vlcsnap-2013-05-29-11h05m30s60 (resized).jpg
IMG_4616 (resized).JPG
caitlyn-jenner (resized).jpg
IMG_4583 (resized).JPG
addtext_com_MTEzNjA5MzUxMTQ0 (resized).png
1hifm7 (resized).jpg
DSCN5233 (resized).JPG
dd9 (resized).JPG
There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That makes sense, no Lyman.

Glad they got their priorities straight about who was coding what game. If Lyman's on the job it almost guarantees the game will get done. And beyond properly. That was part of the insurance I needed to bring Batman home.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Man,
Now I know why you had the unmitigated nerve to start this thread in the first place.
Don't forget your bat-corn Van Doh!

It's a terrible theme!

Doesn't matter that I've never seen the show it's based on in my entire life.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I'm Holding out for a VTTBOTS LE. Must have a Flying Sub toy on the playfield!

Movie or tv version?

Actually a pin based on all the irwin allen tv shows could be fun; time tunnel, land of the giants, lost in space etc.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That was part of the insurance I needed to bring Batman home

And don't forget the part where you need to keep it for more than a year so that said insurance can actually kick in!

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Would you say it's "hanging tough?"
I haven't seen the show in decades probably...

Heck ya! It's on MeTV late Saturday night and I watch it pretty regularly. It wasn't enough to make me want this game at first, but I enjoy the show with all the plots and especially all the guest villains.

It came out when color TV was new and they made it a very colorful show to look good on those high dollar Zeniths of the day.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's a terrible theme!
Doesn't matter that I've never seen the show it's based on in my entire life.

To be fair, my initial point was that the original audience was getting too old. That point got lost a bit once I was asked to change the title. It became a little too black and white.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

To be fair, my initial point was that the original audience was getting too old.

I'll run circles around all of you!

#158 7 years ago

Pour one for me OD I'm on the way ! That wasn't Big Daddy's spot though was it ?
This machine looks sweeter than Caitlyn Jenner on Valentine's day. Sure wish I had the jack. You really ARE Big Daddy today baby ! Score.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pour one for me OD I'm on the way ! That wasn't Big Daddy's spot though was it ?

Big Daddy still sits adjacent on the other side of that room divider in the TV room and still kicks everybody's ass that plays it. Ripley's got shipped out because it couldn't cut the mustard sitting next to BSD and Dirty Harry. I was sure I would have to get another B/W to fill it's spot, but Batman will do just fine.

And if you ever make it to So Cal, you better come by!

#160 7 years ago

New code is up! Two hours left at work. Perfect timing!

#161 7 years ago

Downloading as we speak Spicoli!
Righteous gigs!

#162 7 years ago

Cool dude! On my lousy home internet that could take hours.

Nimblepin, turning hours into minutes, one update at a time.

#163 7 years ago

Is the update really 3.5 gigs?

#164 7 years ago

Spicoli!!!

Sounds like fun Sunday. Wish I was there

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nimblepin, turning hours into minutes, one update at a time.

Besides the chili,
It's your belated Christmas present since you decided to take one new Stern for the team.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spicoli!!!
Sounds like fun Sunday. Wish I was there

Hop in your lear jet and join the party!

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hop in your lear jet and join the party!

Yeah right! Dang, chili too

#168 7 years ago

Not just chili... NimbleChili!

IMG_4583 (resized).JPGIMG_4583 (resized).JPG

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This machine looks sweeter than Caitlyn Jenner on Valentine's day. Sure wish I had the jack. You really ARE Big Daddy today baby ! Score.

Caitlyn? You are into that kind of thing?

caitlyn-jenner (resized).jpgcaitlyn-jenner (resized).jpg

#170 7 years ago

Now that is some good looking chili right there NP. Mix in a little jalapenos and you are all set. Maybe sprinkle on some tabasco too.

I would bring tamales, queso and mucho cerveza to the party!

#171 7 years ago

Chili looks way more palatable than Caitlyn.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Chili looks way more palatable than Caitlyn.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mix in a little jalapenos and you are all set.

