Capturegomez (resized).JPG
newman1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20160822-190002 (resized).png
Screenshot_20160822-185536 (resized).png
batman66_(resized).JPG
bactakedown_(resized).jpg
batman-and-the-joker-batman-arkham-city-30965436-1440-900_(resized).jpg
Riddler-1920-1200-Batman-Arkham-City-Wallpaper_(resized).jpg
GalleryComics_1920x1080_20150527_BM_66_Cv23_55495d95e6bac4.19085013_(resized).jpg
herbie_-_fully_loaded_(resized).jpg
20160814_173904_(resized).jpg
Batman-66-42-COVER-580x891_(resized).jpg
Batman-66-Lost-Episode_(resized).jpg
Martin-Ansin-Batman-66_(resized).jpg
batman-slap-header_(resized).jpg
franchibatman_(resized).png

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

Not sure you just get Adam West to come and do a VIP guest spot at your event. Maybe we'll also see a Mindy the Monkey pin!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3 7 years ago

You know it should happen with a comic reskin. BUT I am not so sure SMVE is flying off the shelves. This could be because of a slightly higher than expected price and GB coming out shortly after. Ghosting issues are not helping the cause. Also bigger LCD screens will be out by then starting with Aerosmith, so I have no idea how that will affect VE's and their pricing. Want to buy a $7200 Batman VE? Uh.....no?

Stern will also announce Batman VE and then announce Star Wars a month later and wonder why no one wants a $7200 Batman. That would help its sales. 4 pins a year! Yeah!

#4 7 years ago

Just do a Batman 66 like the guy here is building. I'm an idiot. I'd buy one.

#5 7 years ago

Truth be told I would be tempted by an Adam West Batman pin. Painted mustache Joker was the best Joker.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Just do a Batman 66 like the guy here is building. I'm an idiot. I'd buy one.

You are not and idiot. You are a genius!

#7 7 years ago

Epic!

Nice work Jared.

rd

#8 7 years ago

So if a '66 Batman machine is in the works do you think Stern will unveil it at this event?

#9 7 years ago

There is a 66 Batman pin coming. It may or may not be based totally on the batman dark knight game. this is info I got about a month ago.

#10 7 years ago

How about a '75 Jaws....

batman-jaws_(resized).jpgbatman-jaws_(resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

So if a '66 Batman machine is in the works do you think Stern will unveil it at this event?

Yes, Batman VE, AFMR, Iron Maiden, and JJP 3 (for some weird reason) will all be announced at this event!

#12 7 years ago

Batman and Maiden? Man I'm gonna be broke.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

There is a 66 Batman pin coming. It may or may not be based totally on the batman dark knight game. this is info I got about a month ago.

It could also be another retheme of Whoa Nellie...

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

It could also be another retheme of Whoa Nellie...

Yeah I could see something like that happening.

Too bad.

This site seems to generate another theme thread every other day but Batman 66 (especially in consideration of how I assume the reception of Ghostbusters has gone) is a no brainer. If the game was done with the proper tech, IOW a full color display, and the assorted sound bites and graphics like how the various slot machines on the subject have been done, sales IMO would be great. With all respect, Adam West isn't getting any younger. He's still one of those guys that when he appears, has a strong wit and the public seems to love the guy. Gotta do this before it's too late. There is obviously a bit of greed in the entertainment industry and licensing of items attached to a story or character can be frustrating and unfortunately expensive.

Bottom line, I'm older, couldn't care less about any band or dark sci fi themes in a game. They just aren't fun and never will be to me. Give me boobs or biffs & pows and I'm in.

#15 7 years ago

Is this gonna be Stern's new way of announcing upcoming titles? I always thought they never wanted anyone to know until Stern made a press release.

#16 7 years ago

If they do a VE I hope they have upgraded their decals from the 80s dot matrix printer they used on the first run.

#17 7 years ago

It could be a Family Guy VE. The flyer designer just search for Adam West, and that was the first image that popped up on Google Images.

