20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 82.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is that scoop the same as the original game? Art seems to close to the edge for wear

It’s in the same location, but it’s a new design. The original had issues. This is going to need a cliffy or at least some Mylar to protect that edge.

#1352 3 years ago

so are these 'new' pics or pics of the old ones? Anyone can tell?

#1354 3 years ago

I'm 100% in as long as Cointaker is the distributor

#1355 3 years ago

Friday can’t come soon enough.

#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Sounds like you’re 100% in then!

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

They are.

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

if you go to their website, click "Games" then see Pinball Brothers

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1359 3 years ago

100% new pics. Different target colors, different ramps and a little different PF near the Scoop.
I want to see more clearly electronics now, after that I'm in..

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

100% new pics. Different target colors, different ramps and a little different PF near the Scoop.
I want to see more clearly electronics now, after that I'm in..

I am 100% in at this point. May pay off for me jumping on the bandwagon early, but I will be putting my order in for one come Friday when they get announced.

#1361 3 years ago

Any chance that maybe an "LE" or upgraded model would have the LCD on the playfield?

#1362 3 years ago

I'm in like McLovin

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

I am 100% in at this point. May pay off for me jumping on the bandwagon early, but I will be putting my order in for one come Friday when they get announced.

I tried to stay neutral.. but I'm In too.

Waiting Friday and send my request to Cointaker.

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Any chance that maybe an "LE" or upgraded model would have the LCD on the playfield?

I have heard that there most likely the sideart will just be vinyl and have not heard ANYTHING about an LE, but I would be down PENDING price, lol.

Quoted from legendpin:

Yeah I can't wait.

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

Phones on Friday at cointaker:

cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold...

cointaker (resized).jpgcointaker (resized).jpg
#1366 3 years ago

Wll look at this way. Your game will be special - as one of the 200 games that are with the playfield LCD and the AlienR owners will have a new game, in the same vein to enjoy.

Quoted from razorsedge:

I know right, I suppose I'm saying this thing isn't looking like it's going to be any kind of great value at all imho (if it comes to anything near 10k). Could have retained a well integrated relatively low cost display, and gained value way more than it's actual cost.
Without the screen... people whom haven't played the game 50 rounds have no concept of what is being taken from the game by removing a screen that at the end of the day saves relatively little $ yet takes away the whole core and atmosphere of the game.
Was a certainly a unique high end game originally, however the VE is looking clearly like it is not going to be. It's just shaping up to be "Alien Pro". ... and probably for 12.5k
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/561#post-6010783
The only way I see anyone not getting the screen is if they have not been really into the game properly and played current code on a decent copy of the game... fair too that there is very little good gameplay video of the reliable games on updated code either. No screen would have been a deal braker for me, if I wasn't already in Alienland. Especially if jacked up price too.

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

so are these 'new' pics or pics of the old ones? Anyone can tell?

Quoted from razorsedge:

Looks like lit weapon standups there?. ... so white instead of green? (see the light dot same as Xeno standups)
Hopefully they switched to leafs, those SMD switches are so prone to failure.

The pics have been of something different since the earliest twittet pics some weeks ago.

#1368 3 years ago

I'm keeping both

20201216_145605 (resized).jpg20201216_145605 (resized).jpg
#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wll look at this way. Your game will be special - as one of the 200 games that are with the playfield LCD and the AlienR owners will have a new game, in the same vein to enjoy.

I don't care... who's selling Lol

Just that poor potential remake buyers get a cut down version, missing an undeniably integral aspect. It is the visual aspect of integration and immersion that disapears without the playfield display so the game is definately less immersive without it, like it or not. More will be spewin' than not, to be sure. It is a dumb move to ditch its integration. Just stating the obvious, as unfortunate as it is for so many.

Could have been much much more demand than there will be now if no PF display option exists, for such small cost saving to the end buyer (if any). Would be unfortunate for alot of Alien people, but s#it happens I spose.

Quoted from eb94114:

Now this Would make for a smart move!!

#1370 3 years ago

I wonder if the newer parts are still going to be compatible with our older machines.?

#1371 3 years ago

I am very excited to have Alien in a standard wide body cabinet as never cared for the Heighway cabinet, as for the screen in the playfield not being there I am fine with it, I just want the game. The theme, sound and immersion on this game are incredible! I never thought I would get the chance to own one.

What a month this has been! First McDonald’s brings back the McRib and now PB brings back Alien.

4B03C528-4044-4C83-A561-65C08BCA791B (resized).jpeg4B03C528-4044-4C83-A561-65C08BCA791B (resized).jpeg
#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am very excited to have Alien in a standard wide body cabinet as never cared for the Heighway cabinet, as for the screen in the playfield not being there I am fine with it, I just want the game. The theme, sound and immersion on this game are incredible! I never thought I would get the chance to own one.
What a month this has been! First McDonald’s brings back the McRib and now PB brings back Alien.

[quoted image]

Where's the rib in dat mcrib?

#1373 3 years ago

If it's a strip down version by not having the LCD in the playfield I expect a good price point. working out the bugs and the issues from the previous version goes without saying and should just be done. I'd love to be on board with my money but the ball is in their Court.

Friday all shall be revealed. Hopefully.

