Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dmbjunky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Serious question, can someone please list all the possible distributors/dealers selling Houdini.

I would like to have one spot to reference them all.

#2 6 years ago

I believe JJ is not

#3 6 years ago

Well you have to hand it to them. They've covered the globe with distributors. Out of all the companies out there Stern should fear this one. They seem to really have their shit together. Time will tell.

#4 6 years ago

I will be officially a Dist soon for Houdini as well

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I will be officially a Dist soon for Houdini as well

well that is an easy one to avoid buying from

#6 6 years ago

Jesus Christ man can you take 10 seconds to capitalize his name in title?
Making my eyes bleed.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

They seem to really have their shit together. Time will tell.

Ha

#8 6 years ago

Won't you have the first one either way?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well that is an easy one to avoid buying from

Dont worry, i'll get a bunch of people to chime in when making a sale so I can over price and scam/hype my sales. I've learned from the best.

#10 6 years ago

I am but my LE's already sold out.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Jesus Christ man can you take 10 seconds to capitalize his name in title?
Making my eyes bleed.

I was referring to the game, not the man.

Can I buy part of the man somewhere? If so, I am in!

#13 6 years ago

I think you know what part I want to buy

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Balls?

#15 6 years ago

nope, I am plenty good in that department. Whom does not want a little more twig to go with the berries? especially magic twig!

#16 6 years ago

I might be one.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope, I am plenty good in that department. Whom does not want a little more twig to go with the berries? especially magic twig!

#19 6 years ago

Out of all the companies out there Stern should fear this one.

Ha Ha

#20 6 years ago

Jersey Jack

#21 6 years ago

Why don't you just reach out to AP and ask for their distributor list?

#22 6 years ago

No. Anyone is not a Houdini distributor

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

No. Anyone is not a Houdini distributor

what about noone?

#24 6 years ago

You guys can laugh all you want but they made more progress in a year than jpop, heighway, JJP or dutch, should i even list silver castle??. Plus they came to the show and delivered what they promised to deliver. Now they have a list of distributors the size of which should make other pinball manufacturers jealous. If they keep on schedule houdini might just pull a few tricks and give that company alot of momentum. JJP can only release a game every 3 years and these guys have done a very solid prototype in less than one. JJP chargesmore per game that they are currently forcasting for final msrp. Plus they havent asked for any money.

#25 6 years ago

You guys can laugh all you want but they made more progress in a year than jpop, heighway, JJP or dutch, should i even list silver castle??. Plus they came to the show and delivered what they promised to deliver. Now they have a list of distributors the size of which should make other pinball manufacturers jealous. If they keep on schedule houdini might just pull a few tricks and give that company alot of momentum. JJP can only release a game every 3 years and these guys have done a very solid prototype in less than one. JJP chargesmore per game that they are currently forcasting for final msrp. Plus they havent asked for any money.

The biggest jump is not producing a prototype. It's from prototype to production. So no they haven't done more than JJP or Heighway.

I saw Houdini at Allentown and it looks great. And yes they have started asking for money. Their flyer said taking $500 deposits.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I saw Houdini at Allentown and it looks great. And yes they have started asking for money. Their flyer said taking $500 deposits.

I was not aware of that.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you have a pic of the flyer?

To this point, AP stated that they are not taking deposits. Their Distributors are free to do as they wish...from simple lists of interested names to requesting deposit money, but none of that money is transferred/collected/requested by American Pinball.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

Do you have a pic of the flyer?
To this point, AP stated that they are not taking deposits. Their Distributors are free to do as they wish...from simple lists of interested names to requesting deposit money, but none of that money is transferred/collected/requested by American Pinball.

I saw that flyer too - I believe it was a PinballSTAR flyer, not AP

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Why don't you just reach out to AP and ask for their distributor list?

i sent a contact form and did not here back.

I have seen numerous pinsiders post up at various times that they are distributors, but figured it would be good to have a spot in one thread, hence this thread.

The title was just for fun/ to get some action in it. I really was interested in whom they all are and planned to update the first post in the thread, figuring they would chime in.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I saw that flyer too - I believe it was a PinballSTAR flyer, not AP

Yes it was. My mistake. But if they aren't selling direct then is this really different from anyone else?

Has anyone heard a estimated shipping date?

#31 6 years ago

They are using distributors and the distributors are asking for a refundable deposit to hold your line. AP isn't getting any money. Distributors asking for refundable deposits do so to keep out the fence sitters that say Yes to every new titles and then bail when its time to hand over any money. I respect the no pre-order model and it shows their commitment to produce the game on their dime.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

The biggest jump is not producing a prototype. It's from prototype to production. So no they haven't done more than JJP or Heighway.

#32 6 years ago

They said near the end of the year. There is much to code and test, train, build the line, etc. The nice thing is more prototypes are being made for shows to get exposure and public testing.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yes it was. My mistake. But if they aren't selling direct then is this really different from anyone else?
Has anyone heard a estimated shipping date?

#33 6 years ago

Is that owner guy a millionaire? I thought I remember hearing he's the source of money behind this venture. That would certainly be different than the other new pin companies.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have seen numerous pinsiders post up at various times that they are distributors, but figured it would be good to have a spot in one thread, hence this thread.

Check out the Houdini thread. Saw a few folks in there that stated they were distros.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Get back on topic guys. Just so we are clear, Hilton wants to Frankenstein sew houdini's twig on to his?

#36 6 years ago

lol!!!!!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Get back on topic guys. Just so we are clear, Hilton wants to Frankenstein sew houdini's twig on to his?

That sounds like a Human Centipede type of situation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-not-a-houdini-distributor?hl=ricflair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.