20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 82.
#1701 3 years ago

How about the 5" airlock LCD screen, will that display the same as the main display or something different?

#1702 3 years ago

Another round of alien deposits up on cointaker. This time for second quarter shipping.

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Didn't the original have 2 magnets too? One in front of the Alien and one in the Aliens mouth?

Heh, good point. True, but the magnet in the Xeno mouth is permanent, not controlled.

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How about the 5" airlock LCD screen, will that display the same as the main display or something different?

Airlock LCD always had different content from the main display.

#1705 3 years ago

Is this a wide body machine?

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

yes ..

#1707 3 years ago

Your not missing anything with the removal of the PF screen (as it was mirrored from the head screen), in fact it will be better as they were hard to level perfectly. Also The original proto had 2 mags but wasnt released with two, they removed the right magnet by the chest burster shot, which I wish they would have put back it, since its hard to feed the top right flipper.

Cool its actually getting made!

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

you should watch some of the videos to see what it looks like, this is the original Alien but the remake will be very similar.

#1709 3 years ago

It also has a regular backbox, the thin Hieghway one always looked flimsy and cheap.
Not that it was, but an aesthetic anomaly.
No Pinbar TM, thank god!
It's just a real pinball machine.
Good news to close out a shite year.

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Another round of alien deposits up on cointaker. This time for second quarter shipping.

pardon me. do you have any more alien SE ?

but of course !

greypoupon (resized).jpggreypoupon (resized).jpg
#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

you should watch some of the videos to see what it looks like, this is the original Alien but the remake will be very similar.

Awesome, great video thanks!

#1712 3 years ago

What controller boards are they using in this one? I don't think they are using the Fast ones.

#1713 3 years ago

I'm a little bummed they went with a baby screen in back.. hopefully LE has a full size screen. Also curious about the circuits.

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was kidding.
I've owned a bunch of Lambos. Quality autos but a pain in the ass to change the oil.

Explains a lot!

#1715 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't really comment on anything, but since this much is public I'll just say this: wishing for nothing but good vibes and success all around. It's pinball, just gotta see how the ball rolls, but I'm rooting for this to have a happy ending.

"Wishing".

Im not sold yet either!

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Agreed - and even if I just bought delt31's original Alien (which is awesome) I hope they do sell in the 1000s! It's such a unique pin and it deserves a big audience.
BTW it is really fun for me to see this talk about pinball and Italy... I grew up there and in the 70s/early 80s pinball (or "flipper" as it's called there) was EVERYWHERE in Italy, it was incredibly popular, and directly connected with the American culture obsessions Italians have had since WWII.
This old bit from a fantastic Italian comedian making fun of "pinball culture" back in the 80s is one of the funniest things ever - much more so if you are Italian, but even if you are not... come on!

I laffed out loud, thanks!!

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My opinion about the PF art and subtracting the PF screen.
I am sure the video screen is helpful and whatnot but it does take away from the art package, the planet is already iffy as far as I'm concerned but when you subtract half of the planet it just looks very meh (I mean the PF + display makes the planet look bad almost rather it was just empty space rather than the planet).
With the display removed at least we can see the whole circle of the planet and even with the ammo inserts it looks more like a typical pinball PF with inserts.
IMO mini displays are better off the PF like in DI or SW that way you can have your cake and eat it too. The display in the PF is a compromise that is good and bad.

I would be watching the pf screen for info and immersion, not looking up at the backbox for the same immersion, and taking your eyes off the pf. I think the pf screen exclusion is a big step backward, and i still dont understand why.

Screenshot_20201218-174838_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201218-174838_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1718 3 years ago

Does the new LE version have a playfield screen? When will we know?

#1719 3 years ago

I know I'm probably jumping the gun here but the machine is confirmed and deposits have been taken so I created a club thread, maybe the mods will close it down soon though but the game is listed in the database.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club

#1720 3 years ago

Ok, my attention has officially been caught.

Now....let's see everyone who dropped $7700+ dollars sight unseen without having plunged one ball on this game get it in their home and rave about it and its build quality for months into 2021.

Don't get me wrong; I want to be a part of this, but I'll happily wait until Fall 2021 before I pull any triggers.

Hope it is as good as it looks! Glad to see this may actually be happening and not a pipe dream.

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'll enter the office pool with a bet at 8500k base model... trimmed upwards of 10k.
Second guess is 7800 base model.

Nailed it...

