Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I located some good deals on pins on buypinballmachine.com
    Does anyone know is this is a legit dealer? Doesn’t accept credit cards or PayPal only bank transfers and google cards. Any help would be appreciated. I’m concerned I sure them money and I’m not protected

#2 2 years ago

Haven’t looked at it but if you have to use wire transfers and gift cards I’m going to guess it’s a scam.

#3 2 years ago

Based on your description of the site I’m guessing it’s not legit.

We know most distributors here for new games and there are enough trusted ones here to buy with confidence.

Older games not in production aren’t plentiful enough for someone to open up a shop unless they are long standing in the community.

#4 2 years ago

I want that attack from Mars, however, they only seem to accept direct bank transfer and Bitcoin... I wouldn’t trust it.

#5 2 years ago

You could see if they will have a conversation with you to check for red flags but typically if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

#6 2 years ago

Lmao, their text is directly copy and pasted from Great American Pinball, they even copied the name. Most definitely a scam.

See: https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/pinball-machines

#7 2 years ago

Please people do not buy anything from this place. It’s ridiculously obvious it’s a scam.

#8 2 years ago

Total scam. Don't waste your time (or money). FYI, as a general rule, only scammers ask for gift cards as a form of payment.

Unfortunately, there's a whole group of scam sites listing pins for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinballshorecom-a-scam-store-or-legit-shop

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/caution-pinballshorecom

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-don-t-get-scammed/page/3#post-5940118

For lists of legitimate dealers, see these links:

https://sternpinball.com/buy-a-game/

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/distributors/

https://www.american-pinball.com/distributors/

Some only sell NIB games, some also deal with older refurbished games.

Beyond that, there's also private collectors who sell games. Here in the Pinside marketplace, and also in various buying/selling groups on facebook.

If you have a question about a dealer or anyone, don't hesitate to ask

#9 2 years ago

Never use google to find pinball dealers. Only use the manufacturers websites to find them.

#10 2 years ago

Yep. It's legit. All of my Ethiopian friends buy there.

#11 2 years ago

I think the "Attention! Don't Get Scammed!" thread pinned to the top of the forum needs to be in big blinking day-glo letters.

#12 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

Definitely a scam

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

[quoted image]
    Definitely a scam

#14 2 years ago

It’s really simple. If it has a super dumb name, a bunch of prices on popular machines that are better than you see anywhere else, and you’ve never heard of it before, it’s a scam.

I mean at least you asked before sending them money, but it really should be clear from the jump.

Nobody gonna go through the trouble of making a pinball retail website just to give games away under hobby market value. There’s some nice folks in pinball but nobody is that nice.

#15 2 years ago

I also looked at a machine from this site. They texted me back right away, then got to the payment. I said no way to the wire transfer. They said their CC payment gateway is currently undergoing updates. I said no way. So they said then they would take COD, but via Google Play cards and I had to get the cards prior to ship and show proof I had them. I assume I would have to give them the codes to verify they were valid which at that point they could take those codes and use them without the cards. So I said no to that. They said they have been only doing online purchasing and only shipping since COVID. I was able to chat with them online to say I wanted to physically see the machine and pick up myself. The address they gave me is 44 Rosa Parks Ln San Francisco CA 94103. Anyone close to there can verify what is at this location? I tried Google street view, but cannot get down that street to see what is there. I am in Texas. I would like a machine from there as well, but man, it just seems like a scam.

#17 2 years ago

Also, based on OPs name (PETERCRISSRULES) we might be looking at the same KISS pinball machine on their site. I noticed something right off the bat. Their title on the machine is KISS Premium when it is actually the Limited Edition. They sent me more pics of the machine and I noticed on their site pic was a Gene Simmons head for the ball flipper and the ones they sent me do not have that. Also, the pic on their site has different play cards than what they sent me.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToolMan469:

Also, based on OPs name (PETERCRISSRULES) we might be looking at the same KISS pinball machine on their site. I noticed something right off the bat. Their title on the machine is KISS Premium when it is actually the Limited Edition. They sent me more pics of the machine and I noticed on their site pic was a Gene Simmons head for the ball flipper and the ones they sent me do not have that. Also, the pic on their site has different play cards than what they sent me.

Reading is fundamental. Read this thread. The site is a scam. If these prices were legit, the games would’ve been gone long before you ever stumbled upon the website.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToolMan469:

I also looked at a machine from this site. They texted me back right away, then got to the payment. I said no way to the wire transfer. They said their CC payment gateway is currently undergoing updates. I said no way. So they said then they would take COD, but via Google Play cards and I had to get the cards prior to ship and show proof I had them. I assume I would have to give them the codes to verify they were valid which at that point they could take those codes and use them without the cards. So I said no to that. They said they have been only doing online purchasing and only shipping since COVID. I was able to chat with them online to say I wanted to physically see the machine and pick up myself. The address they gave me is 44 Rosa Parks Ln San Francisco CA 94103. Anyone close to there can verify what is at this location? I tried Google street view, but cannot get down that street to see what is there. I am in Texas. I would like a machine from there as well, but man, it just seems like a scam.

That address is in a nonprofit housing project. The apartments are small and probably difficult to operate a pinball showroom from.

#21 2 years ago

Some people just can’t be helped.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToolMan469:

Quoted from ToolMan469:

It doesn't matter what they sent you or what they claim their address is. It's a scam site. They aren't actually selling anything. They will just take your money and run.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToolMan469:

Why on earth are you even pursuing this? It takes ten seconds of research to know they are 100% a scam. Just search a snippet of text from their home page and you'll find it's stolen from GAP. Then if you reverse image search their logo you'll see it was stolen from the Chattanooga Pinball Museum: https://www.chattanoogapinballmuseum.com/

Ignoring all of that, the fact that they are offering to sell you a pinball machine in exchange for Google Play cards tells you everything you need to know.

#24 2 years ago

Anyone else Spidey sense tingling? I mean multiple topics of late about "suspect scam" websites posted by very new members to Pinside... ALMOST as if the OPs are attempting to get visits to those very suspect websites,?

Or is it just me?

#25 2 years ago

I get what you are saying but believe me, I am just a KISS fan looking for a Stern KISS machine. I have the older Bally one and now looking for a newer Stern one. When I found this one on this site, I kind of knew it was a scam, but you always hope it is not. Thus why I am still searching. I did a search for the site reviews and found this post. So, I thought I would join in on warning others that it certainly seems like it is a scam.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToolMan469:

Contact them and let them know you are at the location and see how they react.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Just for fun.

#28 2 years ago

HAHA. I was just thinking the same thing.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Tell them you will come pick up and pay in person.

#30 2 years ago

I did that. They gave me an address that someone confirmed above is a nonprofit housing project and the apartments are pretty small. But, they said I needed to pay before I got there so they could have it palletized for me. So, I knew where that was going. I told them I would wait for them to palletize it once I confirmed all was good with the machine. I assume they still think I am coming this weekend to check it out as that is what I told them.

#31 2 years ago

Darn, $2000 Stern Star Trek is out of stock. Who got it?

Wait! IMDN Premium in stock for $4800! Tron Legacy $4100!

Chatting with them now. Going to send them this $20,000 check I got from a Nigerian prince for doing him a favor and have them wire me back the difference!

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Can you add a poll to this thread?
    What's the #1 reason people lose their money to scammers?
    1. Stupidity
    2. Greed

I say Greed first that leads into Stupidity.
    -Mike

#34 2 years ago

This reminds me, where's that thread about the guy who ordered a cheap pin on that Chinese site? alibaba or something? What did he get in the end? Lost track of that one...

#35 2 years ago

Godzilla! $1,249 !!!!

SEND MONEY NOW !!!

#36 2 years ago

Hey, what's that saying? Something about if something sounds too good to be true ...

#37 2 years ago

They don't take money. Only Google Play cards

#38 2 years ago

and then your money

#39 2 years ago

Welcome to BUY PINBALL MACHINE!

Our logo is completely different than our company name!

In fact, it's the same logo as https://www.chattanoogapinballmuseum.com/ !

"We started out back in 1994 as Buy Pinball Machine."

We only take BITCOIN and BANK TRANSFERS!

And you're asking if this is a scam.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

Welcome to BUY PINBALL MACHINE!
    Our logo is completely different than our company name!
    In fact, it's the same logo as https://www.chattanoogapinballmuseum.com/ !
    "We started out back in 1994 as Buy Pinball Machine."
    We only take BITCOIN and BANK TRANSFERS!
    And you're asking if this is a scam.

KISS fans dude

#41 2 years ago

You got, got nothing to lose (Well, nothing)
    You got, got nothing to lose (Yeah, baby)
    You got, got nothing to lose (Whoo, you got nothing)
    You got, got nothing to lose (You g-g-g-g-got nothing)
    You got, got nothing to lose (Well, come on mama)
    You got, got nothing to lose (Yeah, shake your huh)
    You got, got
    You got, you got, you got nothing to lose

#42 2 years ago

Their website notes that they are a Deeproot distributor and they have RAZAs in stock ready to ship. They must be legit.

#43 2 years ago

“Pinball is actually cool again.” Oh, well then, in that case, I think I shall purchase one.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

This reminds me, where's that thread about the guy who ordered a cheap pin on that Chinese site?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-for-89-i-dont-know-what-i-m-really-going-to-get

#46 2 years ago

The website name in the thread title alone is all you need to know that it is a scam.

...or, ya know do some research and dig deeper. Maybe there's a chance.

#47 2 years ago

The website sure sounds legit.

I added (27) Funhouses to my cart and checked out. I can't wait until the delivery truck shows up!

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

The website sure sounds legit.
    I added (27) Funhouses to my cart and checked out. I can't wait until the delivery truck shows up!

Whoa man, they’re hoarding all the classics?!? Maybe this is part of what’s driving prices up!!! Damn you Ibuypinballmachine!!!

#49 2 years ago

The phone number at the bottom of the site works for a couple different places:

buypinballmachine.com/contact/

vyvanseonline.com/contact-us/

jamierugersonline.com/contact/

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

The phone number at the bottom of the site works for a couple different places:

vyvanseonline.com/contact-us/

They need the White Vans to sell these bargain games in shopping center parking lots with.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-buypinballmachinecom-a-legit-website-/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.