Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Per their web site:

http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/

Big Daddy is currently unavailable until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

I hope everything is ok. I really like their stuff!

#2 8 years ago

Todd is great to deal with....I'm confident its temporary

#3 8 years ago

I just got some stuff from him last week...

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Todd is great to deal with....I'm confident its temporary

Todd is awesome and I rely on his goods for my Classic Bally games!

#5 8 years ago

Todd's facility experienced a flooded basement. From the information I received, he had 2" of water on the floor.

I'm sure he'll be back as soon as he can. And yes...Todd is excellent to deal with.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Todd's facility experienced a flooded basement. From the information I received, he had 2" of water on the floor.
    I'm sure he'll be back as soon as he can. And yes...Todd is excellent to deal with.

Yikes, that's not good

I hope there wasn't too much damage.

#7 8 years ago

Depending what you need you could get a lot of it from Great Plains Electronics.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Depending what you need you could get a lot of it from Great Plains Electronics.

Bigdaddy has a lot of obsolete components and ICs that GPE doesn't carry

#9 8 years ago

Big Daddy rocks!

#10 8 years ago

Hey all, I'm just checkin in on Todd's behalf here... I took the site down for him yesterday morning.

He has been having internet issues for the last 72 hours (had to go borrow some internet access from a neighbor just to get some labels printed) and then to top it all off, his basement flooded big time. When I got to his house, he had about 3" of water in the basement. We worked all day to get stuff out of the water and then started to go through the drying out process. We had 3 sump pumps going and it took all day to get the water down to a point where we could even start working with squeegees and shop vacs.

It's going to take him a few days to get through it all... we were taking stuff out of wet boxes, laying it in the sun to dry, then repacking in new dry boxes. But we were working as fast as we could and boxes were not labeled. Most of the Big daddy stock was unaffected, but there were some parts that he is going to have to find still and get himself back in order. More than enough to keep him very busy.

Not to mention, figure out why he doesn't have internet access!

And after he gets everything squared away and back up and running again, we get to change out 300+ leg levelers!

#11 8 years ago

Thanks for the update--sucks that this happened, but good to hear that things weren't worse.

#12 8 years ago

Todd - dry out man... we want you back!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board solutions

3 months later
    #13 8 years ago

Does anyone know if he got back up. I ordered some stuff a week or so ago. I have heard and received nothing.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballnut3:

Does anyone know if he got back up. I ordered some stuff a week or so ago. I have heard and received nothing.

Just got a package from him this week. But it took 4 weeks to ship. So they are moving, just slowly.

#15 8 years ago

2 weeks to ship parts to me. Still love th guy and the site but wish things could move quicker (or at least were communicated better)

#16 8 years ago

I find it best to email him right after the order with a followup in a day or so if you haven't received a tracking #.

We love Big Daddy!

#17 8 years ago

Way before his flood I placed an order and it took over 10 days to receive. I opted for priority mail at checkout which was was was of money. I complained and he pretty much told me tough sh*t in so many words. Previous to that, I used to get orders in a timely manner or atleast an apology for slow shipping.

#18 8 years ago

My last order took 19 days to get it. If Monday's order takes that long I'll find another vendor. Joe

#19 8 years ago

Honestly, I've avoided ordering from Todd lately because of the reported shipping delays and my own experience. I like Todd, and he has a lot of good prices on parts, but I'm not too keen on waiting around 2+ weeks for an order. However, as long as you don't mind the wait, he always comes through in the end.

#20 8 years ago

Against my better judgment, I’ll reply. Truth is yes, I take some time to fill some orders. I’m behind, always am until I’m caught up for a few minutes and BAM, another order. Great place to be some say, it is and it isn’t. I don’t like being behind, but it’s a fact that it happens. I should just leave it at that and apologize like I do, but when people post lies about me or the situation, I’m going to speak up.

Quoted from Lovef2k:

I complained and he pretty much told me tough sh*t in so many words.

Rich, your last order from me was April of this year on the 17th. That was a Friday. I did mail it late, almost 4 business days later. I sent you the tracking number and said thank you for the order. Your reply in whole was: “I put in my order 6 days ago and it just shipping? WTF! I asked for priority mail which was $15 for a handful of IC's which is ridiculous. I'm going to a show next week and now won't have time to work on my boards

My reply, in whole was “Sorry to disappoint, I mail as fast as I can.” Far cry from telling you "tough sh*t". That was the end of our conversation. You had ordered from me 10 times in the past, once I refunded shipping overage, I don't do that now, my postage & handling policy is fair and clearly stated on my site. For your past 10 orders, I did the quick math and my average ship time for you had been 2-3 days. It's that *one* time when all of it becomes "not good enough".

ForceFlow, sorry to lose you as a customer. And anyone, hopefully you will give me another chance.

In almost all cases when I'm slow to ship, it's a long order with small parts to count and/or kits that I don't have built up. While you may not think it's hard to count a bunch of chips or resistors, that fact is it's much more time consuming (and less profitable) than pulling a single replacement board off the shelf and wrapping and sending. And as proven, it's the people ordering the small parts that complain, whether it's about the time or shipping costs. I've considered not selling parts at all, but I know that the parts with the kits and boards I provide make it easier for people to get their games running. I'm not making excuses, but mailing isn't all I have to do to run Big Daddy. I also have to spend the time sourcing parts, sorting product and putting away, making kits, answering questions, paying bills and other accounting. I also allow customers to pick up parts, twice this week, and you can't come here and not stay an hour.

I certainly should be filling an order NOW instead of this.

Quoted from joe2012:

If Monday's order takes that long I'll find another vendor.

And with that, I better get back at it. Joe, your order should mail here today.

Todd

#21 8 years ago

Thanks for the response Todd.

Out of curiosity, do you think it might be time for a part-time helper who could assist with some of the grunt work? Perhaps a local high school or college student?

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Out of curiosity, do you think it might be time for a part-time helper who could assist with some of the grunt work? Perhaps a local high school or college student?

It's past time, and I've thought about this a lot over the years, and have tried some various things. In the end though, in order to get someone who would really be useful and take ownership of what I need help with, in other words a "real employee", the cost would outweigh the benefits. Let alone I do not want the hassles of the legal issues having an employee. Where I could use help would involve a decent amount of training, and I don't have the time to teach someone my business. For the simple stuff, say the packing & shipping, I've tried that too. I end up doing it myself cause they don't understand or care that something needs to be packed THIS way and shipped via THIS method. When it comes out of your own pocket, it's different.

#23 8 years ago

I've always had great luck with Big Daddy Ent.

#24 8 years ago

Todd, I'll still support you though I do look elsewhere when time is of the essence. For most things (99%) though, a few days isn't a big deal. In reality, it's just great to have options to fix these machines. Please keep up the good work.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

when time is of the essence.

I answer every email, if time *is* of the essence, email me and ask. Tell me what you need (better yet send a shopping cart print), and I'll tell you where I stand. And pay for Priority on check out! I can't tell you the number of time I get an order, ground shipping is picked, and I get an email shortly after saying "Can you mail this today?"

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

And as proven, it's the people ordering the small parts that complain, whether it's about the time or shipping costs.

I sympathize with you. It is always the guy with the $8.00 order that whines about the shipping charge and the delivery time.

I hate those people.

#27 8 years ago

I've always had great dealings with Big Daddy. When I need another Rottendog board, or some parts, I'll be sure to order from BD.

Regards,
    Tom

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I certainly should be filling an order NOW instead of this

I want to say thank you to Todd. I did not mean to stir negative feedback. He did get in touch with me and is sending my stuff.
    I am fine with the situation.

#29 8 years ago

Todd ,Thanks for the speedy service. Joe

#30 8 years ago

I bought a Rottendog power supply from Big Daddy, got it fast, worked great! Had a great experience! I will add that most people, myself included want their parts yesterday, we hate having our machines down! I am just as inpatient as the next person! We have to realize companies have other customers and problems! keep up the good work Todd!

#31 8 years ago

I just recently purchased the Incognito board and I got it in a couple days, I will continue to order from your site, thanks Todd!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Against my better judgment, I’ll reply. Truth is yes, I take some time to fill some orders. I’m behind, always am until I’m caught up for a few minutes and BAM, another order. Great place to be some say, it is and it isn’t. I don’t like being behind, but it’s a fact that it happens. I should just leave it at that and apologize like I do, but when people post lies about me or the situation, I’m going to speak up.

Rich, your last order from me was April of this year on the 17th. That was a Friday. I did mail it late, almost 4 business days later. I sent you the tracking number and said thank you for the order. Your reply in whole was: “I put in my order 6 days ago and it just shipping? WTF! I asked for priority mail which was $15 for a handful of IC's which is ridiculous. I'm going to a show next week and now won't have time to work on my boards
    My reply, in whole was “Sorry to disappoint, I mail as fast as I can.” Far cry from telling you "tough sh*t". That was the end of our conversation. You had ordered from me 10 times in the past, once I refunded shipping overage, I don't do that now, my postage & handling policy is fair and clearly stated on my site. For your past 10 orders, I did the quick math and my average ship time for you had been 2-3 days. It's that *one* time when all of it becomes "not good enough".
    ForceFlow, sorry to lose you as a customer. And anyone, hopefully you will give me another chance.
    In almost all cases when I'm slow to ship, it's a long order with small parts to count and/or kits that I don't have built up. While you may not think it's hard to count a bunch of chips or resistors, that fact is it's much more time consuming (and less profitable) than pulling a single replacement board off the shelf and wrapping and sending. And as proven, it's the people ordering the small parts that complain, whether it's about the time or shipping costs. I've considered not selling parts at all, but I know that the parts with the kits and boards I provide make it easier for people to get their games running. I'm not making excuses, but mailing isn't all I have to do to run Big Daddy. I also have to spend the time sourcing parts, sorting product and putting away, making kits, answering questions, paying bills and other accounting. I also allow customers to pick up parts, twice this week, and you can't come here and not stay an hour.
    I certainly should be filling an order NOW instead of this.

And with that, I better get back at it. Joe, your order should mail here today.
    Todd

Todd,
    Yes I was upset at the time. I figured if you had an option for priority mail at checkout, the order would ship right away. The vibe I got from your response was that you didn't care how long it took to ship. I though a partial refund of the shipping would have shown that you appreciate your customers. I'm sorry that I made this statement on a public forum. You are one of the first vendors that I bought from when I entered the hobby in 2008. I like your products and prices. Next time I will order earlier so I have what I need when going to a show.

#33 8 years ago

Ya, I got my order, a little delayed shipping. He has good prices. It's pinball people, what's the hurry for a spring and some rubbers. You will get your order. I did , took 2 weeks, but I got it, and all the parts I got will take another 2 months to get into machines. Will order from Todd again!

#34 8 years ago

Big Daddy deserves a vacation.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ya, I got my order, a little delayed shipping. He has good prices. It's pinball people, what's the hurry for a spring and some rubbers. You will get your order. I did , took 2 weeks, but I got it, and all the parts I got will take another 2 months to get into machines. Will order from Todd again!

Typically I'm not in a hurry but I needed the parts for an upcoming show so that I would have games running for free play.

#36 8 years ago

Pinball is a tough business. A lot of us are one man shows - and it's so easy to get behind with life. Not all life is predictable. A lot of products can't be offered cost effectively if someone has to hire and train a staff.

If you're genuinely in a hurry for something, it's always good to let the seller know. I know everyone wants what they ordered, and they want it now, but I order a lot of stuff that I want now that ends up sitting on a shelf for a week or more before I get to it. But if I *need* something to finish a board for a customer, or something like that, I always drop the seller a line and opt for the faster shipping. If it's a stocked item that I'm just getting low on, they can ship it the slow way and it gets here when it gets here.

Guys like Todd and Ed help us keep our games going. I don't expect either of them are out driving their Lamborghinis on the profit and laughing at us waiting on our orders.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-big-daddy-enterprises-on-vacation?hl=mkgoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.