(Topic ID: 249504)

Is AVENGERS another abandoned urchin?

By cody_chunn

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Had a good game on Av at the SFGE, was doing really well, then the game kinda went dark all over and didn't do anything until I lost that ball. Was that a void where a wiz mode or something should have been?

#2 4 years ago

I'm thinking there was some sort of issue with the particular game you were playing. Avengers is pretty polished from a code perspective.

1 month later
#3 4 years ago

I now own that avengers, there was an issue at the event where someone broke the tesseract off but that is all I am aware of. I haven’t run into anything as you described.

#4 4 years ago

I've never had a problem with it...

#5 4 years ago

The only thing not really coded is animations for the final wizard mode. I doubt you made it there (did you have all avengers lit solid) but if you did, the game still plays, points are awarded, etc but the animations and sounds are lacking. If the whole game went dark it was probably some glitch in the game.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The only thing not really coded is animations for the final wizard mode. I doubt you made it there (did you have all avengers lit solid) but if you did, the game still plays, points are awarded, etc but the animations and sounds are lacking. If the whole game went dark it was probably some glitch in the game.

OK, that sounds exactly like what happened. I was still flippin (can't remember if it was scoring or not) but the dmd and playfield lights were dark. It was a really good game for me and I think it was the final mode.

Hey new owner...do you still have the hi score table from the show? Can you take the glass out and finger all the switches to get to that final mode? I am very curious to learn either way.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-avengers-another-abandoned-urchin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.