• Latest reply 6 years ago by Russell
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

983AF4C2-5691-4C53-BF61-F1858AEB5FFC (resized).jpeg
Julie_Newmar_Catwoman_Batman_1966 (resized).jpg
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Youve answwred your own question early on.....not a fan of the game so definitely not a keeper for you.....no biggie . Ive played MET and AC/DC ALOT in hopes of getting past the theme....neither are keepers or even candidates for ownership on my end. Good to have choices.....

Of course i prefer to be a fan of the theme.
but please believe me..when i rate a pinball machine, the level of importance for me of the theme is set up to 1!
i

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like the same games now that I did when I was a crappy player, so I don't think that has much to do with it!
I like games with good, intuitive rulesets that seep in quickly just by playing the game (I've never been an instruction card guy) where all the rules play off each other. Fun shots, smooth flow games like AFM or most of the Ritchie stuff, or stop n go stuff with good rules and great layouts like Pat Lawlors best stuff.
I can't put my finger on why I don't love Batman 66...it just feels unrefined to me in the software and layout department - I'm sure we'll get more software and I'm definetly an "In Lyman We Trust" guy. I know it's no masterpiece but I honestly enjoy my Transformers LE better at this point. I always play a game of Transformers when I'm in the shop and lately I'm passing on Batman at our local location in favor of Dialed In (best game made in years) and Star Trek and Metallica.

Thanks for the input...very interesting to me how people prefer certain games over others....No rhyme or reason why certain games appeal to me more than others...love my TZ, yet IM/TRON will blow me away for a different reason. Then I transform and actually enjoy my WCS fix (weird, but true).

BM66 "scratches a certain itch" then AFM blows me away....can't touch music pins even though MET and AC/DC top everyone's list.

I play quite a bit, but will never be a wizard, for sure...the beauty of pinball....a blast regardless.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Of course i prefer to be a fan of the theme.
but please believe me..when i rate a pinball machine, the level of importance for me of the theme is set up to 1!
i

Interesting....I have to like the theme or a no go for me......guess that's why I'm anti music pins, and yep, I'm the oddball that has played Dialed In and won't ever consider it for my lineup....doesn't really matter, I suppose...grateful for so many amazing games out there....

#54 6 years ago

Haven't played this in a couple weeks. New code is interesting, love all the new modes haven't had a chance to play them all but the quick multiball is good. Thanks Lyman keep it comin'! Do you have to "finish" these modes or just make it through them?

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Haven't played this in a couple weeks. New code is interesting, love all the new modes haven't had a chance to play them all but the quick multiball is good. Thanks Lyman keep it comin'! Do you have to "finish" these modes or just make it through them?

What is the quick multiball? Is that one of the minor villain modes? I think I read that Shame is a multi...is that what you are referring to?

I would love to see a few more multiball modes in the game...too bad each of the major villains do not have a multiball associated with them (the third "cliffhanger" continue of each might have been a good place).

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In truth, played the hell out of it last night...got through villian escape and a couple of MB's, but didn't hit all the mini villians (King Tutt on Season 3 now) all the new calllouts and clips really make the game fun to play several different ways.

As stated prior, I'm average at best...have gotten around 1.5 tops, so never made Batusi. I think you just have to get to all the mini's, not necessarily beat them.

Gonna hit it again tonight, and see how far I get. It's really coming into it's own as a great playing game, in addition to the theme, imho....

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

What is the quick multiball? Is that one of the minor villain modes? I think I read that Shame is a multi...is that what you are referring to?
I would love to see a few more multiball modes in the game...too bad each of the major villains do not have a multiball associated with them (the third "cliffhanger" continue of each might have been a good place).

Shame is an instant 2 ball mini multiball w no saves...a nice change of pace. I actually like the mini's as much (if not better) than the mains at the moment..

#58 6 years ago

It was a keeper... until I sold it.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How do you light the mini modes?

The minor villians are lit by completing the 3 targets on the lower right.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The minor villians are lit by completing the 3 targets on the lower right.

Ahh same targets that light mystery. I think.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

light all the TV targets on the right, then hit the final one on left orbit, landing in the trough up there....then you can scroll w flipper buttons, choose w lockdown. Really, really fun to get a couple going, the get bat turn. I then toggle the "channels" w lockdown, and try to play through the modes, all on timers...

make sure to scroll all the way through (alot still dark) but they have season 3 w Tutt running...pretty cool.

