• 92 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by illpoet
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61BYCDXh4JL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider illpoet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 3 years ago

just saw this thread so i thought i'd chime in. Half life alyx is so amazing. I've been into VR since the Oculus rift Dev Kit 2 and I'm happy that someone finally put out a VR game worthy of the genre. There have been other games that were good for sure but this is the first title that I'd consider "Must Play". I wasn't going to buy any new vr stuff but then alyx made me go ahead and pre order a reverb g2. It should be shipping soon!

I'd like to add that if you haven't done it yet, try out Half Life 2 in VR. You have to have strong VR legs because it does induce VR sickness pretty badly but if you can stomach it, it's amazing in VR! the game was ahead of its time and some of it's innovations (No cut scenes, large detailed maps) really work in vr.

anyway i see this as a perfect opportunity to plug my lets play series on youtube I've been doing on and off since 2015 where i play Half life games in VR!

if anyone needs help getting hl2 to run in vr hmu in dm i should be able to still figure out how to get it to run.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

This motion sickness concerns me. How bad is it with Alyx? My Rift didn't bother me too much unless it was a bad rated experience.

It's not bad at all if you use teleport to move around. I have a friend that gets bad vrsickness and she was just fine using teleport to get around. She couldn't do the locomotion style of movement at all though.

#92 3 years ago

No I mean there's a way to travel where if you push the touch pad up it moves you forward like you are walking around.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider illpoet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-playing-half-life-alyx?tu=illpoet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.