Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by borna
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Saw this @ Mr. Pinball Classifieds:

Wizard, 1975 Bally: $6450
    A highly popular and successful pinball machine, it ran for over 10,000 units. Based on The Who's rock opera Tommy it features some great game play. Most notably it has "flip flags" on the playfield which flip over left to right when hit. This is regarded as the first licenced pinball, with The Who receiving royalties for its sale. This set a trend thereafter with many music icons being featured on pinballs the backglass shows Ann Margret and Roger Daltrey who were in the movie. Stunning cabinet. Without blemish - bright and vibrant colours. Lovely playfield: new playfield glass beautiful backglass newly rubbered. Perfect working order as a piece of furniture and Rock N Roll and Who memorabilia, it takes some beating. Even inside it is excellent. None of the wires have been chopped about - they are all as when the pinball machine left the factory. There are even the paper labels that were tied to some of the wiring loom. You may cherish this pinball for the rest of your life - but as an investment you will never lose money on it either. These will only ever go up in price.

#2 3 years ago

No

#3 3 years ago

Nope

#4 3 years ago

Noooooooo.
    In pristine collector's quality condition that's a $1700 to $2000 game.

#6 3 years ago

That reads like a total scam.

#7 3 years ago

But doesn’t the fact that it still even has “the paper labels that were tied to some of the wiring loom” make it worth at least that much?

#8 3 years ago

Is Roger Daltrey going to come set it up and cook dinner too?

#9 3 years ago

You've been on this site 8 years and you cant tell that it is overpriced?

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Noooooooo.
    In pristine collector's quality condition that's a $1700 to $2000 game.

Don’t think so. Restored examples with Wade Krause playfields should fetch much more.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Don’t think so. Restored examples with Wade Krause playfields should fetch much more.

Agreed.

I'm working on one with a new cabinet, NOS Bill Davis cleared playfield and NOS plastic set. If I ever sold it, I'd ask much more than $2k.

But not $6450!

#13 3 years ago

Own two with Wade Krause playfields. Value is priceless to me.

#14 3 years ago

I don't think an NIB one would fetch that much unless the buyer was clueless .

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

I don't think an NIB one would fetch that much unless the buyer was clueless .

I’m the crazy person who would. Doubt they exist.

#16 3 years ago

an asking price like that, makes this POS, look like a bargain!
    atlanta.craigslist.org link

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

You've been on this site 8 years and you cant tell that it is overpriced?

I cant stop laughing about this

#18 3 years ago

I would say no, but that ultimately is up to the buyer. I always ask myself what else I could get for the same price. 6450 buys a LOT of better pins. Of course, if it is a CQ pin and there us a rich person out there that just has to have a perfect one...maybe it is worth it to them.

Remember, only one person has to think it is fair for it to sell.

#19 3 years ago

Your making a hell of a leap say this one is the perfect one anyway!

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I would say no, but that ultimately is up to the buyer. I always ask myself what else I could get for the same price. 6450 buys a LOT of better pins. Of course, if it is a CQ pin and there us a rich person out there that just has to have a perfect one...maybe it is worth it to them.
    Remember, only one person has to think it is fair for it to sell.

Nice taste for pinball machines. Dodge City is another machine I consider priceless. A bitch to find.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Nice taste for pinball machines. Dodge City is another machine I consider priceless. A bitch to find.

They are super hard to find...but it is interesting you said that, it just so happens that i am about to sell one.
    You can PM me if you are interested.

1 year later
    #22 2 years ago

well lets put it this way. as some one said "In pristine collector's quality condition that's a $1700 to $2000 game."
    yes, that is how much it worth, but at the same time it is impossible to get one in that range. It is almost very hard to get one in working condition for less than $1000.
    I know a person that paid $8k for Surf champ that was in pristine condition. He wanted one, since he had a great childhood memory with that machine and he was wealthy enough to pay top $ for it, just because he wanted to have one.
    so yes, the value of those machines are between $500 - $2000, but don't be surprised if someone pays $6K for them.
    Does it worth to pay $10K for international first class flight or pay $5k a night for a hotel room. Not to an average person, but some will. this is exactly a samething, and is all about what it's worth to you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-bally-wizard-really-worth-6450?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.