20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 82.
#1451 3 years ago

Office pool guess

$9500 entry
$12500 loaded

#1452 3 years ago

The best $30 add on to my old alien were the beacons. I’m sure modders are standing by.

#1453 3 years ago

Are there any serious rumours that it could be built in the U.S.? American, CGC?
Those would be ideal.

#1454 3 years ago

Was watching Zack's review of Alien and they gave it a B+

They did love the pin but they said the con was PRICE. They said "8 thousand Dollars..." as if to say that was a lot. I know that was then and now people are dropping $12.5K like it's nothing on GNR CE. but to me $12K is a non-Starter. They both say something like $6500 would have been a good price.

$12K is two Stern pros or a Stern and a Hot wheels or RAZA or two CGC SE (plus shipping).....

$12K is a bit of money and I think it will drive people away in droves.

It ***********Has to be under $10K and better yet under $9K******* IMO

link at the time stamp where they say $8000 (and make it sound like it's somewhat overpriced at that)

#1455 3 years ago

My guess is $8,500 base model and $10,500 LE.

#1456 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a top 5 game
And the only game I’d never sell

Just like MM before the remake. The hype has always been bigger than the game.

Still, it's great news that it will be made available for more people to enjoy.

#1457 3 years ago

Oh my! I don't believe it. A number of these pins are actually ready to ship. I won't say how I've come to believe this because I don't want to get anyone in trouble, and I don't want to jinx it.

So now that I'm firmly and safely tucked into my flame suit I'll say this: you'll know if I'm right in less than 24 hours. So just wait a bit before you roast and skewer me.

I know that sounds impossible, unimaginable, unfathomable, crazy, but... I have quietly gathered my ducks and formed them in a neat row pending tomorrow's announcement (being the optimistic sucker that I am).

As for the rest of you, as Ash once said: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

#1458 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Oh my! I don't believe it. A number of these pins are actually ready to ship. I won't say how I've come to believe this because I don't want to get anyone in trouble, and I don't want to jinx it.
So now that I'm firmly and safely tucked into my flame suit I'll say this: you'll know if I'm right in less than 24 hours. So just wait a bit before you roast and skewer me.
I know that sounds impossible, unimaginable, unfathomable, crazy, but... I have quietly gathered my ducks and formed them in a neat row pending tomorrows announcement (being the optimistic sucker that I am).
As for the rest of you, as Ash once said: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

So will Cointaker be the only distributor?

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No idea. I'm not biting.

#1461 3 years ago

Clever.

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

They were and I still think are the only ones

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What type of code would be needed? Seems that second display was nothing more then a mirror splitter of the primary screen. Personally never seen a value added having it but looked nice.

Playfield screen was designed for there, then mirrored what was meant for a 10 inch display to the backbox, not the other way around.

I wonder how many assuming the display is pointless have actually played through Hypersleep Multiball? ... the PF display is what makes that mode so audio visually awesome.

By code differences, I mean support for differences to be activated/deactivated depending on game version. Such as Chestburster magnet (would be disabled for an original game) ... and insert layout/existence (for weapons, new lit standups, and guns. Active or not depending if there is a display, OG or Remake) ... also other things. This concept also would allow for an LE remake with a screen, as well as support updates for the OG Alien. All with the one lot of code.

Would depend on how much the old hardware differs from the new, it is a good system save for the USB and lack of cabinet cooling/airflow cooking everything. Code obviously would need to work on the old hardware as well as the new board-set for common code. Not likely perhaps because it might be restrictive and hard, but yet feasible to save a mountain of re-working All the code, or porting.

Maybe 2 or 3 versions of code that can run on both/either hardware systems, even.

We will soon see I guess. It will certainly be interesting!

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Why do you assume everyone wants an LCD in the playfield just because that's what you prefer?

I never said "everyone". If you read more carfuly and objectively I state "most".

Most people saying it is meaningles probably haven't played more that 100 games either I suspect, but of course there will always be the few whom just hate the playfield display no matter what. Fair enough, I'll wager they are a slim minority though.

I don't know anyone whom has played more than 100 games of Alien whom does not see the PF display as central to the immersion and integration. What is Audio Visual without the immersive Visual? .... A. Just Audio.

I don't notice any detractors that seem to have played more than a few dozen games at a show or whatever. With a few dozen games played there is no way anyone has seen more than about a quarter of the ways the display is utilised in amazing ways. Nor yet graspes the meaning of the variety of video effects that come into play for many of the deeper modes.

Of course still some will hate even after fully exploring the game, but still the majority would see the purpose and consider it integral, since it actually is. Plenty is lost without the display right there. That's all.

