20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 82.
#1201 3 years ago

All that I know is that it'd be obsurd to manufacturer outside of America as majority of pinball buyers are here. Seemly Cointaker is a distributor and quite excited.

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

2 more weeks! Oh wait that was a different company...

Naw technically same company...

#1203 3 years ago

I remember seeing Heighway post pictures and videos of games fully boxed going on trucks for ships destined to the US. Remember that, everyone?

Until I see 100+ Pinsiders raving about their newly unboxed Alien 2.0-WBE-widebody-no PF LCD-better facehugger-whatever version of the game, I ain't moving two wooden nickels.

I get it. It was a great game and immersion is awesome and sound and light shows are amazing and all that. I definitely got my fill of it, but until they are showering Pinside like Oprah does her audience with cars, I am staying emotionally detached from this.

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Plenty of changes under the apron, probably a good thing...

Looks like the flipper mechs are being changed as well - hopefully the use of off the shelf WMS mechs will get the overall costs down and also mean easier to source parts for maintenance

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I have a couple of European (built) games now. The quality is through the roof on both. I’d bet Pinball Brothers will do a great job.

Great, but when TBL and Alien are pretty much both failures who gives a shit. I would much rather have an Alien pin by Stern even if its little baron, I mean its gonna play fast and the LE would have enough stuff in it for those who need that and at least it would be in my house, its a guarantee, I can play the thing. I couldn't care less about build quality if they can't deliver. Pinball Brothers has a massive hurdle to jump, I hope they do and I hope many of u send them money to make it happen, I'm not. Until its over here and I can play one and buy it on the spot its not happening.

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Great, but when TBL and Alien are pretty much both failures who gives a shit. I would much rather have an Alien pin by Stern even if its little baron, I mean its gonna play fast and the LE would have enough stuff in it for those who need that and at least it would be in my house, its a guarantee, I can play the thing. I couldn't care less about build quality if they can't deliver. Pinball Brothers has a massive hurdle to jump, I hope they do and I hope many of u send them money to make it happen, I'm not. Until its over here and I can play one and buy it on the spot its not happening.

Got it, Stern reliably delivers. Stern does a great job getting games out, but we are talking about boutique pinball here. With any luck, a couple of hundred will come quickly, but more likely it’s a trickle and you’ll have look for one to play.

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Pinball Brothers has a massive hurdle to jump, I hope they do and I hope many of u send them money to make it happen, I'm not. Until its over here and I can play one and buy it on the spot its not happening.

Based on what they've posted, it looks like that's their plan ... we'll just have to wait & see how it pans out

Alien (resized).JPGAlien (resized).JPG
#1208 3 years ago

So who would most likely be the Australian distributor?

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

So who would most likely be the Australian distributor?

Wayne was the Heighway disti, so a fair chance he'd be the PB disti ... but guess we'll find out

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Stern completely destroyed stranger things.
No thank you.

On topic, i've only played alien a couple of times.
What stood out was the strange layout of the out/inlanes.
The extremely poor illumination and the awesome playfield monitor.
Having a new magnet seems like a really poor trade.

#1211 3 years ago
FE359DCB-3B05-497F-B64C-25A4B17CC526.jpegFE359DCB-3B05-497F-B64C-25A4B17CC526.jpeg
#1212 3 years ago

So what part is that?

#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So what part is that?

a gate?

#1214 3 years ago

I don't like this hide and seek...

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So what part is that?

Can't you see it's clearly a .... a..... metal thingamabob-thingy

Pinball Bro's posting pics of stuff we can't even guess what it is seems rather meaningless imo.

#1216 3 years ago

I think it’s the kick out scoop under the airlock ?

Oh who knows

#1217 3 years ago

Really hoping these are available soon. Jonathan from ASOA owes me one and I really want it!

#1218 3 years ago

I don’t get why it’s important. Can’t they show us their final product instead ?

#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I don’t get why it’s important. Can’t they show us their final product instead ?

sometimes you have to dangle a little playfield, a little switch, or a little knob to make people excited. Just the way it is I guess. Next they will show us a little leg.

#1220 3 years ago

...or an egg?

#1221 3 years ago

drum roll please !

#1222 3 years ago
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#1223 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

sometimes you have to dangle a little playfield, a little switch, or a little knob to make people excited. Just the way it is I guess. Next they will show us a little leg.

.... Wait til after that, when you see the apron lift up a little bit!

..... I'd much rather wait til we get the Full Flash, Under the Apron, Legs, and Everything .... now just expose All!!! ... Get Into it! .

#1224 3 years ago

reminds me of that monster from Last of us 2 .

#1225 3 years ago

I kinda wondered why it was that Back Alley Creations would come out with a variant of the pop bumper egg which is open, but matches the standard all closed egg tops. A new mold, to sell 50-100?. Well after the bust. The original eggs are from the same maker afaik, both available. I'd say we will see pop bumpers with a mix of closed and open pop bumper eggs.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I kinda wondered why it was that Back Alley Creations would come out with a variant of the pop bumper egg which is open, but matches the standard all closed egg tops. A new mold, to sell 50-100?. Well after the bust. The original eggs are from the same maker afaik, both available. I'd say we will see pop bumpers with a mix of closed and open pop bumper eggs.