If you beat one, it lights the related season TV right in front of the flippers. Suspect getting all 3 seasons makes something cool happen.....lmk how far you get through them...

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

light all the TV targets on the right, then hit the final one on left orbit, landing in the trough up there....then you can scroll w flipper buttons, choose w lockdown. Really, really fun to get a couple going, the get bat turn. I then toggle the "channels" w lockdown, and try to play through the modes, all on timers...
make sure to scroll all the way through (alot still dark) but they have season 3 w Tutt running...pretty cool.
If you beat one, it lights the related season TV right in front of the flippers. Suspect getting all 3 seasons makes something cool happen.....lmk how far you get through them...

So you can stack them.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ahh same targets that light mystery. I think.

No, mystery is lit with return/out lanes completed. Collect Mystery and Minor villains start is the same shot once lit though - left loop to top saucer.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you can stack them.

You can stack all the minor villains together with multiball and a main villain. The modes you have stacked are represented/shown on the smaller TV's on the screen. You can cycle through which of the stacked modes is "active" by holding the gadget button for slightly longer. This "channel surfing'/selecting "active" mode is unique in that the modes all remain active, but the channel you select will change the music, main LCD and lit shots so you can see what you are doing for any of the stacked modes.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you can stack them.

Yep, but the clock is ticking...you really have to pay attention to the timers and make sure you've got the right mode on the playfield to complete then move on. Think I had 2, w bat turn on the small screens, w a major running last night, then went down the tubes.....it's like a 3 step process....gotta change the channels, finish modes, and keep up w it, while memory lane hits (for me)...

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can stack all the minor villains together with multiball and a main villain. The modes you have stacked are represented/shown on the smaller TV's on the screen. You can cycle through which of the stacked modes is "active" by holding the gadget button for slightly longer. This "channel surfing'/selecting "active" mode is unique in that the modes all remain active, but the channel you select will change the music, main LCD and lit shots so you can see what you are doing for any of the stacked modes.

Really, really digging the game now...definitely a shot maker format, so no danger of me ever really beating it....

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was a keeper... until I sold it.

I think you had said a friend up the street had one, so a logical move at the time (along w non existent code)...you must get it back!!!!

#69 6 years ago

B66 a keeper? absolutly !!!!

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

.you must get it back!!!!

It's all good. The one I had is now out on location making the big money. As it was meant to do.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's all good. The one I had is now out on location making the big money. As it was meant to do.

A wise and unselfish man you are for letting it go.....I'm not quite there (still hoard my toys)....

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm not quite there (still hoard my toys)....

It took one of my parents passing away I think.

After that I went thru a massive getting rid of his stuff, his mom's stuff, and at the same time a lot of my stuff.

Too much stuff can weigh you down.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It took one of my parents passing away I think.
After that I went thru a massive getting rid of his stuff, his mom's stuff, and at the same time a lot of my stuff.
Too much stuff can weigh you down.

Man, sorry to hear that, but maybe the catalyst, as you reference, to another chapter. I'm facing an incredibly horrific event soon in personal life...never talk about it on pinside, and not much at all, and wonder how I land after that.

My "stuff" keeps me sane and mind busy a good share of the time. When that dynamic changes.... I always said when one go, they all go....I'll be done with it. Never have placed much emphasis on things or $$$...over rated imho....

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, sorry to hear thatbut maybe the catalyst, as you reference, to another chapter.

It's all good. It was 15 years ago now. So I ended up with an empty house and an empty garage. And then what to do with the space. I think you know how that turned out.

#75 6 years ago

We've gotten rid of a lot of "stuff" and will continue to do so. It's been liberating to declutter our lives. For the most part, if it hasn't been used in a year or if it's been sitting in the garage unused, it goes with a few very special exceptions.

But the jukebox goes with the house as it will be almost impossible to move and the remaining pins get sold after they cart me out of the house in a box. My wife says she is fine with that as long as she goes first ...