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I never said "everyone". If you read I state "most".
Most people saying it is meaningles probably haven't played more that 100 games either I suspect, but of course there will always be the few whom just hate the playfield display no matter what.
I don't know anyone whom has played more than 100 games of Alien whome does not see the PF display as central to the immersion and integration. While I don't see any detractors that seem to have played more than a few dozen games. With a few dozen games there is no way anyone has seen more than about a quarter of the ways the display is utilised in amazing ways.
Of course still some will hate even after fully exploring the game, but still the majority would see the purpose and consider it integral, since it actually is. Plenty is lost without the display right there. That's all.

I guess for me ignorance is bliss then, as I have never played Alien with the PF display, so I won’t miss something I’ve never experienced. I am just very excited to get a chance to own the game just as I was when MMr came out. Tomorrow will be an exciting day in Pinball!

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I guess for me ignorance is bliss then, as I have never played Alien with the PF display, so I won’t miss something I’ve never experienced. I am just very excited to get a chance to own the game just as I was when MMr came out. Tomorrow will be an exciting day in Pinball!

Yes indeed, I get that. Yes it will be exciting, and a great game still even without the display.

As long as they don't try to charge as though the display didn't get pulled. Changing the cabinet to a more basic design will be one of the biggest cost savigs. My persistence is just about the significance of the display to the theme integration, and people claiming it added nothing.

I mean, more is lost from the game than what the display would cost. Value. It was good value. Imho. The cabinet kinda wasn't.

I like the cabinet, it's very cool. But unlike the display, the cabinet does not warrant it's cost. Lose the cabinet but keep display, full game retained, cabinet doesn't matter for Gameplay immersion, but the display does.

I rekon that if it had the display it would justify way more $ on the Machine Selling Price, than what including the display Costs the manufacturer.

Reverse all of that for the cabinet.

Yes it is a perception thing. Different strokes. Subjective. What value on "stuff". Everybody different.

#1467 3 years ago

It all comes down to what customer base they want to sell to.
200 rich collectors with more cash than brains.
Or the majority of pinheads with no brain's like me.

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Just like MM before the remake. The hype has always been bigger than the game.

Would agree this is a true statement on pretty much any new game currently. This is not like the MM/ MMR path however. That one had a pretty predictable, happy ending.

We can hope for the best....that's about as far as I can take it.

#1469 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is not like the MM/ MMR path however. That one had a pretty predictable, happy ending.

My point is MM was more highly sought after before the remake. It's not the trophy game it used to be.

If the Alien remake is successful, the mystery, prestige of home ownership and inflated prices will follow the path of MM.

They're still both great games. It's the hype that will soften.

#1470 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I never said "everyone". If you read more carfuly and objectively I state "most".
Most people saying it is meaningles probably haven't played more that 100 games either I suspect, but of course there will always be the few whom just hate

Oh come now, have you seen the for sale posts around here? Most people don't even play pinball according to their 'plays'.

I thought the screen was cool in the brief time I got to play one. I didn't get too deep into it though because the ball kept getting stuck. Also another reason I couldn't justify dropping the money on a used one, didn't trust the reliability and lack of support...granted I know that the owners have been great, but still it's a crazy amount of money for something that could easily become a paperweight.

It will be cool if this doesn't blow up after 10 games or so off the line. I'm not about to jump to the front of the line regardless of how this is my dream theme. Crossing fingers it works out.

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

My point is MM was more highly sought after before the remake. It's not the trophy game it used to be.
If the Alien remake is successful, the mystery, prestige of home ownership and inflated prices will follow the path of MM.

Are you sure about that? They are still selling 12k remakes....and used sales aren't exactly falling. Alien isn't nearly as old as the 15k MM's prior to the remakes, and also quite a bit less of them out there. MM demand is still high regardless of the multiple runs they've done.

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Agreed.....the "If" part is the biggest unknown that will not be truly unveiled tomorrow.

In total truth, I could have lived without alot of the mystery and prestige in exchange for schematics, parts manual, and factory support...

#1473 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Are you sure about that? They are still selling 12k remakes....and used sales aren't exactly falling.

I was not aware MMr is selling for 12k. I still see them for much less.

#1474 3 years ago

Ok its 12 AM friday on the east coast, where's the podcast?

Waiting Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#1475 3 years ago

But thank God,

after all, we have one of the best manuals in the entire history of pinball.

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was watching Zack's review of Alien and they gave it a B+
They did love the pin but they said the con was PRICE. They said "8 thousand Dollars..." as if to say that was a lot. I know that was then and now people are dropping $12.5K like it's nothing on GNR CE. but to me $12K is a non-Starter. They both say something like $6500 would have been a good price.
$12K is two Stern pros or a Stern and a Hot wheels or RAZA or two CGC SE (plus shipping).....
$12K is a bit of money and I think it will drive people away in droves.
It ***********Has to be under $10K and better yet under $9K******* IMO
link at the time stamp where they say $8000 (and make it sound like it's somewhat overpriced at that)

This was an excellent review, very detailed. I just hope that Player1(my distributor here in Ontario) do something with the "Pinball Brothers" to have fully support, if they do... I’m 100% in for this game ☝️

#1477 3 years ago
065139DA-298F-4209-91EA-52F35FECD59B.jpeg065139DA-298F-4209-91EA-52F35FECD59B.jpeg
#1478 3 years ago

SE version new back glass.
At the end we will have the same art.
Only the cabinet info now...

#1479 3 years ago

I'm gong to buy one (right now) if is under 10k

Don't need a LE, I only need a well built cool game.

I'm excited, I badly want one

#1480 3 years ago

I may jump in too.

#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I don't know anyone whom has played more than 100 games of Alien whom does not see the PF display as central to the immersion and integration

I owned AlienLE for years. I loved it! Recently sold before I knew anything about this new game. The playfield monitor was useful for adding light to a dark playfield. It was definitely not, in my opinion, central to immersion/integration.

What was central to these aspects? David’s sound package coupled with the amplified bass speaker coupled with movie assets. Even though not the highest quality speaker, it was more than enough for my home environment. Another quality for immersion was the light show that was, in part, due to the videos. The PF screen added to the light show and it was neat.

But my favorite thing of all were the shots, especially the back ramp. Extremely satisfying when made and is my favorite shot in pinball. There are other shots that are very satisfying too like the inner loop from the upper flipper or the chestburster from the left midfield. The game had such a unique blend of clunky and flowing. I wonder how the new layout and magnets will affect this unique gameplay. I would be much more curious about the shots than I am the PF monitor.

Very much look forward to seeing one!

#1482 3 years ago

Played me alien last night awesome! Until the left sling started machine guning again , ohhh pinball .

#1483 3 years ago
C19B4D69-FDF3-44D3-9658-6C478DE193C2.jpegC19B4D69-FDF3-44D3-9658-6C478DE193C2.jpeg
#1484 3 years ago

Oneangrymo

If you have that issue, most the time a lose facehugger is the reason.
You have to remove the entire assy. Pull it out of the playfield and tight both of the screws of the facehugger clamp.
I had the same issue on the right, after fixing the facehugger to the bracket it's fine again.
If this doesn't help, check and setup the copper switches behind the slingshot rubber.

#1485 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yes indeed, I get that. Yes it will be exciting, and a great game still even without the display.
As long as they don't try to charge as though the display didn't get pulled. Changing the cabinet to a more basic design will be one of the biggest cost savigs. My persistence is just about the significance of the display to the theme integration, and people claiming it added nothing.
I mean, more is lost from the game than what the display would cost. Value. It was good value. Imho. The cabinet kinda wasn't.
I like the cabinet, it's very cool. But unlike the display, the cabinet does not warrant it's cost. Lose the cabinet but keep display, full game retained, cabinet doesn't matter for Gameplay immersion, but the display does.
I rekon that if it had the display it would justify way more $ on the Machine Selling Price, than what including the display Costs the manufacturer.
Reverse all of that for the cabinet.
Yes it is a perception thing. Different strokes. Subjective. What value on "stuff". Everybody different.

I understand what you are saying.

Imo if there is an LE version that costs a good deal more that would be a great distinction and reason to pay more if the put the display in the LE.

#1486 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

This was an excellent review, very detailed. I just hope that Player1(my distributor here in Ontario) do something with the "Pinball Brothers" to have fully support, if they do... I’m 100% in for this game ☝️

Nitro will be handling distro for Canada.

#1487 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Nitro will be handling distro for Canada.

Ill add Nitro is awesome. Bought my Alien a few years ago and they handled all details and game arrived packed to survive a nuclear war and was better then described.

#1488 3 years ago

with only a few hours left here, I'll throw this out there. Just my speculation......

Nitro - original distro for alien
Cointaker - folks think they will be carrying it. They are original distro for alien too.

If this ends up being true, it seems PB is rewarding the original guys for being loyal on the first run which we all know was a mess

Price - I still think 8-10k. No way they take out the PF screen (to reduce costs) and come to market 12.5.

