(Topic ID: 300926)

Is Brian Eddy as awesome as we use to think he was?

By Doctor6

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ap yes please (resized).jpg
    10CF137A-3530-4609-8E77-2BF5707321A1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

Stranger Things is an amazing game. The fact that you mentioned that you can't get the ball in the demogorgan means the game was not set up properly. Also comparing it to a vagina would make me reevaluate the women I have been with. It really is a reimagined AFM. I actually prefer it as I am so burnt out on AFM and MM. Mando was fun when I played it...felt a bit too easy. I am sure code will help it just like it did with STh. I honestly don't think his reputation has been jeopardized although I would like to see something really different from him in the next game.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Defend the first demodog mode, please. I'd love to hear it.

Eh I guess it would be better if it timed out? I dunno. I always try to carry something else into it. I find if I just keep the ball alive I will get the majority of the shots and then just pick up the ones I need. I am not sure how it is a deal breaker or a negative ding on the game. Is it really that hard for you? Being honest because I have non pinball people play and they are able to complete it and they aren't really aiming for shots the whole time.

I get when people dog the game because of the fiddly-ness of some of the mechs like the TK lock and the demogorgan mouth shot. And I can understand some people thinking the layout is a bit recycled or they don't enjoy hitting the same shot multiple times to start a mode. But all of the modes to me are unique. There is a lot going on and having a bunch of modes that are randomly assigned makes for a different play each time. As far as the add time mystery award...it will definitely show up more if you are in a timed mode.

I do think the game is amazing. But I think a lot of games are. Maybe I should improve my vocabulary when describing games I like. I will say one thing I love about the game is that it is very approachable.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Mutant angry vag.
    Yeah, I didnt expect the downvotes. Was just trying to be thought provoking. Turned into a bunch of hurt feelings from game owners.

What do you expect with a title like "Is Brian Eddy as awesome as we use to think he was?". Is thought-provoking code for trolling? You had quite a few people say they like Stranger Things and think it is one of Eddy's better games. But since it doesn't align with your opinion, they are now just a bunch of butt hurt game owners?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-brian-eddy-as-awesome-as-we-use-to-think-he-was?tu=Palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.