Fortunately, my daughter grew up with pinball and likes it. Unfortunately, she only has room for one or two games. I doubt Batman will go before me but I'm pretty sure it won't make her top two. EBD, MM or CFTBL will vie for the two spots.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For the most part, if it hasn't been used in a year or if it's been sitting in the garage unused, it goes with a few very special exceptions.

One of those exceptions is "I might use it next year".

And jfh, you've got no problem getting rid of stuff. I've still got your River Boat in my garage!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

so a few days ago you told the world that BM66 is not a keeper and that the game is booring.
Now you ask us how to light the minor villain modes? You also don't know how to light the mistery.
Do you know how to complete a season? How to add a ball in multiball? How to start 2x playfield? How to freeze a timer? How to multiplier a shot? How to double your main villain score with a combo? ...

Before you you tell us how booring a game is , make sure that you know how a game works!

#78 6 years ago

I traded my BM66 for a Walking Dead... so no, it's not a keeper for me. Saying so - I am not a collector, more a player. It is highly probable, that I will buy a BM66 later again. Code is really on a very nice way, but it is/was a huge disappointment, that it took so long.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

so a few days ago you told the world that BM66 is not a keeper and that the game is booring.
Now you ask us how to light the minor villain modes? You also don't know how to light the mistery.
Do you know how to complete a season? How to add a ball in multiball? How to start 2x playfield? How to freeze a timer? How to multiplier a shot? How to double your main villain score with a combo? ...
Before you you tell us how booring a game is , make sure that you know how a game works!

I’m not a rules guy. I already stated I like games that are intuitive and Batman isn’t. That’s part of my problem with it.

But the game is certainty getting better! Thanks to all of you kind folks for filling me in on some of the things I missed! This is the kindness and genorosity I’ve come to expect from my fellow pinsiders!

#80 6 years ago

When playing modern games on route it is likely that you will never know every little rule on a game as it's harder to hear the call outs and you don't have time to really explore everything on a game. You certainly can get a feel for the game and if you like the shots and the major bones of the code. So I'm not sure it's really fair to jump all over someone that has played the game a good amount and just finds it OK. By your standards everyone would have to own the game for a few months before they have a right to an opinion on it.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Every single game can and will get old.

I respectfully beg to differ....if you have a big enough collection full of decent games they never seem to get old imho. Ive gone through quite a few games in the last 4-5 years and it's been a wild ride. My current situation finds me with games I have sought out and really like. Ive found that it's getting harder to move games on now because I enjoy my lineup so much. Theres not enough time in the day to get sick of them. If I rotate and pick 2 games each day to put five games each on it'll be 7-8 days before I play that machine again. Because of this it seems I discover new exciting things with my pins on a weekly basis as I slowly master the ruleset of each.......my brain can only absorb so much. lol

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not a rules guy. I already stated I like games that are intuitive and Batman isn’t. That’s part of my problem with it.
But the game is certainty getting better! Thanks to all of you kind folks for filling me in on some of the things I missed! This is the kindness and genorosity I’ve come to expect from my fellow pinsiders!

I only shared these features with the hope you would get to play one again soon, beat the crap out of it, and give some details on some of the cool stuff Lyman put in that I might never see......

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I respectfully beg to differ....if you have a big enough collection full of decent games they never seem to get old imho. Ive gone through quite a few games in the last 4-5 years and it's been a wild ride. My current situation finds me with games I have sought out and really like. Ive found that it's getting harder to move games on now because I enjoy my lineup so much. Theres not enough time in the day to get sick of them. If I rotate and pick 2 games each day to put five games each on it'll be 7-8 days before I play that machine again. Because of this it seems I discover new exciting things with my pins on a weekly basis as I slowly master the ruleset of each.......my brain can only absorb so much. lol

How many guys post that they love their line ups and they are perfect now and they are out of space and not changing it up now, and so on, and so on. I have the same number of games as you, and yes they do not get old as fast, but I always have a game or 2 that I could part with if there's something new I want comes out or pops up available in my area. So your telling me you are done and you are just going to enjoy what you have from hear on out? I no longer own some of my favorite games because after years of owning them I just do not play them anymore.

#84 6 years ago

Hey not bad for a guy who doesn’t know any rules, right?

I made it through all of the minor modes but I guess I ended my game during the final one (bookworm). Does anything happen when you make it through all the existing mini modes or is that still to come?

