(Topic ID: 238792)

Is CGC going to manufacture Alien pinball?

By pcprogrammer

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 738 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by CubeSnake
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic poll

“Will Chicago Gaming manufacture Alien pinball?”

• Yes, I believe it will happen 101 votes
    32%
  • No way, not a chance 212 votes
    68%

(313 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 36 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

napkin (resized).jpg
E1D561AA-F233-4DAE-84CC-9D36621C8D6B (resized).jpeg
4F8666A4-9A61-458C-A190-742ECB9EA9A9.jpeg
80CE8D5D-7D68-41F6-B335-A9F7CB8F2484.jpeg
bet (resized).jpg
79C4C729-189D-47A3-A643-D79E54FB285E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
raw.gif
 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 12.43.58 PM (resized).png
Screenshot_20190423-213054_Chrome (resized).jpg
57EB91E1-FB4A-4DB1-B392-B5533DD3CF6A (resized).jpeg
Raccoon.gif
IMG_0351 (resized).jpg
29C86F48-D04D-446F-BADA-3DFB392253B4 (resized).jpeg

There are 738 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 56 days ago

Aside from Deadpool, this would be the only new pin I'd be interested in. With Disney owning the property now I would be doubtful it sees the light of day.

1 week later
#652 48 days ago

Well, I'm not one to gloat, but looks like iceman44 owes me a nice big bottle of Woodford Reserve.

How are we gonna get this done? NYC liquor prices being what they are it's probably gonna be around 70 bucks.

Ice is an honorable man! (I hope)

bet (resized).jpg

#653 48 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, I'm not one to gloat, but looks like iceman44 owes me a nice big bottle of Woodford Reserve.
How are we gonna get this done? NYC liquor prices being what they are it's probably gonna be around 70 bucks.
[quoted image]

iceman44 will pay up, he probably just stayed up til midnight waiting for a production announcement and is still sleeping it off.

#654 48 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

You should drink it together.

And don't splash it on Tim.

#655 48 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

So Disney said no? Someone to call Disney’s CEO to check?
Huge amount of dollars to make.

#656 48 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

So Disney said no? Someone to call Disney’s CEO to check?
Huge amount of dollars to make.

I read somewhere that the redesign of Alien and replacement of parts with Bally/Williams brand was a slam dunk. All other matters like licensing were being handled by lawyers as a mere formality. It was alleged that the game was almost ready to ship. All they needed was to find a factory that would lease them space for free. What happened?

Also heard that anyone caught not believing this rumor started by Iceman and perpetuated by Kaneda as gospel would be publicly shamed. Turns out to be 100 percent bullshit from the beginning while maybe 0 percent of the real effort required to make this happen has occurred to date. The only part of the rumor cycle we did not hear were people claiming to have seen it and who could confirm it played great. At least nobody sent in preorder dollars this go round.

One man’s pipe dream is what I called it, only to receive a downvote from Ice for it. Where’s Ice and his apology to the community? Where is CrazyLevi’s booze?

edit - just remembered Vid is missing too. Starting to think Vid may have been part of an Alien encounter gone bad. If Vid is piloting an ufo, what are the chance he stopped to give Ice a lift?

#657 48 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I read somewhere that the redesign of Alien and replacement of parts with Bally/Williams brand was a slam dunk. All other matters like licensing were being handled by lawyers as a mere formality. It was alleged that the game was almost ready to ship. All they needed was to find a factory that would lease them space for free. What happened?

Also heard that anyone caught not believing this rumor started by Iceman and perpetuated as gospel by Kaneda, would be publicly shamed. Now it turns out this was 100 percent bullshit from the beginning. One man’s pipe dream is what I called it, only to receive a downvote from Ice for it. Where’s Ice and his apology to the community? Where is CrazyLevi’s booze?

I’m too far away to get a drink but I’m gonna get a beer to think of this over.

#658 48 days ago

Yes i'm paying up with Levi and his bourbon of choice! He deserves it, did a great job with NYC pin champ

Don't fret boys, Alien IS coming SOON

#659 48 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don't fret boys, Alien IS coming SOON

So I may get my booze and drink it too?!

I do hope you guys get what you want. Which is alien. For some reason.

I remain skeptical.

#660 48 days ago

Send me your paypal or venmo and I'll shoot you $100. Throw in a couple of NY pizza slices to go with it.

#661 48 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Woodford Reserve.

Nice. I'm not going to pretend I have a vast amount of opinions in this area, but I do really like Woodford Reserve.

#662 48 days ago

Woodford is a pretty decent bourbon, but is it really seventy bucks a bottle in NYC?!? It’s less than half that at the state run ABC stores in Virginia.

#663 48 days ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Woodford is a pretty decent bourbon, but is it really seventy bucks a bottle in NYC?!? It’s less than half that at the state run ABC stores in Virginia.

Booze is horribly expensive here.

There's a reason I buy a year's worth of stuff at the huge booze outlet next to Pintastic every July.

#664 48 days ago

Happy to report that while he is many things, a Welch, and sober, are not among them.

Thanks for the booze cash Ice!

And thus concludes our business.

Though I fear the business of Shit-talking is just beginning!!!

#665 48 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Happy to report that while he is many things, a Welch, and sober, are not among them.
Thanks for the booze cash Ice!
And thus concludes our business.
Though I fear the business of Shit-talking is just beginning!!!

damn - and round 1 goes to the non believers.

Ice - anything to change at this point or are you sticking with the story?

#666 48 days ago

Gotta respect ice puts his money where his mouth is.

#667 48 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I was just going to say the same. Guy is stand up - respect that.

#668 48 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So do I!!!!!

Trust me this was not an easy bet, as ice reached out privately beforehand to tell me to shut up and spoke with serious conviction. But I’d talked so much Shit I was backed into a corner.

I’ll say this much, I 100 percent believe that HE 100 percent believes this is happening.

I still don’t see it though.

#669 48 days ago

I have very little in the way of inside knowledge here. But I don’t think it’s that weird or outlandish. A ton of time and money was spent to develop this game. Why wouldn’t they want to try and recoup it?

It’s not a vaporware game, it’s real. Real rules, real shots, real multimedia, real license. People seem to like it!

I honestly have no clue what will happen. All I can say is I have a decent sense for what would be involved. It’s not a pipe dream at the very least.

#670 48 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have very little in the way of inside knowledge here. But I don’t think it’s that weird or outlandish. A ton of time and money was spent to develop this game. Why wouldn’t they want to try and recoup it?
It’s not a vaporware game, it’s real. Real rules, real shots, real multimedia, real license. People seem to like it!
I honestly have no clue what will happen. All I can say is I have a decent sense for what would be involved. It’s not a pipe dream at the very least.

I feel like I laid out a pretty convincing case back on page 1 why it doesn’t make any sense for anybody interested in making a profit. Impossible no, unlikely and untenable yes.

#671 47 days ago

Remember these are the same people who kept pouring money into a very deep pit for years. It’s not like this would be a change of pace.

#672 47 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So do I!!!!!

Trust me this was not an easy bet, as ice reached out privately beforehand to tell me to shut up and spoke with serious conviction. But I’d talked so much Shit I was backed into a corner.
I’ll say this much, I 100 percent believe that HE 100 percent believes this is happening.
I still don’t see it though.

I talked to Ice as well and I agree - this guy 100% believes it's coming out. He talks as if he's actually seen it.

I will say that i do believe alien code is being updated as we speak. Heard from a few folks about that possibility. Who knows....I will say alien is my fav game...but you all know this already

#673 47 days ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

That's pricey! It's ~$45 at Hong Kong Airport Duty Free shop.

#674 47 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Booze is horribly expensive here.
There's a reason I buy a year's worth of stuff at the huge booze outlet next to Pintastic every July.

In Missouri you can catch woodford reserve on sale for $59 for the 1.75 bottle. Also I can find Blanton at the grocery store for $55...timing is everything.

#675 47 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah but if they wanna go after a cashcow game like IJ they need to accommodate a widebody someday
But I say this without having seen the CGC facilities. Some manufactures lines seem more easily accommodating than others.

I doubt they could make enough money after the huge licensing fee a Disney would charge to remake IJ. It was Lucasfilms back when IJ was made. Disney is a different animal and getting all the actors permission along with the necessary music is a long shot at best.

#676 47 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I doubt they could make enough money after the huge licensing fee a Disney would charge to remake IJ. It was Lucasfilms back when IJ was made. Disney is a different animal and getting all the actors permission along with the necessary music is a long shot at best.

Unlikely Disney would need to get the actor's permission, except MAYBE Harrison Ford. Talent deals prior to the 21st century were a lot different and often included likeness for promotion, merchandising, etc.

#677 47 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Unlikely Disney would need to get the actor's permission, except MAYBE Harrison Ford. Talent deals prior to the 21st century were a lot different and often included likeness for promotion, merchandising, etc.

I would still wager IJ is never remade.

#678 47 days ago

I'm a buyer of Alien. Bring it on!

#679 47 days ago

So who is up for another bet with ice? 1 bottle/75 day non delivery.

#680 47 days ago

This thread is still going?? Wow. I keep going back to Whole Foods to find that pudgy guy wearing the Weyland Yutani Shirt, but he disappeared. Just like this thread should ...

#681 47 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This thread is still going?? Wow. I keep going back to Whole Foods to find that pudgy guy wearing the Weyland Yutani Shirt, but he disappeared. Just like this thread should ...

Relax bro! We had to conclude some unfinished business!

#682 47 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm a buyer of Alien. Bring it on!

I think I would be in as well. None of the other speculated future remakes (CCR, BBBR, TOMR, TOTANR, etc) interest me at all.

#683 47 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Relax bro! We had to conclude some unfinished business!

Ok well when or if they do announce anything, can someone just PM me. I have other more important threads to read and keep up with . We only live once, I dont want to waste my time here.
Thanks

#684 47 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

he disappeared. Just like this thread should ...

No want read, finger no click.

#685 47 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

No want read, finger no click.

Need a little oil my friend?

#686 47 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok well when or if they do announce anything, can someone just PM me. I have other more important threads to read and keep up with . We only live once, I dont want to waste my time here. Thanks

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Need a little oil my friend?

Sounds like you need a drink! Look up Levi, I hear he just came into a little something in that regard.

#687 47 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds like you need a drink! Look up Levi, I hear he just came into a little something in that regard.

Thanks for the advice. So... new Alien huh? Sweet.. When is it coming?

#688 47 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

We only live once, I dont want to waste my time here.

Welp.

1 month later
#689 12 days ago

If Alien is going to be made by Chicago Gaming would it be next or after Cactus Canyon?

#690 12 days ago

Hoping it’s sooner rather than later. Looks like iceman44’s predictions (statements about TBL and Alien) are happening - better late than never!

#691 12 days ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Hoping it’s sooner rather than later. Looks like iceman44’s predictions (statements about TBL and Alien) are happening - better late than never!

LOL. Yep, surprised TBL made it out first to be honest.

Alien and much more are coming!

#692 12 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

If Alien is going to be made by Chicago Gaming would it be next or after Cactus Canyon?

It would be never.

LTG : )

#693 12 days ago

If Alien never sees the light of day (I still have hope that it will), then I’d love a Masters Of The Universe CGC made pin. That would be glorious. Anyway, back to the topic. Alien is too big of a license to be ignored or at least resuscitated.

#694 12 days ago

I haven't heard an official peep out of any such 'deal' yet. It's possible I've been out of the loop since my life has been a complete fucking shambles for a number of months, but that's my unpaid Alien design work we're talking about here.

#695 12 days ago

Did I miss something? I saw TBL was going to sell 40 more units but was Alien officially announced to be remade?

#696 12 days ago

Really doubt this will happen, but the way crazy things keep happening in this hobby, you just never do know!!

#697 12 days ago

Weren’t / aren’t alien specific parts showing up on Pinball Life? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

If so, would make sense.

#698 12 days ago

So, does this mean there will finally be a Queen pin???

Anyone?

#699 12 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Weren’t / aren’t alien specific parts showing up on Pinball Life? I think I remember reading that somewhere.
If so, would make sense.

Yes most of them are gone. I think CGC making Cabbage Patch Kids next. Or maybe sour patch kids. Garbage pal kids? Some sort of kids.

#700 12 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think CGC is making Cabbage Patch Kids next. Or maybe sour patch kids. Garbage pail kids? Some sort of kids.

I think you're just kidding us.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 279.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 11.95
There are 738 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside