(Topic ID: 300926)

Is Brian Eddy as awesome as we use to think he was?

By Doctor6

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ap yes please (resized).jpg
    10CF137A-3530-4609-8E77-2BF5707321A1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 2 years ago

The only complaint I have about Mando is how many hang ups you get where the ball is in a spot the machine cannot clear or even decide to clear. Especially on the left ramp, lots up level sections that the ball stops on on the Pre/LE. Some of this might be due to ball magnetization. For this reason, any Mando setup with tight tilt is unfair. Mando, IMO, is a fantastic pin. My 7 year old son plays it constantly and he did not show much interest in pinball before that. I had been wating for an Eddy designed pin to compliment our MMR but for me, STh was not it theme-wise.

#78 2 years ago

To answer the OP's question. Yes. Brian Eddy I am told will be at Pintastic this year. Cool. My 7 year would enjoy meeting the Mando pin designer as my son plays that game a lot, even in a Mando Halloween costume.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

You're.

#94 2 years ago

Brian Eddy designed pins with an LCD?

ap yes please (resized).jpgap yes please (resized).jpg
    #108 2 years ago

At a podcast for STh when it released, Brian Eddy was there with his girlfriend. I asked in the message post, "What's it like dating a legend?" His girlfriend said, something like, which one of us are you asking? Brian Eddy is a good ambassador for pinball as well, seems like a good natured guy.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

In the case of Mandalorian, Dwight is reportedly credited for the game structure, rather than Brian Eddy. Don't know if or how much that would have affected the playfield layout. Don't forget how many games Brian Eddy has coded in the past; we won't know his true current potential until he's allowed to do another one himself.

Brian Eddy stated that there were originally 2 separate "up the middle" shots that became just the one Razor Crest shot with the up target because of tight spacing there. It's why it's more like a boulevard now. There is a post sleeved post behind the Ambush scoop that is unreachable by the ball so something definitely changed with the design there.

#133 2 years ago

Coded/programmed in assembler I think he said. No higher level language was used at that time, early '90s.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-brian-eddy-as-awesome-as-we-use-to-think-he-was?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.