20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
A9F4C5E8-5E36-44E8-8A8D-0B47B8CB785F (resized).jpeg

There are 4,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 82.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Ice I really think a remake would be awesome! There is something different about this game over every other game I have owned...this is the first game I'm keeping bolted down... We all know the story around this game just sucked, but the game itself is a treat. I play it daily and have only had a flipper coil and a mosfet go bad, other than that it's been solid! Regardless I think originals will still be going for good money...if it does come out I might just buy it also lol
Hope others get a chance to enjoy this in a home environment...
P.S. add a subwoofer and turn the volume up when you play, the sounds sucks you in ridiculously![quoted image]

Omg, that game looks sick Blade!

I'm with you brother, knock on wood, have almost zero issues with it or just minor ones.

The older games will be supported with parts and updates as you see now.

New code is gonna work on both iterations of the pin!

The new one will be more RELIABLE obviously but the old one we have is still awesome.

I'm gonna have both.

Bottom line, its exciting that more people will be able to enjoy what we do!

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Is that a light inside your pincup?? Looks sick!

Yeah that’s sick. I’ve always thought to myself “damn, if only
This cupholder had a light in it.”

Wait...no I haven’t! You people are all insane!

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes sir lol!

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WTF wrong with you Levi, the only problem with that pic is that its not a brewski

And you need to get into the Alien vibe my man, its the best "theme immersion" eva. And a little tasty cocktail like a bottle of tequila will make it SWEET.

In fact, I'm going to buy Paul's mod just so i can put my tequila right there for you to look at

Btw, if we don't make the 75 day cutoff then you probably really need that bourbon anyhow living in NYC and the nut job captial of the world!

#455 2 years ago

If this remake doesn't have the screens like the original that would be a big downgrade imo. I like the two version approach. More alien the better. My original (first batch) worked well too. Great game.

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF wrong with you Levi, the only problem with that pic is that its not a brewski
And you need to get into the Alien vibe my man, its the best "theme immersion" eva. And a little tasty cocktail like a bottle of tequila will make it SWEET.
In fact, I'm going to buy Paul's mod just so i can put my tequila right there for you to look at
Btw, if we don't make the 75 day cutoff then you probably really need that bourbon anyhow living in NYC and the nut job captial of the world!

75 days was extremely generous considering you fed Chris that bullshit about it shipping in 30 days.

That was just cruel!

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

75 days was extremely generous considering you fed Chris that bullshit about it shipping in 30 days.
That was just cruel!

That....is what he interpreted it as. I did NOT tell him that for F sake. If i was just trolling him i would have made it MUCH more believable.

And i am coordinating the tequila handoff with Chris as we speak.

I would like for both of you to take a few shots to commemorate the occasion! And take pics

Actually, i will buy the bourbon win or lose if you'd rather take those shots with Chris.

And, the "unholy alliance" will be united via podcast very soon. I have to get my MunstersLE and Ocktoberfest in house for a review which is happening this week and next. You won't want to miss it!

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That....is what he interpreted it as. I did NOT tell him that for F sake. If i was just trolling him i would have made it MUCH more believable.
And i am coordinating the tequila handoff with Chris as we speak.
I would like for both of you to take a few shots to commemorate the occasion! And take pics
Actually, i will buy the bourbon win or lose if you'd rather take those shots with Chris.
And, the "unholy alliance" will be united via podcast very soon. I have to get my MunstersLE and Ocktoberfest in house for a review which is happening this week and next. You won't want to miss it!

Goddamn Ice you don’t think too highly
Of me if you think you can make that happen for just a bottle of bourbon!

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Goddamn Ice you don’t think too highly
Of me if you think you can make that happen for just a bottle of bourbon!

Haha...you just made me spit out my drink.

How about do it for the community, the drama and the celebration!

You know it would be epic. Maybe we do an Alien podcast reveal together? It's all about the fun Levi!

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha...you just made me spit out my drink.
How about do it for the community, the drama and the celebration!
You know it would be epic. Maybe we do an Alien podcast reveal together? It's all about the fun Levi!

I’ll bet Levi would show if Kanada agreed to come through on that ass-tattoo guarantee. Stream the whole thing, tequila all around, and Levi can life-model for the tat. A win-win!

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’ll bet Levi would show if Kanada agreed to come through on that ass-tattoo guarantee. Stream the whole thing, tequila all around, and Levi can life-model for the tat. A win-win!

LOL. Winna chicken dinna!

Levi is scared though . He won't commit past the tequila bottle

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is, but it's still awesome.

As a german we're said to have the tendency to mark our territory with a blanket...
...well if the Cup holder would be lit green with no drink and Switch to red with a drink in it, this would be the perfect 'get lost' sign.

And I wouldn't have to take a blanket to the Bowling alley anymore.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL. Winna chicken dinna!
Levi is scared though . He won't commit past the tequila bottle

Thread getting fun....I'll be hitting some Taylor's regardless how it turns out...

Having an AlienR w features described means I'll need that one too...original will never decrease in value for why I got it...an amazing Pinball experience and theme second to none.

Seriously doubt $$$ would ever drop too much more than any other game out there regardless....years of Pinball fun on this one for me...

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes Levi, we are on. Tequila or bourbon
Nobody has the stones to go $500, unless you’d like to up it?
Texans don’t Welch bets. You can ask Rotordave

I'll take the $500 bet. No Alien remake games in the US in 2019.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

What makes you so confident? A guy like you has your sources. Do tell.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Are you betting no announcement by a US manufacturer of plans to produce will be made in 2019, or that no games will ship from a US manufacturer in 2019?

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What makes you so confident? A guy like you has your sources. Do tell.

His source is "common sense" and "his brain."

Strange concepts around here I know.

#468 2 years ago

IF Alien gets remade I HOPE all the people that created and got that game over the line gets a cut or compensated for their effort. Because if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have a game to reproduce.

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

IF Alien gets remade I HOPE all the people that created and got that game over the line gets a cut or compensated for their effort. Because if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have a game to reproduce.

Unfortunately, that isn't how bankruptcy works.

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Unfortunately, that isn't how bankruptcy works.

#471 2 years ago

You would think whoever is doing this would try and do the right thing at least by the designer.

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

You would think whoever is doing this would try and do the right thing at least by the designer.

2xnmjh (resized).jpg
#473 2 years ago

Biggest issue with this rumor is WHY CGC would even bother?

AP I could understand.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Seems like their line is plenty busy but then Stern ran MMR so I guess anything is possible. I have to think Stern's production capacity is much higher however.

There's virtually nothing about this rumor that makes any sense which is why I continue to take such a hard line that it's bullshit. Fortunately, there are pretty much ZERO consequences around here ever for being wrong [see ridiculous horseshit Lebowski rumor] so it's not like I'm risking much.

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fortunately, there are pretty much ZERO consequences around here ever for being wrong so it's not like I'm risking much.

Well you COULD take Icemans bet so there'd be a $500 consequence...

#476 2 years ago

What about Deeproot....they are hiring all kinds of electrical engineers right now.

pasted_image (resized).png
#477 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

What about Deeproot....there are hiring all kinds of electrical engineers right now.

Yup, in Texas, already doing JPOP, why not HW? !

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well you COULD take Icemans bet so there'd be a $500 consequence...

Yeah you guys don't get the bok bok bok me I was the FIRST person to take any kind of action on this idiocy. I got a bottle of booze on it that's enough for me, go pick on some other shit-talkers who refuse to sack up!

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

What about Deeproot....there are hiring all kinds of electrical engineers right now.

They have enough legal issues to deal with thanks to JPop, I don't think they wnat more of 'em.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They have enough legal issues to deal with thanks to JPop, I don't think they wnat more of 'em.

As a contract manufacturer, the legal issues wouldn't fall on them... It would fall on Pinball Brothers. If you are building a house and you get arrested, the builder doesn't get arrested too.

#481 2 years ago

I just don't understand why come back to Alien? There are so many other great things that could be made, why waste resources.. Back to the Future, all the line up that CGC is going to have (remakes), look at Stern just came out with Black Knight (looks awesome, I put my name on the LE list). I think it would be a waste to go back to Alien. Some people may not even want it given what happened in the past. Just watch the Alien movies and be happy. There is nothing that great about the pinball game. I mean yes, its got this awesome scene for multi ball, great voice overs, awesome movie clips, I love, love the power loader fight.. its really not that great. Just forget it even existed.

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I just don't understand why come back to Alien? There are so many other great things that could be made, why waste resources.. Back to the Future, all the line up that CGC is going to have (remakes), look at Stern just came out with Black Knight (looks awesome, I put my name on the LE list). I think it would be a waste to go back to Alien. Some people may not even want it given what happened in the past. Just watch the Alien movies and be happy. There is nothing that great about the pinball game. I mean yes, its got this awesome scene for multi ball, great voice overs, awesome movie clips, I love, love the power loader fight.. its really not that great. Just forget it even existed.

and dont forget queens nest and the APC missions. Very fun! But like I said, nothing to see here. Oh and that topper.. doesn't add to the suspense one bit.. nope.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

As a contract manufacturer, the legal issues wouldn't fall on them... It would fall on Pinball Brothers. If you are building a house and you get arrested, the builder doesn't get arrested too.

You really think pinside would care to differenciate?

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AP I could understand.

