(Topic ID: 259412)

Is anyone other than RD gonna be remaking WPC PD boards?

By underlord

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I remember years ago Pinled jumped in. But board rebuilders won’t even touch Rottendog boards. Original WPC 91-94 boards are now either worn out junk, hacked, or unobtainium.

At $300 a pop buying a RD board just to throw it away later if something happens seems silly.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

I just finished the layout for the WPC-89 CPU (and security) board. I'm almost done with the WPC-95 AV board. The WPC-89 Power Driver board is probably the next on my list.
See my thread @ https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs for more information (although I don't typically announce what I'm working on).
I've seen a PinLED board if I recall correctly. It's mostly surface mount. I also have a few Rottendog power driver boards in some of my machines and I want to replace them with original boards as well.

Just read your thread. Fantastic work! Would truly be refreshing for a fellow enthusiast to bring their passion to the production table on these boards.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

What is the problem with the RD power driver boards if they are working fine right now?
I have a System 9 RD PD board I have to put in; the old one honestly looks like a fire hazard at this point (torched GI connector points). I am sure I could save it but I thought one that generates much less heat and is not 35 years old would be the way to go...

No idea. Some folks who do top notch board repairs won’t touch them. Visually they look ok. Maybe someone who knows RD boards better can chime in why.

My concern is if RD is considered junky, my pins deserve the best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 180.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-other-than-rd-gonna-be-remaking-wpc-pd-boards?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.