#1374 3 years ago

There's still a very good chance that the LCD will still be on the game even if it's no longer in the middle of the playfield. LCD screens themselves don't add much to the BOM if the assets are already coded.

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There's still a very good chance that the LCD will still be on the game even if it's no longer in the middle of the playfield. LCD screens themselves don't add much to the BOM if the assets are already coded.

Although anywhere but centre of playfield loses the effect of visuals, info and scenes right in front of your eyes without looking away from the action. In the apron, might as well not bother and look up at the backbox like the olden days. Look away to focus on a tiny apron screen, or glance at big backbox screen. Same. It only belongs in one place to be useful, where it was designed for.

#1376 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wonder if the newer parts are still going to be compatible with our older machines.?

Some new Xeno targets would be great, if they have been upgraded to leaf switches. The SMD switches are absolutely hopeless.

Looks like some parts that will cross over, but also many that will not.

#1377 3 years ago

Totally up for it if they change pf art. Original was lackluster.

#1378 3 years ago

Anyone know where and what time the podcast is on Friday? I don't want to miss it

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Like they were going to do entrance switches but didn’t.

Exactly this. I designed the sides to have entrance switch gates attached to them with overhead signs, but that was dropped. Nobody really liked the sign designs.

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Just that poor potential remake buyers get a cut down version, missing an undeniably integral aspect. It is the visual aspect of integration and immersion that disapears without the playfield display so the game is definately less immersive without it, like it or not. More will be spewin' than not, to be sure. It is a dumb move to ditch its integration. Just stating the obvious, as unfortunate as it is for so many.

Speak for yourself. I played the game at an expo, and i wasnt thrilled about the LCD. Yeah it was nice, but really didnt care for it much.

The game-play and music were top notch which is a much more important factor for me.

#1382 3 years ago

whats that supposed to be in the middle for playfield screen? Turrets and what are those white boxes
Looks like the same thing to me.

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Phones on Friday at cointaker:
cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold, cointaker please hold...
[quoted image]

Yep true!

#1384 3 years ago
2C57C4EE-D179-4112-BA48-2FB2BA0240FD.jpeg2C57C4EE-D179-4112-BA48-2FB2BA0240FD.jpeg
#1385 3 years ago

Don't you stick your tongue out at me James!!

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Speak for yourself. I played the game at an expo, and i wasnt thrilled about the LCD. Yeah it was nice, but really didnt care for it much.
The game-play and music were top notch which is a much more important factor for me.

Until I played several hundred games I was the same as you. PF Screen is over reted. Thought that through two shows, and then a few dozen private games on my mates... then not until I had my own did I actually "get" it, seen what it does once you Use it. Hundreds of games in.

You never know if the grass is greener, unless you tried it.

The screen might not be something people "get" before they know the game well. Just an observation. But if people don't know what they're missing its a moot point, fair enough I guess.

New pinball whichever way, Good Job!

#1387 3 years ago

The playfield screen was cool and useful if you were able to get used to it, but I think the addition of the second magnet to set up shots for the upper right flipper is a huge improvement.

Quoted from Indypin:

Don't you stick your tongue out at me James!!

I’m ready.

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

The playfield screen was cool and useful if you were able to get used to it, but I think the addition of the second magnet to set up shots for the upper right flipper is a huge improvement.

I’m ready.

where is the second magnet?

#1389 3 years ago

On the right side infront of the right egg.
I wonder whether is there a drop target with chestburster or not?

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

On the right side infront of the right egg.
I wonder whether is there a drop target with chestburster or not?

Hmmm.. new machine with new magnet, or stick with current machine and playfield monitor. Tough choice. Will wait for cabinet pics!

#1391 3 years ago

Did PB contact the programmers Brian and Joe? Someone had to add the new inserts to the code in place of the center LCD and I would imagine several other code tweaks.

#1392 3 years ago

Anyone know the actual time of the podcast today?

#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Anyone know the actual time of the podcast today?

The podcast is going to be on Friday 12/18 on The Super Awesome Pinball Show. Don,t know what time though. I am sure they will let us know, hopefully today.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

whats that supposed to be in the middle for playfield screen? Turrets and what are those white boxes
Looks like the same thing to me.

I believe the white boxes show your ammo count, as you burn thru your ammo the indicators go down.

#1395 3 years ago

I believe the white boxes show your ammo count, as you burn thru your ammo the indicators go down.

I liked how SST used the pf display to keep track of bugs left to kill. As cost cutting as Sega was they found a way to put something on pf.

#1396 3 years ago

I heard around noon tomorrow the podcast should be ready.

#1397 3 years ago

Hmm. thats not too bad, but I do like that playfield monitor, I use that rather then the main monitor when I play.

I wonder how much demand there actually is for a new Alien.

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Could have been much much more demand than there will be now if no PF display option exists, for such small cost saving to the end buyer (if any). Would be unfortunate for alot of Alien people, but s#it happens I spose.

Now this Would make for a smart move!!

I just dont understand why they are taking them out?? They dont appear to be problematic... Doesn't make sense to me, but they must have a reason.

#1399 3 years ago

The reason is cost reduction!

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The reason is cost reduction!

For who? I bet nearly 100% of Alien buyers would opt to pay more if the screen was included.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.