Avail - very very soon. I think this game is ready to go and could be a Stranger Things surprise launch. PB basically said the game will be cash on the glass - no pre order BS. Another reason why I think it's ready and what would be a BIG deal for reliability.....

CGC

I think, no doubt, my 100% money is on CGC making this game. Why in the world would Chris Franchi from SAP podcast be the only one get this first? What relationship does he have with PB? Well, he's CGC. He's also the guy that said we'll see CGC next game before year end. CGC has also been MIA big time. why?

They're building alien and have been for some time.

Reading the signs here but that's my gut on this game. Let's see.

Days like this is why pinball is so fun. Let the games begin.

lodgingdolphin - thanks for the daily updates from twitter. Appreciate that. As a previous alien owner, you know this game is real deal. Happy to see the masses are now able to get a chance to experience it. For those saying the PF screen won't be missed, I disagree as the screen was definitely cool BUT it's not a deal breaker for the other trade offs. Both versions will have something to tout which is ideal.

#1489 3 years ago

What do we think about the reliability and PC hardware on the new game should it be easy to support years in the future? I’m hoping it’s a good selling pin so all involved can profit and continue to support.

It’s just so hard for me to imagine so many pinball manufacturers now that all will survive hope they all do because it’s great to have variety. Unlike 10 years ago when only one manufacturer was making pins.

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

with only a few hours left here, I'll throw this out there. Just my speculation......
Cointaker - folks think they will be carrying it. They are original distro for alien too.
If this ends up being true, it seems PB is rewarding the original guys for being loyal on the first run which we all know was a mess
Price - I still think 8-10k. No way they take out the PF screen (to reduce costs) and come to market 12.5.
Avail - very very soon. I think this game is ready to go and could be a Stranger Things surprise launch. PB basically said the game will be cash on the glass - no pre order BS. Another reason why I think it's ready and what would be a BIG deal for reliability.....
CGC
I think, no doubt, my 100% money is on CGC making this game. Why in the world would Chris Franchi from SAP podcast be the only one get this first? What relationship does he have with PB? Well, he's CGC. He's also the guy that said we'll see CGC next game before year end. CGC has also been MIA big time. why?
lodgingdolphin - thanks for the daily updates from twitter. Appreciate that. As a previous alien owner, you know this game is real deal. Happy to see the masses are now able to get a chance to experience it. For those saying the PF screen won't be missed, I disagree as the screen was definitely cool BUT it's not a deal breaker for the other trade offs. Both versions will have something to tout which is ideal.

If it’s CGC, my order is in approx 1 minute after it goes live. Anyone else, I wait until many containers worth are shipped and received.

#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

CGC

and Mr Pinball Australia

#1492 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

CGC has also been MIA big time. why?They're building alien and have been for some time. Reading the signs here but that's my gut on this game.

CGC is like wonkas chocolate factory that lay dormant for years until such time when he returned with the oompa loompas and fired the thing back up again.

#1493 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

CGC is like wonkas chocolate factory that lay dormant for years until such time when he returned with the oompa loompas and fired the thing back up again.

Seems strange having a company from sweden, making their pinballmachine in the us and thus making it unobtainable in sweden.

#1494 3 years ago

You guys think this will be a puff piece or are they going to ask the tough questions?

#1495 3 years ago

A lot of bluster about immersion, got to play 1000 games to appreciate the LCD, etc. But I would take a reliable/supported game over a PF LCD any day of the week.

It looks like there have been other subtle upgrades over HP's release so let's get the reveal on!

#1496 3 years ago

This is a dream tittle for me. Can’t wait.

#1497 3 years ago

on the verge of something wonderful here, if they can get this out the door and start settling karma with the old backers.
Exciting! Zeppelin is getting a reception similar to Munsters and Stranger Things, so this could definitely boost spirits over the holidays

#1498 3 years ago

So the SE is the standard base edition? How many models will there be and when will these be available for shipping if anybody knows yet? Dream theme besides Predator so I hope it’s true and I hope it’s reasonable.

#1499 3 years ago

I have been quietly biding my time on this one, trying to maintain a little cautious optimism that not only will I get a "dream theme" but that I will also have an option for a new game which might allow me to circumvent the ongoing Stern/JJP drama (which is getting a bit exhausting at this point), and now that we have actually reached this point I am getting more excited than I've been in a while!

#1500 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I was not aware MMr is selling for 12k. I still see them for much less.

Please tell me where, cause I cant find anything. Regular classic remakes still bring 8-8500.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/30?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.