By PinballCharlie

87 days ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 81 days ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Here is a link to the YouTube video with the recommendations:

Awesome! This is exactly what I need. I'm going to watch this tonight. No way I am going to waste that $20 I paid for Virtual Desktop

#52 81 days ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Awesome! This is exactly what I need. I'm going to watch this tonight. No way I am going to waste that $20 I paid for Virtual Desktop

Enjoy!

I also want to note if anyone watches my Twitch stream, the video quality is not the best due to my internet (not an accurate representation of what the video quality looks like in the Quest, which is great).

#53 81 days ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I believe the resolution on the Quest is the same as the Valve Index. The big differences is refresh rate and field of view. The Quest has been great for me, especially at the cost and other benefits.

I guess I was referencing more of the pimax/hp reverb sets. Quest is 1440 × 1600 per eye @ 72 Hz, Reverb is almost 2160 x 2160 @ 90 Hz. And, yeah, Index has the much higher refresh rate, which is super vital in vr. When I play in 60 Hz, I'm ready to throw up in 15 minutes.

#54 81 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

I guess I was referencing more of the pimax/hp reverb sets. Quest is 1440 × 1600 per eye @ 72 Hz, Reverb is almost 2160 x 2160 @ 90 Hz. And, yeah, Index has the much higher refresh rate, which is super vital in vr. When I play in 60 Hz, I'm ready to throw up in 15 minutes.

I guess I have my "VR legs" as they would call it. I play Alyx with free locomotion (and most other games for that matter) and don't feel sick, but I know it varies from person to person. I am in no way saying the Quest is the best, but I am happy with it.

#55 81 days ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I guess I have my "VR legs" as they would call it. I play Alyx with free locomotion (and most other games for that matter) and don't feel sick, but I know it varies from person to person. I am in no way saying the Quest is the best, but I am happy with it.

I've been playing more vr recently and I can tell my eyes are taking a toll. Anyone else get with fatigue? I can barely last more than 30 min.

As for that speed 800-900 Mbps and that's wireless? I've only seen that speed when wired. What is your plan and setup? I have FiOS gb speed with mesh setup via velop but my speeds wireless are 300 or less.

Edit just noticed you say you play right the router. That def helps but even if I bring my laptop wireless next to router in not getting 800mbps

#56 81 days ago

I would consider a VR cable management system if I had the play space.

https://windowsreport.com/best-vr-cable-management/

#57 80 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've been playing more vr recently and I can tell my eyes are taking a toll. Anyone else get with fatigue? I can barely last more than 30 min.
As for that speed 800-900 Mbps and that's wireless? I've only seen that speed when wired. What is your plan and setup? I have FiOS gb speed with mesh setup via velop but my speeds wireless are 300 or less.
Edit just noticed you say you play right the router. That def helps but even if I bring my laptop wireless next to router in not getting 800mbps

Yeah, I usually can't play for more than an hour at a time, but I attribute it mostly to my contacts.

Right - I am not playing through the internet - my gaming PC is hard wired to my router, and then the Quest is connected to the 5GHz band on the router. I am also standing about 5-10 feet from my router when I play, so that helps (I noticed if I play from another room I get about 600Mbsp, which has still worked okay with just very occasional stutter). My router is an AC1900 - and the 5GHz band should in theory have data rates up to 1300Mbps per the router specs.

1 month later
#59 31 days ago

Finally picked up an Oculus Quest, I gotta say this thing is amazing. So much more comfortable then the HTC VIVe and Index I had. It feels lighter, less forceful on the head, plus to me the PQ is more clear. Can't wait to try ALyx on it, so far playing that vader game, its awesome.

#60 27 days ago

Man that Vader game with the rancor , I was actually scared . Rancors are truly frightening !

#61 27 days ago

I have a quest and really want to play this game. The issue is that I don't have a computer that can run it and don't want to invest in a beefy computer when I have one that works well for me. It also doesn't make sense because my PC is upstairs and I play the quest in the basement where there is free space. I would love to play this game though!

#62 27 days ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have a quest and really want to play this game. The issue is that I don't have a computer that can run it and don't want to invest in a beefy computer when I have one that works well for me. It also doesn't make sense because my PC is upstairs and I play the quest in the basement where there is free space. I would love to play this game though!

Yeah u need good P.C. and use the usb connector . It’s amazing

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 149.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 339.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Habos Arcade
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside