20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 82.
#1651 3 years ago

I'm excited to see this back on the line. The price isn't too shabby either. I may be interested once I see that they can reliably manufacture and deliver these.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

They haven't announced distributors inside the EU yet? Would be nice to know where the US$7777 translates into in euros.

Screenshot_20201218-153713 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201218-153713 (resized).png
#1653 3 years ago

From what I understand, the 30 from CT is just the first round. They will continue shipping more to CT throughout the year so if you don't get first round, you still can get later.

#1654 3 years ago

Gotta add 21-25% vat.
Probably end up around 8k euro.

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Gotta add 21-25% vat.
Probably end up around 8k euro.

I guess it will be 7777 EUR

#1656 3 years ago

Wow what a time for pinball, Led Zeppelin, GNR, Alien remake, back to the future. Its great!

#1657 3 years ago

FYI according to cointaker the deposit is refundable. The first batch of games will be January and February.

#1658 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Wow what a time for pinball, Led Zeppelin, GNR, Alien remake, back to the future. Its great!

Agreed. Great times for pinball. I just wish led would have felt more amazing.
Lets hope cgc comes with a real kick it out of the park offering and also that i'm healthy enough to finish my game room soon.

#1659 3 years ago

#1660 3 years ago

Anyone hear who is making the playfields? Mirco?

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Anyone hear who is making the playfields? Mirco?

Peter/Buthamburg

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Peter/Buthamburg

If that is true that is Awesome. His work is outstanding!!

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If that is true that is Awesome. His work is outstanding!!

Confirmed by the Pinball Brothers on the podcast today, he mentioned them by name and even commented on their reputation for quality.

#1664 3 years ago

"there are only 3 items left in stock"

says on the page. looks like we've got a small test group here fellas... good luck and may God have mercy on all of us.

#1665 3 years ago

No FOMO here. Melissa said they will get an initial batch, then later throughout the year they will get more. This is just the first wave, not a limited run.

#1666 3 years ago

2 now. I caved. Since the deposit is refundable, let's see how this plays out. Generally I would prefer to be down the line further to get the 'xenos' worked out...but...

#1667 3 years ago

Very close. The missing LCD and the cryo-lock are the only things that look noticeably different to me.

sbs (resized).jpgsbs (resized).jpgsbs2 (resized).jpgsbs2 (resized).jpg
#1668 3 years ago

Cointaker OOS...

#1669 3 years ago

I tried to get the last one, missed it. Oh well, I keep thinking I'd probably rather have a later run and make sure there will be spare parts to buy, etc...

#1670 3 years ago

First I will secure my multi k voucher. Thats fresh money to me as the 2017 investment is long written off. Will be fun to shop with the voucher.

#1671 3 years ago

I'm surprised they made the guns so 'clean' looking. Everything on the ship had a grungy feel to it. If I recall correctly, in the movie the producers made the ship purposely have a haunted house feeling to it.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1672 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Peter/Buthamburg

Good news!

#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Very close. The missing LCD and the cryo-lock are the only things that look noticeably different to me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is not correct as the production original didn’t have second magnet. That being said, they are very similar.

This is going to be a sales juggernaut at that price. Value compared to the market is insane. Good move PB

#1674 3 years ago

Price is not $7777 - more like $8200 with shipping right? Game looks awesome. Hope things work out this time and can find one of these to play next year.

#1675 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'm surprised they made the guns so 'clean' looking. Everything on the ship had a grungy feel to it. If I recall correctly, in the movie they made the ship have a haunted house feeling to it.

now that the pf LCD is missing, it wouldnt be long before hearing comments on the 'art' that was chosen to replace it - an etching of symmetric turrets and 10 moving boxes. a little too bright on the white IMHO.

#1676 3 years ago

Man this is awesome, dream theme for me! When can we see one of these in action? I was talking to Melissa at Cointaker and she seems pretty confident that these new machines will be of great quality and they will have plenty of back up parts. She also said that they have worked with the manufacturer before producing parts so it sounds pretty legit. Deposit made, refundable, so what's the harm. Hopefully this game will kick fuckin ass!!

#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

They're using mostly industry standard mechs, they revealed who makes the PF (anything from Germany I trust), all the PCBs are redesigned. I don't care if they assembled this thing in Siberia. There's still Zaccaria games around, how's that for comparison? Go Italy! Best food, coffee, wine and climate in the world. Add pinball to the list? Go for it!

Agreed Brother! I'm kind of partial to their climate as well

#1678 3 years ago

Great price point, congrats and good luck Pinball Brothers.
I've wanted an Alien since playing it at TPF 2017, then the house of cards collapsed.
The new PB team said everything I wanted to hear.
Looking forward to ordering an Alien after the new year.

#1679 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Price is not $7777 - more like $8200 with shipping right?

add state sales tax and a shaker motor and youre pushing $9K delv for standard, $11K delv for LE. not exactly cheap - just appears that way when compared with those $12.5K guesses.

#1680 3 years ago

IMO this is a good price, with shipping It’s similar to price of R&M a bit more than a Stern premium closer to a JJP SE which is about right.

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is not correct as the production original didn’t have second magnet. That being said, they are very similar.
This is going to be a sales juggernaut at that price. Value compared to the market is insane. Good move PB

Good to know. These were the only flyers I was able to find online since I wanted to see the differences side-by-side. I'm not as well versed in this pin as others. Pretty cool nonetheless. Bummer they lost the LCD screen since that looked like a killer feature.

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

add state sales tax and a shaker motor and youre pushing $9K delv for standard, $11K delv for LE. not exactly cheap - just appears that way when compared with those $12.5K guesses.

Not everyone pays sales tax iirc so you’d need to add $600 for Stern premium. Be around $8k for Stern premium.

Still it’s around the same price as GnR SE almost the same.

#1683 3 years ago

I got burned by Andrew. This is my dream theme. I talked about this with Melissa to go in on Std (30). I plan to get voucher and use for an LE/ Sell Std. Nice that 2020 has some cool good news.

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

now that the pf LCD is missing, it wouldnt be long before hearing comments on the 'art' that was chosen to replace it - an etching of symmetric turrets and 10 moving boxes. a little too bright on the white IMHO.

I did see what appeared to be some shading, pictures might not do it justice. Sort of surprised it's just not some greasy looking gray/brown - like the rest of the ship.

Regardless, good to see this pin come back to life. Anyways enjoyed shooting the original.

#1685 3 years ago

I’ve played Alien a handful of times was good shooing but I didn’t really get to know the modes I was just shooting around. But the atmosphere was great and very gritty and dark and unlike most pins even TWD is not that grim. That’s why I got this over say EHOH or LZ.

And I like having different manufacturers in my collection.

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

It's possible that number on cointakers site might mean nothing. Just could be what they initially set it to? Even 65 seems low.

65 = 1 container?

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I looked at all the information I could find on "Pedretti Gaming," and since Italian is my first language I was able to get as much detail as they were willing to offer.
Are they really supposed to be assembling these machines? If they are, well... that'll definitely be a boutique operation. They are a pinball/arcade operator and they have made some mods over the last few years, the most complex of which were relatively simple toppers - I see no indication they have something that resembles a manufacturing line. I think production numbers will be a couple per week, if even that many. As for quality, who knows... small shop does not necessarily mean bad output, but of course it seems like an entirely unproven entity.
If you want one you might be wise to get on it ASAP, I'd be shocked if these are going to be available in decent numbers.

On their website it looks like the manufacture and sell multiarcade cabinets, so they may have done some basic manufacturing. But agreed, more boutique than big factory line, I'd expect their output to be slow and there to be a learning curve. Hopefully the amount of interest and deposits going down will cause them to ramp things up, this game could easily sell in the 1000s rather than the 100s if they do it right.

#1688 3 years ago

Looks like Cointakers first shipment allotment is sold out.
Good start PB!

#1689 3 years ago

Well, as Queen was going to come after Alien, I wonder if this will ever see the light of day?

#1690 3 years ago

Looks great. Wish they would have added some flashers, hey ho...

#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Looks like Cointakers first shipment allotment is sold out.

that might slow down the conversation a little ... at least until the LE addons are announced.

#1692 3 years ago

Should sell very well in Europe as it’s not subject to the tariff. I’m not sure if Alien is as popular in Europe as it’s a big movie franchise in the US.

#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

On their website it looks like the manufacture and sell multiarcade cabinets, so they may have done some basic manufacturing. But agreed, more boutique than big factory line, I'd expect their output to be slow and there to be a learning curve. Hopefully the amount of interest and deposits going down will cause them to ramp things up, this game could easily sell in the 1000s rather than the 100s if they do it right.

Agreed - and even if I just bought delt31's original Alien (which is awesome) I hope they do sell in the 1000s! It's such a unique pin and it deserves a big audience.

BTW it is really fun for me to see this talk about pinball and Italy... I grew up there and in the 70s/early 80s pinball (or "flipper" as it's called there) was EVERYWHERE in Italy, it was incredibly popular, and directly connected with the American culture obsessions Italians have had since WWII.

This old bit from a fantastic Italian comedian making fun of "pinball culture" back in the 80s is one of the funniest things ever - much more so if you are Italian, but even if you are not... come on!

#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Should sell very well in Europe as it’s not subject to the tariff. I’m not sure if Alien is as popular in Europe as it’s a big movie franchise in the US.

Aliens is massive in the UK at least. Its got cult status.

#1695 3 years ago

Did anyone catch if they said anything about the plastics and them breaking? Wasn't that an issue on the original games because they used acrylic instead of PETG?

#1696 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:This old bit from a fantastic Italian comedian making fun of "pinball culture" back in the 80s is one of the funniest things ever

taking a sharpie with me every time i head out on location.

#1697 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Did anyone catch if they said anything about the plastics and them breaking? Wasn't that an issue on the original games because they used acrylic instead of PETG?

Will be PETG:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/31#post-6021593

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

The feature list states PETG -- check on the cointaker site (• Platform Ramps & Plastics made of PET-G)

#1699 3 years ago

My opinion about the PF art and subtracting the PF screen.

I am sure the video screen is helpful and whatnot but it does take away from the art package, the planet is already iffy as far as I'm concerned but when you subtract half of the planet it just looks very meh (I mean the PF + display makes the planet look bad almost rather it was just empty space rather than the planet).

With the display removed at least we can see the whole circle of the planet and even with the ammo inserts it looks more like a typical pinball PF with inserts.

IMO mini displays are better off the PF like in DI or SW that way you can have your cake and eat it too. The display in the PF is a compromise that is good and bad.

#1700 3 years ago

Didn't the original have 2 magnets too? One in front of the Alien and one in the Aliens mouth?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/34?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.