I wish they'd update the Dark Knight machine with a similar artwork feel to the '89 DE Batman pin, with original soundtrack sounds and music.

#18 7 years ago

The Batman '66 retheme of TDK has been a rumor for months, it seems pretty unlikely that for their big party they would just randomly have stuff from it there. Only question in my mind is crappy red DMD, or color LCD like Aerosmith? It's a title that begs for color. I'm so ready for DMDs to die already.

I dunno that anyone was really begging for a remake of TDK though, so curious to see how much they change.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

color LCD like Aerosmith?

Is Aerosmith more or less confirmed to be coming?

#20 7 years ago

I don't know, but how about that sword swallower?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Batman '66 retheme of TDK has been a rumor for months, it seems pretty unlikely that for their big party they would just randomly have stuff from it there. Only question in my mind is crappy red DMD, or color LCD like Aerosmith? It's a title that begs for color. I'm so ready for DMDs to die already.
I dunno that anyone was really begging for a remake of TDK though, so curious to see how much they change.

TDK?

Messages_Image(3184295287)_(resized).pngMessages_Image(3184295287)_(resized).png

#22 7 years ago

Adam West tends to do a fair amount of touring, especially in the comicon circuits. Anybody know if he's a pinball fan like Ed Robertson, for example?

#23 7 years ago

Ticket purchased! who's having drinks with me and every one at stern?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Adam West tends to do a fair amount of touring, especially in the comicon circuits. Anybody know if he's a pinball fan like Ed Robertson, for example?

Not sure. But his resume is pretty varied in the rolls he played.

nrZXMBSJh4MaKn7gL1982ofYI2I_(resized).jpgnrZXMBSJh4MaKn7gL1982ofYI2I_(resized).jpg

happy-hooker-goes-hollywood_(resized).jpghappy-hooker-goes-hollywood_(resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure. But his resume is pretty varied in the rolls he played.

He was in a Lady Chatterley movie too. I remember watching it when I was around 13. Was to difficult to get into the mood with Batman in it! LOL!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

He was in a Lady Chatterley movie too. I remember watching it when I was around 13. Was to difficult to get into the mood with Batman in it! LOL!

Oh yeah. I remember that one too. That was the one where he removed the bat belt.. and everything else. The 70s were like that though where even major stars took on less than major rolls. Good times indeed.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

who's having drinks with me and every one at stern?

Not at Stern, it's at Viper Alley.

LTG : )

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

it seems pretty unlikely that for their big party they would just randomly have stuff from it there.

With Jared running it, I'm sure there will be lots of news and fun.

#29 7 years ago

I kind of hate to admit it, but I'd probably buy a Batman '66 Stern NIB.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

With Jared running it, I'm sure there will be lots of news and fun.

You think he'll be running around dressed like the Boy Wonder?

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is Aerosmith more or less confirmed to be coming?

I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but if you were to ask me based on what I've heard from sources I trust I'd call it a done deal, color LCD and all. Maybe they're delaying announcing it though, who wants to get in on a NIB Stern right now with the horrible playfield issues? Would kill the initial buzz of a new game, I'd wait if I was Stern until that was resolved and people were feeling more chill.

I could see Batman '66 going color too, but it really wouldn't shock me if Stern stuck with a DMD either.

From a competitor standpoint I'm good with Batman or Aerosmith going up against Alien, different markets. If they announce Star Wars at Expo that would be harder.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

who wants to get in on a NIB Stern right now with the horrible playfield issues? Would kill the initial buzz of a new game

Wouldn't Aerosmith be a buzzkill anyway? I mean really. Who's in charge of picking these outdated grandpa rockers for pinball machines anyway?

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not at Stern, it's at Viper Alley.

Every one "AT" stern

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wouldn't Aerosmith be a buzzkill anyway? I mean really. Who's in charge of picking these outdated grandpa rockers for pinball machines anyway?

I mean, I think it's an awful theme, but everyone's taste in music and culture is different. Color LCD, hand drawn art, Lyman on code, it will sell.

#35 7 years ago

So if Stern is doing a '66 Batman VE, here's a few scenarios:
1. it will be a rethemed Whoa Nellie, price tag $6400-ish, people will complain that it's too much, ...
2. in case it will be a rethemed Batman The Dark Knight, price tag is likely to be in the SMVE / Premium range. People will complain that it's too much, ...
3. In the highly unlikely event they dust of any of their other Batman playfield designs, or any other suitable playfield design, pricing is still likely to be at a Premium level. Guess what happens?

On a different note: I figured that similar to SMVE, a Batman 66 VE would also have comicbook art. Apparently not?

#36 7 years ago

At least announcing a new VE would fix their production problems...

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, I think it's an awful theme, but everyone's taste in music and culture is different.

In 1975 it would have been an awesome theme.

If Stern keeps picking music themes from the same era his dad did (Ted Nugent) then perhaps he should turn in his cool badge right now. Oh yeah.. maybe he doesn't have one.

Edit- And I'm not saying doing Alien now is any cooler. They are all outdated pop culture relics in my book. Just like the old machines I own. Relics. But as you say everyone's taste is different.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but if you were to ask me based on what I've heard from sources I trust I'd call it a done deal, color LCD and all. Maybe they're delaying announcing it though, who wants to get in on a NIB Stern right now with the horrible playfield issues? Would kill the initial buzz of a new game

The very fact that it's Aerosmith pretty much kills any "initial buzz" right from the get go. They are probably trying to put the color LCD in this pin to make up for what would otherwise be pretty low sales and lack of excitement.

Edit: Odin beat me.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Edit: Odin beat me.

Sorry about that. I owe you a cheeseburger.

#40 7 years ago

What better way to introduce color LCD from Stern. Batman '66 of course. Such a color trip with that show. Think of all the pop bumper/sling action in the game. Hope this comes true. ab719f4f2aa91f5d59e5d57f55ada96b_(resized).jpgab719f4f2aa91f5d59e5d57f55ada96b_(resized).jpg1bfcdd9e7c5d971364bd7fc0e843b253_(resized).jpg1bfcdd9e7c5d971364bd7fc0e843b253_(resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

What better way to introduce color LCD from Stern. Batman '66 of course. Such a color trip with that show.

Batman '66 is a comic book. The TV series from the 60s was live action. So which will it be?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Batman '66 is a comic book. The TV series from the 60s was live action. So which will it be?

Both?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The TV show started in 1966:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059968/

#44 7 years ago

I think this would be a great VE choice.....either version, be very tempted to grab one....

#45 7 years ago

I love the old Batman and have watched every episode, but I have to be honest, I have no desire to see this as a VE. If it is made, I will be happy to be proven wrong.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The TV show started in 1966:

I know, I watched it. It was also on in 1967 and 1968.

But it was not, and is not called Batman '66. That is a more recent comic book.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know, I watched it. But it was not, and is not called Batman '66. That is a more recent comic book.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/batman-%E2%80%9866-2013/batman-%E2%80%9866-1

It looks like the comics feature hand drawn art based from the TV show. That would be a perfect style for the pinball machine along with an LCD having TV show footage.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know, I watched it. It was also on in 1967 and 1968.
But it was not, and is not called Batman '66. That is a more recent comic book.

I remember watching it in prime time ....1st show I distinctly remember saying " in color" before each episode....loved it

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I remember watching it in prime time ....1st show I distinctly remember saying " in color" before each episode....loved it

Indeed. My old man splurged and bought the first Zenith color TV on the block. He wasn't wealthy, but he wanted that color set.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Indeed. My old man splurged and bought the first Zenith color TV on the block. He wasn't wealthy, but he wanted that color set.

Ditto.......Batman in color, primetime, free tv, those really were simpler, but great days....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-batman-the-next-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.