AP is moving to a larger facility and mentioned their desire to take on contract manufacturing at their Expo presentation.

#485 2 years ago

I've heard Fox wasn't thrilled with how Alien turned out. On top of that rumors persisted Andrew never had the international rights to begin with.

#486 2 years ago

The first ones.

CGC has long been building their own games.

LTG : )

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I just don't understand why come back to Alien? There are so many other great things that could be made, why waste resources.

all projects (even old ones) would take significant efforts to get them to production. Old or missing drawings, tooling, NLA components, modern requirements, etc. Its not like they can just pick a WPC title and say "ok, we are ready to order parts and build it!"

Alien on the other hand is a recent build with (presumably) all the materials known and accounted for. You only have to rework what you want to change.. instead of from old stuff you can't even use anymore.

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

No, but they could be ordered by a court to stop production for a number of reasons. Then they would be out a lot of money spent re-tooling, re-engineering, for purchased parts, etc. while it was tied up for years in court.

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Because Alien is essentially done. Its a new game that will sell, and essentially a contract to be produced. Its not like CGC (if its indeed them who makes it) has to do anything besides produce it. You have to remember, its not CGC producing the game, they are just manufacturing it. They don't own the rights to anything.

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Because Alien is essentially done. Its a new game that will sell, and essentially a contract to be produced.

Too me its really easy to understand why they would build Alien. Not only is the game done from a layout, rules standpoint, and design standpoint (of course there will be some redesign needed) everyone that has one or has played one loves it. The theme has always been a home-run for pinheads and the game itself is a winner. HW folded way before demand was satisfied, which is why the 200 or so games that were built are fetching 17k. If they price it right (not that 10k plus cash grab shit) they could easily sell 1000 units. I would buy one, even though I'm a little sour from the last time, with getting jerked around for 2 years. At least I was lucky and eventually got my deposit back. I wouldn't jump into the first wave on this, but I would once I had some confidence that it was real and happening.

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

There is nothing that great about the pinball game. I mean yes, its got this awesome scene for multi ball, great voice overs, awesome movie clips, I love, love the power loader fight.. its really not that great. Just forget it even existed.

Umm...I beg (insist) to differ here...

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

No the bet is an Alien remake is coming in 2019. You in or out. We aren't splitting hairs over whether they are manufactured here or not.

In fact the first batch will most likely be done overseas.

An Alien remake is coming in 2019, yes or no? $500 bucks

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AP I could understand.

Why would Stern do a 180 on "contract manufacturing"? Because they can make $$ and its profitable and it keeps people employed.

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like their line is plenty busy but then Stern ran MMR so I guess anything is possible. I have to think Stern's production capacity is much higher however.
There's virtually nothing about this rumor that makes any sense which is why I continue to take such a hard line that it's bullshit. Fortunately, there are pretty much ZERO consequences around here ever for being wrong [see ridiculous horseshit Lebowski rumor] so it's not like I'm risking much.

Well you are gonna look awful foolish after running your BIG F ing mouth non stop!

And its kind of a stupid statement to say "virtually nothing about this remake makes any sense". That's total BS and ignorant. You have ZERO clue what you are talking about. I happen to know and you don't, simple as that but keep running your mouth off.

I can't wait to do that Kman podcast

Keep digging that grave deeper Levi, l love it!

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

AP is moving to a larger facility and mentioned their desire to take on contract manufacturing at their Expo presentation.

Hmmmm, what exactly is "contract manufacturing"? Is that where other people would be willing to manufacture a pinball machine you have already designed and developed?

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Too me its really easy to understand why they would build Alien. Not only is the game done from a layout, rules standpoint, and design standpoint (of course there will be some redesign needed) everyone that has one or has played one loves it. The theme has always been a home-run for pinheads and the game itself is a winner. HW folded way before demand was satisfied, which is why the 200 or so games that were built are fetching 17k. If they price it right (not that 10k plus cash grab shit) they could easily sell 1000 units. I would buy one, even though I'm a little sour from the last time, with getting jerked around for 2 years. At least I was lucky and eventually got my deposit back. I wouldn't jump into the first wave on this, but I would once I had some confidence that it was real and happening.

Ding ding ding Bdaddy, now explain that to Levi!

I wouldn't waste my time with BS like Levi does.

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

everyone that has one or has played one loves it.

Meh.

#498 2 years ago

Lol
Correction. Except for yancy. So most everyone.

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

they are hiring all kinds of electrical engineers right now.

They must have some impressive financial backing ... that's a lot of salary, benefits, and other costs in that list . Cool!

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

They must have some impressive financial backing ... that's a lot of salary, benefits, and other costs in that list . Cool!

Deeproot does more than pinball, they are a contract manufacturing company.. with a pinball division.

There are 4,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 82.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside