53444910 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2017-01-16-00-03-48 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-01-16-00-03-36 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-01-16-00-04-05 (resized).png
IMG_1615 (resized).JPG
IMG_1614 (resized).JPG
Playfield (2) (resized).jpg
772f1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leakyfaucet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Worth buying?
Fun to play?

#6 7 years ago

Ok, it looked slow as I watched videos but I tend to like slow games. I'm trying to build my collection. I do love the cab artwork. As a machine I think it's pretty and I also have a piece of literature I wrote called "El Toro" so that might be why I'm so drawn to it....

#26 7 years ago

Thanks everybody for "chiming" in.... I'm going to go see it in person and play it before I decide.

#54 7 years ago

So, some strong feelings about this game.... Funny thing is, the guy isn't around for me to go see it. Why? He's in Mexico. Doing what? I can only assume he is watching a matador wrangle "el Toro". I will update with my thoughts as soon I have seen and played. I hope I love it so it contradicts so many opinions!

#60 7 years ago

So, I took the plunge and bought the game. I've had a rough weekend with game buying... I missed out on a dedicated Popeye game, a MK1 cab, and another game I was going to turn into a multicade so with great reservation and written proof that I could return the game for a full refund if I was not satisfied after bringing it home, I bought it. My wife thought the theme was, and I quote, "meh...." but told me to get it if I wanted, so I did. (I'm sure she's saving every pinball purchase for something, somewhere, someday) Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow. I may be crazy, who knows?

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Oh wow that's practically next door for you. Did you buy it from eBay?

Yes I bought it from eBay, the seller was <20 miles away.
I kind of feel like I'm creating the island of misfit games.

Quoted from monsonb:

Good for you! You're gonna have a good time playing it.

I hope so!

Quoted from NicoVolta:

since this is the official El Toro thread, we wanna see pics

The only pics I have so far are the typical blurry CL pics. Hold on.... real pics will follow once I put new rubbers and clean and wax it!

#64 7 years ago

Screenshot_2017-01-16-00-04-05 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-01-16-00-04-05 (resized).png

Screenshot_2017-01-16-00-03-36 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-01-16-00-03-36 (resized).png

#65 7 years ago

Screenshot_2017-01-16-00-03-48 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-01-16-00-03-48 (resized).png

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Has great cabinet paint at least. Bright white, but are you sure it's repainted? ^

I can't say as to whether or not it has been repainted, the owner has had it over 20 years and a few years ago "restored" it. That could be open to interpretation, much like shopping out a game could have meant just put new rubbers and using a wet wipe for dust.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Anyway looks in nice shape.

That's what I thought. Hopefully the other side is as nice!

Quoted from o-din:

When I played El Toro I remember it had that one more game appeal.

This is encouraging!

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

So leakyfaucet when we meet up some time you owe me a beer or two for my finder's fee. Glad it turned out for you

For sure, corona or XX to stick to the theme! Unless it sucks, then you owe me a beer, and it would need to be a Stout or IPA!

#76 7 years ago

Corona or Modelo would be great I may just have to ride over some day and get some EM action in your not that far from me

Is Leesville near Alexandra or pineville?

#80 7 years ago

East of Burkville / Jasper

Oh ok! I used to drive through there. I lived in a little town called spurger and my mom lived in Alexandria and I'd head through Jasper and Leesville. I knew it sounded familiar.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I can fully understand having a fond connection to any game in a nostalgic "back in the day" context. But in a wider context so many years later, among classic pinball collectors, we judge games in a whole new light. There are those games that are ordinary and generally not desirable as collectible games. While Bally "El Toro" or any other game for that matter, may hold a cherished position in someone's memory, it is widely recognized today as a very ordinary "common" game; certainly not a "classic", and certainly not collectible. "Ro Go" and many other titles fall into this category as well. To each his own, and I generally love all things pinball, but there are many titles I wouldn't want; even for free.

I understand this completely, but having just gotten into pinball and looking to expand my collection, knowledge, and skills I look to find cheap titles that are less than desirable and use them to learn on. If I mess something up? Oh well. If I ruin a playfield? At least it's not a desirable title for people to rant and rave over. It's nothing you want.. but I do. I'm happy with my island of misfit games. Makes me happy, lights my kids eyes up and we all have fun. Basically everything pinball is about is still completely achievable on all these "common" and certainly not collectable games.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But for somebody not as deep in the hobby as you or I am now, it might be a perfect fit.

Exactly!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leakyfaucet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-bally-el-toro?tu=leakyfaucet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.