• Latest reply 6 years ago by Russell
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

983AF4C2-5691-4C53-BF61-F1858AEB5FFC (resized).jpeg
Julie_Newmar_Catwoman_Batman_1966 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I really like the gameplay, it plays better and better at each update. Fast game, challenging, great videos, decent artwork, Lyman on board.
My only complain is the layout that looks weak ( all the more if I compare with my MM, DI, Met or TWD). And so I get some doubts about the lastability and if it would keep my interest.

First, as many have said, it's really up to you. But it sounds like it's a keeper for you based on your first sentance. What difference does it make how the layout looks if you like how it plays?

There are two common issues with the layout - the orbit shots are tight and the left ramp is not. The left orbit shot can be improved by moving the cable and moving the blue pad from the outside of the ramp entrance. The ramp itself will be fixed with an aftermarket replacement. Some don't like that most shots are long because the playfield is so open because of the crane. That doesn't bother me at all.

If you really aren't into the theme, it may not have enough to keep your interest. But if you like and understand the theme it's clear that the game is unique because of how the gameplay is structured like an episode of the series. The Batman episodic formula has been translated to a pinball ruleset masterfully by Lyman. And as I've said in a number of other threads, Batman 66 will probably have the best overall theme integration ever for an LCD game (including future titles) from ANY manufacturer because Stern has the ability to use any footage from the series and has custom callouts from the two main actors in the show. Compare that to issues raised about use of IP in Star Wars, GOTG and JJPOTC.

I like Batman for the reasons you do. And I love the theme. I love what Lyman has done so far. Any layout issues are minor compared to the total package. I made the decision early on that I was only going to buy the game if I was reasonably sure it was going to be a long term keeper. Nothing I've seen so far gives me any reason to believe I'm going to change that opinion.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Villain Escape is unimaginative at this point from a scoring stand point, though it has been programmed into the game for a while as a goal for arresting the main four villains, without any changes that I've noticed. If Lyman is true to form, there will possibly be similar goal/modes at the end of battling the minor villains or completing their various seasons, or who knows what else. I suspect it'll improve significantly before all is said and done and with any luck, it'll roll down TWD path of having numerous mini wizard modes.

And there looks to be a planned super wizard mode (Batusi) - maybe if you defeat all major and minor villians?

#75 6 years ago

We've gotten rid of a lot of "stuff" and will continue to do so. It's been liberating to declutter our lives. For the most part, if it hasn't been used in a year or if it's been sitting in the garage unused, it goes with a few very special exceptions.

But the jukebox goes with the house as it will be almost impossible to move and the remaining pins get sold after they cart me out of the house in a box. My wife says she is fine with that as long as she goes first ...

Fortunately, my daughter grew up with pinball and likes it. Unfortunately, she only has room for one or two games. I doubt Batman will go before me but I'm pretty sure it won't make her top two. EBD, MM or CFTBL will vie for the two spots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-b66-a-keeper?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.