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I know I'm probably jumping the gun here but the machine is confirmed and deposits have been taken so I created a club thread, maybe the mods will close it down soon though but the game is listed in the database.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club

Can’t create until it ships

#1723 3 years ago

I threw a deposit down today but I don't want a first quarter shipment and I'm guessing I'm not the only one. I'm going to make sure I get my voucher approved from the screw job I took a few years ago and then see what the LE looks like before I go all in. I really hope they do well this time around after the shit show they inherited. I figured I was never going to see any kind of compensation from what happened so this is at least slightly better news.

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would be watching the pf screen for info and immersion, not looking up at the backbox for the same immersion, and taking your eyes off the pf. I think the pf screen exclusion is a big step backward, and i still dont understand why.
[quoted image]

If the new one looked like the old one I would have put my money down with CT today. However, I do think the new one is going to play a lot better.

Either way I hope the company does well as the guys I heard on the podcast seem like really decent dudes.

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

[quoted image]

I hear you, but on every game I have ever played I’ve had to take my eyes off the playfield to look at the backbox for info.
All that said the LCD is cool!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1726 3 years ago

I def see green armor in the future. Robert stone will be getting some pms

#1727 3 years ago

Maybe removing the screen is one of PB ways of separating themselves from heighway and creating a platform to move forward with future games

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Maybe removing the screen is one of PB ways of separating themselves from heighway and creating a platform to move forward with future games

They said in the podcast that it was simply a matter of reliability of the playfield. I know that is debatable, but that's what they said.

I do wish that the rails and lockdown were black instead of silver, but I guess that is easy enough to change.

#1729 3 years ago

Just starting to listen to podcast, but was there any mention of how many LE's they're looking to make?

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Just starting to listen to podcast, but was there any mention of how many LE's they're looking to make?

They said they thought around 500 - but not in stone. Gameplay will be the same, and they have not decided what will actually be different on it yet.

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They said they thought around 500 - but not in stone. Gameplay will be the same, and they have not decided what will actually be different on it yet.

They will probably sell out fast and should think about upping that number to 750. There seems to be a lot of people interested in the LV addition of the game. I think some will not be able to get in on it at 500 games.

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They said in the podcast that it was simply a matter of reliability of the playfield. I know that is debatable, but that's what they said.
I do wish that the rails and lockdown were black instead of silver, but I guess that is easy enough to change.

Reliability my ass. I have two Heighways, the displays are not an issue. Having a window in the playfield has been done for decades. It isn't an issue.

Congrats to the people who pre-ordered. Hope it is everything you want. Me, I am happy with my original. The pf screen is a dealbreaker for me so no reason to sell.

Do want to see if the remakes have backwards compatible parts. Curious if they bothered to fix any of the issues under the pf because they didn't remove the induction switches.

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe the playfield screen will be one of the differences?

#1734 3 years ago

We're still in the "Chicago Gaming" section .... what point does it get to before the game can be in an appropriate section?, I don't know... "Pinball Brothers" section? ... or "New Pinball" section?

It was a speculation thread to start with that has now turned out to be wrong, and so is not in the right forum category at all, for what it's become. I think we know enough to fix it now don't we.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

[quoted image]

Exactly. Leveling the lens only requires simple accurate engineering solution. Heighway method was not good, but they even kinda sorted that slapstick setup by the end. Bad engineering, like with much of the underlying cabinet characteristics, was an issue. A playfield protector solves everything, but I understand some will not want a game which includes a playfield protector as a requirement either. Not hard to make flush installation foolproof either, just requires applying some intelligent thought.

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

i'm guessing Big Lebowski range, maybe a touch cheaper but not much

oh wow I'm glad I was wrong.
They're gonna sell so many of these at the price of a Stern Premium. It's a dream theme and so many have already played it and written about it.

I'm legit impressed.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

oh wow I'm glad I was wrong.
They're gonna sell so many of these at the price of a Stern Premium. It's a dream theme and so many have already played it and written about it.
I'm legit impressed.

Agreed. If they can pull this off it's going to be the greatest comeback story in pinball history. Exciting stuff.

#1738 3 years ago

Just sitting here waiting for the LE reveal.

BECFDDD9-094D-42CA-9AF2-EEE301AC9168 (resized).jpegBECFDDD9-094D-42CA-9AF2-EEE301AC9168 (resized).jpeg
#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

We're still in the "Chicago Gaming" section .... what point does it get to before the game can be in an appropriate section?, I don't know... "Pinball Brothers" section? ... or "New Pinball" section?
It was a speculation thread to start with that has now turned out to be wrong, and so is not in the right forum category at all, for what it's become. I think we know enough to fix it now don't we.

I didn't see a way to change that. Maybe a moderator can change it?

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I didn't see a way to change that. Maybe a moderator can change it?

Close this down and create Pinball Brothers Alien thread?

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is all fine and true.
It just doesn't justify the tortured logic that "cointaker is taking deposits so that proves this will be good."
At least we finally know the answer: CGC is not going manufacture Alien pinball.

I think the point about Cointaker is that if you give them a deposit & shit goes sideways, they’ll give you your money back. Lebowski buyers who paid Dutch directly got F’d (mostly), peeps who bought direct from Heighway got F’d...those who bought thru CT got refunds if they asked.

#1742 3 years ago

Interesting to look at the poll results after today...

IMG_0029 (resized).PNGIMG_0029 (resized).PNG

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Just sitting here waiting for the LE reveal.
[quoted image]

Me 2

Just Listened to podcast. LE has Bunch add ons; however, in the podcast PB said LE playfield will be same as standard edition. Which basically answered the question of will the monitor be part playfield for LE.

Also they said ground up changes to all circuit boards and other things are changing from the original game. Does this mean the original owners are stranded for support??

#1744 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Interesting to look at the poll results after today...
[quoted image]

Why is this? In podcast they said they are using Italian manufacturer.

#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:Close this down and create Pinball Brothers Alien thread?

Already did but moderator moved it from Clubs forum to "Boutique" forum because the game hasn't been shipped yet. Feel free to post there

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

... in the podcast PB said LE playfield will be same as standard edition. Which basically answered the question of will the monitor be part playfield for LE. .....

PB on the LV in the interview (2:08) the exact words are "From a gameplay point of view it won't change the playfield" .... does not exclude adding back in the playfield display since it does not affect layout or gameplay. Considering their words carefully, seems the word choice was careful not to suggest the playfield display was definitely in nor out..

If I really was hoping for the playfield display to be in an LV PB Alien and wanted to give my feedback on the issue, I'd probably be contacting PB so that they know what I think about it.

https://www.pinballbrothers.com/contact/

However I'm not in the market for a new game myself, so not really for me to contact them about it.

#1747 3 years ago

In a perfect world the LE would have the larger backbox display and the playfield display, but it's hard to see either after listening to the podcast. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it...will be a long 6+ months.

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Exactly. Leveling the lens only requires simple accurate engineering solution. Heighway method was not good, but they even kinda sorted that slapstick setup by the end. Bad engineering, like with much of the underlying cabinet characteristics, was an issue. A playfield protector solves everything, but I understand some will not want a game which includes a playfield protector as a requirement either. Not hard to make flush installation foolproof either, just requires applying some intelligent thought.

Yea, I dont have an Alien, but I've been following the Aliens pinball saga since day one, and the pf screen isnt mentioned as a problem very often.

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My opinion about the PF art and subtracting the PF screen.
I am sure the video screen is helpful and whatnot but it does take away from the art package, the planet is already iffy as far as I'm concerned but when you subtract half of the planet it just looks very meh (I mean the PF + display makes the planet look bad almost rather it was just empty space rather than the planet).
With the display removed at least we can see the whole circle of the planet and even with the ammo inserts it looks more like a typical pinball PF with inserts.
IMO mini displays are better off the PF like in DI or SW that way you can have your cake and eat it too. The display in the PF is a compromise that is good and bad.

I would go the other way.

Computer screens are a pretty big part of Alien films (the decent ones anyway). The first Alien starts with the Nostromo bootup, and you’ve got the ship auto destruct, and of course the whole pivotal Mother sequence. Aliens had the motion trackers in particular that were a major iconic part of the film, as well as the turrets firing sequence (if you watched the correct version).

I wouldn’t go as far as to say these sequences were as important as the characters, but the film definitely benefited from them.

For me, the playfield LCD is as much a unique selling point of this pin as the Alien mech. Its absence is conspicuous to me. I personally would pay more to have it, especially now that we know the prices. I really hope the LE has it (+ beacons) but I sadly suspect it won’t.

It doesn’t help also that what has replaced it looks incongruous to the aesthetic of the rest of the pin. The sentry guns look cartoony to my eyes, which I don’t think works with this pin. It looks like a bit of an afterthought to me, which in some ways it is.

Anyway, really hoping LE will bring the LCD back but not holding my breath.

#1750 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, I dont have an Alien, but I've been following the Aliens pinball saga since day one, and the pf screen isnt mentioned as a problem very often.

It’s not a problem. Never had a single issue

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/35?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.