20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 82.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you own alien? Just curious b/c you seem very opinionated about how it plays vs other games.
I actually own the game and can confirm it plays and feels different than my other games and would def not feel the same if it was in a WB williams build.
Prob should own the game before being so definitive but well, that ship has sailed.

Needing to become a proficient Alien tech is the only reason I started coming to pinside. Yes I own too many games, my apologies. Unfortunately this is about the only game I have encountered to actually Not Have A Workshop Manual? ... WTF?

My experience clearly differs to yours in some way or another. Doesn't feel significantly different to nudge to me at all, no different than any other monsterously heavy widebody. Matter of opinion, obviously.

Yeah it is very different to nudge than a cardboard stern cabinet, of course, but to me it nudges with the same degree of stability as my TZ ... I am at least comparing similar weight machines.

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Needing to become a proficient Alien tech is the only reason I started coming to pinside. Yes I own too many games, my apologies. Unfortunately this is about the only game I have encountered to actually Not Have A Workshop Manual? ... WTF?
My experience clearly differs to yours in some way or another. Doesn't feel significantly different to nudge to me at all, no different than any other monsterously heavy widebody. Matter of opinion, obviously.
Yeah it is very different to nudge than a cardboard stern cabinet, of course, but to me it nudges with the same degree of stability as my TZ ... I am at least comparing similar weight machines.

I've got mine next to WOZECLE, and across from my TZ. They all feel "heavy" when nudging, etc. and equally stable. I'd be curious how Alien would look and play in a Williams style widebody cab. Suspect pretty similar if all that changed was the cab. Don't really care, as I like mine, and wish others could get one..

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I have never noticed Alien to be any more or less stable than my Twilight Zone.

Quoted from delt31:

Do you own Alien?

His games list shows he owns Alien Star. Close enough?

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

His games list shows he owns Alien Star. Close enough?

Yeah I stopped updating that somewhere after 20... got a bit behind. Sorry.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yeah I stopped updating that somewhere after 20... got a bit behind. Sorry.

Touche

#806 4 years ago

If you want to play a game that is "heavy" to nudge, try a Whoa Nellie on it's crate, makes all others seem flimsy by comparison

#807 4 years ago

It's getting closer to the end of the year. If I bet $500 on a new Alien being shipped this year, I'd be feeling pretty nervous...

#808 4 years ago

I’d take that bet.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’d take that bet.

I'd take that 500$.

2 weeks later
#810 4 years ago

How about this scenario: American Pinball does the remake. They have experience with doing this on a small level with Magic Girl, CGC seems too busy, and DR has other plans. Makes sense for AP, since it would be a big win, and for Pinball Brothers to get it done in the US, where most customers live. Maybe someone already addressed this but I didn’t see it scanning through.

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

How about this scenario: American Pinball does the remake. They have experience with doing this on a small level with Magic Girl, CGC seems too busy, and DR has other plans. Makes sense for AP, since it would be a big win, and for Pinball Brothers to get it done in the US, where most customers live. Maybe someone already addressed this but I didn’t see it scanning through.

When Ferret came over to AP after working on Alien, I asked if that meant AP was picking up Alien production. Josh said no way, not happening.

So, no, AP isn't doing Alien according to Josh at AP.

#812 4 years ago

Is there a link to the pre-order list?!

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When Ferret came over to AP after working on Alien, I asked if that meant AP was picking up Alien production. Josh said no way, not happening.
So, no, AP isn't doing Alien according to Josh at AP.

I hope Josh’s no actually meant yes...

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I hope Josh’s no actually meant yes...

Does Josh make business decisions?

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Does Josh make business decisions?

Not that I'm aware of. Pinball Bros probably has some sort of nondisclosure, so the answer would likely be no from any manufacturer, and ask forgiveness later... "Maybe" and "I don't know" are interpreted as yes, so that would be a tough position to be in.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is there a link to the pre-order list?!

You're confusing something. It is Alien not Predator. But there you can get mixed up. A, P AvsP ....

1 week later
#818 4 years ago

Nothing new from the podcaster? Funny, he seemed so sure.

12BD3CD8-4BEE-4193-89CD-062083EF4458 (resized).jpeg12BD3CD8-4BEE-4193-89CD-062083EF4458 (resized).jpeg
#819 4 years ago

I bet that we'll hear something big sometime during IAAPA or Freeplay Florida . . .

#822 4 years ago

Pretty sure Ice is still taking action on this.

You just gotta catch him at the right time if you know what I mean (glug glug)

#823 4 years ago

Well . . . .
It seems that this won't be happening until early next year. Glad I didn't take any of those bets!