I believe both egg styles were done for tge original project. Memory is foggy on this one...

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Stern completely destroyed stranger things.
No thank you.

That's a good point. One pin made on a show u like that didn't deliver to ur expectations and write off the company from making a good Alien pin that we actually know we will receive. Brilliant.

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I remember seeing Heighway post pictures and videos of games fully boxed going on trucks for ships destined to the US. Remember that, everyone?
Until I see 100+ Pinsiders raving about their newly unboxed Alien 2.0-WBE-widebody-no PF LCD-better facehugger-whatever version of the game, I ain't moving two wooden nickels.
I get it. It was a great game and immersion is awesome and sound and light shows are amazing and all that. I definitely got my fill of it, but until they are showering Pinside like Oprah does her audience with cars, I am staying emotionally detached from this.

NPO is dead on - I'd love to own another, but not buying until it is a proven pin.
I bet cointaker is just falling over themselves to become a distributor again after getting screwed the first time.

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I bet cointaker is just falling over themselves to become a distributor again after getting screwed the first time.

in similar spirit to deposit holders being offered 50% vouchers to ease a portion of their losses, i can only hope that cointaker is getting some sort of deal as well to help recover some of the coin taken in the first go-round.

#1230 3 years ago

1EFEE876-8EA0-4D32-BAEF-2D9BD2570C38 (resized).jpeg1EFEE876-8EA0-4D32-BAEF-2D9BD2570C38 (resized).jpeg

#1231 3 years ago

Maybe the art of pinball guy will add his crazy blast of air/steam mod to the new Alien....

(insert flashback 6 years ago, video no longer works)

"hahahahahahahahahha
you cant! make this with smoke machine. i am a special effects man 12 years!
you want to come and work with me?
its never ever can be done!
its very very funny what you say. please make this. take a video. post here and i give you free 1000 neon sign!
how the smoke comes out when you hit on this ship only in the 3 hit?
if you put smoke inside pipe you get only hot air!
and fog machine, solenoid and air compressor you pay more then 300$ and what with the board? more 450$!!!!
good luck hahahahahahha"

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

.... Wait til after that, when you see the apron lift up a little bit!
..... I'd much rather wait til we get the Full Flash, Under the Apron, Legs, and Everything .... now just expose All!!! ... Get Into it! .

I'm waiting for pics with lifted pop skirts.

#1233 3 years ago

Alien is a dream theme for me. I played an early one at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show that had problems, it was one of the touring protos, but even then I could tell I wanted it because of the look, feel and sound. If this does go to production and I get to see a good working sample, it's definitely a game I'd buy. But like everyone else... I'm not prepaying or buying sight unseen, I don't gamble on pinball machines. If it happens, it happens.

#1234 3 years ago

Not long to go!

A4B351A8-9424-4AD3-AD72-B9C94AD7DB63 (resized).jpegA4B351A8-9424-4AD3-AD72-B9C94AD7DB63 (resized).jpeg
#1235 3 years ago

It looks like an Alien TV show is in the works, seems like a great time to relaunch the pin...

alien (resized).jpgalien (resized).jpg
#1237 3 years ago

That metal part can be seen in the top middle of this picture.En6FQitXUAEgWDS - Copy (resized).jpgEn6FQitXUAEgWDS - Copy (resized).jpg

#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

That metal part can be seen in the top middle of this picture.[quoted image]

Ahh so it is possibly a diverter or gate to allow hypersleep to feed habitrail and hold balls.

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It looks like an Alien TV show is in the works, seems like a great time to relaunch the pin...
[quoted image]

Alien: Awakening apparently IS happening too...for whatever it's worth..those movies have been less than great.

#1240 3 years ago

Seems like a good bet that Chris Franchi will be on the cabinet art, and the art package otherwise remains the same.

#1241 3 years ago

I already have an Alien LE, and my basement is too full for new pins, but I started moving slowly into my parents basement without them knowing.. so I could have the original pin in my basement and the newer one in theirs. Only if its worth it tho, if its the same machine ,just updated parts and no playfield monitor, I think Ill pass.

#1242 3 years ago

You will...

#1243 3 years ago

(edited)

#1244 3 years ago

Please don't argue my German friends, it's only pinball!!

#1245 3 years ago

At least we can have some fun here predicting what will go in it-
CE: Radcals Chris Franchi art, PDI glass, shaker, illuminated side and back art, topper $12,500
LE: remove above $9500
SE: Alien toy $50

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

At least we can have some fun here predicting what will go in it-
CE: Radcals Chris Franchi art, PDI glass, shaker, illuminated side and back art, topper $12,500
LE: remove above $9500
SE: Alien toy $50

CE.. hmm. needs sigourney weavers signature

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

CE.. hmm. needs sigourney weavers signature

Than ist will be 13500,-

#1248 3 years ago

Who is this .... lamihh
I don't know him, I don't care about him.

I have Dave Sanders signature... man, this machine is invaluable now.

#1249 3 years ago

I’m curious in the code there are two movies are they two separate completely or just how you start out?

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious in the code there are two movies are they two separate completely or just how you start out?

If I remember correctly, you pick which movie you want to play, Alien or Aliens....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/25?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.