20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 82.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

He just deletes podcasts when he’s wrong.. never happened

HAHA So he has zero library now?

Also folds on bets made?

Glad I dont listen to that PissCast.

#602 4 years ago

I think Shatner said it best......"Get A Life!"

#603 4 years ago

Hate to be the one to tell you but it sure was nicer around here when you were suspended....what waste of time...

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Hate to be the one to tell you but it sure was nicer around here when you were suspended....what waste of time...

See that little icon in the lower left? That puts Shilton on a permanent suspension. Problem solved!

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 12.43.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-24 at 12.43.58 PM (resized).png

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

See that little icon in the lower left? That puts Shilton on a permanent suspension. Problem solved!
[quoted image]

Done son! Thx!

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

[quoted image]

Who?

#607 4 years ago

Not sure what you're talking about

#608 4 years ago

without having a whole lot of knowledge on Alien (reliability, etc...) it seems like it would be a great move for CGC if they could pull it off. Clearly there would be big demand for the game. Assuming its a bit of a lemon reengineering the mechs really isn't rocket science....most people love the layout, theme, and rules so thats 80% of the battle in my mind....

#609 4 years ago

Omg it’s announced!

#610 4 years ago

You'd still need the programmers though if you are changing the game mechs/boards. Did Pinball Brothers reach out to Brian and Joe?

Quoted from PtownPin:

without having a whole lot of knowledge on Alien (reliability, etc...) it seems like it would be a great move for CGC if they could pull it off. Clearly there would be big demand for the game. Assuming its a bit of a lemon reengineering the mechs really isn't rocket science....most people love the layout, theme, and rules so thats 80% of the battle in my mind....

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

[quoted image]

He actually spells it "Schilton" for some reason.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Omg it’s announced!

This runnig joke now? XD

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Even assuming it worked that way I can tell you right now the lawyer would cost more than what they never paid me in royalties the first time around.

There is money in coin op/amusement royalties?!? I think I made enough money to buy some beer when they licensed and paid me royalties for my code in Global VR’s Ultrapin VP fiasco. I think they sold all of maybe 200 machines?!? I got a buck each minus taxes... enough for some Taco Bell, some beer, a condom, and a cheap date.

If I was coding for coin-op today it would be $ per line of delivered code, cash on delivery.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I got a buck each minus taxes...

Let's just say I didn't take the project on for a buck each, but in the end even $1,000,000 x 0 still = 0 so who cares?

I'm mostly over it all (mostly /newt) but really the shame of a redo, if if happens, would be to not take advantage of actually working with Fox, instead of control freak terrible manager Andrew ruining things for no reason. When I finally, at the very end of things, got to talk to the Fox rep directly she was perfectly reasonable and way more flexible than I expected.

Anyone watching the 40th anniversary short films on YouTube? I've only seen one so far, need to watch the rest, but they're being very cool about exploring the universe it seems. My guess is a lot more could have been done. Ah well, so it goes, I think the complete package in the end is still pretty good.

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This runnig joke now? XD

No no guys this time I’m serial !

I was at Whole foods today to get some oatmeal for baby. Then I saw him. There was this guy, kind of overweight, long beard wearing glasses wearing a Weyland-Yutani shirt. He was coming towards me so I said "oh hey, Weyland- Yutani huh?". He looked shocked. Behind his glasses his plump eyes widened and he said "yessss". Then I said "have you played the Alien pinball game? Its awesome!". Once again his eyes widened in shock and he once again said "yessssss". Then he kept walking and waddled away. Im pretty sure this is a hint that a new batch is coming. Get your deposits ready!

1 week later
#616 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Let's just say I didn't take the project on for a buck each, but in the end even $1,000,000 x 0 still = 0 so who cares?

Agreed; just that I'd expect people like you who were screwed in the end; to sue the new "entity" into non-existence if they try to get a free ride for using your collaterals. I'm sure you feel the same way.

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Agreed; just that I'd expect people like you who were screwed in the end; to sue the new "entity" into non-existence if they try to get a free ride for using your collaterals. I'm sure you feel the same way.

Not gonna happen Zitt. Aurich got his game and sold it for a nice chunk of change.

PB took care of him. How did he get screwed?

That's fantasy land

#618 4 years ago
 (resized).jpg (resized).jpg
#619 4 years ago

iceman44 Is the dream still alive?

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No no guys this time I’m serial !
I was at Whole foods today to get some oatmeal for baby. Then I saw him. There was this guy, kind of overweight, long beard wearing glasses wearing a Weyland-Yutani shirt. He was coming towards me so I said "oh hey, Weyland- Yutani huh?". He looked shocked. Behind his glasses his plump eyes widened and he said "yessss". Then I said "have you played the Alien pinball game? Its awesome!". Once again his eyes widened in shock and he once again said "yessssss". Then he kept walking and waddled away. Im pretty sure this is a hint that a new batch is coming. Get your deposits ready!

I saw this guy again today, he saw me and just turned around and ran off. Something is going on... something...

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

iceman44 Is the dream still alive?

Patience, patience. He's still got 32 days for an announcement that Aliens is going to be produced again before he has to start paying out bottles of booze.

#622 4 years ago

I don’t get your point....

1. You just want this to be true ASAP and you just want to read that it is a fact?
2. Or, do you really want to erase this thread from your forum activity and simply avoid to stop by every day and read news about this game?
3. This Thread won’t be killed easy...

#623 4 years ago

I really hope Ice is right, and there will be an opportunity for folks to get their hands on this game (at a reasonable price). I'd love to own it again someday. That said, I'm still skeptical it will happen.

Ice, you still taking bets at this late hour?

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I really hope Ice is right, and there will be an opportunity for folks to get their hands on this game (at a reasonable price). I'd love to own it again someday. That said, I'm still skeptical it will happen.
Ice, you still taking bets at this late hour?

It's happening. Patience Sun King!

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not gonna happen Zitt. Aurich got his game and sold it for a nice chunk of change.
PB took care of him. How did he get screwed?

Did he tho?
I don't know the contract specifics... but a Game hardly seems like a paid contract to me.
Say what you want - because clearly you seem to think you know something we don't.

That's said; my hope stands. If this really is possibly going to happen again … I hope Aurich and the other "contractors" take the new company to the cleaners if they are violating copyright law by re-using their art without compensation/new contract. End-of-story.

#626 4 years ago

I wasn’t paid what I was owed and I’m not suing anyone. So really neither of you are representing my position.

You take risks with startups, I knew that, it is what it is. I can feel how I do about it without needing to let it be anything more than that.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wasn’t paid what I was owed and I’m not suing anyone. So really neither of you are representing my position.
You take risks with startups, I knew that, it is what it is. I can feel how I do about it without needing to let it be anything more than that.

I like how your presenting your take and positive attitude. Hopefully your work on Alien helps land you another gig with exposure to your art and gained experience.

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Hopefully your work on Alien helps land you another gig with exposure to your art and gained experience.

Appreciate it, but if I was offered another pinball gig I'd probably turn it down. Mixing hobbies and business is risky stuff, I knew that, but now I *really* know it, heh. I might be a little slow sometimes, but I can take the hint eventually. And honestly, I'm good at what I do, but if you want an illustrator there are plenty of people with more skills than me, I'm rusty at even drawing these days.

Gonna stay in my lane, which means pinball projects I control. There's just no reason to add compromise and committees to something you love. Then I can work at my own pace, and not sweat being slow. Like this Metallica project I've teased a few times for the past (checks calendar) 4 years.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Patience, patience. He's still got 32 days for an announcement that Aliens is going to be produced again before he has to start paying out bottles of booze.

Oh come in who is keeping track of that?

#630 4 years ago

I like it when people are happy!
raw.gifraw.gif

#631 4 years ago

Is it ass tattoo time yet?

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh come in who is keeping track of that?

We all know you’ve got a paper chain going. It’s like counting down the days til summer vacation!

#633 4 years ago

Anything?

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

about 10 years worth of them, EASILY.
TOM
CV
TAF
TZ
IJ
CC
Would all sell plenty without the hassles of trying to turn Alien into a functioning, reliable machine they can sell to people.

BBB not in the top of the list anymore?

#635 4 years ago

Alien 40th anniversary

#636 4 years ago
giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#637 4 years ago

Pre-ejaculate. Not happening..

1 week later
#638 4 years ago

Doesn't look like it's happening.

#639 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#640 4 years ago

12 days til that booze bet comes due ...

79C4C729-189D-47A3-A643-D79E54FB285E.gif79C4C729-189D-47A3-A643-D79E54FB285E.gif
#641 4 years ago

There building it !!! Right after TBL

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

There building it !!! Right after TBL

It's "Alien"...

...they "breed".

#643 4 years ago

It’s gonna be tight on booze bet

But, my bet with Rob is in the bank!

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What’s the rob bet ?

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s the rob bet ?

$500 no games ship by 12/31

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Whose bank?

In all seriousness, I hope you're right. More aliens in the hobby would be nice!

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

HAHA So he has zero library now?
Also folds on bets made?
Glad I dont listen to that PissCast.

PISSCAST?!

Such foul language from Todd!

#648 4 years ago

So wait, there is no ass tattoo happening now?

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

So wait, there is no ass tattoo happening now?

Ass Antler!

#650 4 years ago

Who cares about a few bucks changing hands, I wanna see blood.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/13?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.