20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 82.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

intriguing
[quoted image]

Whoa!!! This is a positive something, for sure

#552 4 years ago

Hope they pass their emissions testing.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

already got my order in - full payment made!

Yep, let all jump on that boat....Good thing startups never fail....

#554 4 years ago

I’m in for #12

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’m in for #12

Sorry that's for Richie! Lol

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

intriguing
[quoted image]

Woa! A photo of an empty building. That's totally legit. It's all happening!

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

already got my order in - full payment made!

This pipe dream grows closer to reality each day. Way past due for full court coverage by all the podcasters. By week’s end, I expect this factory will be cranking out 100 Aliens a day. All games come loaded with German engineering and visit with the Queen. Don’t miss out.

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

A photo of an empty building. That's totally legit. It's all happening!

And definitely this year!

#559 4 years ago

Oh ye of little faith....LOL

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

And definitely this year!

Anyone could do this.
I bet they'll even make it happen last year!!!

#562 4 years ago

Why wouldn't you have faith in a startup pinball manufacturer? What could possible go wrong?

#563 4 years ago

I'm in if this happens. WONKA and Aliens side by side. They go so well together!

#564 4 years ago

WONKALIENS. About the only way Oompa-Loompas could be any more nightmarish, gah how I hated those things.

~~~

In all seriousness, having no way to afford the pin and only passing appreciation for the movie, I've mostly watched all the Alien pin drama from the sidelines and was a bit bemused by it all. Not to grudge or discredit anyone who lost out because that genuinely sucks... but I didn't get the undying desperation for this game, until I played the one at Galloping Ghost a few weeks ago.

Wow, what a game! I get it now. I always thought Full Throttle had the best LCD integration on a game, and Alien proved this... but wow, there was so much tension in Alien that yeah... I get it. What a shame it died before its time, but how awesome if it was reborn. I do have concerns that modifying the pf layout to fit a new cab or other mech constraints would change it though - as it was there were some shots I found maddening (is the orbit shot going to full orbit, or lock? Is the ball going to feed the left outlane or bounce out beneath that damn plastic?) but captivating all the same.

BTW that game was next to Predator too... but Predator was non-functional when I was there. It didn't look nearly as impressive to me.

But for those of you with the scratch to lay on line if these get remade, I get it and I hope it happens. It was a ton of fun and well executed. To have gone so tragically wrong, it was otherwise "modern" pinball done so, so right.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If the Cup holder would be lit green with no drink and switch to red with a drink in it this would be perfect.

You hear that, MustangPaul? Better add a switch and another LED to your design, so the color changes when a drink depresses the switch in the cupholder. It's certainly doable.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are so easy to lie to because you desperately want to believe.
The first rule of finding a con job mark.

Can't take the New York out of you.....

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh ye of little tequila....

I got my tequila brother. No worries there!

The announcement is coming soon

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Why wouldn't you have faith in a startup pinball manufacturer? What could possible go wrong?

Well this “startup” made a great pin after many years, produced and delivered

That’s why

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s why

And they did it poorly with lies, lack of communication, missed deadlines, horrible customer service, no follow through on their promises and they transferred assets from previous company in dark of night. Apparently they learned nothing along the way as there was no evidence of them fixing any issues in company.

Now these toads have a brilliant new idea to redesign and remake the game. Good luck! Anybody considering doing business with Pinball Brothers is advised to go in with eyes wide open.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

And they did it poorly with lies, lack of communication, missed deadlines, horrible customer service, no follow through on their promises and they transferred assets from previous company in dark of night. Apparently they learned nothing along the way as there was no evidence of them fixing any issues in company.
Now these toads have a brilliant new idea to redesign and remake the game. Good luck! Anybody considering doing business with Pinball Brothers is advised to go in with eyes wide open.

I get your points in jest, and there is a lot of truth in there.. But having owned a few different "versions" of alien.. Someone was definitely actively trying to improve them over time.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s why

Oh yeah, forgot how well that went. Better send money in early. That gaurantees you will get pin first and no worries about build quality. Nobody would sell something that wouldn't work 100%.

#572 4 years ago

I’m sure Cointaker had so much fun selling Alien the first time let’s see if they sign up to do it again

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I’m sure Cointaker had so much fun selling Alien the first time let’s see if they sign up to do it again

You never know

#574 4 years ago

This thread still not dead?

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This thread still not dead?

I think many want to see this thread to completion. I heard there will be tequila served while someone gets an ass tat.