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Well . . . .
It seems that this won't be happening until early next year. Glad I didn't take any of those bets!

Yeah, so much for IAAPA and Florida Freeplay...disappointing.

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Yeah, so much for IAAPA and Florida Freeplay...disappointing.

Very disappointing.

1 week later
#826 4 years ago

So December is in 3 hours and no one knows anything? All this by the end of the year talk has got me suspicious.

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

So December is in 3 hours and no one knows anything? All this by the end of the year talk has got me suspicious.

Welcome to the Alien thread!

#828 4 years ago

Looking at a variety of obscure information snippets from a range of places, which at first glance might seem to be unrelated... I have some sneaking suspicions.

We'll see Alien at TPF, put together by DR for PB.

2 weeks later
#829 4 years ago

Kaneda's new prediction on his recent podcast is that more alien machines are coming... still not sure if I believe it.

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Kaneda's new prediction on his recent podcast is that more alien machines are coming... still not sure if I believe it.

Yeah, on their way to US with new shaped cabinets!

Hobby is crazy at the moment!!!

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

So December is in 3 hours and no one knows anything? .

I know something!

It's bullshit. Alien is as dead as Newt at the start of Alien Cubed.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know something!

But they are on there way to the US right now!

#833 4 years ago

But they are on there way to the US right now!

I HEARD IT ON THE INTERNETS!!

#834 4 years ago

Did it come with his patented ass-tat guarantee?

#835 4 years ago

By now that dude's ass must look like a bulletin board.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know something!

Not going to downvote you cause it's most likely true...but...boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

By now that dude's ass must look like a bulletin board.

Think he's got room left for a missing cat poster?

#838 4 years ago

Passed on R&M (which was really really hard) for the chance that Alien is coming. Am I kidding myself? Perhaps. Still trusting in iceman44

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Passed on R&M (which was really really hard) for the chance that Alien is coming. Am I kidding myself? Perhaps. Still trusting in iceman44

Why? I'm going to use my R&M to fund an Alien if that actually happens. R&M will be all delivered by the time this hits the streets.

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why? I'm going to use my R&M to fund an Alien if that actually happens. R&M will be all delivered by the time this hits the streets.

To be honest (and this may not be a popular opinion), I wasn't wowed by the short R&M reveal video. I expected more, so to gamble $12K (Australian Dollars) on it and also wait a possible year for one, I thought i'd rather hold onto the $$ and use it on a machine I have wanted for a long long time.

PS: If R&M turns out to be awesome and Alien doesn't eventuate, then I'll probably kick myself.

#841 4 years ago

Ah @zablon, i misunderstood your point - sorry. Yeah, not a bad plan - selling R&M if Alien eventuates. All I know is that the earliest R&Ms to hit Australia is late August 2020, so surely Alien will be shown by then or the rumour is killed off once and for all.

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Ah zablon, i misunderstood your point - sorry. Yeah, not a bad plan - selling R&M if Alien eventuates. All I know is that the earliest R&Ms to hit Australia is late August 2020, so surely Alien will be shown by then or the rumour is killed off once and for all.

Well I was kind of joking, it would really depend on how good/bad R&M actually is. I honestly think ^^ isn't going to happen, but who knows. Would be awesome if so.

#843 4 years ago

Wasn't there bets made on if this would be revealed by end of the year? Keep hope alive!!!

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Wasn't there bets made on if this would be revealed by end of the year? Keep hope alive!!!

Surely if this was hypothetically imminent, they would wait until the announcement of the current generic stern pin is just starting to hype up (over the mediocre theme)... then suck out a heap of that hype by dumping this actual killer theme/pinball game into the public view...

1 week later
#845 4 years ago

Saw that delt31 put his Alien up for sale, maybe a sign that we will see a remake in 2020?

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Saw that delt31 put his Alien up for sale, maybe a sign that we will see a remake in 2020?

I thought he wrote he would never sell it. Anyone do what he wants and write as well.
Good luck with the sale. Mine stay at home and I don’t care for a remake.
Every new releases, things turn out crazy.

#847 4 years ago

I said the same thing about my pirates but life evolves things change daily and for the right price everything is for sale... I will definitely miss Pirates but it was nice to surprise my family with flight tickets and a cruise and buy a little used car for my son!

#848 4 years ago

Any truth to the CGC rumor?

#849 4 years ago

Hi all. I'm just now joining this thread to celebrate New Years here.
I scanned a little bit but..... Would someone be kind enough to bring me up to speed?

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hi all. I'm just now joining this thread to celebrate New Years here.
I scanned a little bit but..... Would someone be kind enough to bring me up to speed?

Easy. No one knows anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/17?hl=vpv1rgin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.