what does LV stand for?
I’m on the standard edition but more information on the LE

They are calling the LE the Limited Version (LV). While it isn't said in the podcast, it is a play on the theme - LV-426

EDIT: Fixed the name.

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are calling the LE the Limited Version (LV). While it isn't said in the podcast, it is a play on the theme - LV-246

Got it thanks.

If the deposit is refundable that’s good news so if it looks like the games are subpar build quality or if it looks like the production is iffy, people can back out. This gives them more reason to have a positive roll out. Carrot and the stick.

This is why the pay in advance (predator or Alien) model of old was so bad. I was in for small depot on Predator but once they asked for half payment just to stay in, I was out.

#1790 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Got it thanks.
If the deposit is refundable that’s good news so if it looks like the games are subpar build quality or if it looks like the production is iffy, people can back out. This gives them more reason to have a positive roll out. Carrot and the stick.
This is why the pay in advance (predator or Alien) model of old was so bad. I was in for small depot on Predator but once they asked for half payment just to stay in, I was out.

Cointaker is great about refundable deposits, and transferring deposits to other games. But once you open the box, it’s a different story as is with any distributor.

#1791 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Ah were resorting to name calling when cornered. I’ve had my hands on more of these machines than most, and I think have seen just about every Frankenstein version.
My point is, seems like everyone has short term memory about this whole saga. I would argue that even the latest build, well tweaked game has multiple design issues, that deserve to be pointed out.
The PCs and the displays were a big one, so I’m glad to see that those have been modified. I don’t care how late your build was, eventually you will have problems with those china video drivers, and fragile/brittle ribbon cables.
The plastic servos in the jaw, eventually will fail. The cheap microcontroller they used will also overheat and fail easily.
The hyper sleep lock, even in late builds were some were stacked lexan and finicky (others were molded).
The ball popper from the scoop, even the redesigned ones have issues and kick out onto the playfield in such a way that if not Mylard will remove paint.
The fragile traces on the PCB light boards. And on, and on, and on..
The software and rules are amazing (thanks for ferret), the graphics are great.. the theme immersion is awesome. But I highly recommend that everyone remember this is the same company that released this garbage and put many through hell (I recognize they are trying to correct this). But anyone setting the expectation that the late games were flawless, and this one will be an absolute gem. I caution you, wait and see.

Nah just calling out people when they're acting out of line.... And I actually like you so trying to be on the nicer side.

I know your history on Alien. You have been a tremendous asset to the community. Let's just try to avoid breaking forum rules. I'm sure I'll be modded as well but well worth it.

Anyone buying OG alien needs to know they can break. No doubt late ones aren't flawless. BUT it's not uncommon to have a late model work well. How long that lasts.... Anyone's guess.

#1792 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I ain't dreaming. Nor am I really fussed at all. I am however interested, and relaying the fact of what was said, word specific and within their own context. Lost on some perhaps I don't know. Also that the entire point of the interview is to Not promote PF screens for this particular versions release, and Specifically avoid anyone getting hyped at the possibility. Of course they do not want Everyone holding off for the LE once they realise display could happen, which almost everyone would want once realising what it's about. The excuse put forward is just that by PB, it is a non issue as posted by so many, and simply a good believable reason they can put forward that aligns with their "Pro" mission, which they also outlined. Most of the assumptions you made there are a bit misguided and do not match what was actually talked about. Think more objectively, listen harder, Imho. Lol
If they threw it out forever they would have said it in plain words no doubt, which they did not. The earlier mention to forgetting the screen and why was of course in direct reference and context to getting out this Pro version they are releasing currently. Hearing words is fine, but if you only listen to half the words you will only get half the story.
The screen will be in if enough are petitioning for it. Simple as that mate.

You are speculating the reason they did this for future LV sales vs SE sales.

Let’s use PB words - they said it - go back and listen carefully about the 5 min discussion here.

Wouldn’t they look like liars if the LV edition came out with a playfield screen. They were very explicit as to why they did not include playfield monitor.

Don’t see it happening.

Oh yeah, petitioning them is not a way of saying it will be in the game. By saying that you certainly understand it is unlikely.

Again I hope I am wrong for all future LV owners.

#1793 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are calling the LE the Limited Version (LV). While it isn't said in the podcast, it is a play on the theme - LV-246

LV-426?

#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

So I didn't have to put down an initial deposit yet and I'm guaranteed the Collectors Edition. All in all a good day.
I'm settled and look forward to being contacted when the LE's are ready.

so everyone else had to put down a $1000 deposit that is transferable to the LE's when ready.. but you're "guarenteed" one just by making a phone call and plan to jump everyone in line who paid a deposit? let us know how that works out for ya.

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nah just calling out people when they're acting out of line.... And I actually like you so trying to be on the nicer side.
I know your history on Alien. You have been a tremendous asset to the community. Let's just try to avoid breaking forum rules. I'm sure I'll be modded as well but well worth it.
Anyone buying OG alien needs to know they can break. No doubt late ones aren't flawless. BUT it's not uncommon to have a late model work well. How long that lasts.... Anyone's guess.

I agree not uncommon to have a late LE that works nicely and all the plastic gears etc etc are easily fixed / upgraded to metal and also spare smaller screens not expensive. This great community has a fix for almost everything.

My late build LE now 2 years of ownership - 3 x very minor issues totalling less than 1 hour of time to sort out.

Many other similar reports on here.

#1796 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

so everyone else had to put down a $1000 deposit that is transferable to the LE's when ready.. but you're "guarenteed" one just by making a phone call and plan to jump everyone in line who paid a deposit? let us know how that works out for ya.

Well if they are now saying they aren't transferable, (and the fact they aren't taking down payments for LE's yet), it might be wise to call and find out for sure. There's some conflicting information going around here.

#1797 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I asked to be invoiced for an LE. They aren't taking down payments on an LE yet. I showed no interest in the standard. They have a list going for people like me that only want the LE. I'm not jumping ahead of anyone. No one has put money down on an LE with them. But I expect when LE's become available and they start working down that list for LE buyers I'll be called for my deposit as I'm second on the list. Fair?

#1798 3 years ago
Quoted from chrishoyle99:

I agree not uncommon to have a late LE that works nicely and all the plastic gears etc etc are easily fixed / upgraded to metal and also spare smaller screens not expensive. This great community has a fix for almost everything.
My late build LE now 2 years of ownership - 3 x very minor issues totalling less than 1 hour of time to sort out.
Many other similar reports on here.

My experience has been great as a new owner. I watched the forums for a long time before getting one, and have had minor adjustments like any pin. But I can understand how there is a bitter taste for early adopters. They did so much that is now being addressed with another run. I’m in for an LE but may just keep my original unless there are things I prefer with this version.

#1799 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I asked to be invoiced for an LE. They aren't taking down payments on an LE yet. I showed no interest in the standard. They have a list going for people like me that only want the LE. I'm not jumping ahead of anyone. No one has put money down on an LE with them. But I expect when LE's become available and they start working down that list for LE buyers I'll be called as I'm second on the list. Fair?

the SE's also aren't available yet they require a deposit to secure a spot. why would anyone send them money? just phone 'em up and tell them you're good for it!

#1800 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

the SE's also aren't available yet they require a deposit to secure a spot. why would anyone send them money? just phone 'em up and tell them you're good for it!

I think you're "good for it" when you put down the deposit.

You do realize the Alien Standards are supposed to begin shipping in January, right? That's very soon. How are you going to transfer your deposit when you already paid for and received the machine you put your deposit on for a LE that won't be available for 6 months down the road?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
9,799 (OBO)
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/36?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.