20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 82.
#1251 3 years ago

Heres what I'm hoping for....
1. Smaller/standard backbox video screen, allowing for a real back glass artwork by Franchi.
2. Full new Franchi cab artwork.
3. Reliable proven manufacturer.
4. William's flippers.

Good luck Pinball Brothers, I hope you can pull this off. Watching Hieghway and Dutch fall apart, has been the most disappointing thing in this hobby, as Alien and Lebowski are great games.

But no game is worth $12.5., $8.5 would be a reasonable entry price point, if there are deluxe models above that, so be it.
Spooky's customizable model is my favorite, offer a standard, then tons of cool options if you want to spend $10 grand.

Anyway, good luck.

#1252 3 years ago

Or they could go back to the original backglass Brian Allen designed for it...

Alien-Backglass-1030x1030 (resized).jpgAlien-Backglass-1030x1030 (resized).jpg

#1253 3 years ago

Yeah, I just dont dig the giant video screens, JJP and Hieghway back boxes are just ugly to me. I'd rather have a great art package, whoever does it.

#1254 3 years ago

Well I guess at this time, we just have to wait and see. I am interested in one pending its less than 10k fully loaded more or less similar to a JJP LE. Also I have heard they will be shipping games out and the first batch will be sooner than we think.

#1255 3 years ago

Who’s manufacturing this game?
AP?

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious in the code there are two movies are they two separate completely or just how you start out?

You can choose your movie at the start of the game, which locks you into that movie’s set of 5 modes. If you complete all 5 modes, you automatically switch to the other movie.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Who’s manufacturing this game?
AP?

Someone in Europe.

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

If I remember correctly, you pick which movie you want to play, Alien or Aliens....

Alien or aliens with the flipper button best integration of music sound and movie clips , especially scenes like loader battle . Amazing
Gameplay if u get deep

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

1. Smaller/standard backbox video screen, allowing for a real back glass artwork by Franchi.
4. William's flippers.
Good luck Pinball Brothers, I hope you can pull this off. Watching Hieghway and Dutch fall apart, has been the most disappointing thing in this hobby, as Alien and Lebowski are great games.
But no game is worth $12.5., $8.5 would be a reasonable entry price point, if there are deluxe models above that, so be it.
Spooky's customizable model is my favorite, offer a standard, then tons of cool options if you want to spend $10 grand.
Anyway, good luck.

How about more like a $6000 entry price point comparable to a pro or a CGC CE remake!

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

4. William's flippers.
Anyway, good luck.

Yeah, I think it would be cooler if it had a traditional backglass, with score led's that kind of matched the computer tech from the movies. I do say leave the LCD in the pf though...or at least move it to a small one on the apron or something. Completely losing out on the tracker just seems foolish since it was already there and integrated well.

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

If I remember correctly, you pick which movie you want to play, Alien or Aliens....

Exactly, I thought that was a great idea..Surprised more games didn't do this..

#1262 3 years ago
BF8C7043-51C3-41CF-989E-AC8641B5EF54.jpegBF8C7043-51C3-41CF-989E-AC8641B5EF54.jpeg
#1263 3 years ago

These boards are not a great sign. Look to be similar proximity switches as original.

Glad to see them in a board but concerned if they are same tech and now you need to swap a whole board when one fails

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

These boards are not a great sign. Look to be similar proximity switches as original.
Glad to see them in a board but concerned if they are same tech and now you need to swap a whole board when one fails

Could they be soldered on from unseen bottom of board, maybe unsolder bad one and pop off like a TIP?

#1265 3 years ago
7ADC3DF2-75CF-44C5-93A5-65B83803C23C.jpeg7ADC3DF2-75CF-44C5-93A5-65B83803C23C.jpeg
#1266 3 years ago

Same playfield, same induction switch system, same art (on the back) for the cabinet.
Not changed that much after all.

#1267 3 years ago

What’s in the center of the play field if no monitor ?

