(Topic ID: 238792)

Alien Pinball - Will another company manufacture this pin again?

By pcprogrammer

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 816 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Metengo
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic poll

“Will Chicago Gaming manufacture Alien pinball?”

• Yes, I believe it will happen 104 votes
    32%
  • No way, not a chance 223 votes
    68%

(327 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ez (resized).jpg
napkin (resized).jpg
E1D561AA-F233-4DAE-84CC-9D36621C8D6B (resized).jpeg
4F8666A4-9A61-458C-A190-742ECB9EA9A9.jpeg
80CE8D5D-7D68-41F6-B335-A9F7CB8F2484.jpeg
bet (resized).jpg
79C4C729-189D-47A3-A643-D79E54FB285E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
raw.gif
 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 12.43.58 PM (resized).png
Screenshot_20190423-213054_Chrome (resized).jpg
57EB91E1-FB4A-4DB1-B392-B5533DD3CF6A (resized).jpeg
Raccoon.gif
IMG_0351 (resized).jpg

There are 816 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 35 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you own alien? Just curious b/c you seem very opinionated about how it plays vs other games.
I actually own the game and can confirm it plays and feels different than my other games and would def not feel the same if it was in a WB williams build.
Prob should own the game before being so definitive but well, that ship has sailed.

Needing to become a proficient Alien tech is the only reason I started coming to pinside. Yes I own too many games, my apologies. Unfortunately this is about the only game I have encountered to actually Not Have A Workshop Manual? ... WTF?

My experience clearly differs to yours in some way or another. Doesn't feel significantly different to nudge to me at all, no different than any other monsterously heavy widebody. Matter of opinion, obviously.

Yeah it is very different to nudge than a cardboard stern cabinet, of course, but to me it nudges with the same degree of stability as my TZ ... I am at least comparing similar weight machines.

#802 35 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Needing to become a proficient Alien tech is the only reason I started coming to pinside. Yes I own too many games, my apologies. Unfortunately this is about the only game I have encountered to actually Not Have A Workshop Manual? ... WTF?
My experience clearly differs to yours in some way or another. Doesn't feel significantly different to nudge to me at all, no different than any other monsterously heavy widebody. Matter of opinion, obviously.
Yeah it is very different to nudge than a cardboard stern cabinet, of course, but to me it nudges with the same degree of stability as my TZ ... I am at least comparing similar weight machines.

I've got mine next to WOZECLE, and across from my TZ. They all feel "heavy" when nudging, etc. and equally stable. I'd be curious how Alien would look and play in a Williams style widebody cab. Suspect pretty similar if all that changed was the cab. Don't really care, as I like mine, and wish others could get one..

#803 34 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I have never noticed Alien to be any more or less stable than my Twilight Zone.

Quoted from delt31:

Do you own Alien?

His games list shows he owns Alien Star. Close enough?

#804 34 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

His games list shows he owns Alien Star. Close enough?

Yeah I stopped updating that somewhere after 20... got a bit behind. Sorry.

#805 34 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yeah I stopped updating that somewhere after 20... got a bit behind. Sorry.

Touche

#806 29 days ago

If you want to play a game that is "heavy" to nudge, try a Whoa Nellie on it's crate, makes all others seem flimsy by comparison

#807 24 days ago

It's getting closer to the end of the year. If I bet $500 on a new Alien being shipped this year, I'd be feeling pretty nervous...

#808 18 days ago

I’d take that bet.

#809 17 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’d take that bet.

I'd take that 500$.

2 weeks later
#810 1 day ago

How about this scenario: American Pinball does the remake. They have experience with doing this on a small level with Magic Girl, CGC seems too busy, and DR has other plans. Makes sense for AP, since it would be a big win, and for Pinball Brothers to get it done in the US, where most customers live. Maybe someone already addressed this but I didn’t see it scanning through.

#811 1 day ago
Quoted from dts:

How about this scenario: American Pinball does the remake. They have experience with doing this on a small level with Magic Girl, CGC seems too busy, and DR has other plans. Makes sense for AP, since it would be a big win, and for Pinball Brothers to get it done in the US, where most customers live. Maybe someone already addressed this but I didn’t see it scanning through.

When Ferret came over to AP after working on Alien, I asked if that meant AP was picking up Alien production. Josh said no way, not happening.

So, no, AP isn't doing Alien according to Josh at AP.

#812 1 day ago

Is there a link to the pre-order list?!

#813 1 day ago
Quoted from vireland:

When Ferret came over to AP after working on Alien, I asked if that meant AP was picking up Alien production. Josh said no way, not happening.
So, no, AP isn't doing Alien according to Josh at AP.

I hope Josh’s no actually meant yes...

#814 1 day ago
Quoted from dts:

I hope Josh’s no actually meant yes...

Does Josh make business decisions?

#815 18 hours ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Does Josh make business decisions?

Not that I'm aware of. Pinball Bros probably has some sort of nondisclosure, so the answer would likely be no from any manufacturer, and ask forgiveness later... "Maybe" and "I don't know" are interpreted as yes, so that would be a tough position to be in.

#816 15 hours ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is there a link to the pre-order list?!

You're confusing something. It is Alien not Predator. But there you can get mixed up. A, P AvsP ....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
10,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Helsinki
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 816 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside