Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16397902878788749714078013312544 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1451 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0392 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0290 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0787 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0508 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1158 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1159 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1114 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1115 (resized).JPG
    SAM_3442 (resized).JPG
    SAM_3451 (resized).JPG
    SAM_3446 (resized).JPG
    SAM_3447 (resized).JPG
    SAM_3448 (resized).JPG
    SAM_3178 (resized).JPG
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I emailed 2 weeks ago... no response

#2 6 years ago

I emailed 2 years ago with same result...

#3 6 years ago

I received a backglass a few months ago. I know of someone who emailed recently about pricing and got a response.

It's possible that your emails are ending up in spam. Do you have another email address you can try sending from?

#4 6 years ago

I ordered about a month ago. Communication was quick. Try again

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I emailed 2 years ago with same result...

Lol

#6 6 years ago

This subject came up several months ago and he said to text him. I have not tried that yet but here is the number he provided.

1-248-760-7381

#7 6 years ago

I emailed last week, he got back to me today & I ordered 2 glasses....

Usually if I don't get a response to an email after about a week I just copy/paste original email & send again. I was going to do that here in another day or two until I opened my inbox this morning & saw a reply.

I know in my business I get a lot of emails, & sometimes they end up in my junk box (which I forget to look through religiously), or I read them quick, but don't have time to reply etc at that time I read, & they get shuffled down the inbox & I forget to respond etc. I'm sure I'm not only one like that, so I appreciate it when customers re-send a week later & ask me if I "got this"? Sometimes I did & sometimes I didn't....

#8 6 years ago

I contacted him about two weeks ago and ordered a backglass. So he is still around.

#9 6 years ago

BGRESTO still going strong.

I received a glass from Steve last week

#10 6 years ago

Just got one 3 days ago it took 10 weeks

#11 6 years ago

When you guys say you received a glass... are we talking repaired backglass or reproduction of something he has on file?

#12 6 years ago

The one I got was almost like some kind of inkjet or other photo paper glued to the glass with some coating on the back of it.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The one I got was almost like some kind of inkjet or other photo paper glued to the glass with some coating on the back of it.

Ok... good? Bad?

#14 6 years ago

Better than nothing.

#15 6 years ago

They are definitely lacking in communication, but stay after them. Still alive and kicking.

I got a Paragon backglass recently. Took a few messages, then sent payment, then nothing for 2 months, then got tracking. That's the norm.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Agreed, definatley not close to original process, its almost like a think translite

#17 6 years ago

I ordered a Paragon and Stars backglass. Communication was slow but they eventually got back to me. Great product. Stick with it.

#18 6 years ago

The one I got in my opinion was just as nice as the original. Actually better given the original was in bad shape. No one that has seen it realizes it is a reproduction. That is why I have place a second order. Again, my opinion for what that is worth, but I am happy.

#19 6 years ago

I sent Steve a Spooks EM rifle backglass for him to restore and it took 3-4 months total. Awesome product and he estimated that time frame right from the beginning.

No, it's not the same process the original manufacturers used but it looks damn good imho.

0121182053c (resized).jpg0121182053c (resized).jpg

Here are more pictures of the game with before and after BGResto pics...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XBomYrE0vjg6yQah1

#20 6 years ago

I’ll definitely be persistent. Thanks folks!

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

They are definitely lacking in communication, but stay after them. Still alive and kicking.
    I got a Paragon backglass recently. Took a few messages, then sent payment, then nothing for 2 months, then got tracking. That's the norm.

What is your opinion on the backglass you received?

#22 6 years ago

We probably have 50 bgresto glasses at the Ann Arbor museum. he's saved our ass many times! glass you couldn't get anywhere. we have to put small stickers on the games with his glass, so we can remember which are original and which are his. From the front usually it's difficult to tell. Obviously from the back you can tell. Do the process take a long time? hell yea. I can't figure it out. Sometimes it's 3 weeks, sometimes it's 6 months! i don't say anything...

#23 6 years ago

He is not quick as this is not his day job but the product and the packing for shipment are awesome.

#24 6 years ago

He works overseas sometimes. Be patient. Great work. Takes some time though.

#25 6 years ago

Got 2 glasses last week, ordered in Sept 2017. The glasses are awesome and worth the wait. Emails were always replied to but did take some time on occasions. I’ve seen this come up a few times on here now. Patience is key here as I believe Steve is very busy.

#26 6 years ago

The original owner is back at the helm. Talked to him a three weeks ago about a williams glads.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

This subject came up several months ago and he said to text him. I have not tried that yet but here is the number he provided.
    1-248-760-7381

So is this number still current? I emailed twice over the last month and left a message at this number about a week ago. No responses. Guess perhaps I'll just keep trying.

#28 6 years ago

I ordered and paid (through Paypal) a Cleopatra glass on Christmas day; didn't hear back until January 26th saying it's scheduled to be done within 10 weeks; I just wanted to confirm he had mine in his production list of to do jobs.

Judging by other's in this post of jobs he is doing or just completed and saying it's not his full time job it seems like he is pretty busy.

I wonder how much time it does take to produce a glass?

#29 6 years ago

What do they charge roughly for a new backglass?

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

From the front usually it's difficult to tell.

Not really, the repros are easy to spot because the blacks are slightly grey when backlit due to the lack of opaque ink. Perhaps he's not running rich black.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

A little over 300, includedes shipping

#32 6 years ago

Just placed an order... he said he thought it would be 9-12 weeks. I’ll report back when it comes!

#33 6 years ago

I have an order in for a meteor glass. It should be here soon. Looking forward to it.

#34 6 years ago

Steve is a great guy and a life saver when you need a Backglass. He,s an extremely busy guy and definitely worth the wait. Im shipping him a Glass this week, I've tried other resources before I found him and the stuff was Garbage or (Sh&#)

If it was easy everyone would be doing it !!!

#35 6 years ago

Agreed its take time, to recreate a glass art to print ready state, but here a few of our personal results:
    2x Zaccaria repro, glass to glass
    (Laser C. needed a color change on the green and a missing part of the "mask" added to the back) glass to glass
    f-14 translite to glass as we call TRANSGLASS
    black knight glass to glass no chrome. with hydrochrome can be done, but with the cost of the extra layer and laber of the job almost double the glass price
    i think we get similar result as bgr.

SAM_2880 (resized).JPGSAM_2880 (resized).JPG

SAM_3445 (resized).JPGSAM_3445 (resized).JPG

SAM_3179 (resized).JPGSAM_3179 (resized).JPG

SAM_3178 (resized).JPGSAM_3178 (resized).JPG

SAM_3448 (resized).JPGSAM_3448 (resized).JPG

SAM_3447 (resized).JPGSAM_3447 (resized).JPG

SAM_3446 (resized).JPGSAM_3446 (resized).JPG

SAM_3451 (resized).JPGSAM_3451 (resized).JPG

SAM_3442 (resized).JPGSAM_3442 (resized).JPG

#36 6 years ago

ps. the pictured black k. is a smaller version for decoration porpoise.

#37 6 years ago

Here's the last glass that I had done (picked up yesterday). It is available.
    There's an error in this one repro. The color in the word "SHOTS" in the
    center of the glass wasn't added. It's been corrected..

IMG_1115 (resized).JPGIMG_1115 (resized).JPG

IMG_1114 (resized).JPGIMG_1114 (resized).JPG

IMG_1159 (resized).JPGIMG_1159 (resized).JPG

IMG_1158 (resized).JPGIMG_1158 (resized).JPG

#38 6 years ago

Nice work! Just do a recheck on the sky lines color on the original looks very light blue on the repro looks white.
    Other aspects are spot on. Yes repro glasses a bit more transculent due the printing, but with 3 layer are acceptable. In our case they come on handy, when a parts machine decided to be saved for selling.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from zuhi:

Just do a recheck on the sky lines color on the original looks very light blue on the repro looks white.

Yes, you're right. Although it looks all white in the pic, there is a tint of blue, but I
    will see about darkening that up a bit, and the same with the palm like looking tree
    behind the word Chicago..
    I'm happy the way it is, but yes, the closer to exact, the better..
    Here's a couple others I had done. Just like to get it out there in case
    anyone could use one because they are on file..

IMG_0508 (resized).JPGIMG_0508 (resized).JPG

IMG_0787 (resized).JPGIMG_0787 (resized).JPG

IMG_0290 (resized).JPGIMG_0290 (resized).JPG

IMG_0392 (resized).JPGIMG_0392 (resized).JPG

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

When you guys say you received a glass... are we talking repaired backglass or reproduction of something he has on file?

Mine was a repair. It was about a 14 week turnaround.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I was quoted $250 for an Eight Ball glass. And I think that included shipping since he already has Eight Ball on file and doesn't have to recreate it.

-Steve

#42 6 years ago

I bought a new prototype Grand Lizard backglass a few months ago. Looks great and artwork is much better than the original. Took several months for delivery.

#43 6 years ago

Just received my meteor glass from bgresto. It looks fantastic. Well worth the wait.

#44 6 years ago

I've emailed several times and never got a response, and it makes it hard to call them when you don't live in the U.S

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

I bought a new prototype Grand Lizard backglass a few months ago. Looks great and artwork is much better than the original. Took several months for delivery.

I've seen that one...awesome.

3 months later
    #46 5 years ago

Hi,

I got an order in progress. Last news go back to one month. My BG should be ready next week of his last email.
    I have no Response from them. And now I can’t send them any email, they go back to me with a sending error:

<[email protected]>: host smtp.mailchannels.net[35.165.140.89] said: 550 5.7.1
    [BFD] Sender prohibited by SPF (in reply to end of DATA command)

This is the same with the other mail I have: [email protected]

Do anyone get some information about bgresto, how to contact them, if anything’s going wrong?
    Thanks

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
    I got an order in progress. Last news go back to one month. My BG should be ready next week of his last email.
    I have no Response from them. And now I can’t send them any email, they go back to me with a sending error:
    &lt;[email protected]&gt;: host smtp.mailchannels.net[35.165.140.89] said: 550 5.7.1
    Do anyone get some information about bgresto, how to contact them, if anything’s going wrong?
    Thanks

Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP). I had similar problems with one of my Australian contacts emails getting blocked. I called my ISP who told me they thought he was spam and dangerous and the ISP unblocked him. Then they blocked him again. I finally has to drag my ISP through the phone line and tell them to get this shit fixed. After I spanked their butt they got the problem fixed.

#48 5 years ago

Hi,
    &lt;[email protected]&gt;: host smtp.mailchannels.net[35.165.140.89] said: 550 5.7.1
    Thanks

Call them. His number is in this thread I believe.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call them. His number is in this thread I believe.

I speak English as well as cow

#50 5 years ago

I speak English as well as cow

His telephone number is in one of the 6 or so threads that talk about his business. It’s the best way to get a hold of him. Hopefully that’s not too expensive for you to try.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-bgresto-still-in-business?hl=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.