(Topic ID: 300926)

Is Brian Eddy as awesome as we use to think he was?

By Doctor6

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ap yes please (resized).jpg
    10CF137A-3530-4609-8E77-2BF5707321A1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 2 years ago

What are the issues with Mando code? I played it at launch and I thought it was pretty well done, and I’m usually not into Dwight’s code these days. But it’s clear it has a lot of modes & variety. Wasn’t confusing. Granted I only played like 10 times, but it seemed all there.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Mando shoulda been the blockbuster instead of Godzilla

Mando likely is a blockbuster. Always remember how far theme goes with casuals, and many buyers aren’t on Pinside discussing nuance if design and code. Mando is prob still selling great and will continue to do so.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

One of the weakest Data East, up there with Star Trek.

I love the music tho. When DE sped up & funkified John Williams music for SW & Hook, it makes me smile.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

No one invested money in MM, AFM, or the shadow, because it was only operators buying. Put any of these themes out today and they’d not sell for the home market. Yes, they’ve sold remakes, but only because of the nostalgia factor.

This is a lie. Tons of people bought MM, AFM, and Shadow for their homes - and kept them there...that's why the prices went up, which drove the creation of the remakes. They're brilliantly designed & coded games - nostalgia has nothing to do with people wanting to own them.

Quoted from jimwe5t:

Fast forward, ST and Mando are flow monsters, with interesting game play and far deeper code than MM, AFM and TS. Those games don’t last in the home environment they are so shallow.

Those games have literally been bolted to the floor in countless collections. They're not shallow games. If you think these are shallow games, you've never played an actually shallow game. This is an ignorant statement at best, a lie at worst.

Quoted from jimwe5t:

Every person I know who purchased the remakes have sold them off, from boredom.

Every person you know hates pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-brian-eddy-as-awesome-as-we-use-to-think-he-was?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.