Pascal, you are the expert, chime in please!

983AF4C2-5691-4C53-BF61-F1858AEB5FFC (resized).jpeg983AF4C2-5691-4C53-BF61-F1858AEB5FFC (resized).jpeg

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I made it through all of the minor modes but I guess I ended my game during the final one (bookworm). Does anything happen when you make it through all the existing mini modes or is that still to come?

If the game is on latest code .87, which was released yesterday, there should be Batusi multiball.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If the game is on latest code .87, which was released yesterday, there should be Batusi multiball.

I somehow doubt it's got the update I'm sure by this weekend though. brooklyn Pinball Al has been busy the last couple of days.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does anything happen when you make it through all the existing mini modes or is that still to come?

Battle minor villains from seasons 1, 2, and 3 to light the season 1, 2, and 3 inserts down by the flippers. Once you light all 3 seasons the "Batman" insert starts flashing. You will also see the bat signal flashing in the upper right on the back panel by Riddler scoop. Shoot the left orbit into the Riddler scoop to start Batusi multiball wizard mode.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

you have to complete one minor villain from each season to get batusi multiball.
You can't play all the minor villain modes because they are not complete yet...

#89 6 years ago

you have to complete one minor villain from each season to get batusi.

Got it thanks!

I dont usually really try to “get” rules on a game until it’s more or less complete but this one is taking forever.

#90 6 years ago

you have to complete one minor villain from each season to get batusi multiball.

There is a least 1 minor villain in each season now so you can get to Batusi with the curremt code.

#91 6 years ago

Which insert is batusi ?

#92 6 years ago

Which insert is batusi ?

Bat insert I believe. It should look the same as when villain escape is lit based on the code notes.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

they are out of space and not changing it up now, and so on, and so on. , but I always have a game or 2 that I could part with if there's something new I want comes out So your telling me you are done and you are just going to enjoy what you have from hear on out?

Never done...or at least I hope I never lose the passion. At the moment i always want new games. I also will never run out of space. However as stated in my original post none are stale to me. Fwiw when I get a new game in my lineup I dont play the crap out of it and neglect the rest in part because it usually takes me some time to actually like a new game. So to wrap it up....yes I'm going to enjoy what I got from here on out.....until I need cash for something new which is much different than getting tired of it which I rarely ever do.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

I traded my BM66 for a Walking Dead... so no, it's not a keeper for me. Saying so - I am not a collector, more a player. It is highly probable, that I will buy a BM66 later again. Code is really on a very nice way, but it is/was a huge disappointment, that it took so long.

Yeah ! And you'll never get the Batman back
Batman is for me the surprise of the last years.
As I played it the first time, it was boring. But now - Wow ! It's a keeper for sure. I must always smile, when i play it and it will be in my alltime high 5.
By the way : I've played the Batusi multiball, a wizard mode, but I had no time to view what really happend
If Lyman finished the code, it will (is) a masterpiece

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good grief, you bastard!!.. .....killed it quick....Batusi is in there (.87)....you must find it and detail what scene's etc. look like....great play!!!!

Keep us posted please.......

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard1:

As I played it the first time, it was boring. But now - Wow ! It's a keeper for sure. I must always smile, when i play it and it will be in my alltime high 5.
By the way : I've played the Batusi multiball, a wizard mode, but I had no time to view what really happend

You must hit it again and fill us in...what wizard mode was it? This game is sick!!

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Battle minor villains from seasons 1, 2, and 3 to light the season 1, 2, and 3 inserts down by the flippers. Once you light all 3 seasons the "Batman" insert starts flashing. You will also see the bat signal flashing in the upper right on the back panel by Riddler scoop. Shoot the left orbit into the Riddler scoop to start Batusi multiball wizard mode.

Sweet!!! I can dream....

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard1:

B66 is still on the production line and there are many in stock at distributors

#99 6 years ago

B66 is still on the production line and there are many in stock at distributors

wizard1 was most probably referring to LE and SLE games, those will be hard to get back if sold now Lyman is hitting his stride with the code.

#100 6 years ago

It’s as much of a keeper as anything else. In other words, no, because there are no keepers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-b66-a-keeper/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.