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Looks like sentry gun ammo levels? Possibly an led for each different type of gun / weapon? Could be wrong . .

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1270 3 years ago

It would be very cool if they were able to get Sigourney Weaver to sign off on this. Would love to hear her callouts.

#1271 3 years ago

Is the playfield information re sentry guns and weapons still / also represented in the video in the backbox screen?

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

It would be very cool if they were able to get Sigourney Weaver to sign off on this. Would love to hear her callouts.

It's not like she's making movies , why not take the money and have some fun like Elvira does. It would make it one step closer to perfection.

#1273 3 years ago

Compared to a Stern Pro/Premium where should this fall pricing-wise based on its features?

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Compared to a Stern Pro/Premium where should this fall pricing-wise based on its features?

In ditching the screen they've made it a gutted out stern Pro, 7k max for the no screens option, one would certainly expect. No central screen and no big screen either, no way 10k is justifiable. Atmosphere is gone to boot.

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

It's not like she's making movies , why not take the money and have some fun like Elvira does. It would make it one step closer to perfection.

Wut? LMAO. Her career is as strong as ever.

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

In ditching the screen they've made it a gutted out stern Pro, 7k max for the no screens option, one would certainly expect. No central screen and no big screen either, no way 10k is justifiable. Atmosphere is gone to boot.

Small company, no way this is only 7k....

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I disagree. The playfield and lights for me is where the main portion of atmosphere is contained and the rules are what makes a game really shine. There are intact. I liked the center screen and large display but not necessary. Also if its priced like a Stern pro it will be much more accessible to everyone in the hobby who wants to buy it. Just for sheer theme alone if this thing all happens I'm gonna be a very happy portly little man. That's right I threw portly in there.

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

why not take the money and have some fun like Elvira does.

Cause that would suck. Out of place pinball call outs that won't sound like they belong, always the worst part of Elvira pins. Quotes from the film would be ok.
JMO

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Cause that would suck. Out of place pinball call outs that won't sound like they belong, always the worst part of Elvira pins. Quotes from the film would be ok.
JMO

I can’t recall ever disagreeing with a post more.

To me Elvira’s call-outs on Scared Stiff are the best and most entertaining in all of pinball.

To each his own, I guess

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

This is looking really good to me. Someone will mod another screen under glass. Shoot, I may do that. But most likely I’ll ultimately keep my original for the screens and cabinet, which are over the top.

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You forget that Europeans are now paying 10k for a stern premium.

That's a no brainer really, no theme comes even close to Alien.

#1282 3 years ago

Anybody else besides me think CGC is going to build these?

#1283 3 years ago

Honestly disappointed there is no playfield LCD.

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Appears somebody was thinking that when they created this thread.

D594D093-F8B9-4D60-A7BE-1C60B245BC4A.jpegD594D093-F8B9-4D60-A7BE-1C60B245BC4A.jpeg
#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Honestly disappointed there is no playfield LCD.

someone will make a mod to add it under the glass somewhere in the game...get ready to spend an extra $350

#1286 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

someone will make a mod to add it under the glass somewhere in the game...get ready to spend an extra $350

Might look good on the apron?

#1287 3 years ago

The only NIB game I have purchased was LOTR which I no longer have. I almost got a Houdini, but there were too many problems with the flippers and catapult for the trunk when it first came out so I didn't get one. Aliens came and went because of the original company went bankrupt and here we are getting ready for a second round. I am definitely getting a NIB one of these. Alien and Aliens are two of my all time favorite movies along with the 1st Matrix and Terminator 1 and 2. Looking forward to next week!

#1288 3 years ago

Just remember what a beauty this ALIEN is.

DSCN8249 (resized).JPGDSCN8249 (resized).JPG

#1289 3 years ago

Depending how it is intergrated... something besides the screen could be nice.

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Small company, no way this is only 7k....

I know right, I suppose I'm saying this thing isn't looking like it's going to be any kind of great value at all imho (if it comes to anything near 10k). Could have retained a well integrated relatively low cost display, and gained value way more than it's actual cost.

Without the screen... people whom haven't played the game 50 rounds have no concept of what is being taken from the game by removing a screen that at the end of the day saves relatively little $ yet takes away the whole core and atmosphere of the game.

Was a certainly a unique high end game originally, however the VE is looking clearly like it is not going to be. It's just shaping up to be "Alien Pro". ... and probably for 12.5k

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/561#post-6010783

The only way I see anyone not getting the screen is if they have not been really into the game properly and played current code on a decent copy of the game... fair too that there is very little good gameplay video of the reliable games on updated code either. No screen would have been a deal braker for me, if I wasn't already in Alienland. Especially if jacked up price too.

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I know right, I suppose I'm saying this thing isn't looking like it's going to be any kind of great value at all imho (if it comes to anything near 10k). Could have retained a well integrated relatively low cost display, and gained value way more than it's actual cost.
Without the screen... people whom haven't played the game 50 rounds have no concept of what is being taken from the game by removing a screen that at the end of the day saves relatively little $ yet takes away the core and atmosphere of the game.
Was a high end game originally, the VE is not going to be. It's just shaping up to be "Alien Pro".

I never really thought the screen was very good to be honest.

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So you missed something or just not that into Alien theme?. Someting else? . There would be some reason I guess?

For me I actually don't like the look of the inserts art either, as well on top, it essentially looks really tacky to me. Just a major cut down of the full game removing the core. Replacing with rainbow colours.

PB setting themselves up for a fail it looks like to me, but maybe I'm wrong and alot of Alien lovers aren't so fussed about theme integration and atmosphere....

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It's one of my favorite things on my Alien. But there will be a way to figure out an alternative.

#1294 3 years ago

Playfield screen is one of the unique selling points of this pin imo. Without it, with just the backbox screen, you’ve basically just got a JJP.

Not saying it’s the be all and end all, but if you’ve got a marquee product then you want to stand out a bit. Why cut things unless it’s absolutely necessary? I’d rather pay an extra $/£250 or whatever (which I’m sure is more than the parts would cost) and have the screen, integrated with the game code and OEM, than save that amount on the front end and just constantly be thinking what could’ve been...

Robbing Peter to pay Paul springs to mind.

#1295 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I’m thinking AP. They are working on a contract game I hear next.

Will see.

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I can’t recall ever disagreeing with a post more.

First of all, thank you very much. I mean that.

SS callouts were kinda ok for the first few games then they became like a torture device. Simply awful. But as u said "To each his own" Funny call outs for the most part aren't funny and become tedious very quickly. SR ruined BK3 trying to be funny. Just make it in line with the theme and end it there. If Sigourney lays down some bad attempts at Alien humor with pinball quotes that shouldn't be there it will ruin the pin.

#1297 3 years ago

PB setting up for a massive win

Some of you guys whining about price haven’t been paying attention to the current state of pinball.

It ain’t no Stern pro. And it’s Alien

It’s already a great game and now with expanded code

Most people have never had a chance to play it

It has FAR exceeded my expectations and is the last game I’d ever sell

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PB setting up for a massive win
Some of you guys whining about price haven’t been paying attention to the current state of pinball.
It ain’t no Stern pro. And it’s Alien
It’s already a great game and now with expanded code
Most people have never had a chance to play it
It has FAR exceeded my expectations and is the last game I’d ever sell

Agree with you here, it’s exceptional.

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

JMO

Totally agree. This is not a comedy title. Thank jebus for that too, because prior to Alien and others like Spooky games there were basically no thriller themes that weren't ruined by laying on too thick with simple toilet humor or whatever... A laugh's great, but lame jokes just wind up annoying after enough years.

#1300 3 years ago
6CFE9948-D73C-4C71-8E47-CE125C47B082.jpeg6CFE9948-D73C-4C71-8E47-CE125C47B082.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/26?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.