It's all in there buddy.

In other news...

IMG_4616 (resized).JPGIMG_4616 (resized).JPG
All loaded up!

#174 7 years ago

Righteous!

vlcsnap-2013-05-29-11h05m30s60 (resized).jpgvlcsnap-2013-05-29-11h05m30s60 (resized).jpg

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Caitlyn? You are into that kind of thing?

Into what ? Hot chicks ? Well hell yeah, aren't you ?

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is the update really 3.5 gigs?

Yes

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Based on the strong opinions expressed here, I'm going to watch Batman 66 this weekend, and see if it's any good. I'm not sure I've ever actually watched it. I'm willing to investigate, but skeptical.

Watching the show for the first time in today's world will probably not impress you, especially after exposure to Star Wars and so many DC Batman movies and various Marvel superhero movies. Back when it was an early program in color, when most homes could only get two or three channels on their 19" or smaller televisions, using tall external antennas, it was a much bigger deal. I'll always be fond of it because it was a shining beacon of entertainment on the best channel we could get over rabbit ears, surrounded by news, wrestling, black and white westerns, and other boring programming when I was growing up. The original Star Trek and Wild Wild West series were about the only competing science fiction/superhero entertainment I can recall from that dark era.

#178 7 years ago

Oops, dupe.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They reused one toy. The layout is new.

I thought I read the left side is new by right side is the same, should have been more new features like ghostbusters design which is really different. Same as Aerosmith just like Kiss pin.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Movie or tv version?
Actually a pin based on all the irwin allen tv shows could be fun; time tunnel, land of the giants, lost in space etc.

If there's a Flying Sub it would have to be the T.V. series.

Fortunately, all those shows are now on MeTV Saturday night (along with Wonder Woman, Batman 66, Superman, and Svengoolie.)

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I thought I read the left side is new by right side is the same, should have been more new features like ghostbusters design which is really different. Same as Aerosmith just like Kiss pin.

All these pins have two flippers in the same spot and 3 pop bumpers. And 4 legs. They're all the same.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They reused one toy. The layout is new.

You can only say that if there is more different than there is the same. I'll just leave this here.

batmans (resized).pngbatmans (resized).png

#183 7 years ago

I really dig the colorful new artwork. Much more appealing than the old dark knight, but the price is just waaay too much. Really enjoy playing the old dark knight so I'm sure this game is gonna kick ass.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

You can only say that if there is more different than there is the same. I'll just leave this here.

I could put a bunch of other games side by side and point out similar things. The left orbit is in a different place, there are two ramps, and the right one is in a different spot than the BDK ramp. The whole center toy area is entirely different. All the inserts are different. The game rules logic isn't even remotely the same. They're different games in the same way that Iron Man and Austin Powers came from the same DNA but are different games.

#185 7 years ago

Did they reuse the playfields perhaps, and just re-screen them?

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I could put a bunch of other games side by side and point out similar things. The left orbit is in a different place, there are two ramps, and the right one is in a different spot than the BDK ramp. The whole center toy area is entirely different. All the inserts are different. The game rules logic isn't even remotely the same. They're different games in the same way that Iron Man and Austin Powers came from the same DNA but are different games.

All true, but they are both Batman games. Total nonsense Stern tried this. If BM66 had taken its DNA from something else, like WOF (a much better playfield BTW), then it would have been far easier to pass it off as a new layout.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

All true, but they are both Batman games. Total nonsense Stern tried this. If BM66 had taken its DNA from something else, like WOF (a much better playfield BTW), then it would have been far easier to pass it off as a new layout.

I owned a BDK. I played B66. Aside from the crane, they're entirely different experiences. That being said, I wouldn't own them both. If I didn't have either game, the knowledge that B66 having similar DNA wouldn't stop me from buying one....the price and incomplete code would lol.

#188 7 years ago

I remember the early Superman series ,some where in color! It seemed a lot more real than what we were given with Batman!! And yes,we are in our sixties,now,and the pin is, as the show was!! Why do you assume we grew up??

#189 7 years ago

It's a great theme. Batman 66 has been making the rounds on the internet for ages thanks to the campiness and Cesar Romero's wonderfully over-the-top (gay) Joker. Pop art never dies, anyways.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's true we accept other situations like this (ST/SM, AP/IM) because there are only so many shots available on a standard width playfield, and Stern loves a proven layout. Different rules make the game feel different but that doesn't mean BM66 isn't BDK with shots adjusted by mm, if at all. I think it's an improvement on the BDK layout.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's true we accept other situations like this (ST/SM, AP/IM) because there are only so many shots available on a standard width playfield, and Stern loves a proven layout. Different rules make the game feel different but that doesn't mean BM66 isn't BDK with shots adjusted by mm, if at all. I think it's an improvement on the BDK layout.

And that's exactly why I brought one, I liked my BDK but every time I played I would hit the teeter totter or upper playfield and be thinking "I wish this was a complete ramp shot" BM66 offered up the improvements I wanted out of my old BDK plus the theme is a family favourite.

One thing I do miss though is the drop and joker lock shot that was a great shot, but as long as the crane is implemented as well as it was in BDK I can live without the drop although it would have been nice to incorporate it somewhere.

#192 7 years ago

Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Probably time for the pinball companies to start finding what's retro/popular/interesting for 30-somethings. The 45-60 year-olds aren't going to keep them afloat indefinitely. Yet a few dozen are still begging for the next old man rocking theme like Iron Maiden or Slayer.

I think pinball companies should start building machines for what is retro/popular/interesting for people who are exactly 44 years old. No more, no less. Exactly 44.

Thank you

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I think pinball companies should start building machines for what is retro/popular/interesting for people who are exactly 44 years old. No more, no less. Exactly 44.
Thank you

To pile on - I'm actually curious about what theme WOUld appeal to 30-somethings (how many of them have thousands of dollars of disposable income?). What is a central theme that the majority of 30-something's enjoy? Hell im 38 and I have no clue what would appeal to my generation and those even a few years younger. Cell phones? Oops nope. Themselves? How about the next theme just has an all-mirror play field and backglass? A question for smarter people than I, I suppose.

#195 7 years ago

Voltron, GI Joe, Transformers, He-Man, Land of the Lost? Hell I don't know..

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

BM66 is another poor theme.
I'm suspect the average pinball player/buyer is in their 30s-50s. If you were 16-22 years old when BM66 came out, you are now ~66-72 years old. This is just not the peak of the pinball buyer window. Are there a lot of buyers that really feel nostalgic about this title?
I'm sick of these old man nostalgia titles. Even Aerosmith feels dated.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5973626/ If Batman 66 was dated Amazon would not put out the movie in 2016

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Voltron, GI Joe, Transformers, He-Man, Land of the Lost? Hell I don't know..

I would totally buy a Voltron pin.. Or "Transformers '84"! Would have to be JJP, Stern would re-use the PF toys from that godawful movie...

#198 7 years ago

Spawn

Render_full_CG (resized).jpgRender_full_CG (resized).jpg

#199 7 years ago

Theme does not = gameplay.I will never understand why people drop 6-10K on theme.Play it first!!!!Its brand new plenty of time to get one if you fall in love.

You wouldn't/couldnt buy MM,MB,ToM,Getaway,Target Alpha,Jungle Princess,Fathom on theme cause you dont know what the hell it is until you play.Live by this and youll never be dissappointed with a pinball purchase again.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Theme does not = gameplay.I will never understand why people drop 6-10K on theme.Play it first!!!!Its brand new plenty of time to get one if you fall in love.

everyone is different, I wouldn't buy a great playing pin if I disliked the theme, I would go play it on site but never own, yet I have a Robocop and while I like the gameplay if was themed after "Friends" or "WOZ" no chance so I think people are willing to take the plunge based on a great theme first and foremost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-bm66-a-nostalgic-theme/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.