#576 4 years ago

This may have been covered already - but in addition to all the other valid reasons mentioned in this thread as to why this is never happening (with#1 being any other company would have to re-engineer it from the ground up to manufacture it to their specs) - the license now belongs to Disney.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I think many want to see this thread to completion. I heard there will be tequila served while someone gets an ass tat.

I don't know who is getting the ass tat but I'll be drinking the tequila!

And...Alien is second only to TWD.

Phenomenal pin

And the clueless dopes that keep chiming in are just that....clueless

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I have no interest in being involved in the speculation, what happens or not is whatever to me really.

Please be there to sue them (with a C&D) if they don't pay you a royalty and use your artwork.
I'd love to see them put in their place.

#579 4 years ago

It’s announced !

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:It’s announced !

Well a Source would be nice

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from zFabi:

Well a Source would be nice

Well I woke up this am and I was wondering if I should go gym or not . So I decided to go even tho I’m tired . So it’s announced ! I’m going

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It’s announced !

??? Where..

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I woke up this am and I was wondering if I should go gym or not . So I decided to go even tho I’m tired . So it’s announced ! I’m going

You need to rethink the whole wake and bake thing.

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You need to rethink the whole wake and bake thing.

I think he went “bake and wake” and is currently posting in his sleep.

#585 4 years ago

He only announced that he is going to the gym.

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

He only announced that he is going to the gym.

Nice....Any new raccoon videos? Need something of substance here..

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Any new raccoon videos? Need something of substance here.

LTG : )

#588 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd!!! The thread is definitely worth following now...

Epic!!

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Please be there to sue them (with a C&D) if they don't pay you a royalty and use your artwork.
I'd love to see them put in their place.

Even assuming it worked that way I can tell you right now the lawyer would cost more than what they never paid me in royalties the first time around.

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Even assuming it worked that way I can tell you right now the lawyer would cost more than what they never paid me in royalties the first time around.

and the question of if you retained ownership/rights to the work and licensed it.. vs simply doing contract work and accepting deferred compensation in the form of royalties for your compensation (in which.. the work would have been the property of HWP and thus able to be transferred to others).

#591 4 years ago

They’d have to be able to produce a valid contract for that, and they can’t. But it’s neither here nor there, and pretty boring. I’m not suing anyone.

If this actually happens and they don’t bother to reach out to me I’m sure I’ll have something to say, but until then it’s just more smoke and drama on a project that has had enough.

My opinion is putting any faith in these guys is dumb though. They’ve demonstrated on more than one occasion they’re happy to walk away and leave others holding the bag. That was true long before Andrew was out the picture, remember they’ve been involved for a long time. Caveat emptor.

#592 4 years ago

You peeps seeing this over in the other thread? Interesting....

Screenshot_20190423-213054_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190423-213054_Chrome (resized).jpg
#593 4 years ago

Yeah nothing going on here. Nothing to see

#594 4 years ago

Where is the ass tattoo?

Well past the dbag promise of being official by now. Did he quit his podcast also?

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where is the ass tattoo?
Well past the dbag promise of being official by now. Did he quit his podcast also?

There you go again...like I said, you're obsessed and giving him exactly what he wants.

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There you go again...like I said, you're obsessed and giving him exactly what he wants.

I just think it is hilarious that he promised to get it and quit his podcast shtick if Aliens was not out by April 18th. The guy that obsessed over Aliens for years, then becomes the big behind the scenes hypester, only to have his intel give him wrong information after he already spoke so big. He has zero follow through.

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just think it is hilarious that he promised to get it and quit his podcast shtick if Aliens was not out by April 18th. The guy that obsessed over Aliens for years, then becomes the big behind the scenes hypester, only to have his intel give him wrong information after he already spoke so big. He has zero follow through.

You both just need to swipe right and get it over with..

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

You both just need to swipe right and get it over with..

I'll pound that "o"

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

His TBL prediction was supposedly a lock too, and that one didn't happen either. Madea would remind us - when you make a bet, you need to honor your word and accept the consequences. The wager was an ass tattoo and to quit podcasting, right? I'd be content with K-man getting a Hilton tat on his face but to keep on broadcasting. It's time to pay the piper Can we hire Tony Mantanio to make this happen ???

#600 4 years ago

He just deletes podcasts when he’s wrong.. never happened!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 160.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.