(Topic ID: 238792)

Is CGC going to manufacture Alien pinball?

By pcprogrammer

32 days ago

Topic Stats

• 582 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 minutes ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic poll

“Will Chicago Gaming manufacture Alien pinball?”

• Yes, I believe it will happen 85 votes
    31%
  • No way, not a chance 189 votes
    69%

(274 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

57EB91E1-FB4A-4DB1-B392-B5533DD3CF6A (resized).jpeg
Raccoon.gif
IMG_0351 (resized).jpg
29C86F48-D04D-446F-BADA-3DFB392253B4 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
2xnmjh (resized).jpg
15542474821714303618659134918203.jpg
CD8FE2D8-8806-4A51-B3CF-707FA0F73B30 (resized).png
X87ww3a (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
5961AF6A-0D36-466C-AE48-6D215CB69F50 (resized).jpeg
giphy.gif
6468952 (resized).jpg
predd.gif
Calm (resized).jpg
spooky (resized).jpg

There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 5 days ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

intriguing
[quoted image]

Whoa!!! This is a positive something, for sure

#552 5 days ago

Hope they pass their emissions testing.

#553 5 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

already got my order in - full payment made!

Yep, let all jump on that boat....Good thing startups never fail....

#554 5 days ago

I’m in for #12

#555 5 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’m in for #12

Sorry that's for Richie! Lol

#556 5 days ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

intriguing
[quoted image]

Woa! A photo of an empty building. That's totally legit. It's all happening!

#557 3 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

already got my order in - full payment made!

This pipe dream grows closer to reality each day. Way past due for full court coverage by all the podcasters. By week’s end, I expect this factory will be cranking out 100 Aliens a day. All games come loaded with German engineering and visit with the Queen. Don’t miss out.

#558 2 days ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

A photo of an empty building. That's totally legit. It's all happening!

And definitely this year!

#559 2 days ago

Oh ye of little faith....LOL

#561 2 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

And definitely this year!

Anyone could do this.
I bet they'll even make it happen last year!!!

#562 2 days ago

Why wouldn't you have faith in a startup pinball manufacturer? What could possible go wrong?

#563 2 days ago

I'm in if this happens. WONKA and Aliens side by side. They go so well together!

#564 2 days ago

WONKALIENS. About the only way Oompa-Loompas could be any more nightmarish, gah how I hated those things.

~~~

In all seriousness, having no way to afford the pin and only passing appreciation for the movie, I've mostly watched all the Alien pin drama from the sidelines and was a bit bemused by it all. Not to grudge or discredit anyone who lost out because that genuinely sucks... but I didn't get the undying desperation for this game, until I played the one at Galloping Ghost a few weeks ago.

Wow, what a game! I get it now. I always thought Full Throttle had the best LCD integration on a game, and Alien proved this... but wow, there was so much tension in Alien that yeah... I get it. What a shame it died before its time, but how awesome if it was reborn. I do have concerns that modifying the pf layout to fit a new cab or other mech constraints would change it though - as it was there were some shots I found maddening (is the orbit shot going to full orbit, or lock? Is the ball going to feed the left outlane or bounce out beneath that damn plastic?) but captivating all the same.

BTW that game was next to Predator too... but Predator was non-functional when I was there. It didn't look nearly as impressive to me.

But for those of you with the scratch to lay on line if these get remade, I get it and I hope it happens. It was a ton of fun and well executed. To have gone so tragically wrong, it was otherwise "modern" pinball done so, so right.

#565 2 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If the Cup holder would be lit green with no drink and switch to red with a drink in it this would be perfect.

You hear that, MustangPaul? Better add a switch and another LED to your design, so the color changes when a drink depresses the switch in the cupholder. It's certainly doable.

#566 2 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are so easy to lie to because you desperately want to believe.
The first rule of finding a con job mark.

Can't take the New York out of you.....

#567 2 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh ye of little tequila....

I got my tequila brother. No worries there!

The announcement is coming soon

#568 2 days ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Why wouldn't you have faith in a startup pinball manufacturer? What could possible go wrong?

Well this “startup” made a great pin after many years, produced and delivered

That’s why

#569 1 day ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s why

And they did it poorly with lies, lack of communication, missed deadlines, horrible customer service, no follow through on their promises and they transferred assets from previous company in dark of night. Apparently they learned nothing along the way as there was no evidence of them fixing any issues in company.

Now these toads have a brilliant new idea to redesign and remake the game. Good luck! Anybody considering doing business with Pinball Brothers is advised to go in with eyes wide open.

#570 1 day ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

And they did it poorly with lies, lack of communication, missed deadlines, horrible customer service, no follow through on their promises and they transferred assets from previous company in dark of night. Apparently they learned nothing along the way as there was no evidence of them fixing any issues in company.
Now these toads have a brilliant new idea to redesign and remake the game. Good luck! Anybody considering doing business with Pinball Brothers is advised to go in with eyes wide open.

I get your points in jest, and there is a lot of truth in there.. But having owned a few different "versions" of alien.. Someone was definitely actively trying to improve them over time.

#571 1 day ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s why

Oh yeah, forgot how well that went. Better send money in early. That gaurantees you will get pin first and no worries about build quality. Nobody would sell something that wouldn't work 100%.

#572 1 day ago

I’m sure Cointaker had so much fun selling Alien the first time let’s see if they sign up to do it again

#573 1 day ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I’m sure Cointaker had so much fun selling Alien the first time let’s see if they sign up to do it again

You never know

#574 1 day ago

This thread still not dead?

#575 1 day ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This thread still not dead?

I think many want to see this thread to completion. I heard there will be tequila served while someone gets an ass tat.

#576 9 hours ago

This may have been covered already - but in addition to all the other valid reasons mentioned in this thread as to why this is never happening (with#1 being any other company would have to re-engineer it from the ground up to manufacture it to their specs) - the license now belongs to Disney.

#577 9 hours ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I think many want to see this thread to completion. I heard there will be tequila served while someone gets an ass tat.

I don't know who is getting the ass tat but I'll be drinking the tequila!

And...Alien is second only to TWD.

Phenomenal pin

And the clueless dopes that keep chiming in are just that....clueless

#578 8 hours ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I have no interest in being involved in the speculation, what happens or not is whatever to me really.

Please be there to sue them (with a C&D) if they don't pay you a royalty and use your artwork.
I'd love to see them put in their place.

#580 35 minutes ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:It’s announced !

Well a Source would be nice

#581 27 minutes ago
Quoted from zFabi:

Well a Source would be nice

Well I woke up this am and I was wondering if I should go gym or not . So I decided to go even tho I’m tired . So it’s announced ! I’m going

#582 26 minutes ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It’s announced !

??? Where..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
16,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nidderau, HE
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goteborg
9,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside