• 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pbpins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ju.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Not surprised to hear you say this. I remember seeing your Banzai Run at Expo and it looked like someone had pulled it brand new off the assembly line and brought it straight to the show. Absolutely beautiful example and rare as well with the XR7 playfield. Will you ever bring it again?

Thanks for the compliments, Brian! It won best in show at Expobrawl in 2012 along with Larry's Starship Troopers. I'm not sure if my Banzai will ever make it back to Expo. That game is an absolute BEAST to transport. Even folded up it's top heavy and hard to haul around. We'll see. Maybe in a few years it might have to make the trip back to Chicago, but not as of right now...

#52 10 years ago

I just turned down 2 offers for mine that were north of $7000. Had to really think about it at that price but decided it's wasn't about the money for this game. I spent an enormous amount of time restoring both playfields and getting it perfect and don't want to do it again. It is truly a one of a kind design that has never been repeated in another game.

#53 10 years ago

Post edited by moderator: duplicate

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

banzai is great fun, but if I were to scale the fun value to a price it would be around $2500. what they sell for
is stupid money.

Ok no one likes this guy! ... He has played a lot of Banzai run and he is sour about it. "Go for the hill" TPK!

Um .... Yea $8K is fair for one not in good shape.. and like $10 in really nice shape.. this is pinball folks... go big

****on a side note is anyone looking to purchase a Banzai Run pinball machine? Free Delivery in Washington? PM me for the details!

#55 10 years ago

Where is Scott AKA "Detroit Pinball" on this topic?

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Thanks for the compliments, Brian! It won best in show at Expobrawl in 2012 along with Larry's Starship Troopers. I'm not sure if my Banzai will ever make it back to Expo. That game is an absolute BEAST to transport. Even folded up it's top heavy and hard to haul around. We'll see. Maybe in a few years it might have to make the trip back to Chicago, but not as of right now...

I have played your Banzai, and it is the best of the best! Its a great game, and one of the most unique games ever made. There will never be another game like it again IMHO. That being said if the value were the same, I would not trade my SST for it. That is one of the many factors that is great about this hobby, we all have different likes.

What was so special about Larry's SST to award him best in show?

The rareness of SST may never be know, due to the production numbers being hidden.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

What was so special about Larry's SST to award him best in show?

It was just a nice clean SST that played extremely well. Keep in mind that the "Best in Show" games are voted on by Expobrawl players. While this may mean it's the nicest looking game, it can also represent a game that plays very, very well. I'm not a SST fan, by any stretch of the imagination, but I did play his game and it played nicely. So that's my guess as to why he co-won the award along with my Banzai.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I'm not a SST fan, by any stretch of the imagination....

Why do you hate fun?

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Why do you hate fun?

LOL!

Have you been to schude5's tamoore? I think he might be the ambassador of fun.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Why do you hate fun?

Eh. I appreciate the game, but I don't find it fun. I always dreaded getting forced to have to play SST in league...

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Eh. I appreciate the game, but I don't find it fun. I always dreaded getting forced to have to play SST in league...

I was kidding. That was kind of a running joke on another forum I frequented whenever two people disagreed about what was 'good'.

#62 10 years ago

Saw my first one in person a couple days ago, cool looking machine for sure

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I was kidding. That was kind of a running joke on another forum I frequented whenever two people disagreed about what was 'good'.

Hehe. I knew you were kidding. I kind of figured anyone that didn't think Banzai Run is the best game EVAR hated fun as well!

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I have no idea what the value of a Banzai Run is but this seems way high. Am I out of touch with the value of this machine?
orangecounty.craigslist.org link

No. 8K better be NIB. Otherwise way too high.

#65 10 years ago

Sold mine for $4600 back in Dec.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-banzai-run-an-8k-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.